Photo

DM: Reneer's Guard Overhaul 1.79b

• Please log in to reply
163 replies to this topic

#61 Reneer

Reneer
  • 67 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 12:33 PM

Got latest releases of obse,reneers,Supreme magicka,ooo+uoe,mmm,streamline,oblivion patch (no SI)
tried loading reneers on latest position as well.

For some time reneers was working well, but now (in cities) i got a real bad ass bug that had me to disable it :(
When i hit someone near a guard then the whole game goes crazy.
You constantly hear the guys around you "stuttering" "STOP P STO P" and all other possible things the guards and the victim NPC can say when hit.
The npc does fight (the whole game lags very bad) but the guards do not even turn their head.
Once i have the victim killed everything goes to normal again, guards do not touch me.

Try downloading 1.62.
Posted Image
My Oblivion Mods at:
Spellhold Studios (RGO 1.67d, Corpse Mod 0.98)
Planet Elder Scrolls (RGO 1.67d, Corpse Mod 0.98)

#62 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 30 May 2007 - 07:16 AM

Small thing:
when i bribe a guard then it should not cause an alarm when it sees me doing something illegal.

#63 Konky

Konky
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 07:38 AM

Hmm and not to forget: not all guards can be bribed (at least i'd like to see it like that)

I suggest this change to make the bribe option more interesting (at this time i never used it)
* the bribe amount depends on your outfit, if you wear expensive things the guard will take more
* the bibe amount depends on the guard, a bodyguard will not so easily be bribed, as well as a castle guard is honored by it's job and more likely won't be bribed
* the bribe amount could be made like a persuasion game.
-> you get a small hint about the guard
-> you can offer 100-10,000 gold
-> the guard will now respond and depending on your stats, the guard and the amount it will like you more/less accept/go away or even hit you
* A bribed guard will definitly not attack you for some time, maybe the guard might even help you when someone attacks because of your crime ?

#64 Konky

Konky
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 09:06 AM

New version old problems.
It's again incompatible with supreme magicka.
the previous one did not have there purple spell things that hit you all the time, now it's there again

#65 Reneer

Reneer
  • 67 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 11:09 AM

Small thing:
when i bribe a guard then it should not cause an alarm when it sees me doing something illegal.

You're bribing a guard to leave his post, not ignore crimes.

New version old problems.
It's again incompatible with supreme magicka.
the previous one did not have there purple spell things that hit you all the time, now it's there again

Have you tried changing the 'Spell Compatibility' setting in the Configuration Menu?
Posted Image
My Oblivion Mods at:

#66 Konky

Konky
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 04:25 PM

About the bribe:
Normally corruption works different :-)

About the Spell compatibility: both settings show no difference.
Maybe this helps:
the bug is exactly the same it was 2 releases ago (but i think i also had Supreme magicka updated at that time)
It is a purple magic ball that tries to hit you every 2 seconds.
in tdt output combat info (i am not in combat) you see a "magic projectile tracking 1.00/3.00" message every 2 seconds together with the sound and purple effect

#67 Reneer

Reneer
  • 67 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 05:56 PM

About the bribe:
Normally corruption works different :-)

About the Spell compatibility: both settings show no difference.
Maybe this helps:
the bug is exactly the same it was 2 releases ago (but i think i also had Supreme magicka updated at that time)
It is a purple magic ball that tries to hit you every 2 seconds.
in tdt output combat info (i am not in combat) you see a "magic projectile tracking 1.00/3.00" message every 2 seconds together with the sound and purple effect

Download 1.62a, that should fix your problem.

Edit: Make that 1.62b.

Edited by Reneer, 31 May 2007 - 04:08 PM.

Posted Image
My Oblivion Mods at:

#68 Konky

Konky
  • 8 posts

Posted 02 June 2007 - 01:41 PM

I've very frequent gamecrashes with the 62a (did not try b yet)
Still with a:
I was in prison, i fighted the guards there and they did not react at all until dead (repeatable)

#69 Reneer

Reneer
  • 67 posts

Posted 02 June 2007 - 03:20 PM

I've very frequent gamecrashes with the 62a (did not try b yet)
Still with a:
I was in prison, i fighted the guards there and they did not react at all until dead (repeatable)

The gamecrashes I can't really help with, unless you give me more information.

As for the guards not attacking in prison, I just tested this and the guards were more than happy to bean my character's brains in.
Posted Image
My Oblivion Mods at:

#70 Konky

Konky
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 June 2007 - 05:51 AM

It's hard to say because i had crashes in nearly any situation and NOT reproduceable.
Example:
I make a quicksave
I "wait" 3 hours in the house of ongar in bruma.
The game crashes after the wait. (directly to desktop)

I load the game again
i wait 3 hours (same location same time) -> no crash
I go out, walk the street a while -> crash to desktop

With the disabled mod i have no crashes at all anymore

#71 Reneer

Reneer
  • 67 posts

Posted 03 June 2007 - 11:15 AM

It's hard to say because i had crashes in nearly any situation and NOT reproduceable.
Example:
I make a quicksave
I "wait" 3 hours in the house of ongar in bruma.
The game crashes after the wait. (directly to desktop)

I load the game again
i wait 3 hours (same location same time) -> no crash
I go out, walk the street a while -> crash to desktop

With the disabled mod i have no crashes at all anymore

If the crashes cannot be reproduced, then I can't really fix them.
Posted Image
My Oblivion Mods at:

#72 -angina-

-angina-

Posted 07 June 2007 - 10:08 PM

THe guards don't do anything when i attack them, apart from shout out stuff like "someone help me", an they don't fight back, and they don't arrest me until I speak to them.

I'm also having this problem. They just stand there asking saying 'What the hell are you doing' etc, while I clobber them to my hearts content.

I'm using 1.62b if that helps ?

#73 -snake-

-snake-

Posted 08 June 2007 - 09:59 AM

I also get frequent crashes.
When approaching some zones such as Wendelbek ruins, I get crashes. It works fine without RGO.
In Nerastarel House as well, I got crashes with three ghosts.
And many others, I can't really be sure of what is causing them.
But they don't happen without RGO.

Maybe this is related to MMM?
Some npc mods...

I also use Mighty Magick. I think it's similar tu Supreme Magicka and I think there are problems with this one.
Deadly Reflex may cause some conflicts with AI?

Some stats advancement mods?

I use Modular Oblivion Enhanced also. Some plugins alters the AI a bit I think.

Well so I can't say what causes the crashes, but there are crashes with RGO 1.62b.
It works perfectly without it. :wacko: It crashes frequently with it.

#74 Reneer

Reneer
  • 67 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 11:38 PM

THe guards don't do anything when i attack them, apart from shout out stuff like "someone help me", an they don't fight back, and they don't arrest me until I speak to them.

I'm also having this problem. They just stand there asking saying 'What the hell are you doing' etc, while I clobber them to my hearts content.

I'm using 1.62b if that helps ?

I don't know why this bug keeps appearing... the only recommendation I could make is to open up the Configuration Menu and see if that fixes anything. I'll take another look at the code to see if I can't divine why this error occurs.

I also get frequent crashes.
When approaching some zones such as Wendelbek ruins, I get crashes. It works fine without RGO.
In Nerastarel House as well, I got crashes with three ghosts.
And many others, I can't really be sure of what is causing them.
But they don't happen without RGO.

Maybe this is related to MMM?
Some npc mods...

I also use Mighty Magick. I think it's similar tu Supreme Magicka and I think there are problems with this one.
Deadly Reflex may cause some conflicts with AI?

Some stats advancement mods?

I use Modular Oblivion Enhanced also. Some plugins alters the AI a bit I think.

Well so I can't say what causes the crashes, but there are crashes with RGO 1.62b.
It works perfectly without it. :wacko: It crashes frequently with it.

I just went to Wendelbek ruins, ran around both inside and outside the ruins, killed some Necromancers, etc, etc, and did not get one crash. So all I can surmise is that it is not caused by my mod alone. If it can't be attributed directly to my mod, but is rather caused by either a bad interaction with another mod or another mod entirely, there isn't much I can do about it, especially if it can't be narrowed down as to which mod is causing the problem.
Posted Image
My Oblivion Mods at:

#75 -maddog77-

-maddog77-

Posted 11 June 2007 - 02:49 PM

Got latest releases of obse,reneers,Supreme magicka,ooo+uoe,mmm,streamline,oblivion patch (no SI)
tried loading reneers on latest position as well.

For some time reneers was working well, but now (in cities) i got a real bad ass bug that had me to disable it :(
When i hit someone near a guard then the whole game goes crazy.
You constantly hear the guys around you "stuttering" "STOP P STO P" and all other possible things the guards and the victim NPC can say when hit.
The npc does fight (the whole game lags very bad) but the guards do not even turn their head.
Once i have the victim killed everything goes to normal again, guards do not touch me.

Try downloading 1.62.

#76 Reneer

Reneer
  • 67 posts

Posted 12 June 2007 - 08:18 PM

*Is not sure what maddog77 is trying to say?*
Posted Image
My Oblivion Mods at:

#77 -Chayoss-

-Chayoss-

Posted 13 June 2007 - 05:54 PM

I've got the purple spell problem, but I can't fix it. I've got Supreme Magicka installed, which I presume is causing the problem. I just installed 1.62b, using a clean save in an npc-less location. However, upon loading, I found this silly pink/purple spell effect around me which I couldn't get rid of. I lost my Guard Config Overhaul Ring, received the Corpse Carry spell, but couldn't get rid of the lights. I tried disabling the mod, but that CTDs on load. I redownloaded, etc. So, is there a startquest command that I can use to get the ability to use the configuration menu, which I can't currently access?

#78 -Chayoss-

-Chayoss-

Posted 14 June 2007 - 11:48 AM

I've got the purple spell problem, but I can't fix it. I've got Supreme Magicka installed, which I presume is causing the problem. I just installed 1.62b, using a clean save in an npc-less location. However, upon loading, I found this silly pink/purple spell effect around me which I couldn't get rid of. I lost my Guard Config Overhaul Ring, received the Corpse Carry spell, but couldn't get rid of the lights. I tried disabling the mod, but that CTDs on load. I redownloaded, etc. So, is there a startquest command that I can use to get the ability to use the configuration menu, which I can't currently access?

Hmm, I fixed it somehow by reextracting the mod and renaming it to RensGuardOverhaul162b.esp. I dunno how that could have helped, but I switched seamlessly from one to the other and got the ring.
:blink:

#79 Reneer

Reneer
  • 67 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 08:11 PM

Hmm, I fixed it somehow by reextracting the mod and renaming it to RensGuardOverhaul162b.esp. I dunno how that could have helped, but I switched seamlessly from one to the other and got the ring.

Next time, all you need to do is uncheck the mod, load up a save-game, save, and then exit Oblivion. The next time you load, check the mod again and load up the save-game that does not have the mod 'installed.'

For 1.63 I will make the Configuration Ring a Quest item.
Posted Image
My Oblivion Mods at:

#80 -Chayoss-

-Chayoss-

Posted 15 June 2007 - 10:04 AM

Next time, all you need to do is uncheck the mod, load up a save-game, save, and then exit Oblivion. The next time you load, check the mod again and load up the save-game that does not have the mod 'installed.'

For 1.63 I will make the Configuration Ring a Quest item.

Yeah, I tried that. Upon disabling the mod and trying to load a game, I CTDed.