Keiria Silverstring: does she have banters?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 -kthxbye-

-kthxbye-

Posted 07 February 2009 - 10:11 AM

Hi! I'm playing a heavy modded game right now, with both BG:T and D/NSotSC, and I've just met Keiria Silverstring.
I'd like to know, if possible, if she has banters in the BG1 portion of the game, if I can keep her in the BG2 portion as well, and (if I can actually keep her) if she has banters for SoA/ToB too.
Thanks in advance. :)

#2 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 04:36 PM

Hi! I'm playing a heavy modded game right now, with both BG:T and D/NSotSC, and I've just met Keiria Silverstring.
I'd like to know, if possible, if she has banters in the BG1 portion of the game, if I can keep her in the BG2 portion as well, and (if I can actually keep her) if she has banters for SoA/ToB too.
Thanks in advance. :)

if you installed:
~SETUP-DSOTSC.TP2~ #0 #100 // Dark Side Interparty Banter: v220
then yes. Also if you installed:
~SETUP-BGTTWEAK.TP2~ #0 #1813 // Import more NPCs into Shadow of Amn: Keiria Silverstring: v8
then yes.
There are no specific banters arranged for her in SoA/ToB yet.

It takes a village...

#3 -kthxbye-

-kthxbye-

Posted 07 February 2009 - 11:17 PM

I'll look forward future SoA/ToB banters for Keiria, it's the first time I'm playing with her (and with DSotSC/NSotSC, too) but I quite like her spoken lines and think she could become truly interesting, judging from her background.
BTW, I'll keep her instead of Keldorn, and will give her UAI and Carsormyr too. :P

Thanks! :)

#4 --Miloch--

--Miloch--

Posted 26 April 2009 - 02:08 PM

In theory, Keiria should banter with Jaheira, Viconia and Imoen if you have that interparty component installed, regardless of whether you have her in BG1 or BG2. Though it will be "BG1-style" interparty banters, not SoA-style. This is where the NPCs say stuff at random, and you'll hear it and see it in the message window if you have subtitles on.

She'll also banter with Kivan, Coran, Garrick, Safana, Faldorn, Xan, Eldoth, Montaron and Kagain if you've imported them (or will say things when some of them are present - not necessarily directed at them though). She also has lines for other DS NPCs (Bub Snikt, Jet'laya, Skeezer and Thorfinn). At least, that's how it was set up - let me know if it's not working that way.

#5 maximus2001

maximus2001
  • 525 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 04:36 PM

The voice is nice because it is Sheena Easton and it came from Planescape Torment. She will have the additional banters but not voiced (if that is what you mean).

#6 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 05:39 PM

The voice is nice because it is Sheena Easton and it came from Planescape Torment.

You sure you've got the right NPC? I thought Sheena Easton had a Scottish accent. This one is more English (unlike Jet'laya's which is obviously Scottish).

She will have the additional banters but not voiced (if that is what you mean).

They're voiced, but you've probably never heard them before. That's 'cause the folks who built the original mod way back when didn't have the nifty tools like the IESDP and stuff we have now. They recorded the clips and even put them on the NPC, but they didn't turn on all the switches in the tables they needed to set so that you'd actually hear them. So it was "simply" a matter of enabling all that (not really simple, but not as tough as doing it all from scratch).

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
================================================================
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle