blue staff guy question

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 -nannn-

-nannn-

Posted 25 November 2006 - 04:18 PM

I just met him for the first time infront of the temple east of beregost, where he called me thief, and apparently told someone to attack me. then he just run away, and no one attacked, me. is this normal? and will i screw up the mod's continuity if kill him before he talks to me(his stuff isnt half bad)

#2 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 26 November 2006 - 11:51 PM

Don't worry it's normal ... or at least, if u have a blue staff some mercenaries will fight with you. Didn't they attack you?

About that guy, you'll find him another time later and ... a last time later on ;)

mm75

Tired of the same boring spawned creatures u face in BG? Try BGSpawn

#3 -nannn-

-nannn-

Posted 27 November 2006 - 01:53 PM

no...no on attacked me, he did order SOMEONE to kill me and take my staff, but no one was there. what i want to now is if he will reapear if i kill him the first time i see him to take his stuff, or if i ll screw up the quest continuity or a quest

#4 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 27 November 2006 - 09:46 PM

no...no on attacked me, he did order SOMEONE to kill me and take my staff, but no one was there. what i want to now is if he will reapear if i kill him the first time i see him to take his stuff, or if i ll screw up the quest continuity or a quest

He should spawn along with 8 mercenaries. You shouldn't be able to kill him. He runs away too fast. It shouldn't screw up future spawning unless your BHShaggySpawn global doesn't get set properly, and if your mercs didn't appear, but Shairgrallar did, then who knows what is messed up with your game. Of course who wants his stuff before they're supposed to get it anyway?

It takes a village...

#5 margrave

margrave
  • 65 posts

Posted 02 January 2007 - 04:36 PM

When I finish up with BH pt 1 and head back to the mainland there is no shaggy and no mercs waiting for me. I opened up SK and there is no bhshaggyspawn global set. Assuming that is the right global what is the correct value to get it to work, and does it need to be set before you leave restenford?

Oh, and I have run into him on past installs of the mega mod, just not this go around.

Edited by margrave, 02 January 2007 - 04:38 PM.

#6 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 02 January 2007 - 04:47 PM

When I finish up with BH pt 1 and head back to the mainland there is no shaggy and no mercs waiting for me. I opened up SK and there is no bhshaggyspawn global set. Assuming that is the right global what is the correct value to get it to work, and does it need to be set before you leave restenford?

Oh, and I have run into him on past installs of the mega mod, just not this go around.

Did you pick up the Blue Dragon Staff in the bonehill Catacombs? also, does player 1 have the staff, or another player?

It takes a village...

#7 margrave

margrave
  • 65 posts

Posted 02 January 2007 - 05:05 PM

Yes I have the staff and yes the PC has it, though I think it is in a bag of holding.

I tried going with the staff just in inventory and still no shaggy. I will try with it in the someone's hand, not the PC since he's a fighter.

That doesn't work either. If anyone knows the global I need to set to get this quest to fire please post it.

Edited by margrave, 02 January 2007 - 06:19 PM.

#8 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 02 January 2007 - 08:34 PM

Yes I have the staff and yes the PC has it, though I think it is in a bag of holding.

I tried going with the staff just in inventory and still no shaggy. I will try with it in the someone's hand, not the PC since he's a fighter.

That doesn't work either. If anyone knows the global I need to set to get this quest to fire please post it.

Here's from AR9300.bcs

IF
Global("BHShargrailarSpawn","AR9300",0)
InMyArea(Player1)
GlobalGT("BHQuestAccept","GLOBAL",3)
PartyHasItem("BHBUDSTF") // Staff of the Blue Dragon
THEN
RESPONSE #100
SetGlobal("BHShargrailarSpawn","AR9300",1)
SetGlobal("BHShaggySpawns","GLOBAL",1)
CreateCreature("BHShargr",[658.1526],9) // Shargrailar
CreateCreature("BHSHARG1",[716.1595],9) // Mercenary
CreateCreature("BHSHARG1",[716.1595],9) // Mercenary
CreateCreature("BHSHARG1",[509.1452],11) // Mercenary
CreateCreature("BHSHARG1",[509.1452],11) // Mercenary
CreateCreature("BHSHARG1",[550.1253],14) // Mercenary
CreateCreature("BHSHARG1",[550.1253],14) // Mercenary
CreateCreature("BHSHARG1",[990.1574],6) // Mercenary
CreateCreature("BHSHARG1",[990.1574],6) // Mercenary
END

It takes a village...

#9 margrave

margrave
  • 65 posts

Posted 02 January 2007 - 10:56 PM

With the staff in hand and all apparent quests done just before I talk to Peltar my BHQuestAccept = 5 and after I get back to the temple it is =9. I've tried setting the bhshargrailarspawn to =0 both before and after the transition to the temple and still no spawn.

