• This topic is locked This topic is locked
40 replies to this topic

#21 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 11:11 PM

Heh heh :D Back again. I'm now in part deux and the baron's been murgalized :lol: I fixed both problems though but it makes sense to report them for future versions :D

Anyway, didn't have Fabio near me when my party arrived in Restenford and methinks that's the reason for this bug. After I reach Restenford, I talk to Pelltar and he says the usual, three suspects, the items near the body, first suspect, second suspect ... and then, he ends dialog. I loked through his .dlg using nearinfinity and there's supposed to be an interjection by Fabio (about the second suspect). Pelltar just won't talk about the third suspect without Fabio. Oh, and cause of that Garotten doesn't show up on the worldmap :D All fixed now by CLUAConsole:CreateCreature("BHFABIO") :cheers:

Btw: Any news on the "NO VALID LINKS" thing?? :P

Was Fabio in your party at the end of Part one when you were returned to the temple, or did you boot him out before returning??

I ran into the same exact problem. Pelltar told me about the first two and stopped. Fabio was nowhere to be found. I had Fabio in my party for a short time in part 1 but he was not in my party at the end of part 1.

All this will be fixed in the next release of dialog revamp shortly. For the time being, in order for part 2 to properly start, you need to have Fabio in your party when you have Pelltar transport you back to the temple of lathander.

It takes a village...

#22 Gregor

Gregor
  • 43 posts

Posted 05 April 2009 - 02:21 PM

All this will be fixed in the next release of dialog revamp shortly. For the time being, in order for part 2 to properly start, you need to have Fabio in your party when you have Pelltar transport you back to the temple of lathander.

That explains why the game crashes after the cut scene that introduces part 2. I've never taken Fabio into the party at any point.

Sigh. I guess I'll just have to ctrl Y Fabio to get back to Baldur's Gate...
Don't ask questions best left to aged sages. Boo is quick and evasive, and there is ever so much of Minsc to search, there is no hope of getting us apart."

#23 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 05 April 2009 - 03:13 PM

That explains why the game crashes after the cut scene that introduces part 2. I've never taken Fabio into the party at any point.

Sigh. I guess I'll just have to ctrl Y Fabio to get back to Baldur's Gate...

If you're running Tutu, the CTD is because of this: http://www.shsforums...showtopic=36254

It takes a village...

#24 ScuD

ScuD
  • 492 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 07:27 AM

In my case almost everything went smoothly, but somehow the suspects weren't taken from their houses when told by the Mayor. Just hadn't paid attention to that and continued to the castle prison and they were there as well.

#25 ScuD

ScuD
  • 492 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 07:42 AM

Forgot to add. Servants in the castle of Garroten and (at least) in the tavern turn hostile once the fight begins. I think that's a matter of SHOUTs and should be fixed. My reputation went down to 6 from 20 after the fight in the castle.

#26 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 08:05 AM

Forgot to add. Servants in the castle of Garroten and (at least) in the tavern turn hostile once the fight begins. I think that's a matter of SHOUTs and should be fixed. My reputation went down to 6 from 20 after the fight in the castle.

It might be the same issue with the SCS shout problem in the latest SCS version. Same thing happens in Beregost. I'll look into this as well.

It takes a village...

#27 Corvus

Corvus
  • 9 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 05:06 AM

Pelltar didn`t want to teleportate me after i completed the quest - he said just the first dialogue "ah, thanks Fabio..." again and again.
Let me go through the quest:
1. Fabio met me in front of Candlekeep and teleported me to Pelltar.
2. After teleportation Fabio wasnīt here and quest was terminated.
3. I summoned Fabio, Peltar said something... but my map wasn`t uptodate so i must to use cheat to go to Garotten.
4. Then i made all quest, found papers of the mayor, killed all, rescued 4 friends, talked to the bard.
5. The bard said me "oh, ok, thank you, you did it..." and i`m going to Peltar to hand over the quest and kill the cleric.
6. I killed the cleric and went to Peltar... and "oh, thanks Fabio..." again and again :(((

So what should i do now? Can i change some kind of variable in my save or use CluaConsole again to end my quest or should i use teleport to BG or somethere else? :(

#28 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 06:14 AM

5. The bard said me "oh, ok, thank you, you did it..." and i`m going to Peltar to hand over the quest and kill the cleric.
6. I killed the cleric and went to Peltar... and "oh, thanks Fabio..." again and again :(((

So what should i do now? Can i change some kind of variable in my save or use CluaConsole again to end my quest or should i use teleport to BG or somethere else? :(

Maybe this could help

Anyway, I went back to Restenford. confronted Pelltar. Showed him the documents first and then the letter from Qualton. He took both!! So later when I finally found Qualton, I didn't have the letter and he wouldn't fight :P So I CLUAed BHNOTE1 and talked, we fought, I killed :D Then talked to Pelltar again and teleported bacj to Wyrm's crossing. So, mod complete it seems eh?? :D

How did you kill Qualton, the cleric?? If you force attacked him, the chain may break.

