Portraits, again! Movie buffs needed!

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#21 Amaurea

Amaurea

Thread Killer Extraordinaire

• 409 posts

Posted 30 November 2007 - 09:12 AM

Oh yeah, robes do make things much easier, and are sooooo much easier to paint from scratch if need be, which is a good thing, considering that I might be getting Xan from The Matrix!

#22 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 30 November 2007 - 01:23 PM

(Kulyok suddenly looks very interested).

#23 Choo Choo

Choo Choo

AIR CONDITIONER GRILL

• Modder
  • 3001 posts

Posted 30 November 2007 - 01:33 PM

Seconded. :rolleyes:

theacefes: You have to be realistic as well, you can't just be Swedish!

#24 Amaurea

Amaurea

• 409 posts

Posted 30 November 2007 - 07:12 PM

Seconded. :rolleyes:

Well, a while ago I came across this one picture of Keanu that's particularly Xan-like, but it's not a definite... I'd like to find a less recognizable actor if I could.

Thanks to Ilmatar for suggesting Robin Hood, here's Harry Lloyd (Will Scarlett in the BBC series) as Coran, with and without his warpaint...

Coran Without Warpaint
Coran With Warpaint

#25 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 01 December 2007 - 05:14 AM

I can really see Tiax in the upper right dude.

And Montaron with the flask.

Here's another picture of the guy in the upper left. Dun't he look a bit like Quayle?
Posted ImagePosted Image

Nice work on the new stuff, Amaurea. Though Coran's hair looks a little too... hmm... spongy?

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#26 Amaurea

Amaurea

• 409 posts

Posted 01 December 2007 - 06:46 AM

Yeah, I've gotta work on that curly hair thing yet. I can always redo.

I am stumped on Dynaheir. Any ideas anyone?

#27 Choo Choo

Choo Choo

AIR CONDITIONER GRILL

• Modder
  • 3001 posts

Posted 01 December 2007 - 12:13 PM

The only one I can think of is that witch/goddess/whatever in Pirates of the Caribbean, but please, don't pick her.

theacefes: You have to be realistic as well, you can't just be Swedish!

#28 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 01 December 2007 - 01:02 PM

What about the super freak Grace Jones http://www.cegtalent.../1698916869.jpg

#29 Leila

Leila
  • 146 posts

Posted 01 December 2007 - 01:25 PM

Coran and Cernd look so nice.
For some reason, Rosie Cotton as Alora bugs me. I guess because I always imagined Alora as being around 15 or so in human years, and Rosie looks around 30. Hmm.

Grace Jones would be very good for Dynaheir.

#30 Amaurea

Amaurea

• 409 posts

Posted 01 December 2007 - 01:58 PM

Do you have any other ideas for Alora from a movie character, Leila? I'm not happy with that particular picture anyway, the starting image quality was pitiful. I'm always open to suggestions! Since I've never played a few of the BG1 characters, I need the most help in that area.

I'm glad you like Coran and Cernd! I did Coran's new hair today, I hope he doesn't look like Coran Spongehair anymore.

Thanks for the Grace Jones inspiration! I found this picture of her from A View to a Kill, and I think her costuming could do nicely with some minor alterations. I'd like to keep with the movie theme, so if anyone has ideas of her from a different role with good costuming, please let me know!

Here's the pic I found...

Posted Image

Cropped, I think her outfit could pass for mage robes.

#31 Leila

Leila
  • 146 posts

Posted 01 December 2007 - 04:11 PM

Image27.png

She's not from a period film, but she is from a mini-series that played at one point called Kidnapped, set in 1760's Scotland...Kirstin Coulter Smith. With some feature alterations I think she would make a very adorable Alora. :wub:

#32 Amaurea

Amaurea

• 409 posts

Posted 01 December 2007 - 04:19 PM

She's adorable, thanks!

Tv shows count, too. :cheers:

#33 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 01 December 2007 - 06:16 PM

I did Coran's new hair today, I hope he doesn't look like Coran Spongehair anymore.

Yes, much better :).

I'm not sure I like Grace Jones as Dynaheir. She would make a great fighter or F/T character though, like she was in Conan the Destroyer.

I was thinking maybe Halle Berry with long hair. She's been portraitised before (by the Portrait Portal) but there are pictures where she looks completely different, and the way yours end up, they don't look a whole lot like the original actors anyway (which is good).
Posted Image
Here's another of her that might work even better. I also thought possibly Tina Turner in Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome, but she would also be more appropriate for a fighter character.
Posted Image
Another possibility is Kristen Wilson if you can get a decent photo of her. Maybe like this one without her hand in the way. She played more of an elf archer character in the Dungeons & Dragons movie, but with the robe, she could pass for a mage.
Posted Image

Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#34 Amaurea

Amaurea

• 409 posts

Posted 01 December 2007 - 06:36 PM

I think I found a good one for Dynaheir... this is from Eragon...

Dynaheir prospect

I lucked out and found a great site, Fantasy Film Scapes, that has a data base of various fantasy movies, including links to photo galleries for them. It's a fun browse. I think I might even redo Ajantis after seeing another pic from Eragon whilst browsing around. The really fun thing is seeing all the variations in costuming.

It's funny, I had thought of Tina Turner as well, but I couldn't find a decent quality image. I also had thought of Halle, but I think I'd like to use her as Storm for Viconia. Hey, the hair's right!

I could always use Grace when I do portraits for the PC. I'm going to do those after "casting" the joinable NPC's, so any and all ideas will most likely be used in some way or another!

Edited by Amaurea, 01 December 2007 - 06:39 PM.

#35 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 02 December 2007 - 12:16 AM

I think I found a good one for Dynaheir... this is from Eragon...
Dynaheir prospect

Yeah, I dunno... it would make a good mage portrait, but I've always pictured Dynaheir as more of a hottie. She is one of the few romanceable females in BG1NPC after all (yeah, call me shallow...).

#36 Amaurea

Amaurea

• 409 posts

Posted 02 December 2007 - 03:42 AM

:lol: I'm that way about Anomen portraits, so I understand. I'm going to give her a go and see what I can do during editing. If nothing else, she could be an alternate.

#37 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 02 December 2007 - 08:04 AM

Here's another couple more of Kristen Wilson that might work. Though the second one might make a better half-elf ranger or the like, unless you mod her hair and armour. There's also a dwarf (played by Lee Arenberg) in the same movie, might make a good Kagain.
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#38 Amaurea

Amaurea

• 409 posts

Posted 02 December 2007 - 08:09 AM

Oh, that first one is perfect! Where are you finding these?

I agree that Lee Arenberg is perfect for Kagain. Thanks!

#39 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 02 December 2007 - 08:19 AM

I cropped out some frames from the movie itself with Topaz Moment (it's has some glitches but it's one of the few tools I've found that works for this sort of thing).

#40 Amaurea

Amaurea

• 409 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 05:22 PM

After a bit of a break while helping a family member move...

I hope you like who I finally settled on for Dynaheir, Miloch. Some future fantasy costuming works really well. I think the somewhat rustic look from Firefly is perfect, and since you can't see the whole outfit, who's to say what time period it's from?

Gina Torres as Dynaheir