TSL Restored Content Mod

• Please log in to reply
99 replies to this topic

#21 Grunker

Grunker

Prince Charming

• 1240 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 03:38 AM

Of course, it's your own choice, but I think the brilliancy of the Restoration Pack is that they stick to restoring things that were meant to be in the game (i.e. things that there are files for already) and fixing bugs.

That way, we get a 100% pure Obsidian-KotOR game out of it, without any selfcreated dialogue.

I'd like romances too - but they'd have to be done by someone else.

Besides, there would be no audio for newly added dialogue.
"I've heard people complain that the game [the new Prince of Persia] is too easy, which seems odd to me, since I died more times than The Nameless One in a smoothie-maker."

- Yahtzee

#22 Gabrielle

Gabrielle

Do what thou wilt

• 1567 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 04:43 PM

I am looking forward to it. They also post updates at the Obsidian forum also.
For all of your BG modding needs: Chosen of Mystra.

This is The End.

#23 SeV

SeV
  • Modder
  • 390 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 04:51 PM

yes...a lthought to be fair I keep nodding off and never finished KOTOR 2 :( I love KOTOR 1 though. I really hate it when Bioware makes a game, and then hands the sequel off to Obsidian who does a mediocre job with it (NWN anyone?)

My avatar courtesy of my own little personal artist, Rumms

#24 Anonymous2

Anonymous2
  • 460 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 06:25 AM

Eh you make a pretty good point...maybe for the next three after Kotor III (which I believe will be an entire new story altogether) Lucasarts will do what they should've done and signed a three game project with Bioware instead of just offering them one...because (let's face it) any company would agree if there was enough $$$ to back it up...and with the revenue generated by the games Lucas can definetly make up their losses...

And yeah the dialogue in Kotor II was a bit much....you end up feeling like your reading a book sometimes, the worst I thought was the HK-50 droid on Peragus when you first run into him...took about 20 minutes or so for him to finish all his dialogue... :wacko:
Disappointed in LucasArts and Bioware.

#25 Grunker

Grunker

Prince Charming

• 1240 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 06:33 AM

yes...a lthought to be fair I keep nodding off and never finished KOTOR 2 :( I love KOTOR 1 though. I really hate it when Bioware makes a game, and then hands the sequel off to Obsidian who does a mediocre job with it (NWN anyone?)

Duh..?

K1 was great game in all aspects, K2 was bad combat/system-wise but had better roleplaying. That's subjective of course, but that's just one example. NWN I is probably one of the worst games I have played in my entire life. #II wasn't really a very good game, but anything kicks ass compared to #I in my opinion :)

Bioware has produced a lot of good stuff and a lot of shit, but they have yet to provide us with a game that is truely brilliant (such as Baldur's Gate or Bloodlines) on their own.

Besides, there can never be too much dialogue IMO. As long as there is enough real gaming time, which KII had, there should be no limit to the dialogue. The more dialogue, the more plot, the more roleplaying. Of course, if it's shitty dialogue I agree, but AFAIC it wasn't in K2.

On a side note, The Restoration Project only has 43 bugs to go. The countdown has indeed begun :)
"I've heard people complain that the game [the new Prince of Persia] is too easy, which seems odd to me, since I died more times than The Nameless One in a smoothie-maker."

- Yahtzee

#26 Gabrielle

Gabrielle

Do what thou wilt

• 1567 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 05:47 AM

Obsidian didn't do a mediocre job with K2. They did a good job, even better with the push from LucasArts to get it done before Christmas. It could have been great if LA didn't meddle with it.

This is The End.

#27 Grunker

Grunker

Prince Charming

• 1240 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 07:17 AM

39 bugs to go... The excitement is unsurpassable :)

- Yahtzee

#28 Anonymous2

Anonymous2
  • 460 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 12:25 PM

So after the bugs are taken care of when will they release the Resto Pack...? Is it just for PC? Cause if so I'm not going to bother as I have it for Xbox and I'll be buying the sequel for the 360... <_<

#29 Gabrielle

Gabrielle

Do what thou wilt

• 1567 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 04:19 PM

X-box is SOL.

This is The End.

#30 Anonymous2

Anonymous2
  • 460 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 07:52 PM

(edited)

Edited by Anonymous2, 26 July 2007 - 02:06 PM.

#31 Grunker

Grunker

Prince Charming

• 1240 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 05:10 AM

Consoles are moneymachines, if they didn't exist, all their games would exist for PC, with suitable controllers, and everyone woukld have a TV-out cable to play PC on their TV. But we're not having that discussion again.

The Restoration Pack only comes for PC, partly because it's a huge job modifying it for the Xbox, partly because there's not a single reason to by a game that's out for PC for the Xbox.

I wouldn't be surprised, though, if somebody picked up the Resto-pack and modified it for the Xbox at some point.

And as for the releasedate: As soon as the amount of bugs hits 0.

Edited by Grunker, 17 May 2007 - 05:35 AM.

- Yahtzee

#32 Gabrielle

Gabrielle

Do what thou wilt

• 1567 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 05:31 AM

That is what I meant, it is for the pc only.

Don't get me started on consoles vs the great pc.

This is The End.

#33 Anonymous2

Anonymous2
  • 460 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 03:10 PM

That's good to hear about the Resto Pack...

And I'll just say this about the PC...it's true that the PC gave birth to all consoles but in the 'evolution' of gaming clearly the eight ball has turned in the consoles favour, like I said above any who denies this is fooling themselves...(in my opinion) I find the PC has become very redundant and unreliable...your always having to upgrade your system, pouring tons of $$$ into it all the time to keep up with the times, when a console is all set and ready to go right when you buy it...and I'd much rather have an easy to use controller over fumbling with a keyboard...

Bottom line- A PC's nice but a consoles so much easier...and cheaper (especially in the long-run).

Anyways, let's not turn this into an off-topic arguement...back to the resto pack topic... :cheers:

#34 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 03:55 PM

Yes, I would appreciate it if you didn't turn this off-topic so I won't have to remove anyone's posts.

#35 Daulmakan

Daulmakan

Comfortably numb

• 1065 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 08:52 PM

Yes, I'm still waiting, and somewhat disappointed with the overall speed of the process. I think it'll be worthy though.

item_pack.jpg   Drows.jpg

#36 Grunker

Grunker

Prince Charming

• 1240 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 08:36 PM

25... Oooooh. Shiny.

1 Minor bug and we have a new build version :)

- Yahtzee

#37 Anonymous2

Anonymous2
  • 460 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 07:43 PM

I'm pretty sure I won't be buying it as I don't think my PC has enough to support it but let me know how it turns out...the added stuff I mean, just post it here or in another topic :mellow:

By the way is it do out at the end of the year or will it arrive sooner?

Edited by Anonymous2, 09 June 2007 - 12:48 PM.

#38 Grunker

Grunker

Prince Charming

• 1240 posts

Posted 12 June 2007 - 03:14 AM

First question: Of course. I reckon I'll be playing it and writing a review on it on the forums.

Second question: Their official release-date is: "When it's done." It could be a week, it could be another year. Personally, and this may be totally wrong, I'd say October, but it's no sure bet.

On a positive side-note, they're up to build 0.8b.

- Yahtzee

#39 Januszka

Januszka
  • 13 posts

Posted 26 July 2007 - 11:04 PM

Waiting for it and translating it too :)

#40 Daulmakan

Daulmakan

Comfortably numb

• 1065 posts

Posted 23 October 2007 - 04:26 PM

Build 0.9b1: All languages building succesfully.

Slow, but at least it's continuous.

Alright. :cheers:

item_pack.jpg   Drows.jpg