When you talk to Pelltar, he takes both the documents and the note (although the note is required to end the quest) and THEN asks you to kill Qualton. So, try "CLUAConsole:CreateItem("BHNOTE1")" (without quotes) before you kill Qualton and then talk to Pelltar.

Cheers,
Lol

Edited by Lollorian, 26 July 2009 - 06:16 AM.

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#29 Corvus

Corvus
  • 9 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 09:03 AM

> How did you kill Qualton, the cleric?? If you force attacked him, the chain may break.
I found a letter by mayor-helper and tried to kill him through the assassins ;) If you try to talk to him before you talked to Peltar he will try to kill you and get his letter back. After that you can speak to Peltar and you have an option to say "I just killed him" ;)

I found another workaround to my problem:
1. Dismiss Fabio from party with Ctrl+K infront of Peltar.
2. Fabio said "Peltar i found them...", after i became the same dialogue, but Fabio tried to access my party again ;)
3. After it i just talked to Peltar again and... missiom completed!

So, just relaxe and be cool by killing your brother Sarevok...

#30 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 02:10 AM

I found another workaround to my problem:
1. Dismiss Fabio from party with Ctrl+K infront of Peltar.
2. Fabio said "Peltar i found them...", after i became the same dialogue, but Fabio tried to access my party again ;)
3. After it i just talked to Peltar again and... missiom completed!

LOL!! +1 for workaround :D

As can be seen, many of the part 2 bugs revolve around the inclusion/exclusion of Fabio in the party. Hopefully, the new dialog patch which seems to be in the works (from a few posts above) will fix them before BWP8 is released :P

Oh, and Corvus, next time you encounter bugs, it might be a good idea to post your WeiDU.log (found in the BGII- SoA folder) as an attachment so that the modmaker (or maintainer :P ) can verify if the bug is caused by some other mod ;)

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#31 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 23 August 2009 - 07:46 AM

Bug List
Area = BH2020
1. After asking Oscar about hiring an assasin he leaves with Basmar. However Philmar still sits on his chair and drinks his beer and wonīt disappear.
The same is if I ask Philmar about hiring an assasin. This time he and Basmar leave but Oscar wonīt.

I can still ask the one who doesnīt leave about hiring an assasin and him to leave to meet me in the south, too. However I think they should all leave together after I talked to either Oscar or Philmar.

2. After Ascur teleports to me to tell me that Abraham did confess. Falpir will spawn to tell me about Oskar. However yopu can still find him in Area BH2021.

3. After killing the whole Castle including Ascur. Whenever I revisit the tavern. He will spawn in the tavern and tell me that Abraham did confess once again. (Even thought he did it before and he is already dead by now.)

4. Quenex in BH2006 has "NO VALIED REPLIES OR LINKS" after asking him about Harfner and solving his quest.

5. After killing the Lizard King I went to meet Arrness for the first time. I told her I was just an adventurer and she gave me the quest to kill the Lizard King. She also tells me that she knows why I am here and that she will take over the investigation.

Now the bug is that I can talk to her again and tell her I solved the quest. She then tells me that Abraham did confess the crime. There shouldnīt be enough time to arrest him. Yet he did already confess.

6. Sometimes with bad luck when I enter Garrotten there are two spawns. One group is Ascur with a Guard who tells me that Arrness wants to talk to me and the other group consists of assasins trying to kill me. Whenever this happens the whole throne will be hostile after Ascur ports me and half of my group is dead after the black screen is gone. It also happened that my HC died and I got a game over.

7. Not really a bug but still annoying. Holga the castle tells me that she will meet me in the theatre. However she never shows up. I looked it up in NI and didnīt see anything about her spawning there. Cheating her with Clua will give me the same dialog as the first time in the caste. I think there was never more programmed.

8. I donīt know if it is a bug. However you can steal Arrness' documents with invisible and donīt need to kill anyone. You can also give the book to Peltar and finish this quest afterwards. You will get the same text from him even thought you didnīt fight.
I think he should send you back to kill Arrness or something after getting the book in this case. This would be also a good clue to kill Tellish for the letter.

