Photo

DM: Reneer's Guard Overhaul 1.79b

• Please log in to reply
163 replies to this topic

#41 -Nktalloth-

-Nktalloth-

Posted 17 May 2007 - 05:27 PM

Oh, and it is indeed in v1.6 that I'm using.

Sorry, I'm a horrible liar. I meant 1.61.

#42 -gamer007-

-gamer007-

Posted 17 May 2007 - 10:41 PM

I can't seem to run Oblivion with this mod. Using version 1.61. It always crashes as soon as it loads up into the loading screen before the menu. :crying: Older versions worked for me.

List of mods:
# This file is used to tell Oblivion which data files to load.
# Use the oblivion launcher or obmm to choose which files you want.
# Please do not modify this file by hand.

# last modified by obmm: 17/05/2007 11:33 PM

Oblivion.esm
AWS-Core.esm
Francesco's Leveled Creatures-Items Mod.esm
Unofficial Oblivion Patch.esp
DLCShiveringIsles.esp
No Glow Grass.esp
ImmersiveHealthIndication.esp
Unofficial Shivering Isles Patch.esp
Oblivion Citadel Door Fix.esp
Streamline 2.1.esp
Atmospheric Loading Screens - Original Text.esp
KoldornsImprovedLava2.esp
diversegrasses.esp
personality_idles2.esp
Francesco's Optional Files 1.esp
Francesco's Optional Files 2.esp
Francesco's Optional Files 3.esp
Francesco's optional vendor tweaks.esp
Francesco's Slower skills x1.5.esp
Francesco's 10 days respawn time - 1-20 day lenght rescale.esp
Kobu's Character Advancement System.esp
RealisticForceMedium.esp
RealisticMagicForceLow.esp
Deadly Reflex 3 - Timed Block no other changes.esp
Harvest [Flora].esp
Harvest [Flora] - Shivering Isles.esp
DLCMehrunesRazor.esp
DLCMehrunesRazor - Unofficial Patch.esp
Knights.esp
Knights - Unofficial Patch.esp
AWS-ShiveringIsles.esp
AWS-Storms & Sound SI.esp

I have Martigen's Monster Mod 3.0 as well, but I uninstalled it thinking it was the cause of the CTD.

Any solutions?

#43 Reneer

Reneer
  • 67 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 10:53 PM

Awright, this is an odd bug, and there's very little information, but...

Both the Regional Crime setting and the disguise bounties aren't working. No matter where it is I kill someone, all towns are aware of what I've done, all guards out to get me. The disguises only change my fame and infamy (usually my infamy ends up being a massive negative number while disguises are equipped), however my bounty carries over through all disguises.

The only thing I have on what could even potentially conflict is M.O.E., but I'm not using any of the law enforcement mods included with that. Any ideas?

Oh, and it is indeed in v1.6 that I'm using.

No real clue what could be causing your problem - I'd suggest running the Configuration Menu (see the Readme for how to use it.)

I am encountering a strange issue with 1.61. When I steal something, then leave the immediate area (eg. exit a room or a house) and go out of sneak mode, a nearby NPC will always yell as if they detected me stealing ("help! we have a burgler!", "thief!", etc.), but they won't actually do anything (but their disposition will not go down). It's like they are psychic?

That is a bug that will be fixed in 1.62.

I can't seem to run Oblivion with this mod. Using version 1.61. It always crashes as soon as it loads up into the loading screen before the menu. :crying: Older versions worked for me.

List of mods:

# This file is used to tell Oblivion which data files to load.
# Use the oblivion launcher or obmm to choose which files you want.
# Please do not modify this file by hand.

# last modified by obmm: 17/05/2007 11:33 PM

Oblivion.esm
AWS-Core.esm
DLCShiveringIsles.esp
No Glow Grass.esp
Streamline 2.1.esp
diversegrasses.esp
personality_idles2.esp
RealisticForceMedium.esp
Harvest [Flora].esp
DLCMehrunesRazor.esp
Knights.esp
AWS-ShiveringIsles.esp
AWS-Storms & Sound SI.esp

I have Martigen's Monster Mod 3.0 as well, but I uninstalled it thinking it was the cause of the CTD.

