• Please log in to reply
120 replies to this topic

#61 dorotea

dorotea

witch extraordinaire

• Modder
  • 1927 posts

Posted 10 April 2004 - 11:58 PM

It looks like today I finished coding, testing and de-bugging (in first iteration) everything that was written. That includes banters for all npcs - except Cernd and Sarevok (and maybe a few more Jaheira). I want to thank everybody for their help. We are now 2/3 the way through - lets write some more dialogs. My estimates of release date are becoming more and more optimistic. :wacko:

Freedom cannot be equated with goodness, virtue, or perfection. Freedom has its own unique self-contained nature; freedom is freedom ? not universal goodness. Any confusion or deliberate equalization of freedom with goodness and excellence is in itself negation of freedom, and acceptance of the path of restraint and enforcement.

Nikolai Berdyaev - Christian Existentialist, Philosopher of Freedom.

The Longer Road mod
Redemption mod
Bitter Grey Ashes

#62 dorotea

dorotea

witch extraordinaire

• Modder
  • 1927 posts

Posted 13 April 2004 - 09:45 AM

Cernd dialogs are being revised - but I love them all very much. The Deva quest is being written/revised as well. And the Sarevok banters... and more Jaheira.

Today I added Jaheira romance modifications needed to make the Redemption plot work - no fear I did not remove anything, only added some stuff, as Jaheira will grill PC on Irenicus and possible future danger for Suldanesselar in case of his failure to redeem the villain. :D

On the side note - whatever our dear leaders did to the forums software - but now I am unable to access it from work through the firewall without a proxy and using https:// protocol... It is rather cumbersome, sigh. Yeah - but games/entertainment is not exactly the topics they want me to discuss from the office I guess. :P

Freedom cannot be equated with goodness, virtue, or perfection. Freedom has its own unique self-contained nature; freedom is freedom ? not universal goodness. Any confusion or deliberate equalization of freedom with goodness and excellence is in itself negation of freedom, and acceptance of the path of restraint and enforcement.

The Longer Road mod
Redemption mod
Bitter Grey Ashes

#63 dorotea

dorotea

witch extraordinaire

• Modder
  • 1927 posts

Posted 13 April 2004 - 10:58 PM

Finally - I revised all 3 Cernd banters and posted them. Deva Quest next.

The Longer Road mod
Redemption mod
Bitter Grey Ashes

#64 dorotea

dorotea

witch extraordinaire

• Modder
  • 1927 posts

Posted 26 April 2004 - 10:02 AM

Updated and corrected 'near final' version of the Deva Quest 1 st long dialog is posted in the Workroom. Please revise if you have access. :P

The Longer Road mod
Redemption mod
Bitter Grey Ashes

#65 dorotea

dorotea

witch extraordinaire

• Modder
  • 1927 posts

Posted 28 April 2004 - 11:13 AM

Latest additions: 2 Sarevok's banters (see below), 1 extra banter for Valygar by Domi and 1 banter between PC and Irenicus for 'evil' path.

Please review these in the Workroom if you have time and desire to help!

The Longer Road mod
Redemption mod
Bitter Grey Ashes

#66 dorotea

dorotea

witch extraordinaire

• Modder
  • 1927 posts

Posted 28 April 2004 - 09:28 PM

Deva Quest items got new bams.

The Longer Road mod
Redemption mod
Bitter Grey Ashes

#67 dorotea

dorotea

witch extraordinaire

• Modder
  • 1927 posts

Posted 29 April 2004 - 07:00 AM

All 3 banters with Cernd are finalized and locked. I will probably code them tonight or tomorrow. Now I need your help on spellchecking Sarevok banters. Please, proofreaders - don't be shy. I really need the npc banters done with before I can concentrate on the Quest and the final scenes.

The Longer Road mod
Redemption mod
Bitter Grey Ashes

#68 Michel

Michel

Damn. I'm good!

