Bug Report for 0.45

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#1 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 27 December 2007 - 07:48 AM

Since 0.45 doesn't really add new material, most of the bugs here should be those that I never got to in the past versions (I hope).

However, some new content was added, so it is very possible that I have therefore added some new ones. Issues to look for:

Priest spells from TDD, IWD, etc have been renamed so they shouldn't appear in your known spellbook now. Instead, you will have to find their scrolls and memorize them like a mage does. Most scrolls don't exist yet or don't have the ability to learn from them. So this needs to be updated in future releases. You will find that most of the NPC clerics do still have their additional spells.

New map of Mistmoor manor and Selgaunt bridge. The bridge adds several new homes. It is therefore possible that a travel region doesn't work and you may get a CTD. Please let us know.

New Worldmap should work fine. Of course you have to start over to see correctly. Since the map is larger, using a saved game in 0.45 may show all the icons in the wrong spot. Therefore, if you are going to install 0.45 (on a fresh install of SoA/ToB of course!), you need to start over.

Speaking of starting over, you can now enter the Ravine and Silver Princess areas of the map. You can even go back and forth between them if you wish. However, Chaarna will not go into the Ravine and she holds the wardstone for the Silver Princess (and she will take it back from you). So...you can do some of either mod but you will not be able to complete both without serious cheating. This is deliberate by us. If you increase your levels too much here, Saltmarsh and other areas will be too easy to complete.

That should be it for now. Enjoy and post any problems you experience. Yes, some old bugs are still here, I just haven't gotten to them or they got lost in the pile of topics here. Please repost it here if you see I didn't fix something.

Tired of Bhaal? Try some classics mods instead:
Classic Adventures
Official Classic Adventures Website

#2 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 28 December 2007 - 06:20 AM

Here is a screenshot that gives a clue:
Posted Image
No, not the monster/main_char, but what he says to Candella. So, where is the Copper Coronet, isn't that in Athkatla! :unsure:
Infact I kicked Candella out, and she is already gone, when I tooked that screenshot.

When I kicked Aleigha out, she comes and asks whether I want to leave her there and if I say yes, she stands there for a few seconds and come back to ask again.
And when I kicked Catharandamus out, he doen't do a thing!

Aleigha 's sword is beautiful, alhought if I take it from her, she can't use it anymore(it's backround is red, restricted). And wasn't she supposed to be a Town Hero(kitted ranger) not a normal ranger.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 28 December 2007 - 07:11 AM.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#3 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 28 December 2007 - 06:27 AM

Very interesting. The game actually has a default dialog file for people who are pulled out of a party and don't have a valid "P" dialog file. The game default file tells the person to go to the Copper Coronet. So in this case, if Candella is who you killed out, it looks like her "P" file didn't work correctly. The file exists, so I need to see why she didn't use it.

Now, from what I see, it looks like you added a monster to the party, and then separated out the monster. If so, this is the correct dialog. But...I should update the game's default dialog to match this world, and not BGII's world.

Classic Adventures

#4 Dr.Shaman

Dr.Shaman
  • 38 posts

Posted 28 December 2007 - 09:35 AM

Speaking of starting over, you can now enter the Ravine and Silver Princess areas of the map. You can even go back and forth between them if you wish. However, Chaarna will not go into the Ravine and she holds the wardstone for the Silver Princess (and she will take it back from you). So...you can do some of either mod but you will not be able to complete both without serious cheating. This is deliberate by us. If you increase your levels too much here, Saltmarsh and other areas will be too easy to complete.

It’s still possible to do booth it seems, even easy. :whistling:
I talked to Chaarna first, than mayor. Visited first area of the Ravine (exterior) to make it possible to travel there from any map transition, then did whole Silver Princess and return to Ravine without Chaarna. Now I have to finish Ravine, and then return to Oakhurst with booth of them done. :)

#5 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 28 December 2007 - 05:16 PM

Yes, that is the only order to doing them both. The other way around is blocked by her wardstone. I don't have anything like that to stop the Citadel mod right now. The only catch to your path is that Oakhurst is sacked when you return from the Silver Princess. So deciding to go do the Citadel isn't exactly "role-playing" but it of course can be done.