Any solutions?

If Oblivion is crashing before it even gets to the main menu (where you select New Game / Load Save, etc.) then no. A crash like that is almost 99% likely to be something other than my mod, since no mods are running at that point.
Posted Image
My Oblivion Mods at:
Spellhold Studios (RGO 1.67d, Corpse Mod 0.98)
Planet Elder Scrolls (RGO 1.67d, Corpse Mod 0.98)

#44 -frosty satan-

-frosty satan-

Posted 17 May 2007 - 11:08 PM

I was thinking in another update you could make specific locations where the body would not be noticed by anyone, such as carrying the body and dropping it down a well, or in some of the cities theres graveyards, so put like an open grave or crypt you can drop the body in, is that even possible?

#45 -frosty satan-

-frosty satan-

Posted 17 May 2007 - 11:15 PM

I was thinking in another update you could make specific locations where the body would not be noticed by anyone, such as carrying the body and dropping it down a well, or in some of the cities theres graveyards, so put like an open grave or crypt you can drop the body in, is that even possible?

or if you own a home, you could hide the body in your basement

#46 -ripple-

-ripple-

Posted 18 May 2007 - 02:45 AM

Oblivion.esm
AWS-Core.esm
DLCShiveringIsles.esp
No Glow Grass.esp
Streamline 2.1.esp
diversegrasses.esp
personality_idles2.esp
RealisticForceMedium.esp
Harvest [Flora].esp
DLCMehrunesRazor.esp
Knights.esp
AWS-ShiveringIsles.esp
AWS-Storms & Sound SI.esp[/code]

Any solutions?

Hmm....Where is Ren's mod? I don't see it anywhere in the loading list. Changing its position in the loading order might help resolve the crash if it is conflicting with another mod (oh, and did you run the conflict detector to see if any mods are conflicting with it?). I am not sure uninstalling MMM was such a good idea. In my experience, a full reinstall is better than a simple uninstall of overhaul type mods like MMM and OOO, because they tend to leave stuff behind that end up generating instability and anomalies.

That is a bug that will be fixed in 1.62.

Ah, good to hear :)

#47 -argochris-

-argochris-

Posted 18 May 2007 - 10:27 AM

I am wondering if the corpse move spell is still on Shady Sam..because if it is loaded after my plugin Shady Sam Plus (Which also alters Sam, notibly stats and level info, http://www.bethsoft....howtopic=693954 ) Sam doesn't sell the extra goodies from the extra container (??, unconfirmed but didn't sell my stuff in v1.0 of SSP).

Any words on trying compatibility by adding that spell to Jensine instead?

Probably not a bad idea. I'll check to see if I can't figure something out - either by adding the spell to the player directly, or having another NPC sell it.

Perhaps you could add an NPC to the abandoned shack on the waterfront interior that sells it :)

Your idea of adding it when the game loads up is another idea, which would probably be the best solution.

#48 -hello-

-hello-

Posted 18 May 2007 - 10:52 AM

oi!

i assume your just generalizing the following statement since all mods are capable of this

"Though I have tested this mod in several of my own saved games, running this mod could cause your save games to be corrupted, it could crash Oblivion, etc. If it breaks your game... send me a bug report!"

thanks, this mod sounds awesome, im stupid for not checking it out before, i thought it change the guards look , damn me

#49 -dilbread made from dildough-

-dilbread made from dildough-

Posted 18 May 2007 - 11:02 AM

THe guards don't do anything when i attack them, apart from shout out stuff like "someone help me", an they don't fight back, and they don't arrest me until I speak to them.

#50 -Nktalloth-

-Nktalloth-

Posted 18 May 2007 - 02:19 PM

Yeah, that's the thing. I've tried using the ring to disable then re-enable the regional bounties, as well as just hitting enable, but in either case nothing ends up changin. I think the rest of the ring- bounty modifications, guard sight range, etc.- work fine, just something wrong with the regional bounties, bounty reduction (Doesn't go away after a while), and disguise bounties. BOunties in general, now that I think of it, don't seem to be touched by the mod.

