Fixes for the BiG fixpack

• Please log in to reply
1025 replies to this topic

#1001 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 05:51 AM

Better BGSpawn troll fix as per 10th's instructions :)

Attached Files

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#1002 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 07:41 AM

10th's BGSpawn troll fix remade proper now :doh: (Stupid typo prevented installation... SFTROLLXD -> SFTROLXD)

10th's Kivan NVLOR fix (EXITs instead of ENDs)

10th's CtB Ryberg Relative Loop fix

1PPv4 - Ashes of Embers compatibility patch for awesome circlet action!

As reported here, <PRO_CLASS> does not work but is used by CtB and Nephele. Changed both instances:

- CtB <PRO_CLASS> -> <PRO_GIRLBOY>

@36  = ~I'll tell you a story.  Once upon a time, there was a <PRO_RACE> <PRO_CLASS> that found a magical weapon.~

- nephele <PRO_CLASS> -> mage (seems to make sense in the context)

@248  = ~You're a cleric, not a <PRO_CLASS>. How would you know?~

Attached Files

Edited by Lollorian, 09 September 2013 - 08:04 AM.

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

#1003 10th

10th
  • 621 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 11:49 AM

You forgot one.  :P

10th

Avast! You cannot defeat our titan-mounted submarine staffed by cannibal vikings! - Nodwick

"I grab his deceased spirit and piledrive it back into his body, duplicating raise dead." - Psyren Oots board

#1004 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 07:24 AM

Ah shit :D

Attached Files

#1005 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 03:39 AM

Lollorian: Probably better to just remove the ref entirely and make the line "You're a cleric. How would you know?".<PRO_CLASS> works in BG2EE! :D

#1006 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 06:16 AM

And done :cheers:

Attached Files

#1007 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 09:21 AM

This has been fixed silently in Xan's v11 and all players who download Xan will not encounter this issue any longer:

Kulyok's Xan mod dialogue fix - added a Global("O#XanRomanceActive","GLOBAL",2) condition to that dialogue.

And in case I haven't mentioned it before: folks, do NOT add any fixes to my mods from the fixpack, I don't want them there. (In the sense of: yes, Evil Kulyok forbids it). I want bugs fixed even more than you do(naturally, these are my mods!), so, please, report them in the relevant topics on my mod's forums, and I'll usually fix them within days or weeks in the next version or via a silent update.

In other words, if you see something in my bug threads, feel free to add a "Kulyok, fix this!", but do NOT copy it here.

#1008 DavidWallace

DavidWallace
  • Validating
  • 337 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 11:24 AM

I observe that people are still posting hotfixes to SCS in the face of my fairly explicit request not to (at least, not during periods where I'm actively modding). Obviously I can't do anything to prevent it but I wouldn't like anyone to think that I'm in any way happy about it. (For reasons spelled out here: http://www.shsforums...ns-to-scsscsii/ )

#1009 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 06:35 AM

This has been fixed silently in Xan's v11 and all players who download Xan will not encounter this issue any longer:

Kulyok's Xan mod dialogue fix - added a Global("O#XanRomanceActive","GLOBAL",2) condition to that dialogue.

And in case I haven't mentioned it before: folks, do NOT add any fixes to my mods from the fixpack, I don't want them there. (In the sense of: yes, Evil Kulyok forbids it). I want bugs fixed even more than you do(naturally, these are my mods!), so, please, report them in the relevant topics on my mod's forums, and I'll usually fix them within days or weeks in the next version or via a silent update.

In other words, if you see something in my bug threads, feel free to add a "Kulyok, fix this!", but do NOT copy it here.

Ok sure I guess. Your mods are now off my radar atleast.

I observe that people are still posting hotfixes to SCS in the face of my fairly explicit request not to (at least, not during periods where I'm actively modding). Obviously I can't do anything to prevent it but I wouldn't like anyone to think that I'm in any way happy about it. (For reasons spelled out here: http://www.shsforums...ns-to-scsscsii/ )

Sorry about that - honest mistake. Came back after a 6 month hiatus myself so keeping something posted almost 2 years back in mind is kinda fuzzy at the moment. Won't happen again from my side.

Edited by Lollorian, 12 September 2013 - 06:35 AM.

#1010 Ithildur

Ithildur
  • 179 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 05:45 PM

I just spent the better part of the afternoon looking through the Fixpack's fixes to try and ensure they weren't going to cause problems with newer versions of mods with updated fixes. Updated documentation someday would be lovely... but cest la vie. At least work is being done and that's certainly appreciated.

Most of them seem like they'll be ok with the mods I have in mind, although I did delete stuff like the unnecessary fixes to ToBEx and Worldmap, and a couple of others that seemed superflous or older than the mosts current versions of mods.

One question:

[edit]

NM, found the answer: http://www.shsforums...g2tweaks-issue/

Again, would've been really nice if there was a quick note somewhere like the outdated list of fixes text file and/or within the patch itself.

Edited by Ithildur, 19 September 2013 - 05:52 PM.

#1011 DavidWallace

DavidWallace
  • Validating
  • 337 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 12:03 AM

Sorry about that - honest mistake. Came back after a 6 month hiatus myself so keeping something posted almost 2 years back in mind is kinda fuzzy at the moment. Won't happen again from my side.
Thanks - I appreciate it.

#1012 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 09:52 AM

Recently got Leonardo Watson's lolfixer.log so going through it.

For tonight, fixed areas:

Spoiler

Also, Jarl's BGT Tweaks adds some katanas that aren't actually copied by the mod (JA#KATA1 and JA#KATA3) but I won't be 'fixing' that :D Instead I fix a wonky check that looks for extensions where there shouldn't be any.

