Photo

Take Kate with you!

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 KatieKillz

KatieKillz
  • 31 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 06:10 PM

So I figured I'd make a little topic and post my portraits that I've made, though most of them are quite old. I won't be publishing the ones I created for BookWyrme without her at least giving me the "go ahead" on it :D However, for whatever reason when I upload my images, they save as a .jpg file :/ Just PM me if you want the .bmp files or epilogue files (if I have them) and I'll be happy to send them over.

-EDIT-
August 1, 2008 - Added a portrait I forgot and a new portrait
-/EDIT-

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

The portrait for the NPC I've been working on for AGES!!!
Posted Image Posted Image

Edited by KatieKillz, 01 August 2008 - 05:59 PM.

Kate - I cook, I bake, I grill, I shine your armor, for the love of the gods!!! What else do you want from me?!
Anomen - I WANT YOU TO BE PURE OF HEART WHILE DOING SO!!

#2 leahnkain

leahnkain
  • Modder
  • 7658 posts

Donator

Posted 31 July 2008 - 07:33 PM

They remind me a lot of Plasmocat's style.(which is a big compliment) I especially like the fourth picture. Welcome to Spellhold.

Longing for the old pen and paper modules of the 70's and 80's. Experience AD&D's greatest adventures using the infinity engine: Visit our homepage at http://classicadventuresmod.com/

#3 Zyraen

Zyraen
  • Modder
  • 1402 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 08:42 PM

I like the Aerie Edit :) Much closer to what I would imagine her to be.

I also like the 4th and 5th. You've got some nice work there. ( And yeah, I miss Plasmocat :( Sob )

Great to have you here :) Welcome to SHS

kiyos.jpg____btlbn2.gif____kovaS.jpg
Love between a Law Enforcer and a Fugitive - can such a thing even happen?
SoA Release - Overview / Download Links

Zyraen's Miscellaneous Mods - Ust Natha Accelerator, item tweaks, XP caps, The Ub3r Reaver Kit, and much more...
Spellhold Gauntlet - more than just a Spellhold-Be-Gone
Hidden Kits - hidden dual-classed kits with a twist for progression

#4 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 11:21 PM

They're all pretty good, but the last one is, I dunno... weird. Either it's the glow around the hair, or the face is a bit too thin.

And, heh. Did Aerie loot a half-orc or something? 'Cause that armour looks vaguely familiar... :D. Actually, that one is pretty good though. Do you have a larger (ToB epilogue style) version?

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#5 Azkyroth

Azkyroth
  • Modder
  • 3496 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 11:42 PM

*reads topic* well, okay... *gets out an appropriately sized pet carrier* O.o

Srsly, though, these are pretty good. I may have to bug you for minor assistance later on.

"Tyranny is a quiet thing at first, a prim and proper lady pursing her lips and shaking her head disapprovingly, asking, well what were you doing (wearing that dress, walking home at that hour, expressing those inappropriate thoughts) anyway? It's subtle and insidious, disguised as reasonable precautions which become more and more oppressive over time, until our lives are defined by the things we must avoid. She's easy enough to agree with, after all, she's only trying to help -- and yet she's one of the most dangerous influences we face, because if she prevails, it puts the raping, robbing, axe-wielding madmen of the world in complete control. Eventually they'll barely need to wield a thing, all they'll have to do is leer menacingly and we fall all over ourselves trying to placate them." -godlizard

#6 KatieKillz

KatieKillz
  • 31 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 04:28 AM

They're all pretty good, but the last one is, I dunno... weird. Either it's the glow around the hair, or the face is a bit too thin.

And, heh. Did Aerie loot a half-orc or something? 'Cause that armour looks vaguely familiar... biggrin.gif. Actually, that one is pretty good though. Do you have a larger (ToB epilogue style) version?

Don't tell her I told you, but she's got it out for the "bad boys" lol. Sadly I don't have an epilogue sized image of this portrait, and I just spen probably close to an hour looking for an epilogue size orc portrait to no avail. I was just going to re-create it -grumbles- I have to come to the conclusion that when one types the word 'portrait' with 'baldur's gate' on a search engine, your results will be someone with stolen artwork, cropped down to the proper dimensions. -sigh- just reminds me why I started editing to begin with. Oh if the Portrait Portal were only still open...
Kate - I cook, I bake, I grill, I shine your armor, for the love of the gods!!! What else do you want from me?!