Classic Adventures

#6 Lysan Lurraxol

Lysan Lurraxol
  • Modder
  • 899 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 04:33 AM

I've noticed the Aleigha and Candella repeat leaving dialogs as well ( i had to use flesh to stone on Candella :crying: )

I remember that you had a lot of problems with the Cath/Aleigha fight in the Palace. It worked fine for me, so I assume you got it fixed :cheers:

The new maps look lovely BTW

Longing for the old pen and paper modules of the 70?s and 80?s. Experience AD&D?s greatest adventures using the infinity engine: Classic Adventures Visit our homepage at Classic Adventures Homepage

#7 Lysan Lurraxol

Lysan Lurraxol
  • Modder
  • 899 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 04:59 AM

I've just hit quite a few bugs :wacko:

First off, the mirror in Mistmoor Manor didn't work for me, after speaking to the viscount. I used the console ,and got into the vault, and the mirror didn't work from that side either. i could click on the mirror but nothing happened.

Then, after finishing the Mistmoor quest, Ril went off to his manor, but then tried to join the party as soon as I went into his house for my reward. Also, when Ril rejoins, he gets a stutter bug.

After Blush' leaving dialouge at the end of Mistmoor, she tries to rejoin the party, and then leaves taking Aesdale with her. She says she's going to the inn in Saltmarsh, but neither her nor Aesdale show up there or in Blush's temple.

Vildamyr doesn't go to the Mistmoor inn if he's kicked out with Rihn, they both disappear.

After the myth Drannor quest, the game keeps saving on the Selgaunt bridge. and you can't leave the area, you keep getting dragged back, and the game keeps saving.

Longing for the old pen and paper modules of the 70?s and 80?s. Experience AD&D?s greatest adventures using the infinity engine: Classic Adventures Visit our homepage at Classic Adventures Homepage

#8 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 02 January 2008 - 08:50 AM

These are all with the new 0.45 version? The end of the Myth Drannor quest bug I had fixed (or at least it stopped looping).

Vild only goes to the Mistmoor Inn if Rihn isn't in the party. Otherwise, they both leave you for now. I will probably change this to have them be found in Selgaunt at an inn (once you can enter Selgaunt).

Blush and Ril probably have a problem caused by my new area file names. I will have to check their scripts again. Maybe the same issue applies to the mirrors. I'll check those scripts also.

Classic Adventures

#9 Lysan Lurraxol

Lysan Lurraxol
  • Modder
  • 899 posts

Posted 02 January 2008 - 10:21 AM

More bugs! :devil:

Rivian's dialouge if she's kicked out of the party doesn't seem to work.

If Markessa can't join the party, and you tell her to follow you, the game crashes.
However, if there is room in the party, and you tell her to join you, she doesn't, and just stands there at the end of A2.

A3 and A4 are very buggy, there are a lot of CTDs.

The end of A3/ start of A4 dialouges and area loads crash for me, though I suspect that's my computer.

Yup. The looping bug was 0.45. It's easily fixed (save and load), so I shouldn't worry about it too much.

Edited by Lysan Lurraxol, 03 January 2008 - 02:14 AM.

#10 Lysan Lurraxol

Lysan Lurraxol
  • Modder
  • 899 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 02:16 AM

Oh, and Icar's fight script didn't work for me, the opening dialouge worked fine, but then, even when he was near death, he just carried on fighting til I clunked him. :doh:

#11 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 09:19 AM

Lysan, did you install 0.45 on a clean copy of SoA/ToB or on top of CA 0.44? So far these all sound like 0.44 bugs. Most should be corrected with 0.45.

I haven't had a chance to duplicate your postings yet. Please continue, this helps me see what else is now working or still not working. Glad to hear Cath and Aleigha now work. That was well over 10 scripting attempts to get these two working correctly.

Classic Adventures

#12 Lysan Lurraxol

Lysan Lurraxol
  • Modder
  • 899 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 11:30 AM

It was a clean patched SoA/ToB install. Hope that helps :)

Another bug: Most of the merchants in Suderham cause CTDs if you ask to see their services.

