*Other old TSR modules*

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 LoneRogue

LoneRogue
  • 23 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 09:28 PM

Hey Sir BillyBob,

Will you be including any of the following great old TSR modules in the future?

B2: The Keep on the Borderlands
D1-2: Descent Into the Depths of the Earth
D3: Vault of the Drow
I1: Dwellers of the Forbidden City
I2: Tomb of the Lizard King
N1: Against the Cult of the Reptile God
S1: Tomb of Horrors
T1: The Village of Hommlet
WG4: The Forgotten Temple of Tharizdun
WG5: Mordenkainen's Fantastic Adventure
WG6: Isle of the Ape

Of course there are many other good modules, but these are others I really enjoyed playing! :)

Cheers and thank you
for all your hard work,
LoneRogue

Edited by LoneRogue, 27 July 2009 - 09:30 PM.

"I Find Your Lack of Faith Disturbing..."

Master Gamer (old school)
RPGA & Squadron Member

#2 Lysan Lurraxol

Lysan Lurraxol
  • Modder
  • 899 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 12:35 AM

D1-4 will be in CA, but I'm not sure about any of the others there, though we are planning on adding several older mods as sidequests at some point in the future.

Longing for the old pen and paper modules of the 70?s and 80?s. Experience AD&D?s greatest adventures using the infinity engine: Classic Adventures Visit our homepage at Classic Adventures Homepage

#3 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 05:52 AM

Mostly older mods but some of the more recent as well. I just purchased Keep on the Shadowfell and would like to bring that story into this at some point.

Some mods just can't be done. Remember that this is a 2D game screen. No swimming, flying, etc. There just isn't any way to show that. Also, we are limited on monsters. Unless somebody is willing to create monster animations, we can only use what already exists in the BioWare games. That is why the A1 mod doesn't have the ant creatures in it. There aren't anything like them in our game engine. Also, some magic items and spells can't be duplicated here. We are limited to what the game engine's effects are. You can twist them around somewhat but it gets really complicated trying it.

Tired of Bhaal? Try some classics mods instead:
Classic Adventures
Official Classic Adventures Website

#4 leahnkain

leahnkain
  • Modder
  • 7658 posts

Donator

Posted 28 July 2009 - 06:59 AM

The next upcoming modules will be Castle Amber and Against the Giants. I admit I love a lot of the modules you posted but sadly as SBB mentioned it is hard to do them justice without the proper graphics. Some of the S series will be included at some point.

Longing for the old pen and paper modules of the 70's and 80's. Experience AD&D's greatest adventures using the infinity engine: Visit our homepage at http://classicadventuresmod.com/

#5 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 07:45 AM

Will you be including any of the following great old TSR modules in the future?

B2: The Keep on the Borderlands
T1: The Village of Hommlet

Those have been done already, well the KotB is a ToEE mod, and the village is in the ToEE game itself. Although the resources could be somewhat easy to copy over, as it's been done before... but would it add to the CA mods content is more of speculation.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#6 leahnkain

leahnkain
  • Modder
  • 7658 posts

Donator

Posted 28 July 2009 - 07:53 AM

The KotB actually offered a lot of useful advice. Which is the best additon they could have offered. I know that they have no interest in sharing their content at this point. (I need maps...)For lower level adventures I think we are good, the second path which includes Silver Princess, the UK series and the ghost tower help flesh out the world. I admit I am swamped making maps and editing them. I really need some help so I can get back to writing.

Longing for the old pen and paper modules of the 70's and 80's. Experience AD&D's greatest adventures using the infinity engine: Visit our homepage at http://classicadventuresmod.com/

#7 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 10:58 AM

There are lots of really good low level mods out there. The problem is that you can't do them all. So if we wanted to add one, we would have to bump up the monsters to be harder to match the party's level.

Hommlet will probably never be added because of this. We already have a starting town and I use all the ToEE maps for the slavers and other area maps.

Tired of Bhaal? Try some classics mods instead:
Classic Adventures
Official Classic Adventures Website

#8 AnnabelleRose

AnnabelleRose

The great pretender... of modding!

• Modder
  • 2083 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 12:42 PM

The next upcoming modules will be ... Against the Giants...

Seriously?

I love all of yoiu right now, lots.

By far, those are three of my favorite modules, ever.

Adding the ToEE would add much to the game, but it would be a nightmare to write and code IMO. Most people know those (even more after the Atari release), so people would probably nitpick worse over it then a PST fan over any BG2 content involving anything from PST.

- The transitioned former modder once known as MTS.

#9 leahnkain

leahnkain
  • Modder
  • 7658 posts

Donator

Posted 28 July 2009 - 07:47 PM

The ToEE just is such a great adventure it really deseved it's own video game. As I have always said, SBB as well our goal is to make a Bhaal child free world for modders to one day Mod. So if anyone wanted to add it in, we would not object to modders making mods for CA.

#10 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 02:12 PM

The KotB actually offered a lot of useful advice. Which is the best additon they could have offered. I know that they have no interest in sharing their content at this point.

Eh... why not? We're talking about a mod for one game being converted to a mod for a different game entirely... what's the problem? I'll admit I have a soft spot for Keep on the Borderlands, since it was the first module I ever played back in the old days... even did some of my own add-ons to it (on paper). The Against the Giants/Descent/Drow series probably runs a close second favourite though, so good to hear you're working on that.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
================================================================
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle