Stucked in the temple of Bhaal after killing Sarevok

• Please log in to reply
134 replies to this topic

#81 maximus2001

maximus2001
  • 525 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 08:30 PM

Are you guys killing Tazok early in the game? Via Kivan's BG1NPC dialog route if he is in the party when you enter the Bandit camp?
It seems that is an incompatibility with BG1 NPC and SCS I.
http://forums.gibber...s...st&p=121231

No fix yet as apart from SK editing or console, which I hate.

In my case I did have Kivan start a fight with Tazok and end up killing him. Later someone said something about him being resurrected (journal or an npc) by Sarevok. Looks like it happens whether you kill him or not.

#82 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 08:47 PM

Ok I am on to something here...maybe. Where on Sarevok's body should the item BGMINHP1.ITM be?

BGT has it on as amulet. My mega modded with SCS later moves it and changes it ( to a faulty BGMIMINHP1) to inventory and places tons of rings in body slots (for resistances and anti-magic).

That (MINHP1) doesn't get destroyed so it should keep him at HP1 for his script. Unless it needs to be on him and not in inventory.

Edited by Hoppy, 05 May 2008 - 08:56 PM.

?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

Posted Image The Definitive Guide to Trolls

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#83 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 09:07 PM

This would be easier to test if I was even close to big guy, but I am not.
?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#84 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 09:31 PM

HOLY _____!!!!!! The items that SCS adds to his body are in mixed up places. DW#SARR4.ITM is a ring (made up item) but is categorized as belt and girdle and is on Sarevok's neck. His belt slot is empty so I think things got jumbled up.

- King Diamond

#85 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 10:22 PM

HOLY _____!!!!!! The items that SCS adds to his body are in mixed up places. DW#SARR4.ITM is a ring (made up item) but is categorized as belt and girdle and is on Sarevok's neck. His belt slot is empty so I think things got jumbled up.

Calm down, everybody!!! Jeeeze... I'll be able to test this with a mega-mod within a week or two. I just got back to Restenford for Part 2 of Bonehill, and then I'll be going back to do Durlag Tower and finish up loose ends on NTotSC and then Baldur's Gate to finish Sarevok (and Shargraillor, the moron,, :devil: ).

The rings on Sarevok are for immunities he gets from his minions. As you kill each one, another ring is destroyed. After you kill the last minion you can damage Sarevok. The problem is Sarevok isn't giving his death speech. That's because the alteration SCS made to Sarevok.cre fubared the MINHP1 item that keeps him from being killed before he can give his speech, and it's corrupted the name into something else so the resource for it doesn't exist in the game and it won't work anymore. I'm pretty certain it will work properly when I get there. If it doesn't, I'll find what the problem is. I'm pretty close right now.

Meantime settle down. We'll get there.

Edited by erebusant, 05 May 2008 - 10:33 PM.

It takes a village...

#86 Chevalier

Chevalier

Knight of the Realms

• Modder
  • 2405 posts

Posted 06 May 2008 - 01:25 AM

Just an FYI

With my Big World Project install Sarevok death worked and I was able to play on. It is a bit older install (not all the latest mods). See WeiDU log. This might see you to see what is different with my install and help you find what is causing the bug.

Attached File  WeiDU.log   25.33K   184 downloads

I Ride for the King!

a.k.a. Chev

#87 smeagolheart

smeagolheart
  • 278 posts

Posted 06 May 2008 - 01:44 AM

Not sure if you can use this saved game to test.. Rename to .ZIP and unzip in yr saved game folder

Attached Files

#88 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 06 May 2008 - 05:02 AM

Just an FYI

With my Big World Project install Sarevok death worked and I was able to play on. It is a bit older install (not all the latest mods). See WeiDU log. This might see you to see what is different with my install and help you find what is causing the bug.

Attached File  WeiDU.log   25.33K   184 downloads

Which version of SCS are you using?

It takes a village...

#89 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 06 May 2008 - 05:47 AM

It is not easy to work out what happens to BGMINHP1.ITM, but it may be that the current WeiDU coding for ADD_CRE_ITEM may affect the transfer of this item to the inventory slot when it is replaced by MINHP1.ITM by SCS.
Nevertheless, that should not really change anything. From a while ago, I was struggling to work out what got rid of MINHP1. I could not locate any script that removed this item, thereby allowing Sarevok to be killed without his final death speech.

I can't remember what I looked into about the BGTAZOK death variable, I'll have to revisit this at some stage.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#90 Chevalier

Chevalier

Knight of the Realms

• Modder
  • 2405 posts

Posted 06 May 2008 - 11:25 AM

I am using scs-v7.exe

I Ride for the King!

a.k.a. Chev

#91 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 06 May 2008 - 11:41 AM

With Smeagolheart's save, I was able to do the transition fine after beating Sarevok with a new creature edit that I did. No items were taken out that were added by SCS, just shuffled to match their categories. For ex. DW#SARR4.ITM says ring but is in belt and girdle category. It was in the amulet slot before edit. The BGMINHP1.ITM is an amulet (category) and was missing so I placed that in the amulet slot.

Next I placed the DW#SARR4.ITM in the belt where it is categorized. And finally, I just left the BGMIMINHP.ITM in the inventory where it was so as not to destroy the integrity and use for reference in the future. This should be a working SAREVO.CRE here and let me know if it fails. The more weidu proficient people will be able to look at how they got shuffled at install.

Hope it works for you all as a "hot fix" for now. Enjoy! :cheers:

Edited by Hoppy, 06 May 2008 - 11:42 AM.

- King Diamond

#92 smeagolheart

smeagolheart
  • 278 posts

Posted 06 May 2008 - 12:51 PM

Ah great successs, it worked. All the right interjections occured and sarevok got near death, gave his speech a cutscene later and I could leave the temple!

Worked great Hoppy thanks

#93 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 06 May 2008 - 12:52 PM

Glad everything is cool!

- King Diamond

#94 Taimon

Taimon
  • 387 posts

Posted 06 May 2008 - 11:34 PM

@smeagolheart or Hoppy or anyone who got that BGMIminhp1.ITM:

Can you do a weidu --change-log on sarevo.cre and post the results here?
Also, after that you should find various sarevo.0000x.cre files in your BGT installation directory.
Please put them in an archive and attach them to your post.

#95 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 08:51 AM

Didn't Maximus do the change log that Ascension64 talked about? That was the same problem. I will look for the other files and post.

EDIT: Someoe else will have to do it because I am too, stooooopid. :WTF:

Edited by Hoppy, 07 May 2008 - 09:32 AM.

- King Diamond

#96 smeagolheart

smeagolheart
  • 278 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 09:44 AM

Here you be. Maybe UA causing problems? It causes crashes in some areas

Attached Files

• Attached File  log.txt   19.44K   188 downloads

Edited by smeagolheart, 07 May 2008 - 09:46 AM.

#97 Taimon

Taimon
  • 387 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 10:16 AM

Thanks!
You should now find some sarevo.0000x.cre files in your BGT install directory. Can you put them in an archive and attach to your post?

#98 smeagolheart

smeagolheart
  • 278 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 11:40 AM

Not easy... From BG II SOA folder..

Attached Files

#99 Taimon

Taimon
  • 387 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 12:34 PM

Okay. (Just packing the cre's with 0000x in the archive would have sufficed, though :))
So it's clearly the "Improved final battle" component, that messes up the item name.
But I can't find the problem in the current SCS code. Which version of SCS were you using?

Edited by Taimon, 07 May 2008 - 12:35 PM.

#100 smeagolheart

smeagolheart
  • 278 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 12:45 PM