• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 22 October 2006 - 12:23 PM

Have a few questions regarding use of SoBH with Tutu. The 2.05 version seems to install fine on my EasyTutu installation, except for a bunch of "typo" errors such as the following:

[BoneHill/Language/english/baf.tra] parsed
[BoneHill/Language/english/baf.tra] has 105 translation strings
This expression has a typo in the second part: Global("BHPellSpawn1","BH0100")
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [C:\Games\BG2\CD5\/data/Default.bif]

Not sure if these are significant or not. I can start up a game and play just fine, haven't got to the part where the actual mod starts. But the readme states Yacomo's Worldmap should be installed after SoBH. But is it *required* for SoBH on Tutu? Though the Worldmap's install says it's Tutu-compatible, I get a CTD when starting or loading a game after installation.

Also wondering if anyone's played through SoBH on Tutu and if there are any major issues, or if it will interfere or conflict with other mods.

Thanks,
-Miloch

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#2 f9th-underdog

f9th-underdog
  • 128 posts

Posted 23 October 2006 - 09:16 AM

SoBH has worked on Tutu, and on my current Tutu game, had the same problem with the worldmap as you, tried some of the things in the other forum for WM probelms no effect, if you play without the WM you will have to find/know the BH area codes, and 'movetoarea' to get around as the areas won't show up on the map.

Hasn't conflicted with any mods for me yet.
Minnesota, the state where absolutly nothing is allowed.
-
!lanimret siht edisni deppart ma I !pleH

#3 ronin

ronin
  • Modder
  • 2114 posts

Posted 23 October 2006 - 09:36 AM

All of the area entry points refer to BGT areas and TuTu has completely different names for areas. You would have to change the entire link list for all the areas in order for it to work in tutu. Also tutu uses a naming convention for spells, creatures, items and alot of other things that start with an underscore ( _ ) whereas BGT does not. I just converted SCS for BGT and there is alot to do to make a mod compatible with either tutu or bgt.

ronin

forget the above I wasnt aware that SoBH was tutu compatible.

Edited by ronin69hof, 23 October 2006 - 10:13 AM.

#4 ScuD

ScuD
  • 492 posts

Posted 23 October 2006 - 11:27 AM

As the worldmap offers to choose the installation between Mega-Install and TuTu, I understand it is compatible with both.
Why shouldn't you install it? ;)

#5 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 23 October 2006 - 11:50 AM

As the worldmap offers to choose the installation between Mega-Install and TuTu, I understand it is compatible with both.
Why shouldn't you install it? ;)

While the WM is Tutu compatible, it only has links in the .tp2 for the BG1 areas, not SoBH or any other mod. It looks like SoBH/Tutu will take you as normal from the Temple of Lathander to Restenford. All the area numbering seems the same for BGT or Tutu installs except for the Sword Coast areas, so theoretically, as long as the Exit names match up between the BGT and Tutu .are's for SoBH, the map should work correctly. Somebody with Tutu needs to test it though to be certain.

Edited by erebusant, 24 October 2006 - 04:50 AM.

It takes a village...

#6 ScuD

ScuD
  • 492 posts

Posted 24 October 2006 - 12:10 AM

Hm... Didn't know that...

#7 f9th-underdog

f9th-underdog
  • 128 posts

Posted 24 October 2006 - 10:40 AM

The previous version of WM (5.?) worked with Tutu, the current one doesn't WM6.x(?), the SoBH areas are all bhxxxx.are names, which should be the same, in Tutu and BGT, without the WM installed when you exit an area it shows you sitting at the temple, so you have to MoveToArea to get to the next BH area.
Minnesota, the state where absolutly nothing is allowed.
-
!lanimret siht edisni deppart ma I !pleH

#8 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 24 October 2006 - 08:57 PM

Hmm. Would something like Baronius's tutorial help to develop some sort of patch whereby one could install SoBH with or without the Worldmap and move to the mod's areas naturally without CLUAing the MoveToArea codes in?

Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#9 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 25 October 2006 - 02:31 PM

I'm not totally convinced that the Wordmap 6.3 works with the Tutu version of The Secret of Bonehill. The readme tells me to install the worldmap in the BGII directory so the worldmap must end up in the override there yet Tutu looks for the worldmap in the override of the BGTutu directory. Hmm.. I'm confused.

#10 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 06:16 PM

I would assume that Tutu may look for the map in the BGTutu folder to copy it over to the override folder but does it really continue to look there during the game? Wouldn't that require a change to the actual game engine to look outside of the standard BG2 folders?

SoBH and Tutu worked together with the Worldmap months ago when I tested it. I don't know about current versions.

Tired of Bhaal? Try some classics mods instead:
Classic Adventures
Official Classic Adventures Website

#11 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 08:33 PM

I'm not totally convinced that the Wordmap 6.3 works with the Tutu version of The Secret of Bonehill. The readme tells me to install the worldmap in the BGII directory so the worldmap must end up in the override there yet Tutu looks for the worldmap in the override of the BGTutu directory. Hmm.. I'm confused.

