• Please log in to reply
1025 replies to this topic

#441 the bigg

the bigg

2083 is a prime number.

• Modder
  • 3331 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 02:26 PM

I'm not familiar with diffutils, you'll have to wait for somebody else to spot the error.

Italian users: help test the Stivan NPC!

Author or Co-Author: WeiDU - Widescreen - Generalized Biffing - Refinements - TB#Tweaks - IWD2Tweaks - TB#Characters - Traify Tool - Some mods that I won't mention in public
Maintainer: Semi-Multi Clerics - Nalia Mod - Nvidia Fix
Code dumps: Detect custom secondary types - Stutter Investigator

If possible, send diffs, translations and other contributions using Git.

#442 Wisp

Wisp
  • Modder
  • 1353 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 03:23 PM

Patch on Windows doesn't like forward slashes in paths.

#443 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 09:01 PM

Well, it's no secret that I practically phail :D Guess this kinda reinforces that thought :lol: This one fixes Crom/Cespy not recognizing the Gesen String and Chaos scroll.

Use this WITH the older fix (which is already BWPFixpacked) ... I repeat, you NEED the older fix package from here :unsure: (please see EDIT)

EDIT: BWPFixpack v9.5.7 made me realize that the second fix was just reverting to the original files :doh: Please use the attached full_update package instead of the 2 packages I attached before :P

Attached Files

Edited by Lollorian, 08 December 2010 - 06:28 PM.

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#444 Wisp

Wisp
  • Modder
  • 1353 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 12:50 AM

The current stuff for Item Randomiser can be removed from the BWP Fixpack. There's also some new stuff if you are so inclined. I'll be releasing an incremental update of Item Randomiser around the end of the year.

#445 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 10:59 AM

Please include this tp2 for Level 1 NPCs until a new version is uploaded to G3.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#446 Leonardo Watson

Leonardo Watson
  • Modder
  • 531 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 11:07 PM

NEVER "fix" stuff by copying files fromBiG World Fixpack/_override to the override in the middle of the BiG World Install.bat. You're going to introduce more bugs than you could possibly fix by overwriting , and making it exceedingly hard to revert the bugs you introduced.

The fixes within the BiG World Fixpack/_override folder are an unpleasant solution, however, they are indispensable during the installation procedure. All of them are depending on other mods and would be overwritten when they are installed right at the beginning or they are expected to be in the override but are biffed by another mod before.

For example neither the Drizzt Saga nor the Stone of Askavar could be installed together with the other big mods without copying the WORLDMAP.WMP into the override before. However, I don't know whether there now arises a new problem with the new worldmap v8. I hope, someone can look into that and create a final fix. For sure, this WORLDMAP.WMP is only used if one of both mods will be installed.

Without the minsc file MINSC.BCS will not start his opening dialogue in Irenicus dungeon when NEJ is installed.

Almost all of the Spellpack files inside the _override are unnecessary because the are already existing in the correct Spellpack folder. I will delete them.

Stuff for Item Randomiser is be replaced.
XPmod fix is fixed.
New level1npc.tp2 added

#447 the bigg

the bigg

2083 is a prime number.

• Modder
  • 3331 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 02:38 AM

I was mostly talking about kit.ids in PPK, which happens late in the process. Overwriting kit.ids makes mods that depend on a correct kit.ids fail (duplicated kits and Refinements, and perhaps other mods too) and the problem can be fixed by installing PPK's '0' component AFTER the other components of PPK.

Another visibly problematic case was overwriting shoutids.ids makes Unique Artifacts give warnings in COMPILE_D_TO_DLG - a dialogue was using Heard() and relying on now-erased shoutids.ids values. Again, this can be fixed by having Ninde and D0QuestPack APPEND via tp2 the lines they need to shoutids.ids in the override, rather than overwriting whatever was already there. Ditto (potentially) for the any other ids file.

I don't know what's the problem with the mods you listed (since I've already removed my BiG installation), but I suspect that they can all be solved by changing the mod instead. That said, NeJ is an early mod (meaning that the state of the override is more easily predicted) and overwriting worldmap.wmp will be corrected by to BP-BGT-Worldmap, so these looks less severe.

Italian users: help test the Stivan NPC!

Author or Co-Author: WeiDU - Widescreen - Generalized Biffing - Refinements - TB#Tweaks - IWD2Tweaks - TB#Characters - Traify Tool - Some mods that I won't mention in public
Maintainer: Semi-Multi Clerics - Nalia Mod - Nvidia Fix
Code dumps: Detect custom secondary types - Stutter Investigator

If possible, send diffs, translations and other contributions using Git.

#448 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 06:14 PM

Just a shot in the dark here :D But wouldn't it be possible to "pause" the installer before each of the copy lines and make a backup of the file to be overwritten. Then when everything's done, just upload the backed-up files so someone could compare what changed (or needs to be changed) with regards to the mod that needs overwriting so that the installer doesn't need to overwrite :D

I'd do it myself but my system's tarfu atm :ROFL:

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

#449 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 02:04 AM

Please include this for Aurora v5 (and discontinue when Aurora v6 is released).

Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#450 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 03:48 AM

Igneous' Kelsey's PfME fix :P
Fix: here

Attached Files

#451 Isaya

Isaya
  • Modder
  • 294 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 11:09 AM

I just uploaded version 1.6.2 of Kiara-Zaiya. The download link is unchanged. However the resulting file name is now "Kiara-Zaiya_v1.6.2.zip" (I don't know if it matters for the BiG installer).

In addition to the changes previously posted, I completely reworked the scripts, converting all of them from bcs to baf to make maintenance easier. Many Dead() tests have been replaced as Lollorian did for the previous release of the mod and several warnings have been fixed, hopefully improving Kiara's fighting skills as well as opponents' behaviour. Several issues with improper texts used over the head in scripts have been fixed (not replaced during installation) and the romance music should be available in ToB now.

I checked the installation on a bare ToB installation only, in order to ensure the mod could install on a minimum installation. However I don't expect any issue with a bigger setup as all the IDS additions are protected. The Detectable Spells component hidden inside the mod still overwrite STATS.IDS though.

Hopefully you should be able to remove Kiara-Zaiya patches from the BiG fixpack.

#452 cmorgan

cmorgan
  • Modder
  • 2301 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 11:58 AM

If anyone comes up with a good way of reconverting old Detectable Spells components and the old way of spell overwrites, it would be way cool if they could share the automation/task work. JCompton over at PPG has expressed interest in a Kelsey update that uses modern methods, and I know there are a bunch of decent older mods that used the best practices of the time that used pre-comiled .bcs and DS (so overwrites of both spells and STATS.IDS).

#453 Igneous

Igneous
  • 26 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 03:08 PM

Igneous' Kelsey's PfME fix :P

Just so you know, Lollorian, I've posted a new fix to Kelsey's .tp2 which eliminates the need for the overwrite entirely. (It's just a bit further down in the same thread.) So you can deprecate the first fix. :)

#454 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 07:54 PM

I did see that :D ... I think ... But anyway, you mentioned that you'd successfully tested the first fix and I was under the impression that the second one wasn't :P

Here's Igneous' nu fix yo! :D

PS: Might I recommend using LAUNCH_PATCH_FUNCTION instead of LAUNCH_PATCH_MACRO? :) Helps shorten code :P

Attached Files

#455 Igneous

Igneous
  • 26 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 09:06 PM

Oops. Should've been more explicit. Yes, the second fix is tested, too, and scrutinised under the lense of Near Infinity for good measure.

I used LAUNCH_PATCH_MACRO merely because I was following aVENGER's example, no other reason. If you'd like to make any improvements, feel free. :)

#456 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 11:39 PM

CamDawg's ding0 questpack Bridge Cutscene fix (overrides temujin's current fix)

Attached Files

#457 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 02:35 AM

I used LAUNCH_PATCH_MACRO merely because I was following aVENGER's example, no other reason. If you'd like to make any improvements, feel free.

Not sure which ancient mod version you're looking at, but he converted to function ages ago (like um, a year ago anyway).

#458 Igneous

Igneous
  • 26 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 01:02 PM

Not sure which ancient mod version you're looking at, but he converted to function ages ago (like um, a year ago anyway).

I was following his fix to the Bard Song from the Fixpack and RR's Bard Kit revisions. I didn't consider FUNCTION because I couldn't divine any apparent significance between them reading the WeiDU documentation, apart from variable retention/scope. My apologies for not having years of modding experience under my belt, and thus for being oh-so-passé.

#459 Wisp

Wisp
  • Modder
  • 1353 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 01:22 PM

I was following his fix to the Bard Song from the Fixpack and RR's Bard Kit revisions. I didn't consider FUNCTION because I couldn't divine any apparent significance between them reading the WeiDU documentation, apart from variable retention/scope. My apologies for not having years of modding experience under my belt, and thus for being oh-so-passé.

One nice thing about the functions is that they're coded with self-initialising variables, whereas the macros are not. The limited scope of variables within functions is also very convenient, but not particularly relevant here.

#460 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 05:57 PM

thebigg's L1NPC regex thingie

Attached Files