• Please log in to reply
466 replies to this topic

#461 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 12:39 PM

There are some thoughts about getting the files into a database and slit the work that has to be done.

Could it be automated (or semi-automated at least) from something like the mod news RSS feed? That only lists major updates (usually) or new releases, but possibly it could trigger whenver there's any new downloads, at least this forum has some sort of mechanism/listing in place for that, whenever a mod is updated.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
================================================================
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#462 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 01:11 PM

Well, there are about 1.2 MB pure data that needs to be put into databases. Lets just see if they manage to do it.

And it's not about a download-url and a more or less stupid version-number that makes people confident that it's the correct version. You will have to look at the changes/stuff that really matters, like new languages, new components, new conflicts or dependencies, maybe putting the mods into another place/order and other things.
So there'd be still manual labor to do for the guys that fill that database.

Let's stay put and see what happens, it's been 3 months since the last update, a few more weeks won't hurt anymore.

And at least the linklist already has a Changelog with multiple formats and Kerzenburg has an rss-feed. So maybe you'll get your wish granted.

Edited by dabus, 18 August 2011 - 02:40 PM.

THINK! - It's not illegal.

#463 shadowlich

shadowlich
  • 102 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 01:49 PM

Hope strongly that you'll succeeded with an auto update database.

I was one of the fool guy that try to make another GUI tool :) -- well in fact I am working alone
I changed my mind: cannot merge BWS + BWP + home made GUI; one reason is that their core engine are too much different, main reason is for easy auto-updating.
So I just try to make a BWP GUI wrapper.
Every thing is from BiG World v9.10 english.pdf, BiG World Install.bat, and its .ini file (meaning that they are always uptodate)

Quick description of the alpha version:
- unzip in your BGII - SoA folder (this will create a folder named InfinityWorld), then run InfinityWorld.exe
- menu Options/Configuration opens a dialog box with your config
- tab Mods/Comps displays each component (grid is sortable but color line seems weird after first sorting...)
- tab Batch displays the command.bat that will be created for your custom install
- tab build:
. left tree show the raw template infered from BWP.
. right tree show your custom build
. Ctrl + E: expand all
. Ctrl + H: hide all
. space: dis/activate an item (chapter/mod/comp/specification)
. enter: display a dialog box so you can enter a specific data (useful for sub component or user input)
. right click to show/hide disactivated items in the right tree
. I have a 26" screen, resolution is fine for me, dunno for smaller screen.
. .NET is required

TODO:
- Prepare command step (every thing before the "EDITING" line)
- Global specification (flag used by GOTO command)
- IF THEN ELSE command
- sub component as sub item
- mark/dis/activate groups
- easy user custom group

Don't know yet where I should/wanna go; my goal is something easy customizable, but this 2 words seems so contradictory in this case...
Any criticisms are welcome.

zip is here http://shadowlich.fr...nfinityWorld.7z

Attached Images

• alphaworld.JPG
  • alphaworld001.JPG

Edited by shadowlich, 20 August 2011 - 02:00 PM.

#464 dmxdex

dmxdex
  • 309 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 05:45 AM

Alot of the download links are broken for BWS 9.10.

#465 dmxdex

dmxdex
  • 309 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 05:50 AM

Hope strongly that you'll succeeded with an auto update database.

I was one of the fool guy that try to make another GUI tool :) -- well in fact I am working alone
I changed my mind: cannot merge BWS + BWP + home made GUI; one reason is that their core engine are too much different, main reason is for easy auto-updating.
So I just try to make a BWP GUI wrapper.
Every thing is from BiG World v9.10 english.pdf, BiG World Install.bat, and its .ini file (meaning that they are always uptodate)

Quick description of the alpha version:
- unzip in your BGII - SoA folder (this will create a folder named InfinityWorld), then run InfinityWorld.exe
- menu Options/Configuration opens a dialog box with your config
- tab Mods/Comps displays each component (grid is sortable but color line seems weird after first sorting...)
- tab Batch displays the command.bat that will be created for your custom install
- tab build:
. left tree show the raw template infered from BWP.
. right tree show your custom build
. Ctrl + E: expand all
. Ctrl + H: hide all
. space: dis/activate an item (chapter/mod/comp/specification)
. enter: display a dialog box so you can enter a specific data (useful for sub component or user input)
. right click to show/hide disactivated items in the right tree
. I have a 26" screen, resolution is fine for me, dunno for smaller screen.
. .NET is required

TODO:
- Prepare command step (every thing before the "EDITING" line)
- Global specification (flag used by GOTO command)
- IF THEN ELSE command
- sub component as sub item
- mark/dis/activate groups
- easy user custom group

Don't know yet where I should/wanna go; my goal is something easy customizable, but this 2 words seems so contradictory in this case...
Any criticisms are welcome.

zip is here http://shadowlich.fr...nfinityWorld.7z

Tool doesnt work. It crashes everytime i open it.

#466 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 11:58 AM

@dmxdex: What do you expect when it's said that the package is not maintained (for 4 months) and you can download the missing mods from here?
THINK! - It's not illegal.

#467 mr fantastic

mr fantastic
  • 119 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 12:03 AM

Hi all

have another problem with BWS, after extraction it doesn't recognize many mods that were extracted, I checked manually, they are, but it says that extraction failed.
Is that common problem? Is there any solution to that??

Cheers
I wanted infravison like the elves...But 'tis more than just taking their eyes

-Xzar