JA#BGT_Tweak (line 2239 & 2320)
- Changed some STRING_COMPAREs to not check for an extension (because AREs don't contain extensions inside them) and changed them to STRING_COMPARE_CASE to... well, ignore case :P

And finally iwditempack's 50clubbt.itm: Ground Icon GBLUNT01 -> GBLUN01 :lol:

Attached Files

#1013 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 15 October 2013 - 02:29 AM

Hey I got a question.

I have BG2 + TOB from GoG + 1PPv4 and BGFix and Tweak packs. So far i didn't encounter any CtD etc (not that far into game yet - around 30%). My question is what fixes I need to install to avoid future problems.

I notice there is bug with helmets. Lollarin posted a fix to that. What else should I download and how exactly do you impelement those fixes once the addons are already installed. Thanks for help.

#1014 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 05:19 AM

Hi all,

may I kindly ask what the fix for BGSpawn is doing? I got 10th input (which I never had time to fix totally as minor issues) but are you still using the original name creature within from the mod within the game? (so rogtro.cre?)

If you changed it to the new one rogtroxd.cre it won't ever spawn as it has not been named in any of the area baf files ...

mm75

Edited by melkor_morgoth75, 15 October 2013 - 05:20 AM.

Tired of the same boring spawned creatures u face in BG? Try BGSpawn

#1015 10th

10th
  • 621 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 08:30 AM

@mm75

It will still spawn normally (rogtro.cre), the additional files are needed in order to fix the conflict with Roger the fence's mini-quest in BG2.

link with longer explanation

10th.

Avast! You cannot defeat our titan-mounted submarine staffed by cannibal vikings! - Nodwick

"I grab his deceased spirit and piledrive it back into his body, duplicating raise dead." - Psyren Oots board

#1016 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 08:34 AM

BGSpawn still uses ROGTRO.CRE to spawn :)

ROGTROXD.CRE is a replacement for ROGTRO02.CRE so BGSpawn's ROGTRO faints to becoe ROGTROXD ;)

#1017 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 01:31 AM

Great ... i hope to have time to add that fix as well directly into the mod ... ;)

Tx 10th for that,

mm75

Tired of the same boring spawned creatures u face in BG? Try BGSpawn

#1018 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 21 October 2013 - 12:47 PM

Greetings.

Has anyone else noticed Joluv spawning twice ? In some of my playthroughs he appeared twice while in others he did not.

I tracked it down to three mods Freedom's Reign (fr_rov) 7.3, Item Pack 1.8, BG2 Tweak Pack 14. I do not know if it belongs in the fixpack but i thought
to report it here since, besides the fixpack, item_pack is also hosted here.
IF
  Global("WMSPAWNJOLUV","AR0406",0)
THEN
  RESPONSE #100
    SetGlobal("WMSPAWNJOLUV","AR0406",1)
    CreateCreature("WMART1",[1337.1751],4)
    Continue()
END

fr_rov checks the file ar0406.bcs (and ar0702 for deidre) for the variable "wmspawnjoluv" and if it does not already exist then it extends_top the above code.

Both Item Pack and BG2 Tweaks insert their version without checking if it already exists and they use "GLOBAL" check not "AR0406". My naive trial and error testing showed this as one reason for the problem. The other reason is the "Continue" function that fr_rov uses. Even if i change the fr_rov code to use "GLOBAL" then again two Joluvs appear (i guess the setglobal line is delayed till the script parsing is finished). If i also remove the continue function then everything works correctly.

Some solutions that come to my mind (not necessarily the only ones or the best) are:

a) fr_rov files bcs/bonus/ar*.baf are modified to use "GLOBAL" instead of "AR0***" and not to have the continue function. This will work regardless of the install order.

b) Item Pack file setup-item_pack.tp2 line 674 is changed to use extend_top (like bg2_tweaks does) instead of extend_bottom. This will work as long as at least one of item_pack and bg2_tweaks is installed after fr_rov which is the general case.

c) Item Pack and BG2 Tweaks are modified to use FILE_CONTAINS and only insert their code if another mod hasn't done it already. This way everything will work regardless of install order.

Thank you for your time.

#1019 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 21 October 2013 - 12:59 PM

Some solutions that come to my mind (not necessarily the only ones or the best) are:

a) fr_rov files bcs/bonus/ar*.baf are modified to use "GLOBAL" instead of "AR0***" and not to have the continue function. This will work regardless of the install order.

b) Item Pack file setup-item_pack.tp2 line 674 is changed to use extend_top (like bg2_tweaks does) instead of extend_bottom. This will work as long as at least one of item_pack and bg2_tweaks is installed after fr_rov which is the general case.

c) Item Pack and BG2 Tweaks are modified to use FILE_CONTAINS and only insert their code if another mod hasn't done it already. This way everything will work regardless of install order.

Thank you for your time.
I am sorry for this second post.

I did some changes before i post and while the preview showed them, the post i read now reflects the uncorrected version.

Solutions a and b are the following:

a) fr_rov files bcs/bonus/ar*.baf are modified to use "GLOBAL" instead of "AR0***" and Item Pack file setup-item_pack.tp2 line 674 is changed to use extend_top (like bg2_tweaks does) instead of extend_bottom. This will work as long as at least one of item_pack and bg2_tweaks is installed after fr_rov which is the general case.

b) fr_rov files bcs/bonus/ar*.baf are modified to use "GLOBAL" instead of "AR0***" and the Continue function is removed from both files. No other mod needs to be modified and it will work regardless of the install order.

Thank you again.

#1020 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 05:17 PM

Awesome effort there :cheers:

Sb) fr_rov files bcs/bonus/ar*.baf are modified to use "GLOBAL" instead of "AR0***" and the Continue function is removed from both files. No other mod needs to be modified and it will work regardless of the install order.

This seems the best because it's least intrusive and independant of load order - added :)