• Please log in to reply
493 replies to this topic

#461 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 05:19 PM

I've installed BWP, but there's many mods that haven't been installed. How can I check, wich mods are missing, if I skipped list at the end of installation? Can I install missing mods manually, or they should be installed in a specific order?

Go through your BWP folder and look for any mod that has an .exe but not a .DEBUG file. Those haven't been installed. You can install them manually in the order listed here. If you've already installed biffing though, you might get some serious lag depending on how many mods there are.

Same thing happened to my last two installs. Random mods all of them on both installs, though most are larger ones (SCS2, Tweaks, etc.) near the end that got skipped (not all though, so it's not like it just stopped at some point). I think it's some weirdness with the installer and/or WeiDU and slow drives or something.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#462 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 10:59 PM

How can I check, wich mods are missing...

Go through your BWP folder and look for any mod that has an .exe but not a .DEBUG file.

Ah, it might be easier to just open the WeiDU.log with Notepad, and compare that list to the list of mods he wanted to install...

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 28 January 2010 - 10:59 PM.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#463 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 08:05 AM

Ah, it might be easier to just open the WeiDU.log with Notepad, and compare that list to the list of mods he wanted to install...

If he has such a list still anywhere. I don't know if the BWP saves what it was *told* to do vs. what it actually did (the WeiDU.log) but maybe it needs to do some post-install validation, not just pre-install.

Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#464 Darpaek

Darpaek
  • 363 posts

Donator

Posted 29 January 2010 - 08:24 AM

The big world installer debug log will list everything that ran thru the cmd box while he was running the .bat. He could open that in notepad and see the modlist at the beginning and end of his install process again.

#465 Loco

Loco
  • 19 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 11:38 AM

Jarno Mikkola, Miloch and Darpaek, thanks a lot for your answers! They are very thorough and explained a lot. Nice to post a screenshot as well. Thanks again!
This will make it possible for me to "rar" my "modded" installation and sending it to my friend. Hopefully it will work lan, Maybe not. Well I will see about that anyway :P
Baldurs Gate genre has a helfull and great modding community.

Edited by Loco, 29 January 2010 - 11:39 AM.

#466 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 12:03 PM

This will make it possible for me to "rar" my "modded" installation and sending it to my friend. Hopefully it will work lan, Maybe not. Well I will see about that anyway :P

Well, if it's exact copy(so you archive the whole game directory, and extract it to the same exact folder as the archive was made from) it will work, at least in theory. :)
Yes, we all try to be helpful... in our fights.

#467 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 12:13 PM

Don't forget to modify the [Alias]-section if needed and start the game with bgmain.exe, not with the baldur.exe (at least if you have not installed the game or imported some registry-keys).
THINK! - It's not illegal.

#468 -Russian-

-Russian-

Posted 29 January 2010 - 03:58 PM

one more thing :) - Is there any no-cd compatible with the BWP?

#469 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 04:38 PM

one more thing :) - Is there any no-cd compatible with the BWP?

Well, there is one in the NEJ2v42b.exe... it's an expert mod, but you can use the noCD.exe without installing the mod itself, and it should work.

#470 -Not a nOOb-

-Not a nOOb-

Posted 30 January 2010 - 04:07 PM

I can't get BiG_World_Setup_v8.2 to run properly.

When I run BiG World Setup.bat, I get the 1st screen with the "searching for changed mod-downloads", but it's frozen (ie. Not Responding).
The only way to get it to unfreeze, is to ctrl-alt-del to drop my desktop to the blue screen (where you can switch users, logoff, run task manager, etc) and then cancel back to my desktop. Then BWP unfreezes and proceeds to the Directories/Selection screen.

I can then continue to the "testing links" page w/o problems.
But now this page does not respond until I again ctrl-alt-del to drop my desktop to the blue screen (it freezes up on testing for "Big World Project [BWP] v8.2 http://www.shsforums etc.)

The next problem is, the testing links can't seem to find most of the mods I requested...
BiG World Link Debug
Spoiler

The problem after this is, the next screen which downloads the mods will CTD around 3/4 of the way through, and then lists this...

BWS_Trace
Spoiler

I'm running Vista w/User Accounts off.
I installed BG/TotSC & BGII/ToB in non-Program File folders (BGII/ToB in folder named BGII - SoA) & used "Run as Admin" when running the setup programs. Also patched w/5512 & 26498.

The really strange thing is: I initially installed as above, and BWP ran fine, downloaded every mod and installed them properly. Unfortunately, I then realized I had forgotten to add the patches, and also needed to name the BGII/ToB folder as BGII - SoA (I had called it something else). I figured it wouldn't be a problem to redo everything, and reinstalled with the patches and properly named BGII - SoA directory.