#7 Bookwyrme

Bookwyrme
  • Modder
  • 5804 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 09:07 AM

I won't be publishing the ones I created for BookWyrme without her at least giving me the "go ahead" on it

Appreciated :) I think I'll be selfish for a bit & hang on to them for the Trio only, at least until it is released & people have a chance to see them in context--don't want folk to be thinking "But that's my PC!"

After that, of course, people can mix & match as they want & will undoubtedly appreciate a three-sized release.

Oh, and they're good :)

Mods: <a data-cke-saved-href="http://www.shsforums...-auroras-shoes/">Aurora's Shoes (released),

#8 Choo Choo

Choo Choo

AIR CONDITIONER GRILL

• Modder
  • 3001 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 09:14 AM

Hm. I like them, but for the second one, the shading on the neck seems a tad bit heavy.

theacefes: You have to be realistic as well, you can't just be Swedish!

#9 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 11:26 AM

Sadly I don't have an epilogue sized image of this portrait, and I just spen probably close to an hour looking for an epilogue size orc portrait to no avail.

There is one in the game (nhorcl.bmp) which you can extract with Near Infinity. Or you can get even larger versions of most NPCs, including Aerie and the half-orc here.

I was just going to re-create it -grumbles-

If you do, would you mind a slight colour scheme request (or mind if I do it)? I'm looking for an alternate version of her for my clerics get their deity colours portrait pack, and this one might fit the bill if I can steal it (giving you credit of course :)). The armour is fine, being a leathery wood-brown colour (since I think she reveres the gnomish god Baervan Wildwanderer), but she should maybe have sky-blue trim (perhaps matching her eyes), or possibly just a blue feather (or feathered earring) somewhere, since she also reveres the elvish sky goddess Aerdrie Faenya.

Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#10 KatieKillz

KatieKillz
  • 31 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 05:51 PM

If you do, would you mind a slight colour scheme request (or mind if I do it)? I'm looking for an alternate version of her for my clerics get their deity colours portrait pack, and this one might fit the bill if I can steal it (giving you credit of course :)). The armour is fine, being a leathery wood-brown colour (since I think she reveres the gnomish god Baervan Wildwanderer), but she should maybe have sky-blue trim (perhaps matching her eyes), or possibly just a blue feather (or feathered earring) somewhere, since she also reveres the elvish sky goddess Aerdrie Faenya.

If you want to, by all means feel free :D I believe that was one of my first portraits, so it's only an edit -shrugs- I don't mind if you want to edit it to fit your vision :D I have some other great ones that aren't mine if you want to take a look at any of them just let me know. I'm lazy and tend to procrastinate when it comes to edit jobs -shrugs- either that or maybe it's because my mouse pad is just down-right terrible XD

-this has been removed for certain reasons, good ones, just trust me :D-

*reads topic* well, okay... *gets out an appropriately sized pet carrier* O.o

Srsly, though, these are pretty good. I may have to bug you for minor assistance later on.

Oh come on!! I don't need a carrier, can't I just sit in the car?? I promise I'll be good, no crawling on your lap or hanging my head out the window... Okay maybe just a little out the window :D lol
Sure! Feel free to contact me anytime about needing help.

Edited by KatieKillz, 02 August 2008 - 12:31 PM.

#11 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 06:10 PM

If you want to, by all means feel free :D I believe that was one of my first portraits, so it's only an edit -shrugs- I don't mind if you want to edit it to fit your vision :D

Well, it's too bad you don't have the ToB version, since she is a BG2 NPC most people want that too. I really like the hair though. Much better than the braid-craziness Bioware did for BG2. Not that there's anything wrong with braids, but I think they overdid it a bit. I wanted to do something similar for Jaheira but I'm horrible at hair :(.

#12 Scipio

Scipio

Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.

• 1790 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 09:25 PM

They're great, and the one next to Aerie and the one at the bottom are terrific! They give this old man a nice warm glow. Purely mental, of course.

And now I know what Aerie looks like when she isn't gazing up at me from waist level.
I did battle with monsters, and they became me, and when I gazed into the abyss, the abyss looked away shyly.
See, it helps not to believe all the stuff that philosophers spout.

#13 KatieKillz

KatieKillz
  • 31 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 04:57 AM

I did the best I could at recreating the look and feel in larger scale. I've saved this as a transparnet .png so you may alter it how you see fit :D

[HERE]

Edited by KatieKillz, 04 August 2008 - 05:02 AM.

