#1 Salk

Salk
  • Modder
  • 1411 posts

Donator

Posted 12 November 2007 - 06:50 AM

Hello, Ascension64.

I'd like to report a minor issue.

In the Candlekeep's Inn, when I take the stairs up , instead of just standing by the stairs, I come to the adjacent room to their right.

Edited by Salk, 12 November 2007 - 06:52 AM.

#2 Salk

Salk
  • Modder
  • 1411 posts

Donator

Posted 12 November 2007 - 09:06 AM

One more thing: has BGT 1.05 changed the items found on Gorion's body somehow? I do seem to remember that before, I used to find, among the others a scroll of Mage Armor and maybe one scroll of Shield. Now what I find is two scrolls of Magic Missile and two scrolls of Larloch's Minor Drain. (UPDATE: I checked the original Baldur's Gate Gorion's Inventory and it is correct the way it is now in BGT 1.05. Probably the other scrolls found in the versions up to 1.04 was added material).

By the way, it's no good to have BGT remove the headers [] when importing a customized dialog.tlk as I have experimented with it and noticed that it'd screw up the impagination of the first decorated big letter in certain cases. So, keep it as it is now and sorry for the bother. ^_^

Edited by Salk, 12 November 2007 - 09:29 AM.

#3 ScuD

ScuD
  • 492 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 12:26 PM

In the original BG1 Gorion has 1 Potion of Healing, 1 Scroll of Magic Missile, 1 Scroll of Larloch's Minor Drain. In BG2 GORION.CRE has the same items. It is BG2 Fixpack that duplicates them. The items appear both in the quick item slots and inventory. I've just checked in fresh installations - CamDawg really needs to take a look at this...

#4 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 12:09 AM

In the original BG1 Gorion has 1 Potion of Healing, 1 Scroll of Magic Missile, 1 Scroll of Larloch's Minor Drain. In BG2 GORION.CRE has the same items. It is BG2 Fixpack that duplicates them. The items appear both in the quick item slots and inventory. I've just checked in fresh installations - CamDawg really needs to take a look at this...

I don't get it. The BG2 Fixpack changes a BG1 CRE? Or does BGT do it by touching the same CRE vs. alternate CREs (e.g. gorion.cre vs. bggorion.cre)?

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#5 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 12:27 AM

In the Candlekeep's Inn, when I take the stairs up , instead of just standing by the stairs, I come to the adjacent room to their right.

Doesn't happen for me.

One more thing: has BGT 1.05 changed the items found on Gorion's body somehow? I do seem to remember that before, I used to find, among the others a scroll of Mage Armor and maybe one scroll of Shield. Now what I find is two scrolls of Magic Missile and two scrolls of Larloch's Minor Drain. (UPDATE: I checked the original Baldur's Gate Gorion's Inventory and it is correct the way it is now in BGT 1.05. Probably the other scrolls found in the versions up to 1.04 was added material).

I don't get you guys at all. Gorion drops jack when he dies (gold, Gorion's Note, dagger). Everything else you find are random treasure from the ogres.

By the way, it's no good to have BGT remove the headers [] when importing a customized dialog.tlk as I have experimented with it and noticed that it'd screw up the impagination of the first decorated big letter in certain cases. So, keep it as it is now and sorry for the bother. ^_^

You confuse me here. Are you saying it is better for BGT to remove the headers [] or not remove the headers?

Edited by Ascension64, 14 November 2007 - 12:28 AM.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#6 Salk

Salk
  • Modder
  • 1411 posts

Donator

Posted 14 November 2007 - 02:32 AM

Hello Ascension64!

I start from the bottom: it's better to NOT remove the headers (that is, to keep things like they are now).

About the minor bug in the Inn of Candlekeep, it happens only at times, not always. Don't bother.

Instead about the objects found on Gorion's body, I have always found also some scrolls of wizard spells every time I played the game (now I can't remember if the scrolls are always identical or not but ScuD above seem to have found the same stuff I did). The random treasure on the ogres' bodies is another matter.

#7 ScuD

ScuD
  • 492 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 02:42 AM

I don't get it. The BG2 Fixpack changes a BG1 CRE? Or does BGT do it by touching the same CRE vs. alternate CREs (e.g. gorion.cre vs. bggorion.cre)?

I do not see BGGORION.CRE anywhere in my installation and BGT scripts, but GORION.CRE exists in both BG1 and BG2 installs. After installing fresh BGII I've installed the fixpack, then wrote CLUAConsole:CreateCreature("GORION") in the Irenicus Dungeon. Gorion appeared. Killing him by Ctrl+Y resulted with the same treasure like in BGT (2 potions, 2 scrolls of missiles, 2 minor drains).
I suspect BGT uses this already "fixed" version of GORION.CRE.
I have Baldur's Gate: The Original Saga, BGII with ToB patched to 2.5.26498 both English versions.

#8 Chevalier

Chevalier

Knight of the Realms

• Modder
  • 2405 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 02:48 AM

I too get 4 scrolls on Gorion's body always 2 pairs of the same scrolls. I also get 2 gem pouches (same pouch i.e. put a gem in one pouch and take the same gem out of the other pouch) and 1 potion case (I think these are from 'Bags of the Sword Coast'). Oh and this is with BGT v1.04

I Ride for the King!

a.k.a. Chev

#9 ScuD

ScuD
  • 492 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 02:59 AM

One small update - I've always had this problem with any version of BGT. I also have reported it some time ago.

#10 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 03:12 AM

I start from the bottom: it's better to NOT remove the headers (that is, to keep things like they are now).