That's when the weirdness started.
ToB would not uninstall. If I clicked on the Control Panel/Remove Programs feature, nothing happened at all. If I ran the ToB Setup program, it kept asking if I wanted to install ToB (even though ToB was already installed, and could be played). I had to manually uninstall ToB and delete the regedit keys & InstallShield Installation Information.

The other strange thing when I reinstalled was: the Install Wizard would successfully install ToB, but when I hit the Finished button, the Install Wizard would freeze (black screen), and could only be closed if I logged off my desktop (remote procedure call failed error). ToB could still be played, but that's when the whole "ToB won't uninstall (w/o manually doing it)" thing started.

Sorry about the long post, but I'm really at my wits end here, and am seriously considering completely giving up on this mis-adventure.
Also sorry about using spoilers, instead of attaching the above files, but I couldn't find the attachments button.

Thanks in advance for any help with this.

#471 pauljh5

pauljh5
  • 19 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 06:27 AM

I just want to say, I havent played BG1 or II in years. I found this site and have only recently got around to installing the BWP, and im literally bowled over in total awe for the work thats been put into this and truly impressed by the pure excellence of the project as a whole, what a awesome way to revitalize what imo is one of the great classics.
Ive not really had a chance to properly play through it yet but from what i have seen, it is jaw dropping. So Thank You to all the people in this community who have had a hand in this project or any of the mods, black isle would be proud :)

Also, so far its all been working pretty trouble free. minor issue with the wild mage npc, but nothing exceptionally troublesome. so a success story

Edited by pauljh5, 31 January 2010 - 12:14 PM.

#472 -Russian-

-Russian-

Posted 01 February 2010 - 05:28 PM

Hi all!
I have a problem - BG running too slow and choppy.
I tried to change settings but nothing seems to work.
strange thing is that game runs normally at the very begining but after clearing nashkel mines it becomes too slow :(
other strange thing is that this glitches somhow connected with the items in my inventory - if I drop all containers (bags of holding, boxes for scrolls etc) it starts to run faster.

Looking forward for some advices :)

#473 prowler

prowler

Translator

• 425 posts

Posted 01 February 2010 - 10:30 PM

Hi all!
I have a problem - BG running too slow and choppy.
I tried to change settings but nothing seems to work.
strange thing is that game runs normally at the very begining but after clearing nashkel mines it becomes too slow :(
other strange thing is that this glitches somhow connected with the items in my inventory - if I drop all containers (bags of holding, boxes for scrolls etc) it starts to run faster.

Looking forward for some advices :)

Try to setup "Generalized Biffing". I think that problem is 'too large size Override folder'

Edited by prowler, 01 February 2010 - 10:30 PM.

Murloc-translator
Coordinator of the Russian BWP Translation Team - Arcanecoast.ru
Work with SHS, PPG, G3, CoM, Dragon's Hoard, Sorcerer's Place, RPG Dungeon

#474 -Russian-

-Russian-

Posted 02 February 2010 - 07:17 AM

I think Generalized Biffing is already installed with the BWP since there is "generalized_biffing" folder in my BGII-SoA directory

#475 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 07:22 AM

Look in your WeiDU.log for a GENERALIZED_BIFFING line at (almost) the end ;) (it doesn't matter if the folder is there, it doesn't do anything unless it's installed :lol:)

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#476 -Russian-

-Russian-

Posted 02 February 2010 - 07:31 AM

Yes, I have it

~GENERALIZED_BIFFING/GENERALIZED_BIFFING.TP2~ #0 #0 // generalized biffing: v2

#477 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 07:36 AM

Ok then :) Have you tried everything in point #5 of the awesome megamod FAQ?? :devil:

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#478 -Russian-

-Russian-

Posted 02 February 2010 - 07:41 AM

Lollorian, thank you, i'll give it a try

#479 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 08:54 AM

This can also happen if you container capacity is set too high. Unique Containers should fix this, unless you install other mods that mess with capacity after it like Mix-Mod and BG2 Tweaks.

#480 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 03 February 2010 - 03:56 PM

i just got in the asylum dungeon, and have xan with me.
however, xan is still frozen like he was in the dreamthing where i had to bring bhaal to imoen.
moving up the stairs to the left when you spawn started a (short) conversation about me getting woozy and him catching me, but he remains immovable and untalkable, with the telltale thinner less bright green circle.
a cursory search yielded nothing, any idea what this is and how to fix it?