• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 09:42 PM

If you have time, it would be a great help and therefore we can wait. :)

The problem is, I don't have time either :(. I have to finish all the 'in progress/revision' stuff in my signature that's been waiting some time. However, I might be able to look at it at least, and possibly help with any necessary code if it's not extensive, if someone gets a head-start (Jarno, Steve, omeletted, anyone?) and catalogues what still needs to be done. Possibly <_<.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#22 Candor

Candor
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 07:37 AM

Just want to report a tiny glitch. I've just installed Big World 5.2 manually following the instruction in the pdf (without NeJ), created a multiplayer 6 fighters party just for fun, and CLUA'ed a "demosum2" (a Baalor) for my guys to fight. Half of the times when the Baalor was killed it also causes a Crash-to-Desktop. After some inspecting with DLTCEP I have found the source of the error - somehow the Baalor has 2 BALOR items - one in its right hand and the other in its inventory. Apparently BALOR.ITM is the baalor's sword but has no icon, so when baalor is killed and drops the one in his inventory, the game crashes. So I simply removed the BALOR item in its inventory, and the game crashes no more. Just drop the modified "demosum2.cre" in override folder.

Attached Files

Edited by Candor, 21 June 2008 - 07:37 AM.

#23 Azazello

Azazello

The Anti-Spammer

• Staff
  • 1912 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 08:36 AM

Just want to report a tiny glitch. I've just installed Big World 5.2 manually following the instruction in the pdf (without NeJ), created a multiplayer 6 fighters party just for fun, and CLUA'ed a "demosum2" (a Baalor) for my guys to fight. Half of the times when the Baalor was killed it also causes a Crash-to-Desktop. After some inspecting with DLTCEP I have found the source of the error - somehow the Baalor has 2 BALOR items - one in its right hand and the other in its inventory. Apparently BALOR.ITM is the baalor's sword but has no icon, so when baalor is killed and drops the one in his inventory, the game crashes. So I simply removed the BALOR item in its inventory, and the game crashes no more. Just drop the modified "demosum2.cre" in override folder.

Please do a search of files in your game folder, look for 'demosum2.cre'. Tell us which mod(s) that file occurs in, and it can be fixed it at the source. (We want to discourage players from having to download attachments from the forums.)

#24 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 09:02 AM

Well, balor.itm isn't droppable anyway, but who knows what kind of odd stuff a loose one will do.

It's SCSII, in fiend.tph line 169:
ADD_CRE_ITEM ~BALOR~ #0 #0 #0 ~NONE~ ~WEAPON1~ EQUIP
Not sure why DavidW is doing this, except he's adding it to several demons at once. He might want to REMOVE_CRE_ITEM it first and then ADD it, or REPLACE_CRE_ITEM it if it's certain there's nothing important in any of the weapon1 slots of the various demons.

(It's quicker to find this sort of thing if you open a command prompt to your game folder and do a 'weidu --change-log demosum2.cre'.)

Edited by Miloch, 21 June 2008 - 09:03 AM.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#25 DavidWallace

DavidWallace
  • Validating
  • 337 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 10:09 AM

Well, balor.itm isn't droppable anyway, but who knows what kind of odd stuff a loose one will do.

It's SCSII, in fiend.tph line 169:

ADD_CRE_ITEM ~BALOR~ #0 #0 #0 ~NONE~ ~WEAPON1~ EQUIP
Not sure why DavidW is doing this, except he's adding it to several demons at once. He might want to REMOVE_CRE_ITEM it first and then ADD it, or REPLACE_CRE_ITEM it if it's certain there's nothing important in any of the weapon1 slots of the various demons.

(It's quicker to find this sort of thing if you open a command prompt to your game folder and do a 'weidu --change-log demosum2.cre'.)

Thanks... though I'd want to be convinced it actually causes these crashes. Lots of creatures have random undroppables in their inventories, after all.

Edited by DavidWallace, 21 June 2008 - 10:10 AM.

#26 Taimon

Taimon
  • 387 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 01:04 PM

The demon drops nothing for me. (And so no crash either.)