The Darkest Day 1.12 forum/thread

• Please log in to reply
257 replies to this topic

#181 Fouinto

Fouinto
  • 458 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 11:09 AM

Hi,

I play through TDD (BWP 8 Tactics) without problem until now...

I am unable to kill Artemis when I meet him in a cave close to a "village"...

It makes more than an hour and half (real time) than I fight him but I make him no damage (I have already killed the others : few drows, spiders and Ja*****). In fact, sometimes, I hit him with 1 or 2 damages but it seems like he always heals himself. Is there a trick ?

Edit : I've just killed him with very powerful spells... :ph34r:

Edited by Fouinto, 01 June 2010 - 11:16 AM.

#182 maximus2001

maximus2001
  • 525 posts

Posted 05 June 2010 - 10:39 AM

A while ago I finished the topaz/blue dragon from the troll mountain area. Not sure if its an animation conflict, but everything slowed to a crawl (a lot worse than stutter). The dragon seemed blurred or something (like 3 dragons in one spot). It improved a little after he was killed, and was able to leave area where it returned to normal. It doesn't seem like anyone else had this yet.

Attached File  Baldr002.bmp   1.37MB   295 downloads

#183 -Hoppy-

-Hoppy-

Posted 05 June 2010 - 12:40 PM

A while ago I finished the topaz/blue dragon from the troll mountain area. Not sure if its an animation conflict, but everything slowed to a crawl (a lot worse than stutter). The dragon seemed blurred or something (like 3 dragons in one spot). It improved a little after he was killed, and was able to leave area where it returned to normal. It doesn't seem like anyone else had this yet.

Attached File  Baldr002.bmp   1.37MB   295 downloads

I remember a while ago that 10th ( I think it was) hinted to the area and the golem. Removing the golem from the area file made the stutter go away if I remember and I didn't mess around with it yet.

In my testings the lag wasn't apparent and I kill the golem first by designating one NPC to target it so I get it out of the way quickly. In the next month or so i will be looking into some outstanding oddities and this will be one of them. I already have a bunch more ready for consumption.

Hard to get it done now that I am addicted to Fallout 3 and all added content. Fallout: New Vegas will be out in fall too. :ph34r:

#184 maximus2001

maximus2001
  • 525 posts

Posted 05 June 2010 - 02:15 PM

Yeah I tried killing the golem first because he was doing serious damage to the weaker characters, but it didn't help. Is that blurry effect normal? Mages dispelled all his buffs, but the fuzzy lizard was still a fuzzy lizard.

Hopefully this summer I'll also try out Fallout 3. Nothing but praise from those who have tried it. Man its been a few years since Fallout 1 and 2, ah the good old days...

#185 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 05 June 2010 - 07:06 PM

The Mirror Image effect was something Radagast the Brown had added but I remember a bit of lag before anyone messed with the script. Maybe just a rebuild is in order.

Here is Fallout3 modding community:

http://www.fallout3nexus.com/

Fan made stuff is the best and the game is a must on PC for mods. One mod I am using is called Weapon Mod Kits (customized weapons basically) and I heard it was going to be integrated into New Vegas.

But, I digress... :)
?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

Posted Image The Definitive Guide to Trolls

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#186 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 05 June 2010 - 08:50 PM

But, I digress...

Yes, you do... No more Fallout for you. Must... mod... BG2... :D

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#187 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 12:55 AM

But, I digress...

Yes, you do... No more Fallout for you. Must... mod... BG2... :D

No... I have turned over to Bethesda Dark Side. Plug-ins rule! I create my own NPC looks and hair with G.E.C.K. and make new armors with NIFSCOPE. PIPBOY3000 is in control!!!

I wish Bethesda did something with the Baldur's Gate lore/series as I think they did a pretty good job with the Fallout world/lore in my opinion. It's the best I can do since my computer is not powerful enough to play Dragon Age.

Many of the bugs with TDD have not been with Weidu per se but things that did not get updated when the transition to WEIDU happened. Same thing was in CTB and I wish I had the "master files". King Diamond has them and in those files lies missing content that could be add ons like quest/banters or other material for modding potential.

Edited by Hoppy, 06 June 2010 - 01:12 AM.

?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#188 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 12:21 PM

@ME

Do some item checking and fix this one:

http://www.shsforums...post__p__490811

- King Diamond

#189 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 02:07 PM

Do some item checking and fix this one:
http://www.shsforums...post__p__490811

Here's a fix for that item:
Attached File  ddmansh2.itm   506bytes   245 downloads

You can either put it in the mod's item folder before installing or just drop it in your override folder if you've already installed the mod. In the latter case, it won't get a name but it doesn't really matter since it's undroppable. I didn't test it, but it should work... at least DLTCEP doesn't report errors on it anymore.

Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#190 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 02:22 AM

To prevent errors like this happening, around line 3482 in Setup-TDD.tp2, change this line:
APPEND ~SHOUTIDS.IDS~ ~2 ESCAPE_AREA_2~ UNLESS ~ESCAPE_AREA_2~
To this:
APPEND ~SHOUTIDS.IDS~ ~2 LEAVE2~ UNLESS ~LEAVE2~
I don't know where TDD got that value anyhow, since it doesn't use it as far as I can tell, nor do any other mods.

#191 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 09:34 AM

To prevent errors like this happening, around line 3482 in Setup-TDD.tp2, change this line:

APPEND ~SHOUTIDS.IDS~ ~2 ESCAPE_AREA_2~ UNLESS ~ESCAPE_AREA_2~
To this:
APPEND ~SHOUTIDS.IDS~ ~2 LEAVE2~ UNLESS ~LEAVE2~
I don't know where TDD got that value anyhow, since it doesn't use it as far as I can tell, nor do any other mods.

Thanks. As long as I am not removing something that may be used but you already checked for that. As to why it is there, it could have been something remaining from the early versions from before WeiDU conversions which meant relying on a Baldurdash fixpack setup.

So does ESCAPE_AREA_2 need to be removed entirely or just assign it another row and number? Just in case?

EDIT:
I see ATTACK1, LEAVE2, and ESCAPE_AREA_2 in my Bassilus dialog so are there three different things supposed to happen or is the ESCAPE_AREA_2 just plain bogus?

Edited by Hoppy, 02 July 2010 - 09:42 AM.

- King Diamond

#192 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 09:40 PM

So does ESCAPE_AREA_2 need to be removed entirely or just assign it another row and number? Just in case?

EDIT:
I see ATTACK1, LEAVE2, and ESCAPE_AREA_2 in my Bassilus dialog so are there three different things supposed to happen or is the ESCAPE_AREA_2 just plain bogus?

The problem is LEAVE2 and ESCAPE_AREA_2 share the same row number (2) and apparently the engine can't recognise both, at least not in shoutids.ids - sometimes duplicate entries in IDS files do get recognised but a lot of times not. You're probably seeing 2 values in your bassil.d because of the duplication - the engine doesn't know how to decompile it properly (hence the error I linked).

This happens because the Fixpack comes along and does (from lib/ids_entries_shoutids.tph):
APPEND ~shoutids.ids~ ~2 LEAVE2~ UNLESS ~^2 LEAVE2~

Then CtB, TDD and BP come along and do:
APPEND ~shoutids.ids~ ~2 _ESCAPE_AREA_2~ UNLESS ~ESCAPE_AREA_2~

They don't do this for any particular reason that I can tell, except to make sure there's a value for "2" in the IDS. It makes more sense to APPEND it with LEAVE2 instead, for Fixpack compatibility. I did a full scan and couldn't find any scripts or dialogues that compile with a textual value of ESCAPE_AREA_2 (though they might try to decompile with it if it gets added to the IDS file).

Anyway, if you want to change it to LEAVE2 in CtD and TDD, I'll handle it in BP and everything should be ok. I suppose we could get the Fixpack to change it to ESCAPE_AREA_2 instead, but who knows when that'll be updated (anyway LEAVE2 is shorter).

Edit:
Actually, most of the APPENDed shoutids entries conflict with those added by the Fixpack. I searched my BWP install and didn't find any scripts at all that compile with any of the textual values, with the exception of AjocMod, and I just posted a fix for that. So since BP, CtB and TDD all use the same code for this, you can replace the entire APPEND ~SHOUTIDS.IDS~ block in all TP2s with the Fixpack entries instead (which I'm putting in my edit of BP):
APPEND ~shoutids.ids~ ~2 LEAVE2~ UNLESS ~LEAVE2~
APPEND ~shoutids.ids~ ~66 DEAD_MEAT~ UNLESS ~^66~
APPEND ~shoutids.ids~ ~68 SUM_ATTACK_GOOD~ UNLESS ~^68~
APPEND ~shoutids.ids~ ~69 SUM_ATTACK_EVIL~ UNLESS ~^69~
APPEND ~shoutids.ids~ ~79 HELP79~ UNLESS ~^79~
APPEND ~shoutids.ids~ ~80 HELPARCHER~ UNLESS ~^80~
APPEND ~shoutids.ids~ ~81 FLEEARCHER~ UNLESS ~^81~
APPEND ~shoutids.ids~ ~82 COMEARCHER~ UNLESS ~^82~
APPEND ~shoutids.ids~ ~83 HELP83~ UNLESS ~^83~
APPEND ~shoutids.ids~ ~84 IM_BLIND~ UNLESS ~^84~
APPEND ~shoutids.ids~ ~89 ATTACK89~ UNLESS ~^89~
APPEND ~shoutids.ids~ ~99 HELPME~ UNLESS ~^99~
APPEND ~shoutids.ids~ ~100 HELP100~ UNLESS ~^100~
APPEND ~shoutids.ids~ ~101 HELP101~ UNLESS ~^101~
APPEND ~shoutids.ids~ ~111 WARNALARM~ UNLESS ~^111~
APPEND ~shoutids.ids~ ~115 HELP_ALIBAKKAR~ UNLESS ~^115~
APPEND ~shoutids.ids~ ~116 HELP_LURRAXOL~ UNLESS ~^116~
APPEND ~shoutids.ids~ ~121 HELP121~ UNLESS ~^121~
APPEND ~shoutids.ids~ ~122 HELP122~ UNLESS ~^122~
APPEND ~shoutids.ids~ ~151 HELP_ME_GROUP151~ UNLESS ~^151~
APPEND ~shoutids.ids~ ~152 ATTACK_MAGE~ UNLESS ~^152~
APPEND ~shoutids.ids~ ~153 HELP_ME_GROUP153~ UNLESS ~^153~
APPEND ~shoutids.ids~ ~154 FLEE_FROM_MAGE~ UNLESS ~^154~
APPEND ~shoutids.ids~ ~155 ATTACK_MAGE~ UNLESS ~^155~
APPEND ~shoutids.ids~ ~156 UNDER_ATTACK~ UNLESS ~^156~
APPEND ~shoutids.ids~ ~199 HELPME_DRUIDS~ UNLESS ~^199~
APPEND ~shoutids.ids~ ~200 POISONED_200~ UNLESS ~^200~

Edited by Miloch, 03 July 2010 - 02:57 AM.

#193 10th

10th
  • 621 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 12:08 PM

TDD does an EXTEND_BOTTOM to Baldur.bcs with TDD/SNIP/bBALDUR.BAF, what creature should this refer to? Because there's no such creature.

IF
	Global("m2spawnhelpneeded","GLOBAL",1)
	CombatCounter(0)
	PartyRested()
THEN
	RESPONSE #100
		CreateCreatureOffScreen("m2guard2",0)
		SetGlobal("m2spawnhelpneeded","GLOBAL",2)
END

10th
Avast! You cannot defeat our titan-mounted submarine staffed by cannibal vikings! - Nodwick

"I grab his deceased spirit and piledrive it back into his body, duplicating raise dead." - Psyren Oots board

#194 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 10:12 AM

TDD does an EXTEND_BOTTOM to Baldur.bcs with TDD/SNIP/bBALDUR.BAF, what creature should this refer to? Because there's no such creature.

IF
	CombatCounter(0)
	PartyRested()
THEN
	RESPONSE #100
		CreateCreatureOffScreen("m2guard2",0)
END

10th

Thanks 10th and you are correct in saying that this creature does not exist. I will look into the appearance of this guy in the pre-Weidu versions to try and make sense of this.
:ph34r:

EDIT: WHoah hold on. Me says:

IF
	CombatCounter(0)
	PartyRested()
THEN
	RESPONSE #100
		CreateCreatureOffScreen("mvguard2",0) // Assassin
END

Now WTF is going on and what in blazes did I screw up this time? :lol:

Edited by Hoppy, 10 August 2010 - 10:14 AM.

- King Diamond

#195 10th

10th
  • 621 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 03:13 PM

There is an mvguard1.cre assassin worth 7000 XP in vanilla BG2. Four of them guard Mae'Var.

Moreover where's Global("m2spawnhelpneeded","GLOBAL",1) set to 1? Because I couldn't find it.

10th

Edited by 10th, 10 August 2010 - 03:17 PM.

Avast! You cannot defeat our titan-mounted submarine staffed by cannibal vikings! - Nodwick

"I grab his deceased spirit and piledrive it back into his body, duplicating raise dead." - Psyren Oots board

#196 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 04:08 PM

There is an mvguard1.cre assassin worth 7000 XP in vanilla BG2. Four of them guard Mae'Var.

Moreover where's Global("m2spawnhelpneeded","GLOBAL",1) set to 1? Because I couldn't find it.

10th

You're not alone because I can't find it either.

- King Diamond

#197 -Fennek-

-Fennek-

Posted 21 August 2010 - 02:37 PM

I just wanted to mention that Leonardo has found an incompatibility between TS25MiniMod component 5 (in the BWP-expert-installation, until it is translated) and TDD. There's a ctd in the slums if both are installed. I cannot provide more information at the moment (I only know that both mods work fine on their own), but when it is tranlated (or if somebody should figure something out), one might try to fix it - in either TDD or TS25MiniMod.

#198 -Hop-

-Hop-

Posted 21 August 2010 - 06:38 PM

The PDF says that component 5 and TDD are incompatible. I will try to perform a miracle but it might not be immediately.

#199 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 06:50 PM

It is probably the addition of the new area transitions, That stuff isn't easy and it sure isn't fun I'll tell you that. Does the whole area (slums) get corrupt?

- King Diamond

#200 -Fennek-

-Fennek-

Posted 23 August 2010 - 07:49 PM

At the moment I have no idea since I'm not at home and cannot try an installation with TDD and TS25MiniMod. :(
All I know is that there's a ctd.