Photo

BiG World Project (BWP) v8.2

• Please log in to reply
493 replies to this topic

#481 Souledge

Souledge
  • 9 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 12:31 AM

Hi, I've got a couple of questions: I was using BW 8.2 and everything worked fine, but my AV software deleted some files on his own, and so I did a complete reinstall of BG+BG2+BW, now, the problem is that with the latest version 8.2.1 Big World Setup when Link Testing it doesn't find files already present in the Download folder (backedup before reinstalling), the same happens during download process (and there it seems to be unable to interact with shs links), any clue? Just 1 hour before everything was working fine with BWS8.2 :blink: (UAC in W7 and AV are off).

[EDIT]
Mmmmm I think I've sorted out the problem, I've downloaded Installpack 8.2.1, unzipped the content in BG2 folder, and then I run the BWS, and it didn't work; I did a reinstall of BWS 8.2, and now everything work fine.... so we're not supposed to manually unzip Installpack 8.2.1 before running BWS? I think I'm dumb :wacko:

Edited by Souledge, 04 February 2010 - 01:02 AM.

#482 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 01:29 AM

Nope. I think your system has problems closing TCP/IP-connections to the shs-pages.
After you hit the limit, it takes a while to get them closed automatically.
I also remember only a few guys reporting that -- and a bit of waiting always solved that.

I have a solutions for that problem but not the time to implement that.
THINK! - It's not illegal.

#483 Strikh

Strikh
  • 22 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 04:43 AM

I'm playing the BWP, and am in BG2 right now. I checked a walkthrough for The Darkest Day, and realized that when I talked to the kender at the City Gates, he should have dropped a map to Eshpurta. He didn't. Does anyone know the CLUAConsole code I could use to get that map, so I can do that part of the game? Thanks in advance!

#484 Souledge

Souledge
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 05:10 AM

Everytime I reinstall the BG series and all the mods with Big World, I feel the urge to say "Thank you!!!" because you did an amazing work with your project, you made the life of us BG fanatics really easier :woot: .

#485 shinino

shinino
  • 17 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 06:58 AM

I apologize if this has been posted before.

I'm in the middle of an install and get the following:

The following mod(s) could not be downloaded:
Ashes of Embers v27: The Mod itself (refinements_windows_3.20.exe)
Rogue Rebalancing (RR) v4.33: The Mod itself (lightmaps1.3.zip)
Item Revisions v2: The Mod itself (BP_BGT_Worldmap_v7_1.rar)
BGT Graphical User Interface (GUI) v1.08: The Mod itself (W_GUI_v0.2.rar)

It appears the URL for all 4 items is '-'. I've tried searching, and can't find the files on the internet at all. Where can I find them, or are they included in other mods and I should be fine?

#486 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 07:45 AM

Wait a sec ... the modnames and mod-filenames (in the brackets) don't match at all :unsure:

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#487 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 08:01 AM

Nope, I was wrong...

Edited by dabus, 05 February 2010 - 08:11 AM.

THINK! - It's not illegal.

#488 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 09:54 AM

I'm in the middle of an install and get the following:

The following mod(s) could not be downloaded:
Ashes of Embers v27: The Mod itself (refinements_windows_3.20.exe)
Rogue Rebalancing (RR) v4.33: The Mod itself (lightmaps1.3.zip)
Item Revisions v2: The Mod itself (BP_BGT_Worldmap_v7_1.rar)
BGT Graphical User Interface (GUI) v1.08: The Mod itself (W_GUI_v0.2.rar)

It appears the URL for all 4 items is '-'. I've tried searching, and can't find the files on the internet at all.

Your message looks really weird. :blink:

Stop your installation and exit the "BiG World Setup". Start the "BiG World Setup" again and do all the needed stuff until you're in the mod selection screen. Then look into your "BiG World Download" folder. There must be the following files with exact these numbers:

BWS_Programupdates-2010-01-10.7z
BWS_Linkupdates-20100203_0.7z

If you have them, then go on with your installation.

Greetings Leomar
A Megamod does not mean that you can play all of the mods or all of their content,
but you have more choices or paths through the game.
- Chevalier

BiG World Project - Big Baldur's Gate World

#489 Strikh

Strikh
  • 22 posts

Posted 06 February 2010 - 04:28 AM

I really don't want to miss out on a fair portion of TDD...
Does anyone know how I can get Eshpurta to show on my map? The kender didn't drop the map... Please???

#490 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 06 February 2010 - 04:36 AM

I really don't want to miss out on a fair portion of TDD...
Does anyone know how I can get Eshpurta to show on my map? The kender didn't drop the map... Please???

Well, you could try to console him or the item in with:
CLUAConsole:CreateCreature("ddkend01")
CLUAConsole:CreateItem("ddmap01")

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#491 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 02:19 AM

First off, I'll start with a thanks for updating to 8.3 :D As always, the string of applause will continue:
Spoiler

I see the install.bat got a MAJOR overhaul (kits, IA (:Bow:), a new fun-mods section <points to Miloch> ^_^)!!!

And now, some nitpicking :P The cleanup.bat doesn't clean these mods:
Spoiler
and it will also skip 3 folders with spaces in their names :( (Mod backups, NSC Portaits, BWL Contest)

All in all, thanks a lot again!!! :P

Edited by Lollorian, 07 February 2010 - 02:20 AM.

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#492 -Cerid-

-Cerid-

Posted 04 July 2010 - 06:52 PM

have searched through loads of forums looking for "how to get bg1 to work on a vista buisness laptop"!!! and i cannot find the answer. i spent 3 hours trying to install it and then via fluke it installed, i plaied for about 2 hours, turned off my comp, went to bed. woke up, my partner wanted a go, loaded it up, plaied for hlf an hr. it crashed. got back into it. it crashed. now i cant get into it again. i get this error msg

problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: BGMain.exe
Application Version: 1.0.0.1
Application Timestamp: 36a65edb
Fault Module Name: ntdll.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.0.6002.18005
Fault Module Timestamp: 49e03821
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 00066739
OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.256.6
Locale ID: 5129
Additional Information 1: 3355
Additional Information 2: b903db534b36375593d5b947334a34be
Additional Information 3: 6feb
Additional Information 4: ea9f160d95fc441127e6e40e5625d759

can anyone help me fix this? BG has been my favourite game for years, since i was 12!! id love to play it and actually complete it this time. there has gotta be a computer genious who can spell better than me and therefore has btter brain power to help me fix it!! i just want to play it again. :(

#493 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 10:43 PM

Application Name: BGMain.exe
Application Version: 1.0.0.1

That's the plain BG1... do you have the TotSC addon? If you do, you need to start the BGMain2.exe, not the normal BGMain.exe...

1) Start the Control Panel -> User Accounts and Family Safety -> User Accounts -> Turn User Account Control on or off -> Uncheck the box next to 'Use User Account Control (UAC) to help protect your computer', and push OK, then restart the computer.
2) Install the BG1 into a directory called "C:\Games\Baldur's Gate" ... DO NOT INSTALL IT INTO THE DEFAULT FOLDER !! Or if you are going to, then put it into another drive, like the D...
3) Install the Tales of the Sword Coast addon.
4) Install the patch v(1.3.)5512.
5) Play the game.
6) Modify the game to your hearts content, and then you can enable the UAC again.

Or this could help...

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 04 July 2010 - 11:16 PM.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#494 -anon-

-anon-

Posted 07 July 2010 - 06:34 AM

Hi, is there any way I can get an up-to-date mod.ini file? I'm sitting behind a pretty stringent firewall of which I don't have access too. When BW tries to update itself and the url's it fails (because of the firewall). I can download the mods with the BWS just not update them.

So I think thats all I need, an updated mod.ini file?