9. I think this is a known problem. After you rescue Abraham, Harfner and Balmorrow you might get the idea to visit Garotten and talk to them again...

10. This is something very minor. Even after killing Qualton I couldnīt loot the chests and lockers in his room without someone calling the guards.

11. There are also a few not reproduceable bugs, but I will list them neverless.
- Sometimes Abraham & co will give you the same text as if you meet them the first time if you talk to them again.
- Sometimes Abraham & co are still on their spot even thought it is said that they were taken by guards for questioning
- In the Arrness Castle are a few Orks without a skript (Maybe a BGT problem)
- Sometimes after entering Garrotten Ascur spawns multiple times

I hope my english and my listed problems are understandable.

with kind regards

Moonie

#32 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 07:46 PM

Bug List
Area = BH2020
1. After asking Oscar about hiring an assasin he leaves with Basmar. However Philmar still sits on his chair and drinks his beer and wonīt disappear.
The same is if I ask Philmar about hiring an assasin. This time he and Basmar leave but Oscar wonīt.

I can still ask the one who doesnīt leave about hiring an assasin and him to leave to meet me in the south, too. However I think they should all leave together after I talked to either Oscar or Philmar.

2. After Ascur teleports to me to tell me that Abraham did confess. Falpir will spawn to tell me about Oskar. However yopu can still find him in Area BH2021.

3. After killing the whole Castle including Ascur. Whenever I revisit the tavern. He will spawn in the tavern and tell me that Abraham did confess once again. (Even thought he did it before and he is already dead by now.)

4. Quenex in BH2006 has "NO VALIED REPLIES OR LINKS" after asking him about Harfner and solving his quest.

5. After killing the Lizard King I went to meet Arrness for the first time. I told her I was just an adventurer and she gave me the quest to kill the Lizard King. She also tells me that she knows why I am here and that she will take over the investigation.

Now the bug is that I can talk to her again and tell her I solved the quest. She then tells me that Abraham did confess the crime. There shouldnīt be enough time to arrest him. Yet he did already confess.

6. Sometimes with bad luck when I enter Garrotten there are two spawns. One group is Ascur with a Guard who tells me that Arrness wants to talk to me and the other group consists of assasins trying to kill me. Whenever this happens the whole throne will be hostile after Ascur ports me and half of my group is dead after the black screen is gone. It also happened that my HC died and I got a game over.

7. Not really a bug but still annoying. Holga the castle tells me that she will meet me in the theatre. However she never shows up. I looked it up in NI and didnīt see anything about her spawning there. Cheating her with Clua will give me the same dialog as the first time in the caste. I think there was never more programmed.

8. I donīt know if it is a bug. However you can steal Arrness' documents with invisible and donīt need to kill anyone. You can also give the book to Peltar and finish this quest afterwards. You will get the same text from him even thought you didnīt fight.
I think he should send you back to kill Arrness or something after getting the book in this case. This would be also a good clue to kill Tellish for the letter.

9. I think this is a known problem. After you rescue Abraham, Harfner and Balmorrow you might get the idea to visit Garotten and talk to them again...

10. This is something very minor. Even after killing Qualton I couldnīt loot the chests and lockers in his room without someone calling the guards.

11. There are also a few not reproduceable bugs, but I will list them neverless.
- Sometimes Abraham & co will give you the same text as if you meet them the first time if you talk to them again.
- Sometimes Abraham & co are still on their spot even thought it is said that they were taken by guards for questioning
- In the Arrness Castle are a few Orks without a skript (Maybe a BGT problem)
- Sometimes after entering Garrotten Ascur spawns multiple times

with kind regards

Moonie

Thanks for the detailed report. I'll be able to clean a lot of this up for the next release.

It takes a village...

#33 prowler

prowler

Translator

• 425 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 09:41 AM

Where is Erebusant? :)

Edited by prowler, 13 November 2009 - 01:04 PM.

Murloc-translator
Coordinator of the Russian BWP Translation Team - Arcanecoast.ru
Work with SHS, PPG, G3, CoM, Dragon's Hoard, Sorcerer's Place, RPG Dungeon

#34 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 02:06 AM

Where is Erebusant? :)

Somewhere around in this world :whistling:

mm75

Edited by melkor_morgoth75, 10 December 2009 - 02:08 AM.

