• Please log in to reply
339 replies to this topic

#281 Balathustrius

Balathustrius
  • 30 posts

Posted 24 February 2006 - 04:28 PM

Ooh, Byzantine influences! Sounds good.

Thanks for the info. B)

JCompton and Weimer, huh? And they got Quitch to write for them. Looking foward with interest.

Edited by Balathustrius, 24 February 2006 - 04:33 PM.

#282 Kellen

Kellen

Earn a person's heart, and they'll die a thousand deaths

• 7092 posts

Posted 27 February 2006 - 09:48 AM

What's it called?
"She could resist temptation. Really she could. Sometimes. At least when it wasn't tempting." - Calli Slythistle
"She was a fire, and I had no doubt that she had already done her share of burning." - Lord Firael Algathrin
"Most assume that all the followers of Lathander are great morning people. They're very wrong." - Tanek of Cloakwood

we are all adults playing a fantasy together, - cmorgan

#283 the bigg

the bigg

2083 is a prime number.

• Modder
  • 3331 posts

Posted 27 February 2006 - 09:52 AM

Broken Hourglass.

Italian users: help test the Stivan NPC!

Author or Co-Author: WeiDU - Widescreen - Generalized Biffing - Refinements - TB#Tweaks - IWD2Tweaks - TB#Characters - Traify Tool - Some mods that I won't mention in public
Maintainer: Semi-Multi Clerics - Nalia Mod - Nvidia Fix
Code dumps: Detect custom secondary types - Stutter Investigator

If possible, send diffs, translations and other contributions using Git.

#284 --Drasius--

--Drasius--

Posted 28 March 2006 - 08:01 PM

Broken Hourglass.

*Puts buy Broken Hourglass on to do list*

*Cheers team RTW on for what is hopefully the final leg*

#285 Drugar

Drugar
  • 26 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 01:07 AM

So...the Mod Gods of Baldur's Gate started a company.
Awesomeness. Do they have a site of any kind? Broken Hourglass doesn't do much on Google.

#286 SimDing0

SimDing0

GROUP ICON

• 1654 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 03:21 AM

There's no site yet. Rest assured that it'll become fairly apparent when there is. :)
Repeating cycle of pubes / no pubes.

A Comprehensive Listing of IE Mods

#287 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 13 May 2006 - 05:56 PM

Uh, with Quitch otherwise occupied, is work still being done or is the whole thing on hold for a while?

#288 Quitch

Quitch

Perfection

• Modder
  • 1132 posts

Posted 14 May 2006 - 01:34 AM

There is some work being done that I "sub-contracted" out.

#289 Michel

Michel

Damn. I'm good!

• 1003 posts

Posted 26 August 2006 - 01:17 PM

RtW exansion announced! Release date, March, 2010! :D

#290 -David Mallonee-

-David Mallonee-

Posted 17 October 2006 - 07:27 AM

To the RtW mod developers,
after all this time (and I've been silently watching this mod develop since the beginning) I have to ask if work is still being done or if it is on hold until Broken Hourglass is finished or if it is even going to be finished.

If RTW isn't gong to be finished would it be possible to release the content that does exist as a beta? It seems that the large sticking point on finishing RtW is the large amount of dialogue and the scripting for each encounter... would it not be preferable to look at what you have that is workable, figure out what is needed to make it semi-complete and playable, do that and release it to the community that has been waiting for it for years and years now? An imperfect release now is better than a perfect release next year or the year after or someday.

Maybe I'm wrong to ask and maybe you do have the right to not release RtW until it is perfect... it is your mod and no one is paying you to do it... and if I've become a whiny annoying fan complaining because you haven't entertained me on my timetable then I apoligize, as that wasn't my intent. But it seems that the RtW team has moved on and not bothered to tell anyone who is waiting for the finished product and that thought is very disappointing.

#291 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 17 October 2006 - 03:04 PM

I believe Quitch (one of the main writers for RtW) is currently in a contract with Planewalker Games, but has promised that as soon as that is finished he'll get right back to RtW. :)

#292 -David Mallonee-

-David Mallonee-

Posted 18 October 2006 - 10:08 AM

I believe Quitch (one of the main writers for RtW) is currently in a contract with Planewalker Games, but has promised that as soon as that is finished he'll get right back to RtW. :)

I know this... my question is whether or not this is actually going to happen or if RtW is going to go unfinished.
And if that is the case then could the RtW team release a beta version so that those of us who have been waiting for years to enjoy this mod can at least experience some of it.

Quitch has said that "The mod is playable from start to finish, and almost all major dialogue is in place."

If this is the case and the other work that still needs to be done in order to make the mod "perfect" is indefinitely on hold or may never happen then it seems perfectly reasonable to me that RtW could be released as a beta or alpha or omega. Something that the BG community could play. Anything. :D

#293 the bigg

the bigg

2083 is a prime number.

• Modder
  • 3331 posts

Posted 18 October 2006 - 10:39 AM

I can't speak for the team, but last time we discussed this, we agreed that we prefer to let the project die of old age, rather than releasing the current copy, where some key dialogues are still missing (or just in stub form), the gameplay needs to be heavily balanced, and there are major bugs in place.

Italian users: help test the Stivan NPC!

Author or Co-Author: WeiDU - Widescreen - Generalized Biffing - Refinements - TB#Tweaks - IWD2Tweaks - TB#Characters - Traify Tool - Some mods that I won't mention in public
Maintainer: Semi-Multi Clerics - Nalia Mod - Nvidia Fix
Code dumps: Detect custom secondary types - Stutter Investigator

If possible, send diffs, translations and other contributions using Git.

#294 Azkyroth

Azkyroth
  • Modder
  • 3496 posts

Posted 18 October 2006 - 03:01 PM

I can't speak for the team, but last time we discussed this, we agreed that we prefer to let the project die of old age, rather than releasing the current copy, where some key dialogues are still missing (or just in stub form), the gameplay needs to be heavily balanced, and there are major bugs in place.

And I suppose having someone else finish that (like Bons did for Keto) would be out of the question?

"Tyranny is a quiet thing at first, a prim and proper lady pursing her lips and shaking her head disapprovingly, asking, well what were you doing (wearing that dress, walking home at that hour, expressing those inappropriate thoughts) anyway? It's subtle and insidious, disguised as reasonable precautions which become more and more oppressive over time, until our lives are defined by the things we must avoid. She's easy enough to agree with, after all, she's only trying to help -- and yet she's one of the most dangerous influences we face, because if she prevails, it puts the raping, robbing, axe-wielding madmen of the world in complete control. Eventually they'll barely need to wield a thing, all they'll have to do is leer menacingly and we fall all over ourselves trying to placate them." -godlizard

#295 -David Mallonee-

-David Mallonee-

Posted 20 October 2006 - 11:06 AM

And I suppose having someone else finish that (like Bons did for Keto) would be out of the question?

I can't believe that after all this time the RtW team would let the project "die of old age" rather than release a beta or hand it off to someone else to finish it up. My cavalier Bhaalspawn is just standing around in Saradush waiting to return to the Windspear Hills. Waiting to meet a new npc and uncover the secrets of King Strohm's real tomb. Waiting, patiently.

Can nothing be done?

#296 Quitch

Quitch

Perfection

• Modder
  • 1132 posts

Posted 23 October 2006 - 09:32 AM

If I find myself unable to commit the time, or unable to get the others to do so, once I have finished working on The Broken Hourglass then I will see about releasing what we have.

I would rather my work didn't just vanish, and at the very least I would put all the dialogue into the public domain.

#297 Tassadar88

Tassadar88

Templar in Flames

• 1302 posts

Posted 23 October 2006 - 11:36 AM

Sure thing, there is a lot of us who have long been cheering for you until now-reading the forums and keeping our thumbs up, willing to wait.
Perfection has no deadline-take as long as you need, but please, do not let the project vanish-and our hopes ;)
The Mind is its own place and in itself - can make a Heaven of Hell, a Hell of Heaven. -John Milton, Paradise lost

#298 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 23 October 2006 - 02:52 PM

If necessary, I'd be willing to drop all my other projects for a while to help get RtW done - it is by far one of my favourite mods. Quitch, if you need any help with writing (and even WeiDU, though I'm not terribly talented at coding) just give me a shout and I'll send you some examples of my work to take a look at.

#299 Tassadar88

Tassadar88

Templar in Flames

• 1302 posts

Posted 23 October 2006 - 10:25 PM

And also-I have absolutely no experence with modmaking in any of its forms, but if I can help you with anything- meaning writing, rewriting or checking dialogues, playtesting, commenting, you name it- IŽll be happy to*T
;)
The Mind is its own place and in itself - can make a Heaven of Hell, a Hell of Heaven. -John Milton, Paradise lost

#300 -David Mallonee-

-David Mallonee-

Posted 24 October 2006 - 06:06 AM

First, Quitch, thank you for responding.

While I have no skill at coding or WEIDU modding I will also volunteer myself to help RtW get finished and releaseable in any way that I can. My e-mail is dvmallonee@hotmail.com

Good luck on Broken Hourglass, by the way. I hope it is well made and successful.