That's where I am confused. The current version of BGT REMOVES THE HEADERS.

Instead about the objects found on Gorion's body, I have always found also some scrolls of wizard spells every time I played the game (now I can't remember if the scrolls are always identical or not but ScuD above seem to have found the same stuff I did). The random treasure on the ogres' bodies is another matter.

Yes, the existing version of GORION.CRE is used, which means that different releases of BG2:SoA must differ, just like BG1 5CD+TotSC vs. BG:TOS. So, in the BG2 SoA 4CD+ToB CD version, Gorion drops jack. In BG:TOS, the same thing. What versions of each have you got?

Edited by Ascension64, 14 November 2007 - 03:13 AM.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#11 Salk

Salk
  • Modder
  • 1411 posts

Donator

Posted 14 November 2007 - 04:36 AM

Oh how dumb can a person be?!?!?!

Sorry for all this, Ascension64! I just meant to say that it's good to have BGT remove the headers! I wish I had an excuse to justify the mess I make but I haven't... :crying:

And by the way, I have installed the most recently republished version of the game: 4-in-1 box set.

It includes 1 DVD for Baldur's Gate, 1 CD for Tales of the Sword Coast, 1 DVD for Shadows of Amn and 1 CD for Throne of Bhaal.

#12 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 08:08 PM

Yes, the existing version of GORION.CRE is used, which means that different releases of BG2:SoA must differ, just like BG1 5CD+TotSC vs. BG:TOS. So, in the BG2 SoA 4CD+ToB CD version, Gorion drops jack. In BG:TOS, the same thing. What versions of each have you got?

Maybe I'm being stupid, but shouldn't you be renaming the Gorion CRE for either BG1 or BG2, just like you do for bgxan, bgneb and the other CREs that appear in both games? I have ToS and ToB and I don't have a testing machine right now, but I'm pretty sure I've seen scrolls on Gorion beyond the letter. I'm also pretty sure mods give him stuff (possibly Lost Items for one), yet another reason not to use the same CRE in both sagas. The stuff Chev describes I'm almost positive comes from Lost Items (though maybe this "Bags of the Sword Coast" does the same thing).

Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#13 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 09:01 PM

Gorion needn't be renamed because his CRE isn't used in BG2.

--------------
Retired Modder

#14 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 15 November 2007 - 01:51 AM

Well, no one's posted their WeiDU log for this issue yet? I'll try to preempt it and say that if you've got entries for:
~SETUP-BGTTWEAK.TP2~ #0 #10 // Bags of the Sword Coast
~SETUP-LOSTITEMS.TP2~ #0 #0 // Lost Items
Then I'd say there may be some duplication of items on Gorion going on. I'll even put money on it.*

*And if I'm wrong, it was orcish money, laundered heavily, and you can't trace its source anyway, even if it was good anywhere.

(WTF is "Bags of the Sword Coast" anyway and where did it come from, aside from a rather obvious and suspicious guess?)

#15 ScuD

ScuD
  • 492 posts

Posted 15 November 2007 - 04:53 AM

My WeiDU.log is available here.
But the bug has nothing to do with it - I have already described the situation with CLEAN BGII/ToB install and fixpack.

Edited by ScuD, 15 November 2007 - 04:54 AM.

#16 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 15 November 2007 - 09:55 PM

(WTF is "Bags of the Sword Coast" anyway and where did it come from, aside from a rather obvious and suspicious guess?)

:lol: Adds containers to BG1. No, it most certainly won't do anything to Gorion.

--------------
Retired Modder

#17 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 16 November 2007 - 07:16 AM

Adds containers to BG1. No, it most certainly won't do anything to Gorion.

Is there documentation on what it adds where (like you described for Lost Items)? Since it seems specific to BGT Tweaks, I can't really check it out on my install. Feel free to post it in the PPG thread or elsewhere - I just want to make sure there's no duplication of resources.

Lost Items v2 added the potion case and gem pouch to Gorion, but I'm not sure how he gets 2 of the latter. He also gets a scroll case and a scroll (but I'm still not sure how he gets any magic scrolls in the vanilla game).

#18 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 16 November 2007 - 11:12 AM

That's where I am confused. The current version of BGT REMOVES THE HEADERS.

I too have always gotten 2 Heal Potions, 2 Magic Missile scrolls, and 2 Larloch's Minor Drain scrolls using TotSC:Original Saga + 4CD BGII-SoA + 1 CD ToB expansion.

It takes a village...

#19 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 01:06 AM

Here is a screenie of the behaviour in my version of BG:TOS. This behaviour is identical in my BGT. I think I am going to leave this as a WYSIWYG feature, since you can get all sort of weird and wonderful things from Gorion's 'enchanted' cadaver.

[attachment=9027:Baldr000.JPG]

--------------
Retired Modder

#20 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 03:13 AM

I think we've established that the scrolls get restored by the BG2 Fixpack, something that'll be removed from the next release. They are in fact on Gorion's CRE by default, they're just not assigned to any inventory slots so they get purged on load normally.

The question though is how people are getting 2 of them. The Fixpack alone should give you just one of each. I suspect some sort of BP-type mod is doing the same fix, hence the duplication. I'm going to offer this (restore unassigned items) as an OBC for the BG1 Fixpack - hopefully we can put in some sort of check that the items haven't already been assigned.

As for gem bags, scroll cases, etc., that is either Lost Items or BGT Tweaks Bags of the Sword Coast, and possibly some duplication between those too (I still haven't seen any documentation for the latter, so I can't say for sure).