• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 08:34 PM

If you run across any bugs, or suspected bugs with NTotSC4BGTv160a and/or v163 (and you very well may) please report them here. Thanks! :cheers:

Edited by erebusant, 08 December 2008 - 05:01 PM.

It takes a village...

#2 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 01:14 AM

I don't know if this is a bug per se, but any reason the resources NTELKA.cre, NTNATALK.cre and NTSHILOC.d are no longer present in this version? It causes the last BP-Balancer to bomb as per this post.

And while I'm on the subject of missing resources, do you have any idea why the BGT DSotSC left out a bunch of stuff from the original mod (such as zham02.itm - War Hammer +2, Dwarven Thunder - loads of others too)?

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#3 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 05:10 AM

I don't know if this is a bug per se, but any reason the resources NTELKA.cre, NTNATALK.cre and NTSHILOC.d are no longer present in this version? It causes the last BP-Balancer to bomb as per this post.

And while I'm on the subject of missing resources, do you have any idea why the BGT DSotSC left out a bunch of stuff from the original mod (such as zham02.itm - War Hammer +2, Dwarven Thunder - loads of others too)?

Not a bug per se, as more of an oversight. They accidentally got left out while looking at compatibility issues with SCS and BG1UB. I'll update them in the next release of the dialog revamp that has multi-language support. I'm just waiting on the italian translation for that.

Can't tell you on the DSotSC items. That mod has been unchanged by me except for updating languages this last version.

What exactly is this BP-Balancer thing doing with NTELKA.CRE & NTNATALK.CRE and NTSHILOC.CRE?

It takes a village...

#4 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 07:03 AM

What exactly is this BP-Balancer thing doing with NTELKA.CRE & NTNATALK.CRE and NTSHILOC.CRE?

Seems to be toning down equipment for the first two (replacing leat05 with leat04, arow09 with arow01 etc.) and nerfing the XP rewards for the last one (replacing AddExperienceParty(5000) with AddExperienceParty(2000) etc.). There's a bunch of other NT changes (and DSotSC and Bonehill also) - those are just the CREs it couldn't find. I think Leonardo Watson is responsible for it.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#5 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 07:52 AM

Seems to be toning down equipment for the first two (replacing leat05 with leat04, arow09 with arow01 etc.) and nerfing the XP rewards for the last one (replacing AddExperienceParty(5000) with AddExperienceParty(2000) etc.). There's a bunch of other NT changes (and DSotSC and Bonehill also) - those are just the CREs it couldn't find. I think Leonardo Watson is responsible for it.

Marvelous....

It takes a village...

#6 Manduran

Manduran
  • 23 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 11:39 PM

Marvelous....

Hi guys,

It's me, who is responsible for it.

In short words: The Balancer balances XP and items fpr DsotSC, NTotSC, SoBH and, new, Drizztsaga (beta). It patches the cre, dlg and bcs files for items and xp, while doing this takes care of not touch quest relevant things.
Last version becam buggy, as those three cre where missing in NTotSC, current version (0.33) is up to date. Once those cre are back in in NTotSC, I'll also put them back into the balancer, so it can also balance them.

(Hu... I really should chek the files for existance before patching them, so I don't have to release a new version for every cretaure change in supported mods... maybe next version... but first I should write a readme.... but who could know so many people would use that mod (that originaly was developed just for my personal use :blink: )

By the way... Natalka (NTNATALK.cre) is now that file: NATALK9.cre is that correct?

Regards,
Manduran

Edited by Manduran, 19 June 2008 - 11:54 PM.

------------------------------

Manduran

#7 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 05:24 AM

By the way... Natalka (NTNATALK.cre) is now that file: NATALK9.cre is that correct?

Regards,
Manduran

You don't want to use NATALK9.CRE

It takes a village...

#8 Canis

Canis
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 11:48 AM

Hi people, i just finished NTotSC as a part of BiG-World-Project. I don`t know it is a realy bug or not, but as i reached the final battle with the old orck general i became more than 30mio EXP for my party!!! I don't think that it is "normal" , right?

Today i made a workaround for this trouble - i just saved my characters in front of this cave, them beat the general, then get out of this place, saved, used ShadowKeeper and returned my realy party from 50-lvl-Heaven to 10-lv-Hell...

Ohhh, i just read in my readme that i have a VERSION 1.55... Sorry for my bad english ;)

Edited by Canis, 24 June 2008 - 11:49 AM.

