[GRAPHICS] Description BAM needed

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Amaurea

Amaurea

Thread Killer Extraordinaire

• 409 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 06:03 PM

I'm having a hard time doing this myself, so I'm hoping one of you experts will be able to give this a go so I can see where I've been going wrong. I've had no problems with creating inventory icons, but just can't seem to get the description BAM's down so that they stay centered. I've seen offsets mentioned but have no idea what they are and how they figure into everything.

1. What do you need? Item, animation, description...?

A description BAM, using the following image:

Posted Image

In case that is problematic for you, here's the original artwork I did without the sketch script applied:

Posted Image

2. Describe the item/whatever in detail! Shape, style, colors...? N/A

3. Does it have bonus factors? (+1 thac0 - +5 thac0) N/A - this is merely a new set of BAM's for an existing mod item.

4. What about elemental damage? (Acid, Fire, Ice...) N/A

5. What material is the item made of? N/A

6. Any deadlines? Whenever, a week or so maybe?

7. What game and what mod is this for? BG2, Angelo mod

8. Anything else you'd like to mention? If you would be available for me to pick your brain afterwards, it would be much appreaciated! I have 3 more that need to be done, and am hoping to be able to figure out where I've gone wrong so that I can do those myself. Also, feel free to resize the image or canvas as you see fit so that this doesn't stand out and scream CREATED BY A NOOB!!!! CREATED BY A NOOB!!!!

#2 Amaurea

Amaurea

• 409 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 10:19 AM

Nevermind!

:cheers:

#3 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 07:15 PM

Did you figure it out? Which sketch script are you using, btw?

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#4 Amaurea

Amaurea

• 409 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 03:51 AM

Yes, I finally figured out what you were talking about with the offsets. It takes me a while sometimes. :lol:

The sketch script I used was something I got ages ago from Sheilsoft. Back then, it was freeware, but now they charge for them.

#5 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 12:10 PM

The sketch script I used was something I got ages ago from Sheilsoft. Back then, it was freeware, but now they charge for them.

Yeah, I use that too. It gives decent results sometimes, depending on your source material. A couple others too, including some pretty good Gimp scripts that Eirik created (I think I linked those somewhere but if it's on G3, we're buggered, for now anyway).

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle