Photo

Mods compatibilities

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#21 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 01:22 AM

Sir BillyBob and leahnkain thanks for your answers.

So I think, that no BG2 Tweak Pack component is really useful for CA, because it is already included or you can get it with changing the difficulty lever (the same for "Higher HP on Level Up"). :)

Say, where can you check the numbers of the components? I couldn't find them

Sorry, I've updated the first post in this case. :)

Greetings Leomar
A Megamod does not mean that you can play all of the mods or all of their content,
but you have more choices or paths through the game.
- Chevalier

BiG World Project - Big Baldur's Gate World

#22 aVENGER

aVENGER
  • Modder
  • 1680 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 09:04 AM

Hello,

I've recently finished my first run through Classic Adventures and made some compatibility improvements regarding Rogue Rebalancing after familiarizing myself with CA. As of RR v4.2 several items introduced by the "Additional equipment for Thieves and Bards" can now be acquired during regular gameplay on a Classic Adventures installation. Here are the full details:

Once Selugant is finalized, I might add a few more. Enjoy! :)

P.S.

If you are getting a parse warning due to a missing entry for WIZARD_TRUE_DISPEL_MAGIC in SPELL.IDS when installing the "Bard High Level Ability revisions" component, don't worry, it's fairly harmless. I've already discussed this issue with the CA authors and it will likely be resolved in the next version of their mod. The warning comes up because several spell descriptors which were present in the unmodded game had been erroneously removed from SPELL.IDS for Classic Adventures.

Edited by aVENGER, 18 July 2009 - 05:39 PM.

#23 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 04:03 PM

Awesome work! Thanks again.

As for the error message, you pointed me to the right spot and it is fixed (though they haven't even seen it yet). I look forward to adding this to my standard install.

Tired of Bhaal? Try some classics mods instead:
Classic Adventures
Official Classic Adventures Website

#24 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 19 July 2009 - 09:14 PM

You don't need to edit the first post. :D

I try to update the first post everytime if something were changed. When you release the v0.50 I will change the BG2 Fixpack notes. :)

By the way, thanks for your hard work on CA. :Bow:

Greetings Leomar
A Megamod does not mean that you can play all of the mods or all of their content,
- Chevalier

#25 aVENGER

aVENGER
  • Modder
  • 1680 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 09:47 PM

Since I've been playing CA recently, I made some minor compatibility adjustments to aTweaks in v2.6 so that it better accomodates for CA installs:

• The "Additional racial traits for Gnomes" component will now properly affect Bugbears introduced by the Classic Adventures mod
  • The "Restore innate disease immunity to Paladins" component will now properly affect the custom Paladin kits introduced by the Classic Adventures and Oversight mods (Paladin of Sune and Holy Liberator)
  • The "Bard songs break invisibility" component will now properly affect the songs of the custom Bard kits introduced by the Classic Adventures and Song and Silence mods (Harper of Twilight, Gypsy and Dirgesinger)

Enjoy! :)

#26 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 17 October 2009 - 09:33 PM

I've added "Aurora's Shoes and Boots" to the first post.

Greetings Leomar
- Chevalier

#27 leahnkain

leahnkain
  • Modder
  • 7658 posts

Donator

Posted 17 October 2009 - 10:28 PM

Thanks. I am really looking forward to trying Aurora's Shoes and Boots during my next run through.

Longing for the old pen and paper modules of the 70's and 80's. Experience AD&D's greatest adventures using the infinity engine: Visit our homepage at http://classicadventuresmod.com/

#28 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 25 October 2009 - 12:31 AM

Unique Containers v2 is compatible with CA. Technically, it was in v1 too but I tweaked it a bit.

P5Tweaks should also be compatible as far as I know, though the "Restore SoA Background Music" component probably isn't terribly relevant.

Shouldn't this post be merged perhaps with the pinned compatibility topic?

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#29 joshuar9476

joshuar9476
  • 128 posts

Posted 25 October 2009 - 07:03 AM

Unique Containers v2 is compatible with CA. Technically, it was in v1 too but I tweaked it a bit.

P5Tweaks should also be compatible as far as I know, though the "Restore SoA Background Music" component probably isn't terribly relevant.

Shouldn't this post be merged perhaps with the pinned compatibility topic?

i too have been using p5 for awhile now with no problems ... right now i've started a new run through with the key ring mod, parts of ding0's tweaks, b!tweaks, and the cure/cause component of konalan's tweaks.
i have a witty signature thought up, i just haven't posted it yet.

#30 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 25 October 2009 - 07:32 AM

I've added "Unique Containers" and "P5Tweaks" to the first post.

Greetings Leomar
- Chevalier

#31 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 17 January 2010 - 06:41 AM

I've added "Pickpocket Options" to the first post (Sam. mentioned it here.).

With the new CA0.51 version, "1pp Female Dwarves" can't be installed normally. You get a solution here:
http://www.shsforums...post__p__473145

Greetings Leomar
- Chevalier

#32 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 17 January 2010 - 01:51 PM

I think Ascension64's exe patches are compatible, unless they're included already (enable conversations with Charmed characters etc.). They seem to be compatible with Infinity Animations and Aurora anyhow.

Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#33 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 01 February 2010 - 10:27 PM

I've added "Thrown Hammers" to the first post, because Miloch has added CA compatibility to it.

Greetings Leomar
- Chevalier

#34 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 12:28 AM

Just as un update for the current 0.53a version. Aurora component "realistic kobolds" cannot be installed as it doesn't find kobolda.cre,

mm75

Tired of the same boring spawned creatures u face in BG? Try BGSpawn

#35 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 12:45 PM

Just as un update for the current 0.53a version. Aurora component "realistic kobolds" cannot be installed as it doesn't find kobolda.cre

Can you post the error you get from the SETUP-AURORA.DEBUG file. (Though I think maybe the Aurora forum would be better because I won't see it here when I go to do updates.) It shouldn't be an issue as it uses:
ACTION_FOR_EACH ~kba~ IN ~%tsu%kobolda~ ~kobarc01~ ~swsfoll4~ ~swsfoll5~ BEGIN
  ACTION_IF FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~%kbc%.cre~ BEGIN
Meaning it only tries patching the CREs if they exist and does nothing if they do not. Actually I'm noticing a stupid typo there - if you change the %kbc% to %kba% it should work.