Replacement Baldur's Gate sewer lighting for BGTuTu

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#21 Icendoan

Icendoan

"An Infinite Deal of Nothing"

• 1723 posts

Posted 23 May 2009 - 03:02 PM

Either way, it looks like this unfortunate merchant has he foot half-stuck in the top of the beam!

Icen
Proud member of the 'I HATE Elminster!' Club!

Mods in development: Keeping Yoshimo

#22 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 23 May 2009 - 05:49 PM

Either way, it looks like this unfortunate merchant has he foot half-stuck in the top of the beam!

Well let's hope it's not any worse than what Rupert's gonna stick him with on the way out, if he makes it that far.

:ph34r:

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#23 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 07:00 AM

german/sewers.tra
@1 = ~Ersetzt die Baldur's Gate Kanalisationsbeleuchtung fuer BG TuTu/BGT/Baldur's Gate~

I'd be grateful if you could give me the translation for 'Replacement lightmaps for BG TuTu/BGT/Baldur's Gate' as it looks like I'm going to be overhauling quite a few areas. I've just done all six levels of the Iron Throne and I'm aware of at least two more areas that are just plain wrong.

Sure. And I'll let the other translators know, that they can easily translate your mod here.

LANGUAGE ~English~ ~English~ ~sewerlighting/english/sewers.tra~
LANGUAGE ~Deutsch~ ~German~ ~sewerlighting/german/sewers.tra~

english/sewers.tra
@1 = ~Replacement lightmaps for BG TuTu/BGT/Baldur's Gate~
@2 = ~This mod is not compatible with your platform - please check your install path.~

german/sewers.tra
@1 = ~Ersetzt die Kartenbeleuchtungen fuer BG TuTu/BGT/Baldur's Gate~
@2 = ~Diese Modifikation ist nicht kompatibel mit deiner Plattform - bitte pruefe deinen Installationspfad~

Greetings Leomar
A Megamod does not mean that you can play all of the mods or all of their content,
but you have more choices or paths through the game.
- Chevalier

BiG World Project - Big Baldur's Gate World

#24 ilot

ilot
  • 574 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 10:44 AM

german/sewers.tra
@1 = ~Ersetzt die Baldur's Gate Kanalisationsbeleuchtung fuer BG TuTu/BGT/Baldur's Gate~

I'd be grateful if you could give me the translation for 'Replacement lightmaps for BG TuTu/BGT/Baldur's Gate' as it looks like I'm going to be overhauling quite a few areas. I've just done all six levels of the Iron Throne and I'm aware of at least two more areas that are just plain wrong.

Sure. And I'll let the other translators know, that they can easily translate your mod here.

english/sewers.tra
@2 = ~This mod is not compatible with your platform - please check your install path.~

german/sewers.tra
@1 = ~Ersetzt die Kartenbeleuchtungen fuer BG TuTu/BGT/Baldur's Gate~
@2 = ~Diese Modifikation ist nicht kompatibel mit deiner Plattform - bitte pruefe deinen Installationspfad~

Greetings Leomar

I hope to be in time for insert the italian translation ^_^

For italian language:

LANGUAGE ~Italian~ ~Italian~ ~sewerlighting/english/sewers.tra~

english/sewers.tra

italian/sewers.tra
@1 = ~Sostituzione della grafica luminosa per BG TuTu/BGT/Baldur's Gate~
@2 = ~Questo mod non é compatibile con la tua piattaforma - controlla il percorso della tua installazione.~

Edited by ilot, 24 May 2009 - 10:52 AM.

Italian mods tanslator!!!!

#25 Graoumf

Graoumf
  • 594 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 12:55 PM

And for the french one, translated by Le Marquis (of the d'Oghmatiques):

french/sewers.tra
@1 = ~Modification de l'eclairage des egouts de la Porte de Baldur pour BG TuTu/BGT/Baldur's Gate~
@2 = ~Ce mod n'est pas compatible avec votre installation de Baldur's Gate - verifiez le chemin d'installation s'il vous plait.~

With this code in the .tp2 file:
LANGUAGE ~French~ ~french~ ~sewerlighting/french/sewers.tra~

Edited by Graoumf, 24 May 2009 - 12:56 PM.

