27 replies to this topic

#21 Salk

Salk
  • Modder
  • 1411 posts

Donator

Posted 18 December 2007 - 09:56 PM

I reported this issue as well here.

I don't know why this happens but I guess it might be that halflings share dialogue like you said.

Edited by Salk, 18 December 2007 - 09:59 PM.

#22 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 19 December 2007 - 01:16 PM

I noticed something else upon entering Gullykin, this is really minor though. This applies to Farthendell, one of the halflings in AR9908 (basement of 2nd to last house on the right). She greets me for the first time as if she has already met me, saying: Again we meet. I do so enjoy our little chats. Just wondering if some dialogue should have preceded it. Do all Halflings share dialogues?

There are two halfling women in the main Gullykin area (AR4000/9900) and one in the basement of the house you mention. They all share the same dialogue (halffg). Which is kind of stupid, given the complexity of the dialogue and the fact they can't all be the same person. However, in my install, they're just called "Halfling Female" - where do you get Farthendell from?

Dudleyfix describes this error (toward the bottom of the page) for one of the Halfling Man CREs (halfg3), though it might also apply to the halfling women. He also fixes a bunch of other dialogue issues, which I suppose should make it in the BG1 Fixpack and/or BGT.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#23 manwe858

manwe858
  • 139 posts

Posted 19 December 2007 - 01:39 PM

There are two halfling women in the main Gullykin area (AR4000/9900) and one in the basement of the house you mention. They all share the same dialogue (halffg). Which is kind of stupid, given the complexity of the dialogue and the fact they can't all be the same person. However, in my install, they're just called "Halfling Female" - where do you get Farthendell from?

Dudleyfix describes this error (toward the bottom of the page) for one of the Halfling Man CREs (halfg3), though it might also apply to the halfling women. He also fixes a bunch of other dialogue issues, which I suppose should make it in the BG1 Fixpack and/or BGT.

Oops my mistake. It's actually the same male that uses halfg3.cre. Here's my halfg3.cre file. I think it's a creature in BG1UB4BGT. There's a line under Creature Name Restorations in setup-bg1ub.tp2 that reads:

COPY_EXISTING HALFG3.CRE OVERRIDE // AR4008
SAY NAME1 @33
SAY NAME2 @33
SAY 0x198 #13413
SAY 0x19c #13411
SAY 0x1a0 #13412
BUT_ONLY_IF_IT_CHANGES

Hope that helps,
Manwe858

#24 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 19 December 2007 - 02:01 PM

I see. Well if UB is restoring unique names to the halflings, maybe it should "restore" unique dialogue to them also. Though this particular halfling is unique, I think.

From a fixpack standpoint, we will at least be doing what Dudley describes:

Halfling Man, AR4008 - has incorrectly prioritised dialogue so that he greets you with "Again we meet..." rather than his opening speech even though you have never met him.
Change the trigger value in [State 0] from 4 to 1, this can be done easily in the Item Checker utility.
Ensure the StateCheck trigger is value 0.

It's probably not worth changing in your own game, but I'll post it in the BG1 Fixroom and we will probably have a patch soon enough. (And when I say "we," I mean plainab.)

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#25 aVENGER

aVENGER
  • Modder
  • 1680 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 03:16 AM

So far I've come up with a fairly stable install that fit these requirements. However, I'd like feedback on any mods I should exclude or include so that it better meets these criteria. I have attached my WeiDU log and installation notes for reference.

You should install Song and Silence before Rogue Rebalancing if you want to get the proper benefits of both mods.

#26 manwe858

manwe858
  • 139 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 08:34 AM

You should install Song and Silence before Rogue Rebalancing if you want to get the proper benefits of both mods.

I think I did, the ones that I thought were going to be affected by it anyways. I decided to install kits last so I could easily uninstall them without the possibility of potential bugs (I know theoretically there should be none). Are the kits also affected by RR then?

Here's that section:
~SETUP-SONG_AND_SILENCE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Changes to trueclass bards and thieves, and unmodded game kits (required for other components)
~SETUP-SONG_AND_SILENCE.TP2~ #0 #1 // Add new bardic store and thief items
(Tactics stuff)
~SETUP-TACTICS.TP2~ #0 #0 //
~
~
~
~
(Tactics stuff)
~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #0 // Proper dual-wielding implementation for Thieves and Bards
~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #1 // Thief kit revisions
~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #2 // Bard kit revisions
~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #4 // Proper spell progression for Bards
~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #5 // Additional equipment for Thieves and Bards
~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #6 // Revised Thievery
~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #7 // Chosen of Cyric encounter

Great mod by the way. I haven't gotten to that part of the game yet, but I'll leave feedback when I do. From what I've read so far I'm sure it'll be positive too.

:cheers:,
Manwe858

#27 aVENGER

aVENGER
  • Modder
  • 1680 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 08:59 AM

Are the kits also affected by RR then?

Only the HLA selection of the Bard kits, but I don't think this will present much of a problem in your install since you're using Refinements to handle that. OTOH, it's very important to install the first component of Song and Silence (the one which affects the default Thief and Bard kits) before Rogue Rebalancing as you've properly done. Otherwise, several issues can occur such as Blades will not receiving their new abilities from RR and Swashbucklers having an incorrect kit description for example.

Great mod by the way. I haven't gotten to that part of the game yet, but I'll leave feedback when I do. From what I've read so far I'm sure it'll be positive too.

Heh, thanks. :) Once you're done, feel free to write a few lines or even a full fledged review here if you'd like. Also, if you have any trouble with the tactical components of Rogue Rebalancing (difficulty wise) make sure to consult the accompanying documentation.

#28 manwe858

manwe858
  • 139 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 12:00 PM

New install

Check the Topic (1st) post.

Well, that seems to be about all I'm going to be able to do with BGT now. School's starting back up so I won't be active for a long while now. Thanks for all the help on improving my gaming experience with BGT. Good luck with all the bugs and compatibility issues that arise from sooo many mods and modders. Have fun while you're at it. Hasta la vista, sayonara, au revoir, good bye, zai jian, and more butcherings of languages!

Xie Xie,
Manwe858

Edited by manwe858, 21 December 2007 - 10:42 AM.