Huge install

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 ShadowWolf

ShadowWolf
  • 14 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 09:35 PM

Hello :)

I have been playing BG/tosc and bg2 off and on for along time, i just finished bg2 for the first time 2 days ago lol.

Anyway, i hate to admit it but when it comes to the mods i am so confused, all i would like to do is install the most mods possible with the most items and content, so that me and a friend can play in the biggest bg world possible.

but there are so many mods, i know i want BGT, Big picture, Darkside of the sword coast, unfinished business, and as many other mods as possible.

there are so many its hard to figure out whats what and what works with what.

i have the 2 dvd 2 cd edition of BG/tosc BG2/throne.

if someone has done this, would you please post back with the mod names and order of install, so that i can play test before the week of July 20th, as i am going to be 1900 miles from home visiting, and will at that time try to set up the same mods with a friend so we can play online together with the most content and items possible?

Please.

#2 Icendoan

Icendoan

"An Infinite Deal of Nothing"

• 1723 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 10:03 PM

You are looking for the BiG World Project. It aims to install the most mods stably on one game. :)

You can find the BiG World Setup file in the Mega Mod section of the downloads.

Notes, make sure to uncheck Haiass, and the Widescreen Mod, as they have some faults.

Widescreen is installed last anyway, so you can feel free to download it and install it normally after the installation.

This process will take several hours. :)

Icen
Proud member of the 'I HATE Elminster!' Club!

Mods in development: Keeping Yoshimo

#3 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 11:44 PM

Notes, make sure to uncheck Haiass, and the Widescreen Mod, as they have some faults.

The fault is not with Haiass but with the BiG World Fixpack as described here (it overwrites the mod's tp2 installer with an older version). Just delete the "Haiass" folder from the BiG World Fixpack once you unpack it, until the BWP folks fix this. It's not necessary for the latest version of Haiass (v2.1 here) which should work fine with BWP assuming you get that latest version and don't overwrite it with the "fix." The BWP stuff is here.

Not sure why you say Widescreen has issues. But you definitely do not want to install the biffing component (the last mod usually) until you have tested your game and are happy with it (apart from any lag) because you can't make changes after that, so it's several hours down the drain.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#4 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 12:42 AM

Not sure why you say Widescreen has issues. But you definitely do not want to install the biffing component (the last mod usually) until you have tested your game and are happy with it (apart from any lag) because you can't make changes after that, so it's several hours down the drain.

The WeiDU.exe in v210(called setup-widescreen.exe) is non-compressed .exe... and it can cause this.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#5 ShadowWolf

ShadowWolf
  • 14 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 07:24 AM

Thank you for the pointer,

I went to that download page and found several things related to the big project, and downloaded all that i though would apply.

but i am now a little confused because of some of the other answer talking about replacing 1 internal mod with another external?

so are you guys saying that i should install all the files related to the big world, but to say no to the wide screen thing and dl another 1 instead and install it separate?

Thanks

/

#6 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 08:14 AM

Thank you for the pointer,

I went to that download page and found several things related to the big project, and downloaded all that i though would apply.

but i am now a little confused because of some of the other answer talking about replacing 1 internal mod with another external?

so are you guys saying that i should install all the files related to the big world, but to say no to the wide screen thing and dl another 1 instead and install it separate?

Thanks

Well, when you load the BiG World Setup, and use to as the tool to download everything you need, you should push the "Further customization of the settings" box so it's selected, and then you need to remove the mods we said from the list you are presented with. And then manually download the v2.1 Haiass, Widescreen mod, and the General Bizzing, for different reasons...

#7 ShadowWolf

ShadowWolf
  • 14 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 10:56 AM

Thank you guys for helping me out,

Now because it has been said that this thing takes hours to do, i am going to list the files i have to install and ask if i have everything right, and if there is any order to these installs.

BG install, tosc install and patch below.

BGTalesUS5512

---------------------------------------------------------------

BG2 install, Throne install and patch below.

BGII-ThroneofBhaal_Patch_26498_ENGLISH

----------------------------------------------------------------

then these files *

BiG_World_Setup_7.0 *

BGT_NPCSound_v2 *

BiG_World_Fixpack_v7 *

BiG_World_Installpack_v7 *

BiG_World_Textpack_v7 *

BWS_20090526 *

Mid_biff_v2.1 *

End_biff_v2.1 *

all these files i put into one folder to them selves so that i can duplicate this huge install if and when needed, also can i add the to BG tosc?