Is there a place where I can download a previous version of the mod? Ionno what that'd do, but I'm just trying things out until a solution presents itself at this point.

Also, I have SI installed, do you think that might have something to do with it?

#51 -bugs-

-bugs-

Posted 18 May 2007 - 03:50 PM

FROM BETH FORUMS

"I really like the concept of the mod, but it seems to be very broken for me (1.61).

A single hit on a guard gives me a huge bounty - from about 1700 gold (Bruma City Watch) to as high as 3300 (Imperial Patrol just outside of Weye).

The "go to jail on low health" functionality seems to be quirky. In about 8 tests it only worked properly twice - the other times the sky would go solid black and I would be stuck in place, unable to move.

Also eventually seemed to be causing a CTD - I reached a particular location in Bruma where I would consistantly crash 30 seconds after the loading my save, that was fixed when I deactivated this mod."

#52 -Ripple-

-Ripple-

Posted 20 May 2007 - 04:06 PM

I wonder if the "go to jail on low health" feature is necessary. I think after you've accumulated a certain bounty, it would pretty much mean you've committed enough petty crimes or committed serious crimes such that the guards are licensed to bring you in "dead or alive."

I have not experienced issues with regional bounty or bounty reduction (they seem to work as intended in my game anyway), but twice now I've experienced instances where I would receive a bounty all of a sudden for no apparent reason and nearby guards would try to arrest me. After I kill the guard(s), my bounty would be reduced to 0, but then I would immediately accmulate a bounty of 40.

I am not sure if this has to do with this particular feature of the mod:

If you kill a Guard or a civilian, Guards will notice the corpse. If a Guard notices the Corpse Stench, they will investigate and have a chance of discovering who killed the victim (namely, you.) They will know about the crime and try to arrest you the next time they see you.

It if this the case, I was wondering if the game can display a global message, at least so we can verify it's not a bug.

Last, this mod shows conflict with two other mods I am using:
1) the script icon replacer boundled with Enchantment Restore Over Time OBSE
http://www.tessource...ile.php?id=9544
2) Player Hunters Fame and Infamy
http://www.tessource...ile.php?id=6536

Ren, do you know if this will generate issues? Any advice for loading orders? Thanks.

#53 Reneer

Reneer
  • 67 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 04:57 PM

Just to let everyone know, I'm working on the problems that have been listed in this thread.

And, it is pretty likely that any mods that change fame and infamy will most likely conflict with the Disguise system in RGO. Problems with icon replacers probably won't have any negative effects.
Posted Image
My Oblivion Mods at:

#54 Konky

Konky
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 02:15 PM

The idea behind the mod is great, it changes the guards to exactly what they should be in an open world like oblivion.
But i came to the conclusion that this mod will most probably not make it stable :/
You got way too many problems to find them all inr easonable time i think, and oblivion does as good as nothing in helping to debug crashes.

While a lot of things are acceptable (the black world when guards do not find you, some broken quests like the one with the corrupt guard which does not have the correct dialogues anymore, etc).
But the crashes not, also i've had plenty of corrupt savegames and hundrets of CTD
It crashes when i reach wrong parts of the world at the wrong time.
It crashes when i try to start the first thieves guild quest (only when i save -> corruption)
It generally corrupts every 50nth savegame (and i save a lot since the frequent corruptions ^^)

I finally removed the mod from my game again and went back to no psychic guards.

One thing that i'd really like to see, but hey i'm just a guy from the "street" ^^
I'd like to see a new mod from you, created from scratch which adds the most minimal version of the current mod.
The main features in my eyes is: guards are not telepathic, with all consequences
They do not know about crimes they did not see, they do not have internet to comunicate through cities.

Maybe split up your mod in 10 or more small parts that can be enabled as option, this would also help to narrow problems down.

#55 Reneer

Reneer
  • 67 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 05:52 PM

The idea behind the mod is great, it changes the guards to exactly what they should be in an open world like oblivion.
But i came to the conclusion that this mod will most probably not make it stable :/
You got way too many problems to find them all inr easonable time i think, and oblivion does as good as nothing in helping to debug crashes.

While a lot of things are acceptable (the black world when guards do not find you, some broken quests like the one with the corrupt guard which does not have the correct dialogues anymore, etc).
But the crashes not, also i've had plenty of corrupt savegames and hundrets of CTD
It crashes when i try to start the first thieves guild quest (only when i save -> corruption)
It generally corrupts every 50nth savegame (and i save a lot since the frequent corruptions ^^)

I finally removed the mod from my game again and went back to no psychic guards.

One thing that i'd really like to see, but hey i'm just a guy from the "street" ^^
I'd like to see a new mod from you, created from scratch which adds the most minimal version of the current mod.
The main features in my eyes is: guards are not telepathic, with all consequences
They do not know about crimes they did not see, they do not have internet to comunicate through cities.

Maybe split up your mod in 10 or more small parts that can be enabled as option, this would also help to narrow problems down.

The problem with that plan is that that is essentially all the mod does, aside from the various Easter eggs and the Disguises system. I also doubt the CTDs are caused exclusively by my mod, as well. I've started numerous new games while running the mod, and it is a very rare occurrence for me to get a CTD while playing.

Edited by Reneer, 21 May 2007 - 05:55 PM.

Posted Image
My Oblivion Mods at:

#56 -ripple-

-ripple-

Posted 21 May 2007 - 06:51 PM

I remember when the game first came out over a year ago, and there are numerous complaints about the vanilla guard system beyond simply the fact that they were omnipotent (scaling), telepathic, and moved at the speed of light to crime scenes. For one thing, killing a guard guaranteed a bounty even if there are no witnesses, as if they were telepathically connected to a "guard-hive." I posted a request to remedy this, but I was basically told (at the time) that the guard system would be extremely difficult to tackle.

Things have changed since, some of the issues have indeed been remedied. No Psychic Guard was the first to attempt to tackle these issues, followed by 2 Regional Bounty mods. But quite frankly, I was still extremely dissatisfied with the existing mods on guards, because they persistently navigate around the difficult aspects of the system. Naturally, this mod, which is far more ambitious than the previous two, will require more work and play-testing support from players.

You do not need to do this, because they do not conflict.

I think I kind of lean towards this as well. So let's summarize on what you feel would be the "fundamentals":

- no psychic guards
- no telepathic guards (killing guards will not generate bounties if there are no surviving witnesses)
- regional bounty
- bounty decrease over time

That leaves two other features which you would prefer to see as optional plugins:
- carry corpse
- crime scene examinations

#57 -IAmTheRad-

-IAmTheRad-

Posted 23 May 2007 - 11:53 PM

I'm leaning towards the option of having corpse carry as well as crime scene investigation as seperate parts of the mod. If I kill someone in the street, I'd rather the guard not think about who did it (because how would they know I did it, without them seeing me? That's just psychic guards right there)

I don't like crime scene investigation nor corpse carrying. A good murderer never needs to carry a corpse

#58 Reneer

Reneer
  • 67 posts

Posted 27 May 2007 - 11:28 AM

I'm probably going to be taking the crime-scene investigation features out of the mod in 1.62. However, the corpse carry spell will stay in.
Posted Image
My Oblivion Mods at:

#59 Invader13

Invader13
  • 52 posts

Posted 28 May 2007 - 11:30 AM

Now I still haven't found that surprise in the mod. :whistling: That you told me about on the Official Forums.

Edited by Invader13, 28 May 2007 - 11:32 AM.

#60 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 29 May 2007 - 06:55 AM

Got latest releases of obse,reneers,Supreme magicka,ooo+uoe,mmm,streamline,oblivion patch (no SI)
tried loading reneers on latest position as well.

For some time reneers was working well, but now (in cities) i got a real bad ass bug that had me to disable it :(
When i hit someone near a guard then the whole game goes crazy.
You constantly hear the guys around you "stuttering" "STOP P STO P" and all other possible things the guards and the victim NPC can say when hit.
The npc does fight (the whole game lags very bad) but the guards do not even turn their head.
Once i have the victim killed everything goes to normal again, guards do not touch me.