• Please log in to reply
120 replies to this topic

#81 dorotea

dorotea

witch extraordinaire

• Modder
  • 1927 posts

Posted 15 June 2004 - 01:39 PM

The Deva quest dialogs got their near final revision. Added new small dialog discussing Yaga-Shura. This material needs spellchecking.

Freedom cannot be equated with goodness, virtue, or perfection. Freedom has its own unique self-contained nature; freedom is freedom ? not universal goodness. Any confusion or deliberate equalization of freedom with goodness and excellence is in itself negation of freedom, and acceptance of the path of restraint and enforcement.

Nikolai Berdyaev - Christian Existentialist, Philosopher of Freedom.

The Longer Road mod
Redemption mod
Bitter Grey Ashes

#82 dorotea

dorotea

witch extraordinaire

• Modder
  • 1927 posts

Posted 15 June 2004 - 09:00 PM

Added Nyalee and Wraith Gorion interjections.

Freedom cannot be equated with goodness, virtue, or perfection. Freedom has its own unique self-contained nature; freedom is freedom ? not universal goodness. Any confusion or deliberate equalization of freedom with goodness and excellence is in itself negation of freedom, and acceptance of the path of restraint and enforcement.

The Longer Road mod
Redemption mod
Bitter Grey Ashes

#83 dorotea

dorotea

witch extraordinaire

• Modder
  • 1927 posts

Posted 17 June 2004 - 09:15 AM

Added new dialog between PC, Jaheira and Irenicus.

The Longer Road mod
Redemption mod
Bitter Grey Ashes

#84 dorotea

dorotea

witch extraordinaire

• Modder
  • 1927 posts

Posted 17 June 2004 - 10:20 AM

Updated Wraith Gorion interjections. Need input.

The Longer Road mod
Redemption mod
Bitter Grey Ashes

#85 dorotea

dorotea

witch extraordinaire

• Modder
  • 1927 posts

Posted 26 June 2004 - 02:00 PM

Tons of new dialogs, with all sorst of critters, starting from Watcher Keep imps and ending with Saemon Havarian. Check in the Workroom.

The Longer Road mod
Redemption mod
Bitter Grey Ashes

#86 dorotea

dorotea

witch extraordinaire

• Modder
  • 1927 posts

Posted 30 June 2004 - 06:21 PM

Hmm, i counted 12 new dialogs to code for the next week... and it should be plenty and brings us almost to the end.

I still need the Soul extraction talk spellchecked in the Workroom -- can somebody do it please?

The Longer Road mod
Redemption mod
Bitter Grey Ashes

#87 dorotea

dorotea

witch extraordinaire

• Modder
  • 1927 posts

Posted 06 July 2004 - 12:12 PM

I am assembling the Deva Quest. Had some moderate difficulty making an allied creature move from area to area with the party inside WK, it works now.

The Longer Road mod
Redemption mod
Bitter Grey Ashes

#88 dorotea

dorotea

witch extraordinaire

• Modder
  • 1927 posts

Posted 09 July 2004 - 01:45 PM

New dialog inside the Workroom - the soultaking scene.

The Longer Road mod
Redemption mod
Bitter Grey Ashes

#89 dorotea

dorotea

witch extraordinaire

• Modder
  • 1927 posts

Posted 25 July 2004 - 10:02 PM

The Watcher's Keep scenes are coded as well as much of the final Amkethran. The nymphs in the Deva quest now have voices -- thanks to Laufey and Jeanette (I recorded the 3rd one myself , lol)

Since I still have not received any offers from would be beta testers, the release of the mod might be postponed indefinitely -- or at least until there will be somebody brave out there, willing to test it.

The Longer Road mod
Redemption mod
Bitter Grey Ashes

#90 dorotea

dorotea

witch extraordinaire

• Modder
  • 1927 posts

Posted 26 July 2004 - 10:47 AM

Sometimes a little whining does work. <_< I received a few offers to help testing the mod -- thank you all folks! By the way -- if there still testers out there -- please do contact me. The more the merrier, and I feel I have exhausted the team of my helpers who had worked with me through the year that LR has been in the work to the point of many of them simply needing rest. (Ahem, I am not the most polite and easy to work with individual as well.)

So, if there brave and courageous souls with solid english, knowledge of the Realms, and desire to help resolve some remaining plot issues -- please join us and enter the editorial team of this mod. If you simply want to test already coded sections -- as I stated it covers about 80 - 90% of the material, please contact me and I will give you the link to the download. :turnip:

Edited by dorotea, 26 July 2004 - 10:49 AM.