What happens if you install the Worldmap v6.3 as directed for Tutu and copy the Worldmap.mos and the Worldmap.wmp from your BG2 override directory to your Tutu override directory? Do you still get the CTD when you start a new game??

It takes a village...

#12 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 09:58 PM

I'm using EasyTutu, which copies what it needs from your BG1 and BG2 installations to a separate folder. So any mod that tells you to install in BG2 (and is Tutu-compatible), you actually install to your EasyTutu folder. Which is what I did, so all the necessary files should be present. Both it and SoBH installed ok, but with the Worldmap any new or loaded game causes a CTD.

Would it help to test out an older version of the Worldmap with the latest version of SoBH?

#13 afulm

afulm
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 October 2006 - 06:20 AM

I have the exact same problem and would also be most interested in a solution.

#14 Red Carnelian

Red Carnelian
  • 30 posts

Posted 26 October 2006 - 11:03 AM

To put it in a nutshell the Worldmap v6.3 is not compatible with EasyTutu. The solution is to use the old install method for Tutu v4. However you will lose the benefits of the EasyTutu installation.

#15 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 26 October 2006 - 08:23 PM

To put it in a nutshell the Worldmap v6.3 is not compatible with EasyTutu. The solution is to use the old install method for Tutu v4. However you will lose the benefits of the EasyTutu installation.

Do you have Tutu v4 installed, and can you verify the Worldmap v6.3 works with it?

It takes a village...

#16 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 26 October 2006 - 08:33 PM

For what it's worth, I installed Worldmap v5 in EasyTutu successfully. It does increase my load/save times a bit but I can see the map just fine, and no crashes. The question is, does v5 work with SoBH v2.05... I haven't gotten far enough to find that out yet. And I'll probably just uninstall Worldmap v5 and CLUA into SoBH when the time comes unless someone can verify this setup, since the configuration of a latest version and a not-so-latest version together sounds, well, a bit dodgy.

So what was changed on the Worldmap from v5 to v6.3 that would make it EasyTutu-incompatible? If it was compatible in a previous release, seems to me it wouldn't be tough to make it that way again.

#17 Red Carnelian

Red Carnelian
  • 30 posts

Posted 27 October 2006 - 12:52 PM

Do you have Tutu v4 installed, and can you verify the Worldmap v6.3 works with it?

After furthur testing I installed Tutu v4 with Worldmap v6.3 but it just crashes. :(

#18 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 29 October 2006 - 05:40 PM

Ok, well does anyone have any contact with the Worldmap author(s)? The solution seems to be to get Worldmap v6.3 Tutu-enabled, which shouldn't be too tough if v5 was. I can't seem to find a forum or support for it, except a few references in the BP-BGT forum. Shouldn't be hard to find resources to do this but it'd be good to get a go-ahead from someone involved.

Thanks,
-Miloch

#19 seanas

seanas
  • Modder
  • 1906 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 01:34 AM

the worldmap authors are both contactable and, well, present here nearly as much as i am :P.

the problem, however, is that none of them, to my knowledge, use Tutu - so they (and we) need someone who has Tutu (whichever version it is that doesn't like v6.4) to tell us what exactly isn't working. and that is going to require the Tutu user to learn a little about how the worldmap works.

until that happens, there's actually not a great deal we can do (and i say this, cos i know erebusant is working on the problem, but lacking any direction from Tutu users as to what's actually going wrong, and what a proper Tutu install should look like, it's hard to make much progress).

"A simple test of the relative merits of science and religion is to compare lighting your house at night by prayer or electricity" - A. C. Grayling
"EFF files have saves, too." - CamDawg
|| this is radio seanas || BP Series v3 || seanas at work ||

#20 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 09:06 AM

the problem, however, is that none of them, to my knowledge, use Tutu - so they (and we) need someone who has Tutu (whichever version it is that doesn't like v6.4) to tell us what exactly isn't working.

Ok, well it's pretty simple. Tutu crashes to desktop when starting or loading a game after installing Worldmap v6.3.

Steps to reproduce:
1) Make sure clean install of BG1 + BG2 present.
2) Download and install EasyTutu per instructions (it doesn't touch either BG1 or BG2 so all you need is about 3-4GB of drive space).
3) Install latest Worldmap in Tutu folder.
4) Start a new game.

Expected behavior:
After about 3/4 way through loading process, the program crashes to a black window about 640x480 that has to be manually terminated.

Like I said earlier, Worldmap v5 *does* install properly in Tutu and the map is visible. So I don't know if I need full knowledge of how the map works, but the differences between v5 and v6.3 would help. Also if there's a newer version (6.4 you said?) out there, if you could point me in the direction of it so I can test that. All that's on the Wizard's mirror is v5 and v6.3.

I can try to muster up some Tutu expertise too - we're thinking maybe the map is trying to find area links present in BG1 but have been renamed in Tutu or something.

Cheers,
-Miloch