----------------------------------------------------

these are files i have run with BG/Tosc and really liked, but will they work or are they included in the big world?

DSotSC103BFull

BG1UB_v6

VB6pkg

Vault_v5

FotDv107

comForge_V101

BG1-ease

some of the items from these installs are just so cool, like the mages staff, shandlars cloak, robe of the abyss, lots of new spells lots of new sword including some katana's....

can you guys please tell me, if what i have will work or if i should just stick to the one folder as per *

Also one last thing, can you recomend a easy gaming site that me and a friend could play this big world on once i have it right?

i never could get gamspy to launch correctly with my main system and my laptop...i do not know if it was a shared ip problem or what, both installs were identical, and patched.

thank you in advance.

#8 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 12:11 PM

and if there is any order to these installs.

Just run the BiG World Setup file and it will take care of the order...

all these files i put into one folder to them selves so that i can duplicate this huge install if and when needed, also can i add the to BG tosc?

You should put the archives into a folder called "BiG World Downloads"...

these are files i have run with BG/Tosc and really liked, but will they work or are they included in the big world?
DSotSC103BFull
BG1UB_v6
Vault_v5
comForge_V101
BG1-ease

Those mods have all been adjusted to BGT(the UBforBG1 is even in the same package), so the BiG World Setup will download the latest proper versions for the BGT to the download section named in the BiG World Setup.
Now, what you need to do is to make sure you have both the BG1+BG1TotSC and the BG2:SoA+ToB totally clean none modified games, as the BGT requires clean BG1 game...

FotDv107
VB6pkg

Nobody has tried and succeeded to convert the FotD mod to as BG2 mod(BGT or BGTutu), so it's out... the other is not familiar to me right now. As for the items, there are plenty of overpowered items especially if you do not use the BP-balance.

Also one last thing, can you recomend a easy gaming site that me and a friend could play this big world on once i have it right?

I have no idea, someone else might have better knowledge, but know that your both installs need to be exact the same fr you to have any chance of co-playing...

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 08 June 2009 - 12:16 PM.

#9 ShadowWolf

ShadowWolf
  • 14 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 10:02 AM

Hey Guys,

I am having trouble with the big world project.

I did a complete uninstall, of BG and BG2, then deleted the folders that were left.

I put the big world folders and download folder into the BG2 directory, then ran the bg world setup file, this is what it said the first time:

The "Baldur's Gate II" folder you entered is not correct. It is important that this folder is named correctly. Please close the "BiG World Setup", rename the folder to "BGII - SoA" and put it in the same folder as "Baldur's Gate".
Open the baldur.ini in the BG2 folder with a texteditor like notepad and go to [ALIAS] to change the correct BG2 folder in the lines.
Start the BWS and select the "BGII - SoA" directory again.
The "Baldur's Gate II" folder you entered does not contain a full installation. At least the file CD5\Movies\25movies.bif is missing.
Copy it from your CD/DVD if you did a full installation.
If not, do a new BG2 install.
The "Baldur's Gate II" folder you entered does not contain a current version. Please download and install the official ToB-patch of BioWare, otherwise you will encounter various already fixed errors.

The thing is, my folders are exactly as the default full install put them just as this error said they needed to be.

I ran it a second time and got these error's :

I did the full install, i always do, because i have the room and do not want to swapping disks.

The "Baldur's Gate" folder you entered does not contain a full installation. The following files are missing:

data\Area000A.bif
data\Area000B.bif
data\Area000C.bif
data\Area000D.bif
data\Area000E.bif
data\Area000F.bif
data\Area000G.bif
data\Area000H.bif
data\Area010A.bif
data\Area010B.bif
data\Area020A.bif
data\Area020B.bif
data\Area030A.bif
data\Area030B.bif
data\Area040X.bif
data\Area050D.bif
data\Area060A.bif
data\Area070A.bif
data\Area080A.bif
data\Area080B.bif
data\Area090X.bif
data\Area0100.bif
data\Area110A.bif
data\Area110B.bif
data\Area110C.bif
data\Area120A.bif
data\Area120B.bif
data\Area130A.bif
data\Area140A.bif
data\Area140B.bif
data\Area160X.bif
data\Area180A.bif
data\Area180B.bif
data\Area180C.bif
data\Area180D.bif
data\Area180E.bif
data\Area190X.bif
data\Area0200.bif
data\Area210X.bif
data\Area220X.bif
data\Area230A.bif
data\Area230B.bif
data\Area260A.bif
data\Area260B.bif
data\Area260C.bif
data\Area0300.bif
data\Area320X.bif
data\Area330A.bif
data\Area330B.bif
data\Area330C.bif
data\Area330D.bif
data\Area340X.bif
data\Area360X.bif
data\Area380X.bif
data\Area390X.bif
data\Area0400.bif
data\Area400X.bif
data\Area410X.bif
data\Area420X.bif
data\Area440X.bif
data\Area450X.bif
data\Area470X.bif
data\Area480X.bif
data\Area490X.bif
data\Area500X.bif
data\Area510X.bif
data\Area520X.bif
data\Area540A.bif
data\Area540B.bif
data\Area540C.bif
data\Area540D.bif
data\Area550X.bif
data\Area0600.bif
data\Area0700.bif
data\Area0800.bif
data\Area0900.bif
data\Area1100.bif
data\Area1200.bif
data\Area1300.bif
data\Area1400.bif
data\Area1600.bif
data\Area1700.bif
data\Area1800.bif
data\Area1900.bif
data\Area2100.bif
data\Area2200.bif
data\Area2300.bif
data\Area2400.bif
data\Area2600.bif
data\Area2700.bif
data\Area2800.bif
data\Area2900.bif
data\Area3000.bif
data\Area3100.bif
data\Area3200.bif
data\Area3300.bif
data\Area3400.bif
data\Area3500.bif
data\Area3600.bif
data\Area3700.bif
data\Area3800.bif
data\Area3900.bif
data\Area4000.bif
data\Area4100.bif
data\Area4200.bif
data\Area4300.bif
data\Area4400.bif
data\Area4500.bif
data\Area4600.bif
data\Area4700.bif
data\Area4800.bif
data\Area4900.bif
data\Area5000.bif
data\Area5100.bif
data\Area5200.bif
data\Area5300.bif
data\Area5400.bif
data\Area5500.bif
data\Area050A.bif
data\Area050B.bif
data\Area050C.bif
data\Area100A.bif
data\Area150A.bif
data\Area200A.bif
data\Area200B.bif
data\Area0500.bif
data\Area1000.bif
data\Area1500.bif
data\Area2000.bif
data\Areas.bif
data\ARMisc.bif
data\CHAAnim.bif
data\CHASound.bif
data\CREAnim.bif
data\Creature.bif
data\CRESound.bif
data\Default.bif
data\Dialog.bif
data\Effects.bif
data\Gui.bif
data\Items.bif
data\MPCREANM.bif
data\MPGUI.bif
data\MPSounds.bif
data\NPCSound.bif
data\OBJAnim.bif
data\RndEncnt.bif
data\scripts.bif
data\SFXSound.bif
data\Spells.bif
data\ExArMaps.bif
data\ExPAreas.bif
movies\MOVIECD1.bif
movies\MOVIECD2.bif
movies\MOVIECD3.bif
movies\MOVIECD4.bif
movies\MOVIECD5.bif
movies\MOVIECD6.bif
chitin.key
BGMain2.exe

Copy them from your CD/DVD if you did a full installation.
If it's not possible, consider doing a new BG1 install.The "Baldur's Gate" folder you entered does not contain a current version. Please download and install the official ToSC-patch of BioWare, otherwise you will encounter various already fixed errors.

all of those files are where they are supposed to be, i did a microsoft search of the Black isle folder and found : data\Area000A.bif 4 separate times.

right now i am copying all of the cd directories from the BG dvd to the BG folder and the same for BG2

Thanks in advance.

#10 ShadowWolf

ShadowWolf
  • 14 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 10:27 AM

Sorry guys,

I figured out what was wrong, it was looking for the current install directories in the left hand panel, and their default was the black isle folder, when i use the little 3 dot bar beside the and set it to the actual install folder it took off and started working just fine.

Sorry guys

#11 ShadowWolf

ShadowWolf
  • 14 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 04:43 PM

Hey Guys,

Ummm i started a new BG/tosc game after that huge install of the big world got done, and nothing has changed, at least when i installed Darkside there was a red dragon head, but my BG1 looks just like the plain jane bg1?

wasnt the big world supposed to change bg?

#12 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 06:25 PM

wasnt the big world supposed to change bg?

