Photo

Ultimate Planescape: Torment installation guide

• Please log in to reply
234 replies to this topic

#161 hook71

hook71
  • 280 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 04:08 PM

I'm sorry but that isn't possible. You will have to start a new game after applying the fixpack.

#162 Nokao

Nokao
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 04:07 AM

Thanks !

What about writing it somewhere ?

I readed a lot of "readme and faqs" but I discovered that too late to start over again ... it's a shame that I will not use all this new good stuff :(

bye !

#163 -Alan Diacovetzky-

-Alan Diacovetzky-

Posted 30 January 2012 - 06:39 AM

I've installed all the updates, but now the torment.exe file is missing... anyone knows what could have happened?

#164 -Federico-

-Federico-

Posted 29 March 2012 - 07:10 PM

hi i got the game running with the mods and the HD resolution patch and all that cool stuff, my problem is that when
i cast a spell, the textures around the caster get bugged and the game stops, then after a few seconds the spell is casted with bugged textures, then the game keeps running as if nothing happend. anyone got an idea for fixing this?

#165 aqrit

aqrit
  • 132 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 09:38 PM

try here

#166 -Federico-

-Federico-

Posted 30 March 2012 - 08:59 AM

try here

aqrit you made my life happier, i thank you from the bottom of my heart this will let me play the game =)
thank you

#167 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 15 May 2012 - 07:50 PM

My savegames won't load after installing the fixpack...

#168 -Lothar-

-Lothar-

Posted 26 May 2012 - 08:09 AM

Hello,

I am trying to install the mods throug this manual: http://thunderpeel20...lly-modded.html

Everything is fine till step 3a and 3b. After following these steps the game just do not load. Right after i double click on exe file, the window with error pops up:

"An Assertion failed in: F:\Torment\Source\Chitin\Chvideo.cpp at line number 4322
Programmer says: No valid video modes supported"

Can someone help me to get through this? I tried to reinstall the game and follow the guide from the start a few times, but it is always the same. I do not know what now :(

#169 -Ace-

-Ace-

Posted 10 October 2012 - 06:06 AM

So I downloaded the downloadable version of these games. After installing the mods, it says I need a disc, which of course I don't have. Anything I can do to fix this?

#170 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 07:20 AM

"An Assertion failed in: F:\Torment\Source\Chitin\Chvideo.cpp at line number 4322
Programmer says: No valid video modes supported"

When you installed the Widescreen mod, what resolution did you put to it ?

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#171 -Antrax-

-Antrax-

Posted 29 October 2012 - 08:01 PM

So I downloaded the downloadable version of these games. After installing the mods, it says I need a disc, which of course I don't have. Anything I can do to fix this?

This happened to me when I tried applying the 1.1 patch to the GOG version before applying the mods.

As for me, I keep getting the following error:
ERROR: [SPKGAUNT.ITM] -> [override] Patching Failed (COPY) (Invalid_argument("Char.chr"))
Stopping installation because of error.
Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [PS:T Ultimate WeiDU Fixpack, by Qwinn], rolling back to previo
us state

When trying to apply the fixpack on the GOG.com release after applying the widescreen mod and the UI fix (or if I try applying without them, it doesn't matter).

#172 -Rudel-

-Rudel-

Posted 07 December 2012 - 11:48 AM

So I installed all mods (all seems fine) and I can start game. but when I click on "new game" I get the message "please insert CD 255" and the game crashes...

I think it's because it can't play the movie (intros work fine). so I checked if all *.bif files are in \CDALL\; they are there (of course another version than on the CDs)...

any help for that? google shows me that problem just for baldurs gate. no one else with this problem?

#173 ThunderPeel2001

ThunderPeel2001
  • 74 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 09:51 PM

I've updated the guide so hopefully there will be less confusion in the future.

Note: Do NOT try and install the 1.1 patch if you're a GOG.com user!

#174 -Jacob-

-Jacob-

Posted 25 February 2013 - 12:09 PM

I just installed this game on my new laptop, following the guide verbatim, and when I try to start the game it says that an assertion failed in D: at line 809. My D: is empty and nothing in my .ini references it so I have no idea why it is looking there for anything.

#175 -SX-

-SX-

Posted 08 March 2013 - 09:50 AM

Problem intalling/running prior to mods.

2 disc version, and win7x64

*installed with disc1

*copied files from disc2 to cdall

*edited ini

HD0:=K:\games\Planescape
CD1:=K:\games\Planescape\CDALL
CD2:=K:\games\Planescape\CDALL
CD3:=K:\games\Planescape\CDALL
CD4:=K:\games\Planescape\CDALL

At the "QUICK CHECK!" prior to step 3a, I ran the game, and it asked for disc2 in drive d:\ (which is my cd/dvd drive) (how does it even know?)

anyway put disc2 in drive, it flashes to desktop, then plays 3 movies, create a char and start a game and save, then quit, it gives 2 warnings about screen color depth and then a windows crash dialog box to close the program.

I take the disc out, check the ini and the movies are set to 1, and try the game again, same problem.

And I haven't even installed the mods yet.

#176 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 06 April 2013 - 03:16 PM

i installed the game like told. when i tried to change the resolution afterwards, the game started to crash randomly when i entered a new area/a house. in one house i couldnt go into at all, it crashed every time. i had to install all the mods again, then it worked. So if you change the resolution, you should run the fix.exe again. i also experienced, when you change the size of the fonts afterwards, you can also get problems (font size doesnt chang in dialog). you have to uninstall and reinstall. the best idea in my opinion is, dont change any of the mods after you installed them, this only leads to problems. cheers

#177 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 03:29 PM

Just a little question: Why do you install widescreen and ghostdogs UI mod at first and not at last?
Makes more sense to me if you want to play with the resolution and mods don't get de- and reinstalled.

I also found these mods that should work with pst when I played with my BiG World Setup and may good enough to be included in your installs:
pp: high quality music for PS:T
generalized_biffing (if you need that at all)
MixMod (claims that it should work with PST)
White Agnus' Draw Fix für PS:T unter Win8 (maybe not the same than the other DDraw ?)
White Agnus' Sprachpatch für Planescape: Torment (text-update for German users)
THINK! - It's not illegal.

#178 -Kokos-

-Kokos-

Posted 20 May 2013 - 03:30 AM

http://thunderpeel20...lly-modded.html

Hi! Great guide, thanks! One important thing. widescreen-v3.05 causes lots of trouble (ingame crashes), please update your guide. I strongly recommend to use v3.06 (still in development).

#179 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 18 June 2013 - 11:29 AM

I've tried to install this on my comp to no avail.

I'm running on windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit, service pack 1 (build 7601). and I got the original 4 CD setup.

When inserting CD1 I get the prompt to run Autorun.exe, then the splash screen appears (install, Ice wind demo, exit). So far so good, eh?

But then nothing...

Clicking install makes the splash screen disappear and the cursor indicates "working" but nothing more. Checking open processes tab shows "Setup.exe*32" running but still nothing.

I have messed around with various permissions and compatability modes but nothing seems to do the trick.

I have tried the CD on other (32-bits) machines and it's working. I then tried to load the setup.exe via network but same thing happens.

Am I missing something here or am I bound to use some emulator to get this running? (I'd rather not use the other comps for this, otherwise the issue would be solved, I guess :ermm: )

#180 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 18 June 2013 - 11:35 AM

EDIT: Just tested this on the Mrs's 64-bit lappy and it's working there.

Deffo something localy on my comp causing the issue.....