#26 Immortality

Immortality

Love Boat Captain

• 1616 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 11:54 PM

Spanish:

@1 = ~Cambios a los mapas de luz para BG TuTu/BGT/Baldur's Gate~
@2 = ~Este mod no es compatible con tu plataforma. Por favor, comprueba el directorio de instalacion.~
CLAN DLAN, your friendly neighborhood spanish community. Woo!

I am a retired translator. If you need my assistance, or need somebody to translate something for you, you can send me a PM. I don't check SHS regularly. Thanks!! : D

#27 Yovaneth

Yovaneth

The newly-appointed Master Builder of Baldur's Gate

• Modder
  • 3058 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 02:44 AM

Thank you everyone!!

I'll be releasing the new version as soon as I have finished exploring Baldur's Gate city. Each time I find a lightmap that is 'wrong', I stop playing, correct the lightmap and then go back to playing the game. I created new lightmaps for the basilisk warehouse and Noralee's warehouse last night and I know that at least one inn is still wrong (if I can find it again - gah!).

-Y-

#28 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 08:28 AM

I'll be releasing the new version as soon as I have finished exploring Baldur's Gate city.

They got pretty sloppy toward the end of BG1, didn't they. What about TotSC? I seem to recall some suboptimal lighting in Durlag's Tower and the like. I know for fact a lot of the CREs and other resources have invalid stats and the like.

Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#29 Yovaneth

Yovaneth

• Modder
  • 3058 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 11:15 AM

I'll keep an eye open when I get to Durlag's Tower - two eyes in fact (spot the quote?). Also Ulgoth's Beard: updates will come in batches. And yes, it does look like they got sloppy. The lightmap for Noralee's warehouse was the same as the basilisk warehouse and looked nothing like the actual lighting. I built a new one from scratch - took all of five minutes.

-Y-

Edited by Yovaneth, 25 May 2009 - 12:49 PM.

#30 Yovaneth

Yovaneth

• Modder
  • 3058 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 01:18 AM

I've now also done all of the Baldur's Gate city night light maps. I've asked someone for some feedback, so I hope to find out if they are as good as *I* think they are :devil:

-Y-

#31 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 02:19 AM

I've asked someone for some feedback, so I hope to find out if they are as good as *I* think they are

It's been so long since I've prowled around Baldur's Gate city at night that I wouldn't remember what they used to look like, but judging from the maps and screenshots, I've no doubt they're an improvement. :cheers:

#32 Yovaneth

Yovaneth

• Modder
  • 3058 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 10:38 AM

It's been so long since I've prowled around Baldur's Gate city at night that I wouldn't remember what they used to look like, but judging from the maps and screenshots, I've no doubt they're an improvement. :cheers:

Ah! - so you'd rather hole up in the 'Helm And Stars' rather than find some other poor orc to pick a fight with? :D. Under the original maps you were either blue (as in the Sewers Disco) or yellow if you were unfortunate enough to wander underneath a light. I think I've visited just about all of the buildings in the City by now, so an initial release may well follow soon.

-Y-

#33 Salk

Salk
  • Modder
  • 1411 posts

Donator

Posted 07 June 2009 - 10:09 PM

Great job!

Hope to see more of this! :cheers:

#34 Yovaneth

Yovaneth

• Modder
  • 3058 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 04:30 PM

Download of twenty-nine new maps for Baldur's Gate available here in the Downloads section. This is ongoing: I think I've gotten all of Baldur's Gate city but I know that Durlag's Tower is in dire need of a change of lightbulbs. Included in the zipfile is a folder called 'compares'; in 'compares' are two jpegs that are composite before-and-after images of just eight areas.

-Y-

#35 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 11:06 PM

Included in the zipfile is a folder called 'compares'; in 'compares' are two jpegs that are composite before-and-after images of just eight areas.

2 .bmp's.
Hope you don't mind... :cheers: ...the files in the folder, in .png format, so the forum shows them and we don't loose quality.
Before:
Posted Image
After:
Posted Image

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#36 Yovaneth

Yovaneth

• Modder
  • 3058 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 01:55 AM

No problem - I really should have done it myself.

-Y-

#37 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 09 June 2009 - 07:31 AM

So your recently released "Replacement lightmaps for Baldur's Gate city" supercedes and includes the new sewer lighting? If so, perhaps you should edit the first post in this thread (and maybe even lock this one) and direct people to the new thread.

#38 -bobbeurke-

-bobbeurke-

Posted 26 July 2015 - 06:42 AM

Would it be possible to have a download link, plz ?

Thank you in advance.

Best Regards;