Photo

DM: Reneer's Guard Overhaul 1.79b

• Please log in to reply
163 replies to this topic

#21 Reneer

Reneer
  • 67 posts

Posted 14 May 2007 - 11:40 PM

I don't mean to bug, but what quests CTD'd? that you fixed in 1.6. I'm just being cautious here and going by the old "if it ain't broke don't fix it" adage, so I'm trying to stick with 1.5 if possible (which so far has always worked like a charm for me)

Just a side-quest quest in Bruma.
Posted Image
My Oblivion Mods at:
Spellhold Studios (RGO 1.67d, Corpse Mod 0.98)
Planet Elder Scrolls (RGO 1.67d, Corpse Mod 0.98)

#22 Konky

Konky
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 May 2007 - 11:59 PM

The release notes say "sneak bug fixed" nothing else! Oo

I have noticed a bug that makes all people in near distance yell when you steal something (they do not really see it but they yell as if they'd see it)
Is this fixed ?

#23 Konky

Konky
  • 8 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 12:41 AM

Is the bug known:
You hit a guard, you resist arrest.
You run away, jump over a fence.
you'r hit by an arrow and fall into this black world.

Now the guards normally take you to prison, less funny when they stop searching for you or can not reach you .. you will STAY in this minimal black room and your game progress is ruined.

My suggested fix:
After guards stop searching or a fixed amount of time the player should wake up again

Edited by Konky, 15 May 2007 - 01:29 AM.

#24 -Twash-

-Twash-

Posted 15 May 2007 - 01:14 AM

just a quick question... is this campatible with thieves arsenal?

no mention in the readme, and as i recall there used to be a couple of incompatiblities?

cheers for a great mod

tw

#25 wizard of thay

wizard of thay

working...meh

• 112 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 02:50 AM

I believe that Renners stuff is compatible with thieves arsenal.

just a few ideas for you to chew on reneer.

1) wearing a mythic dawn or dark brotherhood outfit and are detected could be a crime
with the mythic dawn after a certain part of the main quest
with the dark brotherhood perhaps specific guards (i.e the one that is assasinated)

2) "walking round the city with a weapon drawn, thats threatening behaviour sir, I suggest you put that away before you get a clobbering"

3) the Cheyendril guards are alleged to be corrupt with excessively high fines etc, but this doesn't see to be implemented, would this fall within the remit of the guards

4) random search's the police often conduct random stop searchs for stolen property. again could this be implemented? ok sir I saw you sneaking around there, why don't you turn out your pockets.

5) something a bit more ambitious (and stupid) a change to the guards routine.
at present it is
get up
patrol/some eat during this time
end patrol
sleep

could it be changed to
get up
parade/briefing: where they are given information concerning wanted people (i.e the PC) etc
if you commit a crime after this point there is a greater chance that the Guards will not 'know'
patrol/eat at some point
end patrol
sleep

6) Guard Captains, would it be possible to do something with them, they just seem to be glorified guards
when they could be so much more. what I don't know.
thats it for ideas so far.

Edited by wizard of thay, 15 May 2007 - 02:59 AM.

Past: BG2: SilverstarNPC Dialogue writer. Oblivion Mods: Ruined Tail,Cleon and the Legacy Beta tester
Present: Oblivion Mods: NPC's with Jobs Beta tester
Future: No idea

#26 -eikka-

-eikka-

Posted 15 May 2007 - 07:20 AM

4) random search's the police often conduct random stop searchs for stolen property. again could this be implemented? ok sir I saw you sneaking around there, why don't you turn out your pockets.

This is exactly the behaviour I'm also after. When you commit more and more crimes in a city, careless moving around should be more likely to lead to random arrest attempts. Assumption here is that the word spreads around behind your criminal back and the player should get the feeling that he's not safe in the city unless he gets rid of the bounty. That should be closer to a typical villain's daily routines: be suspicious, paranoid and vigilant to stay out of prison.

#27 -Dhamon-

-Dhamon-

Posted 15 May 2007 - 09:54 AM

the conflict with supreme magika keepd existing... I see that psychedelic purple haze around me every second, regardless of the load order

#28 -Dhamon-

-Dhamon-

Posted 15 May 2007 - 10:08 AM

uh... sorry.... i was checking the confict list when suddenly I saw "ren corpse" mod.... I though I've disabled it long time ago... but I was wrong... sorry for the mistake, I've deleted it and now it's perfect... good work, keep on

#29 -enigma-

-enigma-

Posted 15 May 2007 - 10:36 AM

Hi. I have a small problem with bribing guards. I set the bribe amount all the way down to 100 gold (I'm at the beginning and don't have a lot) but when I try to bribe a guard I get told I don't have enough gold. Anyone else had this problem ?

#30 Reneer

Reneer
  • 67 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 11:00 AM

The release notes say "sneak bug fixed" nothing else! Oo

I have noticed a bug that makes all people in near distance yell when you steal something (they do not really see it but they yell as if they'd see it)
Is this fixed ?

If it isn't fixed, download 1.61 again. I accidentally uploaded an older version of 1.6, and just fixed it now.

Is the bug known:
You hit a guard, you resist arrest.
You run away, jump over a fence.
you'r hit by an arrow and fall into this black world.

Now the guards normally take you to prison, less funny when they stop searching for you or can not reach you .. you will STAY in this minimal black room and your game progress is ruined.

My suggested fix:
After guards stop searching or a fixed amount of time the player should wake up again

Are you running 1.61? If not, then try that. If you are running 1.61, then I'll come up with a fix.

just a quick question... is this campatible with thieves arsenal?

no mention in the readme, and as i recall there used to be a couple of incompatiblities?

cheers for a great mod

tw

RGO and TA are quite compatible.

uh... sorry.... i was checking the confict list when suddenly I saw "ren corpse" mod.... I though I've disabled it long time ago... but I was wrong... sorry for the mistake, I've deleted it and now it's perfect... good work, keep on

RCM is also compatible with Supreme Magicka now as of 0.97.
Posted Image
My Oblivion Mods at:

#31 -question man-

-question man-

Posted 15 May 2007 - 01:15 PM

So last night I snuck into the fisherman's house and killed him. :ph34r:

The thing is, everytime I looted one of the barrels in his house his body would scream out "Help! Thief!" :blink:

#32 Reneer

Reneer
  • 67 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 03:50 PM

Hi. I have a small problem with bribing guards. I set the bribe amount all the way down to 100 gold (I'm at the beginning and don't have a lot) but when I try to bribe a guard I get told I don't have enough gold. Anyone else had this problem ?

I'll look into this.

So last night I snuck into the fisherman's house and killed him. :ph34r:

The thing is, everytime I looted one of the barrels in his house his body would scream out "Help! Thief!" :blink:

Download 1.61 again... that should fix it (I updated the mod earlier today.)
Posted Image
My Oblivion Mods at:

#33 --Richard--

--Richard--

Posted 15 May 2007 - 07:34 PM

Reneer, would you be able to say which quest in Bruma was fixed in 1.6? I don't know if these forums have a spoilers function like ESF does but it'd be good to know...I think I can guess (it involes a woman with a large gem around her neck right?)

cheers, and great mod!

#34 Reneer

Reneer
  • 67 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 08:53 PM

Reneer, would you be able to say which quest in Bruma was fixed in 1.6? I don't know if these forums have a spoilers function like ESF does but it'd be good to know...I think I can guess (it involes a woman with a large gem around her neck right?)

cheers, and great mod!

Wrong quest. It involves pseudo-vampires and a pseudo-vampire-slayer. :P
Posted Image
My Oblivion Mods at:

#35 --Richard--

--Richard--

Posted 16 May 2007 - 12:46 AM

[/quote]Wrong quest. It involves pseudo-vampires and a pseudo-vampire-slayer. :P
[/quote]

Ahh that one. I don't recall any problems with it on my last playthrough, but I only installed your mod (1.5 being my first version) recently so I may have already done the quest by then.

#36 -argochris-

-argochris-

Posted 16 May 2007 - 08:19 PM

I am wondering if the corpse move spell is still on Shady Sam..because if it is loaded after my plugin Shady Sam Plus (Which also alters Sam, notibly stats and level info, http://www.bethsoft....howtopic=693954 ) Sam doesn't sell the extra goodies from the extra container (??, unconfirmed but didn't sell my stuff in v1.0 of SSP).

Any words on trying compatibility by adding that spell to Jensine instead?

#37 Reneer

Reneer
  • 67 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 08:28 AM

I am wondering if the corpse move spell is still on Shady Sam..because if it is loaded after my plugin Shady Sam Plus (Which also alters Sam, notibly stats and level info, http://www.bethsoft....howtopic=693954 ) Sam doesn't sell the extra goodies from the extra container (??, unconfirmed but didn't sell my stuff in v1.0 of SSP).

Any words on trying compatibility by adding that spell to Jensine instead?

Probably not a bad idea. I'll check to see if I can't figure something out - either by adding the spell to the player directly, or having another NPC sell it.
Posted Image
My Oblivion Mods at:

#38 -enigma-

-enigma-

Posted 17 May 2007 - 01:26 PM

Something strange happened earlier. All of a sudden, out of nowhere the guard configuration menu came up so I set it up again and now I am able to bribe guards. Problem is a lot of the places I'd discovered have disappeared off the map, I no longer own the waterfront shack and my keychain has disappeared from my inventory. When I pickpocket a key it doesn't show up in my inventory at all. I've tried buying the waterfront shack again and do the normal thing of speaking to the woman at the office of commerce (?) (forget what it's actually called), she sells it to me but I don't recieve the key and the 2000 gold doesn't get debited from me. When I try to enter the shack I still get the message that the lock can't be picked and I need a key :crying: Oh, I now have two guard configuration keys in my inventory now as well.

Not sure how this happened but I'll try removing the mod, see if things improve, then re-enable it again.

#39 -Nktalloth-

-Nktalloth-

Posted 17 May 2007 - 02:45 PM

Awright, this is an odd bug, and there's very little information, but...

Both the Regional Crime setting and the disguise bounties aren't working. No matter where it is I kill someone, all towns are aware of what I've done, all guards out to get me. The disguises only change my fame and infamy (usually my infamy ends up being a massive negative number while disguises are equipped), however my bounty carries over through all disguises.

The only thing I have on what could even potentially conflict is M.O.E., but I'm not using any of the law enforcement mods included with that. Any ideas?

Oh, and it is indeed in v1.6 that I'm using.

#40 -ripple-

-ripple-

Posted 17 May 2007 - 04:01 PM

I am encountering a strange issue with 1.61. When I steal something, then leave the immediate area (eg. exit a room or a house) and go out of sneak mode, a nearby NPC will always yell as if they detected me stealing ("help! we have a burgler!", "thief!", etc.), but they won't actually do anything (but their disposition will not go down). It's like they are psychic?