• Please log in to reply
99 replies to this topic

#41 Tassadar88

Tassadar88

Templar in Flames

• 1302 posts

Posted 24 October 2007 - 12:45 AM

Burning with expectation :)
The Mind is its own place and in itself - can make a Heaven of Hell, a Hell of Heaven. -John Milton, Paradise lost

#42 Gabrielle

Gabrielle

Do what thou wilt

• 1567 posts

Posted 13 November 2007 - 07:03 AM

One of these years it'll get done.
For all of your BG modding needs: Chosen of Mystra.

This is The End.

#43 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 15 November 2007 - 09:55 PM

Looking good now, since it's still going and development hasn't been discontinued. I'll probably re-play KotOR I (Some quality mods for it as well) and KotOR II when this pack hits the download counter.

What with the wild rumors around gaming forums around the Internet, looks like KotOR 3 is likely in development, and has been for some time. Some even predict release to take place in Dec. 2008. Me, I'm a bit skeptic about Knights 3 being released next year, but I do believe it is in development.

Unless I'm mistaken, and it's another *sigh* mmorpg that they are working on. I seriously hope not.

#44 Anonymous2

Anonymous2
  • 460 posts

Posted 16 November 2007 - 06:29 PM

Looking good now, since it's still going and development hasn't been discontinued. I'll probably re-play KotOR I (Some quality mods for it as well) and KotOR II when this pack hits the download counter.

What with the wild rumors around gaming forums around the Internet, looks like KotOR 3 is likely in development, and has been for some time. Some even predict release to take place in Dec. 2008. Me, I'm a bit skeptic about Knights 3 being released next year, but I do believe it is in development.

Unless I'm mistaken, and it's another *sigh* mmorpg that they are working on. I seriously hope not.

Probably just another rumor...someone told me Bioware was doing it and it would be out by this Christmas, pure garbage as I know there's no way in hell it'll be out this year, and they got their rumor from the Official Xbox Magazine. So sometimes you don't know what to believe, next Christmas sounds good and I'm optomistic but it's hard to believe when you've heard absolutely nothing about it from LucasArts, they only do two major game projects a year and many are speculating that Battlefront III and KotOR III will be the two next year...again pure rumor though, I myself think their too busy with The Force Unleashed to care about the next chapter in KotOR.

And (in my opinion) I would put Bioware out of the mix as they've clearly stated many times their not doing it so likely Obsidian will get to finish what they started with the next game, if they do I hope they fill in the holes of the unfinished KotOR II and give us an idea if the restored content from Team Gizka will be included in the plotline of the third game, like Atton and Brianna's death for example... :unsure:

But after waiting all this time I really hope we see it on the horizon soon, I guess at this point any news is good news :cheers:
Disappointed in LucasArts and Bioware.

#45 Kaylia

Kaylia
  • 14 posts

Posted 24 January 2008 - 12:53 AM

I am patiently waiting for this to be done.
(remains me of watching the progress of TDD for BG2)
They are putting a lot of effort to have a bug free public release,
so it is well worth the wait.

I actually haven't played the vanilla KOTOR 2 games yet (please don't put spoilers of
the cut content without warning, even if you think everyone knows it, there are still people that don't,
like me)

Will surelly replay KOTOR 1 with some mods (I'll need to gather around what is
cool to be added to KOTOR1) when the restoration pack arrives,
and maybe by the time I finish, restoration pack will have some patch to make
the experience as good as possible :cheers:

#46 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 11:48 PM

Hum hum. I'm browsing SHS forums for a change.

Looking at the Restoration Pack progress/forums, I'm expecting to see it released some time this year. I'm definitely replaying the KotOR games once they get around releasing this.

Anyone else who is still waiting?

#47 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 12:10 AM

Anyone else who is still waiting?

Yes... still.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#48 Kellen

Kellen

Earn a person's heart, and they'll die a thousand deaths

• 7092 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 07:10 AM

I've the X-Box version. It won't help me in the slightest.
"She could resist temptation. Really she could. Sometimes. At least when it wasn't tempting." - Calli Slythistle
"She was a fire, and I had no doubt that she had already done her share of burning." - Lord Firael Algathrin
"Most assume that all the followers of Lathander are great morning people. They're very wrong." - Tanek of Cloakwood

we are all adults playing a fantasy together, - cmorgan

#49 SConrad

SConrad

I swear to drunk I'm not God

• Administrator
  • 11148 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 12:06 PM

I'm waiting for it too--have been thinking of replaying TSL, but want to wait until the Restoration Pack is out. :)