#14 leahnkain

leahnkain
  • Modder
  • 7658 posts

Donator

Posted 04 August 2008 - 05:11 AM

I think Aerie's new head looks exceptional. I love the skin tone and how the eyes stand out.

Longing for the old pen and paper modules of the 70's and 80's. Experience AD&D's greatest adventures using the infinity engine: Visit our homepage at http://classicadventuresmod.com/

#15 minotaur_in_maze

minotaur_in_maze

Modding Prima-Dona

• 906 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 06:20 AM

They're great, and the one next to Aerie and the one at the bottom are terrific! They give this old man a nice warm glow. Purely mental, of course.

And now I know what Aerie looks like when she isn't gazing up at me from waist level.

I am feeling a lil sick. :whistling:
They say the world is going to Hell.

They are wrong.

The world IS Hell! Always has been, always will be; except perhaps for the five percent or so of the population who can afford differently.

And, if one must reside in Hell, it is far better to do it as a minion of the Devil than as a member of the damned.
LOVE SUCKS: It makes fools and slaves of us all.
But being alone and unloved is worse.
- Nancy A. Collins "Thin Walls"

#16 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 01:15 PM

I did the best I could at recreating the look and feel in larger scale. I've saved this as a transparnet .png so you may alter it how you see fit :D

Hey, that's great. I'll be sure to give you credit if I use it. :cheers:

Now if you could just take the braids out of Jaheira's hair too... :whistling:

I am feeling a lil sick.

Oh get your mind out of the gutter... he plays as a human and Shadowkeeps her into a gnome (or does he? :ph34r:)

#17 Choo Choo

Choo Choo

AIR CONDITIONER GRILL

• Modder
  • 3001 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 01:27 AM

Or maybe his PC is just really, really tall. :whistling:

theacefes: You have to be realistic as well, you can't just be Swedish!

#18 minotaur_in_maze

minotaur_in_maze

Modding Prima-Dona

• 906 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 02:24 AM

To mention the main subject:

I REALLY DO love these pictures. They capture the essence of the girls. The one on the top right however looks a little - I dunno, vauge? Nice though!

I am feeling a lil sick.

Oh get your mind out of the gutter... he plays as a human and Shadowkeeps her into a gnome (or does he? :ph34r:)

MY Aerie? A GNOME?

Now I'm REALLY feeling sick! (ROFLMAO)

And gutter mind? Moi? I was simply refering to the fact that Aerie was Short, but not That short. (For some reason, Aerie always brings out the "need to protect" in me. I see a battle looming between me and Scipio that is going to make the whole Her'Dalis/PC thing seem tame.

Scipio,

Go back to your "Averial of the Month" subscription and leave Aerie alone - She's mine.

Mine!

ALL MIME!!!

BOOYAAHHHHHAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!! (Maniacle laugh patent pending :) )

Minotaur In......... :whistling:

Edited by minotaur_in_maze, 05 August 2008 - 02:26 AM.

They say the world is going to Hell.

They are wrong.

The world IS Hell! Always has been, always will be; except perhaps for the five percent or so of the population who can afford differently.

And, if one must reside in Hell, it is far better to do it as a minion of the Devil than as a member of the damned.
LOVE SUCKS: It makes fools and slaves of us all.
But being alone and unloved is worse.
- Nancy A. Collins "Thin Walls"

#19 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 02:45 PM

Yes, minds out of the gutter please--children on the board! :)

And back on topic, please. :)

Kate, I quite like your own portrait--Aerie's too! Do you mind if I use your portrait for one of my PCs in the future?

#20 KatieKillz

KatieKillz
  • 31 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 03:47 AM

Yes, minds out of the gutter please--children on the board! :)

And back on topic, please. :)

Kate, I quite like your own portrait--Aerie's too! Do you mind if I use your portrait for one of my PCs in the future?

Go ahead, by all means :D They're there for the taking.

Well I'm certainly glad everyone likes it, sorry there's a little film left over from my erasing; I thought I got it all >.< oh well. Braids out of Jaheira's hair huh? Sound like a challenge, I'll see what I can do :D Any other requests while I'm around.

(Notes- my boyfriend took a little spill at work the other day, so being the kind nurturing girlfriend I am, I've been babying him lol, and poking him where his leg is all bruised up when he makes me angry lmao j/k)