Two new portraits

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#1 Ilmatar

Ilmatar

is not here anymore.

• 2172 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 07:34 AM

Here we go, two portraits I recently made. I used Eliza Dushku's photo as a ref for the elven girl, and Ava Gardner's for the fighter. That one came out pretty eerie since I feel she looks like me which wasn't my intention. :blink:

Attached Images

• evilfighter2.jpg
  • halfelf.jpg

Edited by Ilmatar, 03 January 2008 - 02:51 PM.

Ilmatar's portraits for the Baldur's Gate series ¤ | ¤ | ¤ Ahem. Ilmatar =/= Ilmater. ¤ | ¤ | ¤ deviantART gallery
Grunting is a perfectly acceptable reaction to being struck with a blunt instrument. -berelinde
And, just out of curiosity, my dear, what *are* you wearing? :D - Tempest to me.

#2 Lady Lesatho

Lady Lesatho
  • 38 posts

Posted 06 March 2007 - 08:01 AM

Wow! They both look great, I especially love the hair. Hair is always such a challenge to me..

But they look great, I love the personality in the images :)
o O ( ) O o
Nathan Explosion: Price check! Clean up, Aisle Six! Rotted body landsliiiiiiiide. And don't forget our special sale on every bone broken chickennnnn! Hurry! Enjoy our tasty hammer smashed face! Uh, Aisle Three.
Pickles: By the POWER OF ALL THAT IS EVIL, I COMMAND YOU TO AWAKEN AND MAKE ME A SANDWICH!

#3 Ilmatar

Ilmatar

is not here anymore.

• 2172 posts

Posted 09 March 2007 - 09:40 AM

One new! This is a character I've had in my mind forever. Maybe someday I get something fun done out of her.

Attached Images

• gemL.jpg

Ilmatar's portraits for the Baldur's Gate series ¤ | ¤ | ¤ Ahem. Ilmatar =/= Ilmater. ¤ | ¤ | ¤ deviantART gallery
Grunting is a perfectly acceptable reaction to being struck with a blunt instrument. -berelinde
And, just out of curiosity, my dear, what *are* you wearing? :D - Tempest to me.

#4 Keldon

Keldon
  • 62 posts

Posted 09 March 2007 - 02:25 PM

One new! This is a character I've had in my mind forever. Maybe someday I get something fun done out of her.

I LOVE this portrait!
It just SCREAMS "Make me your next NPC project!!!"
She seems so full of life, so fun, so energetic, so.....alive, but with a devilishly evil side.
Simply amazing work.

Peace
Keldon

#5 Ilmatar

Ilmatar

is not here anymore.

• 2172 posts

Posted 09 March 2007 - 02:48 PM

I LOVE this portrait!
It just SCREAMS "Make me your next NPC project!!!"
She seems so full of life, so fun, so energetic, so.....alive, but with a devilishly evil side.
Simply amazing work.

Peace
Keldon

:D Thank you! Now, if I ever get to mod-making.. I admit, I have no clue about programming or anything else either, but I have some dialogues written and I will write more with time. I've been thinking not to make her a joinable NPC, since there are so many of them already. Instead, I thought of making her.. well, not to promise too much, I'll just say someone you would bump into several times during SoA and ToB, and who would provide new snappy banter, some quests and maybe even a one night stand or something. :D A mod not-to-be-taken-seriously but to give something new and refreshing to the game. I would love to see this made, but we'll see.

#6 Ilmatar

Ilmatar

is not here anymore.

• 2172 posts

Posted 11 March 2007 - 05:58 AM

Alternate Edwina portrait! If someone wants to use this, I can make the bmp's.
Edit: Added a version with hair!

Attached Images

• edwinaL.jpg
  • edwina2L.jpg

Edited by Ilmatar, 11 March 2007 - 06:22 AM.

#7 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 11 March 2007 - 06:27 AM

Would you, please?

"Imagination is given to man to console him for what he is not; a sense of humor, for what he is." - Oscar Wilde

berelinde's mods
TolkienAcrossTheWater website
TolkienAcrossTheWater Forum

#8 Ilmatar

Ilmatar

is not here anymore.

• 2172 posts

Posted 11 March 2007 - 06:51 AM

Would you, please?

Gladly! ^_^

With hair:
Large
Medium
Small

Without hair:
Large
Medium
Small

#9 Rabain

Rabain

God

• 653 posts

Posted 11 March 2007 - 09:25 AM

1. This should become the standard portrait for Edwin/Edwina change.

2. Makes me want to CLUA in the Girle of Gender Change as soon as I pick up Edwin!

3. Awesome stuff!
A knight without armour in a savage land...

#10 Ilmatar

Ilmatar

is not here anymore.

• 2172 posts

Posted 11 March 2007 - 01:08 PM

Haha! :D Thanks Rabain! Glad you approve.

#11 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 12 March 2007 - 01:05 AM

Absolutely awesome, as I said over IM :D I'm always excited to see more of your work!! :D

#12 Ilmatar

Ilmatar

is not here anymore.

• 2172 posts

Posted 12 March 2007 - 02:39 PM

The pace at which I'm making these portraits is unbelievable. :blink:

A drow, this time. He turned out pretty hot, actually, but I blame the open shirt. :D I might have plans for this man too, just like with the blue haired elf earlier in this topic. Is this portrait too dark, btw?

Attached Images

• zakL.jpg

Edited by Ilmatar, 12 March 2007 - 02:40 PM.

#13 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 12 March 2007 - 02:55 PM

The pace at which I'm making these portraits is unbelievable. :blink:

A drow, this time. He turned out pretty hot, actually, but I blame the open shirt. :D I might have plans for this man too, just like with the blue haired elf earlier in this topic. Is this portrait too dark, btw?

It might be just a tad too dark as it is now... I think that changing the shirt colour to either dark blue or dark purple would work wonders.

#14 Ilmatar

Ilmatar

is not here anymore.

• 2172 posts

Posted 12 March 2007 - 03:09 PM

Thanks Archmage! I tweaked with contrast and other things, and this is what I came up with. The change is not big, since I want him to be dark and mysterious, but it would be nice if you could make out what exactly IS in the portrait.. :D

Attached Images

• zak2L.jpg

#15 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 12 March 2007 - 03:23 PM

The latest one is better than the original, although I still have a nag about the shoulder/tree-line... it's hard to see where one ends and the other begins.

#16 Minarvia

Minarvia

Wounded Orb

• 856 posts

Posted 12 March 2007 - 06:13 PM

I LOVE him! But, imho the portrait is indeed too dark. I don't mean him, I mean he and the background are too similar in shade. I'm no artist so I don't know if "shade" is the right word to use here.

And your elf above is lovely! She looks fun and a bit devilish.

#17 Kellen

Kellen

Earn a person's heart, and they'll die a thousand deaths

• 7092 posts

Posted 12 March 2007 - 09:12 PM

I also think it's a wee bit too dark around the eyes. Just a thought.
"She could resist temptation. Really she could. Sometimes. At least when it wasn't tempting." - Calli Slythistle
"She was a fire, and I had no doubt that she had already done her share of burning." - Lord Firael Algathrin
"Most assume that all the followers of Lathander are great morning people. They're very wrong." - Tanek of Cloakwood

we are all adults playing a fantasy together, - cmorgan

#18 Galsic

Galsic

Nominal Member

• 384 posts

Posted 12 March 2007 - 11:51 PM

You did an awesome job with all those! Maybe it's just me, but the Edwina ones seem a bit more natural compared to the rest. The eyes seem a bit off, though. I realize the face may be slightly tilted to the side, but I think the left eye could still be a bit lower on there.

Ah, but I nitpick, so you needn't mind me :P . Great stuff all around!
(I like parentheses.)

#19 Ilmatar

Ilmatar

is not here anymore.

• 2172 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 08:34 AM

Okay, this same old fella again. I changed the background and added the yellow highlights. Once more, I want this portrait to be dark and mysterious and his eyes shadowed, but I'm unsure of how that works out....

Attached Images

• zak3L.jpg

Edited by Ilmatar, 13 March 2007 - 08:35 AM.

#20 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 08:45 AM

On my monitor, it is so dark that all I can see is the band of yellow and orange across the horizon, hair and eyebrows, with the suggestion of a highlight along the lip.

Sorry.

"Imagination is given to man to console him for what he is not; a sense of humor, for what he is." - Oscar Wilde

berelinde's mods
TolkienAcrossTheWater website
TolkienAcrossTheWater Forum