No, it merges all the BG1 content into BG2 (which becomes BGT/BWP or whatever). So start BG2 instead.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#13 ShadowWolf

ShadowWolf
  • 14 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 09:18 AM

Thank you i did start BG2 and to my surprise instead of shadows of amn and throne it was BG1 and throne.

also to my surprise you can choose a kit in bg1 just like shadows i am so stoked!

one question remains, are all the places shown on the world map places you can actually go?

and can you travel back to say bergost from say watchers tower?

Thanks

#14 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 10:52 AM

one question remains, are all the places shown on the world map places you can actually go?
and can you travel back to say bergost from say watchers tower?

No and no. The Worldmap is huge and way too large for 1 or 2 games, but that's the purpose, as we want to be able to go anyplace eventually a moder comes up with. The BGT has a transition point from BG1 to BG2, as the original BG2:SoA had for BG2:ToB, and that's also still there.

#15 grogerson

grogerson
  • 90 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 07:36 PM

FotDv107
VB6pkg

Nobody has tried and succeeded to convert the FotD mod to as BG2 mod(BGT or BGTutu), so it's out... the other is not familiar to me right now. As for the items, there are plenty of overpowered items especially if you do not use the BP-balance.

VB6pkg goes way back (before WeiDU) and is, as far as I know, not necessary.

#16 ShadowWolf

ShadowWolf
  • 14 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 07:52 PM

One of the things i have learned about rpg's is that quests have you running here and there to do them, i think it would be so cool, if we could travel at any time, between the sword coast and amn, and throne, talk about running to find an item in throne that you need in BG.

and what would blow my mind, would be to combine, all the bioware games into one, BG1/Tosc, BG2/Throne, Icewind Dale1, Icewind Dale2, Plainscape torment. yes torment is single player, but i can still hope.

I have often day dreamed about seeing all of the rpg's i have played being combined into one super huge world, going back to dark sun, world of xeen, dragon lore, the Krynn series, even diablo 1 & 2 i mean every good rpg out there combined into one super huge gaming world.

every old game being redone with the best gaming engine and combined and having quests that span all the games in one never ending story because monsters respawn and new quests are created randomly so that such a game never truly ends, and maybe some quests involve fighting other people online to do.

hey its my fantasy and it would be a world of unimaginable proportions!

#17 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 01:18 AM

and what would blow my mind, would be to combine, all the bioware games into one, BG1/Tosc, BG2/Throne, Icewind Dale1, Icewind Dale2, Plainscape torment.

Well, There is BGT that combines the 2 first, the IwDinBG2(currently on Beta) that combines the BG2/Throne and Icewind Dale1+HoW+TotLM (so you are using the BG2 engine to play IwD1).

#18 ShadowWolf

ShadowWolf
  • 14 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 07:57 PM

well i am pleased to see that IWD will be added to the big world project?

i am playing now with a party, my new kensai, Jeheria, kalhid, safana, kira silverstone the bard at the circus, and imoen.

my settings are on the easyest, and i just got to the cloakwoods where i am getting stomped into the ground losing characters right and left.... i should have known something was not quite right at the bandit camp where my first little incursion at the edge of the camp brought the whole camp down on us.

every bandit that was in or near that camp came to where we saw the first hobgoblins at the closest hut to the stone pathway.

i dont see how people can play on the harder levels when the easy level is harder than the hard level of the pre big world BG1 lol

and the mages like tranzig, they dont figtht like they used too, 1 mage can be difficult, and i am not looking forward to the cloakwood mines now, because i have a bad feeling daveron is gonna be a pain lol.

oh well maybe ill start over and try a wizard slayer.

#19 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 01:06 AM

oh well maybe ill start over and try a wizard slayer.

Or you perhaps shouldn't install the SCS and SCSII as they make the fights like that, as the enemy scripts are updated... a lot by those mods, and some others, but the SCS is the primary, in those fights.

#20 -Hominicus-

-Hominicus-

Posted 04 January 2010 - 08:12 AM

I have the:

The "Baldur's Gate II" folder you entered does not contain a full installation. At least the file CD5\Movies\25movies.bif is missing.
Copy it from your CD/DVD if you did a full installation.
If not, do a new BG2 install.

I`ve installed the games on the D: partition - they`re both patched. I have the Polish 1 DVD "Saga Baldur`s Gate" edition. 25movies.bif is in the "D:\bgII SoA\Movies" folder.

Can anyone help?