Posted Image Khadion NPC mod - Team leader, head designer
Posted Image Hubelpot NPC mod - Team leader, coder
Posted Image NPC Damage - Coder
Posted Image PC Soundsets - Coder, voice actor
Posted Image Brythe NPC mod - Designer
Posted Image DragonLance TC - Glory of Istar - Designer
Posted Image The NPC Interaction Expansion Project - Writer for Cernd, Sarevok
Posted Image The Jerry Zinger Show - Producer

Iron Modder 5 - Winner

#50 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 11:04 PM

I'm waiting for it too--have been thinking of replaying TSL, but want to wait until the Restoration Pack is out. :)

I've thought about that a couple of times myself, I even created a character once, but then I started thinking about how much better it could be with the restoration pack. I guess I could replay KotOR I in the mean time...

#51 Daulmakan

Daulmakan

Comfortably numb

• 1065 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 02:28 PM

Current Build: 1.0b1 !

Which means it's already in its testing stage. Next scheluded build is the official release!

:coolthumb:

item_pack.jpg   Drows.jpg

#52 Tassadar88

Tassadar88

Templar in Flames

• 1302 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 05:50 PM

Yay!! I was checking there once every free days - it looked quite calm on the surface ;-)
The Mind is its own place and in itself - can make a Heaven of Hell, a Hell of Heaven. -John Milton, Paradise lost

#53 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 07:57 AM

Wow, this is news!! Does anybody know if they need more testers(that's more like a player, not a tester :D )?

#54 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 16 March 2008 - 10:25 PM

Next scheduled build is the official release!

Unfortunately untrue, and now it seems as that they are in trouble, no nothing huge, but they have more reported bug than for a loong while now(30), but this is mostly cause they try to get rid of as many of the unseen problems as possible.
Just to archive these,
Current Build: 1.0b2 :cheers: This was at 17. 3. 2008
Current Build: 1.0b3, errors count at 17 at currently(Tracking 949 known issues). This at 28. 3. 2008
Current Build: 1.0b4, errors count at 17 at currently(Tracking 956 known issues). This at 31. 3. 2008
Current Build: 1.0b5, errors count at 24 at currently(Tracking 968 known issues). This at 7. 4. 2008
Current Build: 1.0b6, errors count at 27 at currently(Tracking 977 known issues). This at 21. 4. 2008

My bet is that they get to 1000 known issues before they get to the first generally published version.(1.0c1) But that should be kinda it then.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 21 April 2008 - 03:08 AM.

#55 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 09:16 AM

From the Team Gizka Forums - See the uppermost thread called "Two Weeks".

What do you think? Is that a real clue of the release date or an early April Fool's? I mean, the thread was posted on March 17th... go forward two weeks and it's April 1st, give or take a few hours.

I sincerely hope it's real... otherwise it's going to be the worst April Fool's ever.

Edit: I hope I'm not the only one obsessed enough about this restoration pack to have followed it this far and to still have the site bookmarked...? ;)

Edited by Archmage Silver, 24 March 2009 - 09:27 AM.

#56 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 09:47 AM

Let's hope that it's not...

Now, just for reminder, everyone has these movie updates, right?

#57 Daulmakan

Daulmakan

Comfortably numb

• 1065 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 10:41 AM

Edit: I hope I'm not the only one obsessed enough about this restoration pack to have followed it this far and to still have the site bookmarked...? ;)

You're not.

I'm optimistic about this.

item_pack.jpg   Drows.jpg

#58 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 12:13 PM

Let's hope that it's not...

Now, just for reminder, everyone has these movie updates, right?

Yup, I've had them since... well, the day they were released. The HQ music pack obviously as well.

Here's an alternative mirror should anyone need one:
http://www.nzone.com..._downloads.html

You're not.

I'm optimistic about this.

We can only hope. At this point I'd take news of any major progress, even if the restoration pack isn't ready for release yet.

#59 Eleima

Eleima

Geek Goddess

• Modder
  • 1861 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 11:20 PM

We can only hope indeed. I, for one, will be patiently waiting, and hoping! :)

Thank goodness for those HQ movies though. That, in itself, was a a huuuuuge improvement. Those original movies were just plain **awful**!

Check out my DeviantArt account, as well as my scribbling on FanFiction.net
RPGBadgeLarge.png

sig.gif

#60 Cal Jones

Cal Jones
  • Modder
  • 1168 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 10:47 PM

Oooh well this looks promising doesn't it. *crosses fingers*