#9 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 12:28 AM

Hi people, i just finished NTotSC as a part of BiG-World-Project. I don`t know it is a realy bug or not, but as i reached the final battle with the old orck general i became more than 30mio EXP for my party!!! I don't think that it is "normal" , right?

Today i made a workaround for this trouble - i just saved my characters in front of this cave, them beat the general, then get out of this place, saved, used ShadowKeeper and returned my realy party from 50-lvl-Heaven to 10-lv-Hell...

Ohhh, i just read in my readme that i have a VERSION 1.55... Sorry for my bad english ;)

I think if you drop the General's sword before entering that area the XP will not increase. It was a well known issue but I had not seen the problem myself even with the old version. Possibly fixed now but I will be happy if I can just do the quests correctly this time.

Edited by Hoppy, 25 June 2008 - 12:29 AM.

?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

Posted Image The Definitive Guide to Trolls

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#10 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 01:12 AM

It was a well known issue but I had not seen the problem myself even with the old version.

Weird ... did u have the sword Hoppy when facing Ghotal? And/or ... did u install a mod that alters XP gained by quests?

mm75

Tired of the same boring spawned creatures u face in BG? Try BGSpawn

#11 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 05:02 AM

Ghotal issue is resolved with the v161 Patch.

It takes a village...

#12 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 08:31 PM

It was a well known issue but I had not seen the problem myself even with the old version.

Weird ... did u have the sword Hoppy when facing Ghotal? And/or ... did u install a mod that alters XP gained by quests?

mm75

I know I didn't have the BP balancer installed that time and I have yet to know if I have the correct sword. Which is the General's sword? I guess now it is fixed for the new one and I have it installed but will not be playing a whole lot for a little while. Just not enough time but I am looking forward to it.
?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

Posted Image The Definitive Guide to Trolls

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#13 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 09:33 PM

mm75

I know I didn't have the BP balancer installed that time and I have yet to know if I have the correct sword. Which is the General's sword? I guess now it is fixed for the new one and I have it installed but will not be playing a whole lot for a little while. Just not enough time but I am looking forward to it.

Ghotal's Sword is the one you pick up in the Stone Circle in AR01PB (Wood of the Dead). It's a tough battle for the Sword, and a tough battle against Ghotal later. You no longer need any cheats of fixes, and you no longer will get millions of XP.

Edited by erebusant, 27 June 2008 - 09:33 PM.

It takes a village...

#14 10th

10th
  • 621 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 06:26 AM

NTotSC 1.62

It seems that Will's flail is not upgradeable no matter what I do. I have the requirements (BassilusDead 2, MISC45(Rogue Stone)), but Keldath Ormlyr doesn't recognise either one and he doesn't give me the appropriate lines which lead to the upgrade itself. He always gives me his standard greeting speech.

Moreover he has some empty condition blocks in his dialogue.

10th
Avast! You cannot defeat our titan-mounted submarine staffed by cannibal vikings! - Nodwick

"I grab his deceased spirit and piledrive it back into his body, duplicating raise dead." - Psyren Oots board

#15 Lord Psion

Lord Psion
  • 90 posts

Posted 11 December 2008 - 01:32 AM

Hi Erebusant,

I'm installing latest version for NTotSC v1.63a. I am getting an ERROR installing.

I've attached .DEBUG.

See you.

Attached Files

--- It's not only for me.............. It's for ALL ---

#16 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 11 December 2008 - 04:06 AM

Hi Erebusant,

I'm installing latest version for NTotSC v1.63a. I am getting an ERROR installing.

I've attached .DEBUG.

See you.

Already fixed. See the topic below.

It takes a village...

#17 Lord Psion

Lord Psion
  • 90 posts

Posted 11 December 2008 - 04:17 AM

Hi Erebusant,

I've attached .DEBUG.

See you.

I'm sorry, but I don't understand to what Topic are you referring to. I've looked at them but I could not see anything related to this error.

I've downloaded the latest version (now) of NTotSC v1.63a and installed it over NTotSC v1.60+NTotSC v1.62a Patch, but the same error happens. Maybe this is the problem?

--- It's not only for me.............. It's for ALL ---

#18 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 11 December 2008 - 06:24 AM

Hi Erebusant,

I've attached .DEBUG.

See you.

I'm sorry, but I don't understand to what Topic are you referring to. I've looked at them but I could not see anything related to this error.

I've downloaded the latest version (now) of NTotSC v1.63a and installed it over NTotSC v1.60+NTotSC v1.62a Patch, but the same error happens. Maybe this is the problem?

Please look here. http://www.shsforums...showtopic=38028

It takes a village...