69 replies to this topic

#61 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 10:00 AM

So: How do I write that?

Write what, something that'll cause a warning? I dunno, try compiling a script that casts a spell that doesn't exist or something.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#62 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 01:54 PM

Two questions:
1. After having funny errors with SCS and it did not seem likely that Lollorian would fix it, I am adding an option that will install as much components as possible in one go.
Before components with subcomponents that are actually selected, the group will be installed and a new one will be opened.
Mods with one component only will not be installed in groups since there is no benefit to a "normal" installation with the BWS.

Where should a group be closed due to memory-usage? BG2_Tweaks only? Is this still needed? Some other mods that come to your mind (SCS/SCSII)?

2. I want to add a message for people that do not have a "standard" codepage (1252) for non-unicode programs. Is this a general problem or does this only matter when installing InfinityAnimations?
Depending on the answer I'd display the message right at the start after selecting the language for the BWS-usage or after the selection of the mods is over.
THINK! - It's not illegal.

#63 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 04:39 AM

After having funny errors with SCS and it did not seem likely that Lollorian would fix it

Eh, you mean DavidW, or are the errors only BWS-related?

Where should a group be closed due to memory-usage? BG2_Tweaks only? Is this still needed? Some other mods that come to your mind (SCS/SCSII)?

Not sure what you mean by "closing a group" but I do recall both SCSes took absolutely ages on my last BWP install (on an external drive).

2. I want to add a message for people that do not have a "standard" codepage (1252) for non-unicode programs. Is this a general problem or does this only matter when installing InfinityAnimations?

It is only applicable to IA, Aurora and Vecna, though hopefully not for the next releases which will use standard ANSI characters in all the filenames (though it might be a while on that).

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#64 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 05:47 AM

After having funny errors with SCS and it did not seem likely that Lollorian would fix it

Well, if someone only selects those components, it would be a generic problem.
I also heard DavidW was absent, and since I'm a WeiDU noob I asked Lollorian for his opinion.

Not sure what you mean by "closing a group" but I do recall both SCSes took absolutely ages on my last BWP install (on an external drive).

I mean when it would be sufficient to execute more then one WeiDU --force-install-list - instances per mod.
The BWP-PDF lists SCSII and BG2_Tweaks.

It is only applicable to IA, Aurora and Vecna, though hopefully not for the next releases which will use standard ANSI characters in all the filenames (though it might be a while on that).

Ok. I already added a generic warning at the beginning since that's the easiest method.

#65 Wisp

Wisp
  • Modder
  • 1353 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 06:52 AM

Well, if someone only selects those components, it would be a generic problem.
I also heard DavidW was absent, and since I'm a WeiDU noob I asked Lollorian for his opinion.

Wouldn't it be easier to fix the bugs with e.g. the BWP Fixpack than to add stuff to the BWS to circumvent them?

#66 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 07:19 AM

It's not really a big issue, since I already had to create a workaround for hammers, which also has to be installed in one go.
If you like to, you may want to verify the issue: Click.

#67 Wisp

Wisp
  • Modder
  • 1353 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 08:41 AM

(I think) I confirmed the issue here.

#68 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 09:00 AM

Ah, ok, I don't roam around that much.

#69 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 11:17 AM

Another issue came up while testing another way of parsing the debug-files:
Recent versions of BGT, BGTTweak and propably more did not use standard keywords like Installing / Installed successfully but used a localized version.

From my "scripting-standpoint" this is really a major issue since I did those English keywords to recognize if the installation was skipped, had warnings or errors and was able to show them.

If I had to ask for skipped components, that would really be a step backwards for me.

Is it possible to somehow generate old logs or is it easy to search the TP2-files for those translations?
Sorry that I did not do that myself before asking, but I got to get going and buy me some food. ;)

Edit:
Seems like the translation is always the same...
If I'd just had to look for strings like @-1006 = XYZ, fetching the translations would be ok.

Edited by dabus, 21 June 2010 - 12:21 PM.

#70 Mike1072

Mike1072
  • Modder
  • 539 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 01:57 PM

WeiDU comes with a file called prompts.tra. You can override any of these by specifying your own string for them in your .tra files.
Spoiler