Tired of the same boring spawned creatures u face in BG? Try BGSpawn

#35 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 03:32 PM

Heh heh Posted Image Back again. I'm now in part deux and the baron's been murgalized Posted Image I fixed both problems though but it makes sense to report them for future versions Posted Image

Anyway, didn't have Fabio near me when my party arrived in Restenford and methinks that's the reason for this bug. After I reach Restenford, I talk to Pelltar and he says the usual, three suspects, the items near the body, first suspect, second suspect ... and then, he ends dialog. I loked through his .dlg using nearinfinity and there's supposed to be an interjection by Fabio (about the second suspect). Pelltar just won't talk about the third suspect without Fabio. Oh, and cause of that Garotten doesn't show up on the worldmap Posted Image All fixed now by CLUAConsole:CreateCreature("BHFABIO") Posted Image

Btw: Any news on the "NO VALID LINKS" thing?? Posted Image

Was Fabio in your party at the end of Part one when you were returned to the temple, or did you boot him out before returning??

I ran into the same exact problem. Pelltar told me about the first two and stopped. Fabio was nowhere to be found. I had Fabio in my party for a short time in part 1 but he was not in my party at the end of part 1.

Fixed locally.

It takes a village...

#36 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 09:19 PM

In my case almost everything went smoothly, but somehow the suspects weren't taken from their houses when told by the Mayor. Just hadn't paid attention to that and continued to the castle prison and they were there as well.

Fixed locally

It takes a village...

#37 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 06:00 PM

Bug List
Area = BH2020

Fixed Locally

Fixed Locally. (Ascue was seriously fubar'd)

Fixed Locally.

Fixed Locally.

6. Sometimes with bad luck when I enter Garrotten there are two spawns. One group is Ascur with a Guard who tells me that Arrness wants to talk to me and the other group consists of assasins trying to kill me. Whenever this happens the whole throne will be hostile after Ascur ports me and half of my group is dead after the black screen is gone. It also happened that my HC died and I got a game over. Fixed locally.

7. Not really a bug but still annoying. Holga the castle tells me that she will meet me in the theatre. However she never shows up. I looked it up in NI and didnīt see anything about her spawning there. Cheating her with Clua will give me the same dialog as the first time in the caste. I think there was never more programmed. You only get dialog from Balmorrow that she took off with Wilbur.

10. This is something very minor. Even after killing Qualton I couldnīt loot the chests and lockers in his room without someone calling the guards. Fixed Locally.

- Sometimes Abraham & co will give you the same text as if you meet them the first time if you talk to them again. Fixed
- Sometimes Abraham & co are still on their spot even thought it is said that they were taken by guards for questioning Fixed
- In the Arrness Castle are a few Orks without a skript (Maybe a BGT problem) Fixed
- Sometimes after entering Garrotten Ascur spawns multiple times Fixed

with kind regards

Moonie

I need to update translations, and then will make a new Bonehill main package release inclusive of all the dialog fixes. Should be soon.

It takes a village...

#38 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 06:03 PM

6. I killed the cleric and went to Peltar... and "oh, thanks Fabio..." again and again Posted Image((

So what should i do now? Can i change some kind of variable in my save or use CluaConsole again to end my quest or should i use teleport to BG or somethere else? Posted Image

Maybe this could help

Anyway, I went back to Restenford. confronted Pelltar. Showed him the documents first and then the letter from Qualton. He took both!! So later when I finally found Qualton, I didn't have the letter and he wouldn't fight Posted Image So I CLUAed BHNOTE1 and talked, we fought, I killed Posted Image Then talked to Pelltar again and teleported bacj to Wyrm's crossing. So, mod complete it seems eh?? Posted Image

How did you kill Qualton, the cleric?? If you force attacked him, the chain may break.

When you talk to Pelltar, he takes both the documents and the note (although the note is required to end the quest) and THEN asks you to kill Qualton. So, try "CLUAConsole:CreateItem("BHNOTE1")" (without quotes) before you kill Qualton and then talk to Pelltar.

Cheers,
Lol

This is all fixed locally for the next release. By the way, you don't need the note to complete Qualton, but you do need his dialog fixed to complete it properly.

It takes a village...

#39 Daulmakan

Daulmakan

Comfortably numb

• 1065 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 08:11 PM

erebusant, do you have an estimate date for the new release?

item_pack.jpg   Drows.jpg

#40 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 08:22 PM

erebusant, do you have an estimate date for the new release?

Working on the last language cross-reference now. Hopefully in the next couple of weeks.

It takes a village...