Photo

New area created

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#21 jk1989jk

jk1989jk
  • 26 posts

Posted 16 May 2009 - 06:28 AM

here are two new areas ive created fully playable jus havent added anything to the areas yet ready for playtesting or for modding enjoy!

ww0100.JPG
ww0200.JPG

#22 Thanatos.

Thanatos.
  • 474 posts

Posted 16 May 2009 - 04:18 PM

Nice! The stairs in the bottom left corner of the second one look a bit wonky, but other than that it looks great.

#23 Icendoan

Icendoan

"An Infinite Deal of Nothing"

• 1723 posts

Posted 16 May 2009 - 10:58 PM

They look like an impossible construction to me. unless it is the side of a hill. :)

Icen
Proud member of the 'I HATE Elminster!' Club!

Mods in development: Keeping Yoshimo

#24 Azkyroth

Azkyroth
  • Modder
  • 3496 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 02:49 AM

They look like an impossible construction to me. unless it is the side of a hill. :)

Icen

They are.

"Tyranny is a quiet thing at first, a prim and proper lady pursing her lips and shaking her head disapprovingly, asking, well what were you doing (wearing that dress, walking home at that hour, expressing those inappropriate thoughts) anyway? It's subtle and insidious, disguised as reasonable precautions which become more and more oppressive over time, until our lives are defined by the things we must avoid. She's easy enough to agree with, after all, she's only trying to help -- and yet she's one of the most dangerous influences we face, because if she prevails, it puts the raping, robbing, axe-wielding madmen of the world in complete control. Eventually they'll barely need to wield a thing, all they'll have to do is leer menacingly and we fall all over ourselves trying to placate them." -godlizard

#25 --jk1989jk--

--jk1989jk--

Posted 17 May 2009 - 03:55 AM

yh i just noticed that myself i think the stairs above will be sectioned off to look like a higher platform

#26 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 02:14 AM

Some of your buildings have no shadows at all, or the shadows go off in different directions. Other than that, these have good potential.

By "fully playable" though, do you mean you've also created the tilesets, wall outlines, search/height/light maps etc. that go with playable areas? If so, that really is great work.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#27 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 02:23 AM

Well, from what I understand they're created automatically with IETME.

The best way to create an area, IMO (besides modelling it, of course), is to create it in Photoshop, where you have a lot more power over what's actually happening, and then use DLTCEP to make it into an area. DLTCEP is deceptively simple to use in this respect, it just takes a bit of reading up and practice. :)

#28 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 02:33 AM

DLTCEP is deceptively simple to use in this respect, it just takes a bit of reading up and practice. :)

Compton's occlusion mapper might be an improvement over DLTCEP, for wall mapping at least.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#29 jk1989jk

jk1989jk
  • 26 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 06:02 AM

Some of your buildings have no shadows at all, or the shadows go off in different directions. Other than that, these have good potential.

By "fully playable" though, do you mean you've also created the tilesets, wall outlines, search/height/light maps etc. that go with playable areas? If so, that really is great work.

yes the maps have walls and search maps so the npcs can go where they are supposed to go and there is shading behind the walls. there may be a few walls or search regions i missed i only quickly went over them.

#30 Solaufein

Solaufein

No fate but what we make

• Modder
  • 263 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 09:35 PM

Those are very nice areas. Good job.
Her lips were red, her looks were free
Her locks were as yellow as gold
Her skin was white as leprosy.
The Nightmare Life-in-Death was she,
Who thicks man's blood with cold.

Samuel Taylor Coleridge

http://teambg.net
The Undying

#31 jk1989jk

jk1989jk
  • 26 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 01:04 PM

Can I suggest you save them as jpeg rather than .gif? Chances are it'll look much better, and might even load faster, as well.

no probs K'aeloree this new map is in jpeg and is a very old and overgrown graveyard long forgotten i will also post this in the saverok romance post as requested, this is the first design and may be edited:)

another new area post snowy town :)

Attached Images

• aaa0100.gif

#32 Zyraen

Zyraen
  • Modder
  • 1402 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 05:39 AM

Wow Awesome...

kiyos.jpg____btlbn2.gif____kovaS.jpg
Love between a Law Enforcer and a Fugitive - can such a thing even happen?
SoA Release - Overview / Download Links

Zyraen's Miscellaneous Mods - Ust Natha Accelerator, item tweaks, XP caps, The Ub3r Reaver Kit, and much more...
Spellhold Gauntlet - more than just a Spellhold-Be-Gone
Hidden Kits - hidden dual-classed kits with a twist for progression

#33 Kuugen

Kuugen
  • 81 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 01:11 AM

Is that just me or does the "snow" look more like "Ice" in the last map? Could be an explanation why the snow seems to have a blinding effect ( on me at least. bright. so bright. )

#34 jk1989jk

jk1989jk
  • 26 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 11:38 AM

Is that just me or does the "snow" look more like "Ice" in the last map? Could be an explanation why the snow seems to have a blinding effect ( on me at least. bright. so bright. )

yep your right there, reason is there were three available snow tiles i choose the ligthest with the least detail as i drawn the tiles to the map. the darker tiles of snow had more detail and when drawn were more clearly repeatative and looked unnatural.

#35 Picollo

Picollo
  • 65 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 02:44 AM

Because I've do not wanted to make new topic, I'm posting my area here:

Posted Image

It's almost fully playable (I've don't made regions, and exits yet, but walls, lightmap, search regions etc. are prepared). If somebody wants to get full area, please PM

Edited by Picollo, 30 June 2010 - 02:46 AM.

#36 Picollo

Picollo
  • 65 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 05:31 AM

And another area:

Posted Image

#37 Eric P.

Eric P.

Journeyman Modder

• 1178 posts

Donator

Posted 03 July 2010 - 07:39 AM

And another area:

Posted Image

That map is beautiful, and looks like it could be used for a number of different things :) Great work!

Cheers,
Eric

Working and playing on a Mac Pro 6,1 running Mac OS X 10.13.6 High Sierra, and a Mac Pro 3,1 running Mac OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan.

~Buion na 'ell! I serve with joy! Your eyes and ears I shall be. Let us hunt together!~
- Erysseril Gwaethorien: a joinable, romanceable NPC mod for BGII - SoA/ToB, in sporadic development.

A female elf warrior of nature and a Bhaalspawn cross paths during their quests, joining forces to share adventure and companionship. Will they find more?

#38 Picollo

Picollo
  • 65 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 08:08 AM

I've been thinking about making some areas, without any quest, and maybe some monsters, and make from them mod, that could make BG2 more like BG1. It means, that traveling from Athkatla to Trademeet, Windspear, etc would require to travel though 3-4 areas. But it will take much time, and work, so I'm going to post also other areas (when i'll make them of course ;)) and maybe somebody inspired by them will get idea on some cool mod .

#39 Ipsissimus

Ipsissimus

[Insert witty statement]

• 356 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 11:40 AM

Very nice work on both areas :) I particularly like the building in the second one. And "transition areas" would be very cool indeed. Plus, it would allow modders to use relatively uncrowded areas for their NPCs/quests/whatever else, since some of the existing areas are getting pretty packed.
And the mirror, it reflects a tiny dancing skeleton, surrounded by a fleshy overcoat and swaddled in
A furry hat, elastic mask, a pair of shiny marble dice, some people call them snake-eyes, but to me they look like mice
-- "Nothing's gonna change my clothes", They Might Be Giants

#40 Picollo

Picollo
  • 65 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 04:50 AM

And another area.
An ruined guard tower, and some secret things in forest.

Posted Image