I have no proficiency with NI and very little with SK, not to mention that this is the first time I've tried to alter global variables through the console too.

Do you think that there is an easy (given my lack of experience) way to set a global and force this quest to happen? Should it be set from a particular area or does that not matter?

I would like to fix this as I never made it far enough to play out the quest in my prior builds and I like the concept behind it.

#10 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 02 January 2007 - 11:11 PM

With the staff in hand and all apparent quests done just before I talk to Peltar my BHQuestAccept = 5 and after I get back to the temple it is =9. I've tried setting the bhshargrailarspawn to =0 both before and after the transition to the temple and still no spawn.

I have no proficiency with NI and very little with SK, not to mention that this is the first time I've tried to alter global variables through the console too.

Do you think that there is an easy (given my lack of experience) way to set a global and force this quest to happen? Should it be set from a particular area or does that not matter?

I would like to fix this as I never made it far enough to play out the quest in my prior builds and I like the concept behind it.

Can you attach your AR9300.bcs?

It takes a village...

#11 margrave

margrave
  • 65 posts

Posted 02 January 2007 - 11:24 PM

Here is my ar9300.bcs file. I tried opening it with NI but I've yet to get anything to work with that so I have no idea if it is stuffed or not.

Attached Files

#12 dragonian

dragonian
  • Validating
  • 503 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 09:35 AM

i don`t have him too.

#13 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 10:57 AM

i don`t have him too.

Are you using BGT102 or 102f ? I just re-installed with 102f but haven't gotten there yet. With 102 he showed up just fine.

Edited by erebusant, 03 January 2007 - 10:58 AM.

It takes a village...

#14 dragonian

dragonian
  • Validating
  • 503 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 12:15 PM

i`m using 1.02
i didin`t have the guy screaming about hot in the cave and a woman near the entrance to th temple so probeably this area is repleaced by a mod or something like that.

attached weidu.log and my area9300.bcs

Attached Files

#15 margrave

margrave
  • 65 posts

Posted 05 January 2007 - 09:53 AM

I'm using BGT 1.02 and I'm missing the same people as dragonian, I wasn't sure if they were from NEJ though since I don't have it this go around. I do have Sword Coast Stratagems this time. That is the only new mod that I can think of that may have altered AR9300 since my last build.

I'm attaching my weidu log and my AR9300.bcs is the same as my last attachment.

Attached Files

#16 Waverley

Waverley
  • 38 posts

Posted 06 January 2007 - 01:57 AM

Hi

Just come across the same problem (wouldn't have known there was one if it hadn't been for the forum)

I'm using 1.02f

The woman outside the temple is missing (she's not NeJ - she appeared last time I played)

No sign of Shaggy at all - do have Blue Dragon Staff - tried it equipped with a mage and also in <charname's> backpack

Weidu log and AR9300.bcs attached

Am using Sword Coast Strategems

Question - if I now go off and do something else (almost time for the bandit camp) and a patch is produced - is it likely (I am not asking for a guarantee ) that Shaggy would spawn next time I visit the temple after the patch has been installed?

Attached Files

#17 ronin

ronin
  • Modder
  • 2114 posts

Posted 06 January 2007 - 02:23 AM

SCS for BGT doesnt touch ar9300.

ronin

#18 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 06 January 2007 - 01:33 PM

Obviously something changes the area. I don't know half these mods that you all are installing these days. Shaggy and his mercenaries will not appear in the other locations if he didn't appear in this one. Most mods don't replace the whole area script anymore, they always add or modify what is already there. So I am not sure what is causing the problems here.

Waverly - your script looks good. Based on this, he should appear if you have the staff on you. Remember that they appear outside the "courtyard" part of the temple, so if you head out the north part, you will not see them.

Edited by Sir BillyBob, 06 January 2007 - 01:37 PM.

Tired of Bhaal? Try some classics mods instead:
Classic Adventures
Official Classic Adventures Website

#19 Waverley

Waverley
  • 38 posts

Posted 07 January 2007 - 07:50 PM

Thanks Sir Billybob, but no joy.

I have walked round the temple several times, exiting from the east door of the temple and the east door (and others - tried several times) - I have even CLUA'd in another staff - but still no sign of them.

I am assuming from the code fragment upthread that once there is a fix he will duly spawn when I return to the temple - so I'll move on for now.

Thanks for your interest in he problem

Waverley

#20 pro5

pro5
  • Modder
  • 722 posts

Posted 07 January 2007 - 09:17 PM

Can you also upload your savegame (SAVE/.../BALDUR.SAV) with this problem.

Edited by pro5, 07 January 2007 - 09:18 PM.