• 1003 posts

Posted 29 April 2004 - 04:20 PM

Do you have any ETA for a release?

#69 dorotea

dorotea

witch extraordinaire

• Modder
  • 1927 posts

Posted 29 April 2004 - 05:07 PM

Erhm. Looking at our general tempo I say end of August...

The Longer Road mod
Redemption mod
Bitter Grey Ashes

#70 dorotea

dorotea

witch extraordinaire

• Modder
  • 1927 posts

Posted 16 May 2004 - 10:07 PM

Mostly we are working on peripherals for Deva quest these days - I made a series of new bams and cre files with special effects. More dialogs are coming as well.

The Longer Road mod
Redemption mod
Bitter Grey Ashes

#71 dorotea

dorotea

witch extraordinaire

• Modder
  • 1927 posts

Posted 17 May 2004 - 09:10 AM

Finally - a new dialog posted in the Workroom. This is a mad Bebilith and PC. I think he is rather funny, as the tentacle horrors go.

The Longer Road mod
Redemption mod
Bitter Grey Ashes

#72 dorotea

dorotea

witch extraordinaire

• Modder
  • 1927 posts

Posted 18 May 2004 - 01:55 PM

Added dialog options for Irenicus in the conversation with Bebilith, also tiny snippet for Yakman. Please review in the Workroom.

The Longer Road mod
Redemption mod
Bitter Grey Ashes

#73 dorotea

dorotea

witch extraordinaire

• Modder
  • 1927 posts

Posted 21 May 2004 - 10:35 PM

Finished making the Items of Accord - modified the ones done by Valheru to our needs. Posted the items descriptions. Need them spellchecked.

The Longer Road mod
Redemption mod
Bitter Grey Ashes

#74 -Notmrt-

-Notmrt-

Posted 22 May 2004 - 12:03 AM

:DIm looking forward to trying it out
Good luck

#75 dorotea

dorotea

witch extraordinaire

• Modder
  • 1927 posts

Posted 22 May 2004 - 04:29 PM

Made a new area for the Elysium scene of the Deva quest - used one of the IWDII areas... check the Workroom for the screen shot.

The Longer Road mod
Redemption mod
Bitter Grey Ashes

#76 dorotea

dorotea

witch extraordinaire

• Modder
  • 1927 posts

Posted 22 May 2004 - 08:56 PM

New dialog between Irenicus , Bebilith and PC is posted today. :)

The Longer Road mod
Redemption mod
Bitter Grey Ashes

#77 dorotea

dorotea

witch extraordinaire

• Modder
  • 1927 posts

Posted 23 May 2004 - 01:42 PM

Posted a new dialog and the journal entries for the Deva quest. Please review in the Workroom.

The Longer Road mod
Redemption mod
Bitter Grey Ashes

#78 dorotea

dorotea

witch extraordinaire

• Modder
  • 1927 posts

Posted 31 May 2004 - 01:07 PM

Finally revised and updated the Keldorn - Irenicus dialog by Seifer.

The Longer Road mod
Redemption mod
Bitter Grey Ashes

#79 dorotea

dorotea

witch extraordinaire

• Modder
  • 1927 posts

Posted 06 June 2004 - 10:06 AM

Aww, folks, I am sorry - I am deep in writing the next part of BGA, almost done though. On Saturday we coded and tested a huge chunk of the Deva quest - the demons, the Devas , the imps and the nymphs all now have cre files, portraits and they talk. :wub: It was fun and I hope we can finalize the Deva Quest soon and turn our eyes to finale.

The Longer Road mod
Redemption mod
Bitter Grey Ashes

#80 dorotea

dorotea

witch extraordinaire

• Modder
  • 1927 posts

Posted 11 June 2004 - 10:59 PM

We continue to code. Doing Gromnir, Yaga Shura and Deva quest.

The Longer Road mod
Redemption mod
Bitter Grey Ashes