The Longer Road mod
Redemption mod
Bitter Grey Ashes

#91 dorotea

dorotea

witch extraordinaire

• Modder
  • 1927 posts

Posted 27 July 2004 - 05:59 AM

Arrrgh -- just discovered I have an incompatibility with Improved Illasera from Ascension package. The problem is , they replace the entire AR4000 and I was patching it using a bit from that script... Now I will have to make 2 separate installations I fear... and also make sure to mention that Improved Illa should never be installed after the LR.

Oh well, life ain't perfect...

Edited by dorotea, 27 July 2004 - 06:00 AM.

The Longer Road mod
Redemption mod
Bitter Grey Ashes

#92 dorotea

dorotea

witch extraordinaire

• Modder
  • 1927 posts

Posted 27 July 2004 - 08:31 PM

Fixed the Improved Illasera issue -- it now installs just fine. It still has to be installed 'before' the LR -- otherwise it will simply replace the Area script. By the way -- replacing the Area scripts is definitely a bad idea, it can always be done with REPLACE or EXTEND and would not cause incompatibility problems...

The Longer Road mod
Redemption mod
Bitter Grey Ashes

#93 dorotea

dorotea

witch extraordinaire

• Modder
  • 1927 posts

Posted 28 July 2004 - 08:45 PM

More fun discoveries. The mod so far is not compatible with any 'Improved' components from the Ascension pack. Ie 'Improved' Gromnir and Yaga need to be fixed. (Why Improved I ask you anyway? What's so 'good' about them giving you more trouble? Toughened maybe? :P )

The Longer Road mod
Redemption mod
Bitter Grey Ashes

#94 dorotea

dorotea

witch extraordinaire

• Modder
  • 1927 posts

Posted 30 July 2004 - 11:02 PM

I run LR with Ascension and all the Improved creatures all the way through killing of Yaga Shura. Good news is that it works -- I was able to kill him at least. Bad news is that I found more bugs of which I was not aware. Well, at least now I know what needs fixing.

Edited by dorotea, 30 July 2004 - 11:03 PM.

The Longer Road mod
Redemption mod
Bitter Grey Ashes

#95 dorotea

dorotea

witch extraordinaire

• Modder
  • 1927 posts

Posted 01 August 2004 - 06:23 PM

New beta with massive fixes is posted in the Workroom. It seems as if we are back in shape and it now works with Ascension and Tactics.

The Longer Road mod
Redemption mod
Bitter Grey Ashes

#96 dorotea

dorotea

witch extraordinaire

• Modder
  • 1927 posts

Posted 04 August 2004 - 08:45 PM

Truly amazing. Today I wrote thre last important bit of the dialog. I am in a shock. There might be small additions now and then but it is done!

The Longer Road mod
Redemption mod
Bitter Grey Ashes

#97 dorotea

dorotea

witch extraordinaire

• Modder
  • 1927 posts

Posted 06 August 2004 - 06:42 AM

I am getting more and more optimistic about the release date. The pre-enclave part has been tested and is relatively bug-free. Which is of course relative -- until the mod is played by more than a few beta testers there is no way of telling how many more bugs are lurking there.

The plot line is streamlined, the dialogs are all written -- finally! All the items are done. We are entering the final stages of coding the mod.

I still rememebr a few vague promises of new spells ... but this is not the most vital component, so it can be added as an extra perk later on.

We are looking at September beta release now.

The Longer Road mod
Redemption mod
Bitter Grey Ashes

#98 dorotea

dorotea

witch extraordinaire

• Modder
  • 1927 posts

Posted 07 August 2004 - 08:28 PM

Made some serious progress today -- it was fun to see Irenicus stealing souls again. :)

I now hope for release of the full beta in 2-3 weeks.

Edited by dorotea, 07 August 2004 - 08:29 PM.

The Longer Road mod
Redemption mod
Bitter Grey Ashes

#99 dorotea

dorotea

witch extraordinaire

• Modder
  • 1927 posts

Posted 14 August 2004 - 12:40 PM

Folks -- it is all coded... now we are squashing the bugs. :thumb:

The Longer Road mod
Redemption mod
Bitter Grey Ashes

#100 Immortality

Immortality

Love Boat Captain

• 1616 posts

Posted 14 August 2004 - 02:15 PM

w00t!
CLAN DLAN, your friendly neighborhood spanish community. Woo!

I am a retired translator. If you need my assistance, or need somebody to translate something for you, you can send me a PM. I don't check SHS regularly. Thanks!! : D