Photo

Ultimate Planescape: Torment installation guide

• Please log in to reply
234 replies to this topic

#181 -PinchIt-

-PinchIt-

Posted 18 June 2013 - 03:53 PM

I have had this recently to. The only way I could install was to install the game and patches in safe mode.

I have to install BG, BG2 and Icewind dale in safe mode as well.

#182 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 19 June 2013 - 01:12 AM

Well, fooled around yesterday and ended up closing all open programs, killing all "unnessasary" processes and then the installer worked.

Following the excellent guide, I am now enjoying my very first playthrough of PS:T :clap:

#183 ThunderPeel2001

ThunderPeel2001
  • 74 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 07:54 AM

http://thunderpeel20...lly-modded.html

Hi! Great guide, thanks! One important thing. widescreen-v3.05 causes lots of trouble (ingame crashes), please update your guide. I strongly recommend to use v3.06 (still in development).

This is news to me! Are you sure about this?

#184 aqrit

aqrit
  • 132 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 08:43 AM

Are you sure about this?

http://www.shsforums...-12#entry557351

details:

http://forums.gibber...showtopic=25170

http://forums.gibber...showtopic=25162

#185 -vsync man-

-vsync man-

Posted 29 June 2013 - 12:43 PM

could someone pls help me? i NEED vsync when i play in higher resolutions, i installed the high resolution mod and the screentearing is unbearable! i use the gog version of the game and luckily i CAN play without graphic mods but i WANT to play with higher resolutions. i run a radeon 7850 2gb

#186 aqrit

aqrit
  • 132 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 10:39 PM

1. Don't hijack threads

2. Read ie-ddrawfix's readme to learn how it effects vsync.

3. Fog of War flicker on high resolutions can not be fixed, without a mod ( which doesn't exist ) to modify fog-of-war to make the checker-board squares larger, or solid with alpha blending, or removed completely. This is on my radar but I don't know if I'll ever get to it. It should be a fairly easy mod since the fog-of-war ddraw surfaces are identified in the disassembly by a nearby assert.

#187 Bartimaeus

Bartimaeus

Drama Queen

• 132 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 04:19 AM

Couldn't hardware acceleration just be lowered to fix that? Or doesn't that work anymore, with newer cards? That's what I've always done to avoid graphic issues...a bit inconvenient, but it works. (HD 5770)

#188 -vsync man-

-vsync man-

Posted 30 June 2013 - 04:49 AM

1. Don't hijack threads

2. Read ie-ddrawfix's readme to learn how it effects vsync.

3. Fog of War flicker on high resolutions can not be fixed, without a mod ( which doesn't exist ) to modify fog-of-war to make the checker-board squares larger, or solid with alpha blending, or removed completely. This is on my radar but I don't know if I'll ever get to it. It should be a fairly easy mod since the fog-of-war ddraw surfaces are identified in the disassembly by a nearby assert.

1st do not act like a jerk!

2nd do not answer like a jerk!

3rd try to understand my question like someone who is no jerk!

it may be hard but it is rewarding.

Couldn't hardware acceleration just be lowered to fix that? Or doesn't that work anymore, with newer cards? That's what I've always done to avoid graphic issues...a bit inconvenient, but it works. (HD 5770)

i dont know what u mean be lowering hardware acceleration, is this an option that i can choose in the ati ccc?

but i think u mean the problem when old games run to fast on new systems, my problem is screen tearing, the game itself runs good only issue is that i cant activate vsync and the ati ccc option does nothing wether i activate or deactivate it.

#189 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5151 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 04:58 AM

3. Fog of War flicker on high resolutions can not be fixed, without a mod ( which doesn't exist )

Erhm could someone try this solution, just download & extract the file to your override folder, and start a game:

No, it's definitely not finished, and let's agree it's ugly and all that but if it works to the most decree(the fogs inner parts), then we know that it has the potential to fix the whole thing and we can get someone else that's a little more artistic than me to actually do the rest. :devil:

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#190 hook71

hook71
  • 280 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 09:14 AM

Overreact much? I would suggest not lashing out at people trying to help you.

#191 -vsync man-

-vsync man-

Posted 30 June 2013 - 09:43 AM

err... i dont?! he acts like a jerk. i tell him in a manner that he can understand, in jerkish! and he didnt try to help me. he tried to play forum policeman.

i suggest u mind ur own buisness.

#192 -vsync man-

-vsync man-

Posted 30 June 2013 - 09:44 AM

err... i dont?! he acts like a jerk. i tell him in a manner that he can understand, in jerkish! and he didnt try to help me. he tried to play forum policeman.

#193 -vsync man-

-vsync man-

Posted 30 June 2013 - 09:45 AM

err... i dont?! he acts like a jerk! i tell him in a manner that he can understand? in jerkish. and he didnt try to help me, he tried to play forum policeman.

#194 -vsync man-

-vsync man-

Posted 30 June 2013 - 09:47 AM

err... i dont?! he acts like a jerk! i tell him in a manner that he can understand, in jerkish. and he didnt try to help me, he tried to play forum policeman.

#195 -vsync man-

-vsync man-

Posted 30 June 2013 - 09:48 AM

well i am sry for quadra post but there was a problem with the server not responding.

#196 -Aaron Thornton-

-Aaron Thornton-

Posted 01 July 2013 - 09:10 PM

Maybe I'm just oblivious, but I didn't see anyone with this issue. I'm trying to install the fix pack on the GOG version of PS:T and when I extract the file into my ps:t directory and click on the setup exe I get the message of could not find dialogue.tlk. Simple fix I'm not getting?

#197 The Imp

The Imp

• 5151 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 02:15 AM

Maybe I'm just oblivious, but I didn't see anyone with this issue. I'm trying to install the fix pack on the GOG version of PS:T and when I extract the file into my ps:t directory and click on the setup exe I get the message of could not find dialogue.tlk. Simple fix I'm not getting?
Into where did the Setup-PST-Fix.exe ended up being ? ... if it's in a separate folder in the game folder(for a .rar file, it's a high likelyhood), you need to change the extraction folder... or copy paste the files back a folder(out of the "pstfixpack_v413").

Edited by The Imp, 02 July 2013 - 02:26 AM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#198 -Aaron Thornton-

-Aaron Thornton-

Posted 02 July 2013 - 07:03 AM

PS:T is in a folder in C: that I made because on Win7 Program Files can act a fool. The folder is simply called Torment. So when I extract the fix pack it shows that it is going into Torment/Planescape Torment. Is that not the main directory?

#199 The Imp

The Imp

• 5151 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 08:59 AM

PS:T is in a folder in C: that I made because on Win7 Program Files can act a fool. The folder is simply called Torment. So when I extract the fix pack it shows that it is going into Torment/Planescape Torment. Is that not the main directory?
The game directory is the one with a lot of the .bif files and the "Torment.exe" file is located.
Mine for example is; C:\Pelit\PST -directory.

#200 The Imp

The Imp

• 5151 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 03:03 AM

3. Fog of War flicker on high resolutions can not be fixed, without a mod ( which doesn't exist )

Erhm could someone try this solution, just download & extract the file to your override folder, and start a game:

Anybody tried this yet to fix the Fog of War flickering... I personally don't have the problem except in IWD II with 1920x1200 res, and I have not had that installed for a long while.