Also, Suderham feels unnaturally quiet. I know that it's supposed to be, but there don't seem to be any area sounds at all.

Oh, and I know that the completion of CA is a long way off, and the completion is the priority right now, but have you ever considered adding a custom soundtrack?
I just feel that it would really add to CA, and help it stand apart from BG.

Of course, stuff like that can wait til after the final release.

BTW I love A3 and A4, I felt A2 lacked direction, but A3 and 4 are very streamlined (apart from a few bugs), and maybe just need a bit of fleshing out (more dialouges, and sidequests maybe)
Good work :)

#13 Nazar

Nazar
  • 68 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 03:57 PM

Well I have not played CA in a long time and was just getting back into it and noticed in the ravine dungeon that Meepo and all the other kobolds/goblins turn red instantly and attack. I thought I remember at least Meepo talking and then intoducing me to his leader....has it change in this newer version. So far I have killed my way thru all of them. Thanks in advance, Nazar

#14 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 01:01 AM

Well I have not played CA in a long time and was just getting back into it and noticed in the ravine dungeon that Meepo and all the other kobolds/goblins turn red instantly and attack. I thought I remember at least Meepo talking and then intoducing me to his leader....has it change in this newer version. So far I have killed my way thru all of them. Thanks in advance, Nazar

Well, that should only happen if you walk in the view of the guards that are behind the room that Meepo guards/is at. You have to talk to him... And for me this works fine, for a while now... although I didn't always cheak if the would turn hostile before.

#15 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 06:49 AM

The guard will turn hostile if you didn't talk to him. Meepo is the only way to keep them from attacking an intruder.

Classic Adventures

#16 Yovaneth

Yovaneth

The newly-appointed Master Builder of Baldur's Gate

• Modder
  • 3058 posts

Posted 06 January 2008 - 03:04 PM

I regret to say that I can't even get 0.45 installed onto a clean TOB setup. I managed to pin four errors thrown by Weidu during the install:

1. 'Can't find TC3???.BCS' and indeed, the CA_BCS folder is empty.
2. Consequently Weidu also throws a fit when trying to bif the .bcs files
3. Right at the end of the install procedure there's a 'Can't find override\*are' and
4. 'Can't find override\*wed' error.

Consequently CA starts up with a -1 error.

-Y-

Edited by Yovaneth, 06 January 2008 - 03:04 PM.

#17 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 06 January 2008 - 04:04 PM

Works fine for me.

As for the errors, these are all DOS batch file errors, not Weidu. The mod is already installed at this point. These are caused by the \bin\CA_Install.BAT file which is biffing the data in the \override folder.

TC3000.BCS doesn't exist yet, therefore the error - ignore it.
CA-BCS.BIF exists, mine is 1.67MB in size, so I know it should work.
Can't find *.ARE and *.WED is a concern because that means you didn't get Weidu to install these files into your override folder.

Are you using the version of Weidu that I included in 0.45 or some other version? The batch file copys SETUP-CA045.exe to WEIDU.EXE so the version should be the same that the Setup file is. I am curious to see if another version of Weidu is the problem.

Also, I have heard that people have problems with Windows Vista (I'll leave my comments out) and the batch file. Is that what you also run?

Classic Adventures

#18 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 14 January 2008 - 04:22 AM

Typo around line #4234 in Setup-Classics045.TP2:
SAY DESC ~Dagger +4: Neb's Nast Cutter

The despicable dwarf known as Neb has been rather famous for his evil doings...~
Forgot the Y at the end of Nasty. Also, survey says Neb is (was) a gnome.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
================================================================
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#19 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 14 January 2008 - 06:45 AM

Hmm, a typo in the Ruad mod? Could it be? :)

Thanks, I had found several others as well. I forgot that he was really a gnome, so the descript here should match.

Classic Adventures

#20 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 24 January 2008 - 12:59 PM

As I haven't been able to get the script to activate in the Temple in the Saltmarsh, should it activate, and if so, is there a pre-reguisite number of characters I should have, for it to fire, as I only have 3(PC, Shadow, and Aleigha) and I can't get it to activate even if I hide all of them to the room where the pool is!! :wacko: