DA: Mods

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#41 Vicen

Vicen

Swooping...is bad....

• 477 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 02:18 PM

The problem that might arise with mods is that obviously there will be little to no voice acting in them...and I as a player am so spoiled that without voice acting its just weird and what not to me...And even if there is voice acting it wont be the main chars that you play with of course...Anyone feel the same way and feel spoiled with voice acting?

Check out my gaming oriented Youtube channel >>> https://www.youtube....er/viceiceman85

#42 KIrving

KIrving
  • 244 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 02:23 PM

Source files are coming soon, thank heavens. Looking forward to getting my grubby hands on it, that's for sure.

Thank goodness. I was starting to wonder if the files were going to be released. It seemed that a lot of modders were hitting brick walls, with their heads, repeatedly. Maybe I'll finally be able to see some clothes modded in for mages. I want pants/shirt for a female mage instead of robes. (Magic pants! :) )
Also, better light armours, enhanced clothes for rogues would be great too.

I've started planning my first NPC, having a lot of fun mucking around with ideas so far. :)

I'm glad you're still planning on developing npcs. I'm looking forward to what you come up with.
"I'm just here to get the job done, let someone else be on the poster." Female Commander Shepard

#43 Eleima

Eleima

Geek Goddess

• Modder
  • 1861 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 02:45 PM

Yeah, I think you're right, Vicen... I might be a little spoiled with the voice acting... It's just that I enjoy it so much!!!

As for mage apparel, I have to say I agree with KIrving... I think that should be a priority. I *hated*, absolutely *hated* the mage clothing in vanilla Dragon Age, especially the helms. In fact, let's extrapolate to all helms, whether for mage or warriors or rogues... where in the Maker's name are the Ioun stones? ;)

Check out my DeviantArt account, as well as my scribbling on FanFiction.net
RPGBadgeLarge.png

sig.gif

#44 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 06:40 PM

There's a mod on that other site that automatically equips helms at the beginning of combat and unequips them when it's over.

Personally, I just leave the helmets off until combat starts. This sn't like BG2. You can even swap out armor in the middle o combat.

"Imagination is given to man to console him for what he is not; a sense of humor, for what he is." - Oscar Wilde

berelinde's mods
TolkienAcrossTheWater website
TolkienAcrossTheWater Forum

#45 Arkenor

Arkenor
  • 255 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 06:50 PM

Voicing NPCs seems to be essentially pretty simple. The problem is having them interact with existing NPCs. Claudia Black does not work cheap, I suspect. It'll be jarring for folks to suddenly have subtitles popping up (or, gods forbid, the awful built in voice synthesiser) when everything in the main game is fully voiced.
Arkenor Oakshadow
Ark's Ark Whois
Meddling in the affairs of modders. Modding in the affairs of genie.

#46 GreyViper

GreyViper
  • 511 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 11:43 AM

The Wardens keep DLC screams of expansion mod. Tough im not sure its doable at the moment, what with the DLC content locked. Its a pity really since using some ideas from NWN2 keep could have turned Wardens keep into A+ DLC. Now its just a small quest mod with merchant. Still fun as it was, it wasn't worth the price, but hey at least mine worked.
Democracy is three Dragons and a Cow voting on what's for dinner!

"A handsome young Cyborg named Ace,
Wooed women at every base,
But once ladies glanced at
His special enhancement
They vanished with nary a trace."

Barracks Graffiti
Sparta Command

#47 Crazee

Crazee
  • Modder
  • 533 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 01:34 PM

There's now a mod out for fully nude models, both genders, if anyone is interested. I personally find it quite hilarious!

http://www.dragonage...file.php?id=221

Having never been around a community when a game is first released, I'm curious to know when the first 'big' mods will be released. I think there will be some great stuff out, eventually, but for now, it looks like face morphs and convenience mods will have to do.

#48 Vicen

Vicen

Swooping...is bad....

• 477 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 08:02 PM

There's now a mod out for fully nude models, both genders, if anyone is interested. I personally find it quite hilarious!

http://www.dragonage...file.php?id=221

Having never been around a community when a game is first released, I'm curious to know when the first 'big' mods will be released. I think there will be some great stuff out, eventually, but for now, it looks like face morphs and convenience mods will have to do.

All I can say is "Wow!"

Check out my gaming oriented Youtube channel >>> https://www.youtube....er/viceiceman85

#49 Arkenor

Arkenor
  • 255 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 08:06 PM

It's a wonder that nobody ever got around to making a nude mod for BG2. They seem to be the first thing anyone makes everywhere else.
Arkenor Oakshadow
Ark's Ark Whois
Meddling in the affairs of modders. Modding in the affairs of genie.

#50 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 09:10 PM

Honestly, it isn't bad, as far as it goes. Judging from the images on the mod page, it looks like they didn't do a bad job integrating the meshes, and it isn't aesthetically ridiculous.

Since the mod overwrites other texture changes, like Whitened Teeth, which I'm very fond of, I doubt I'll be installing it, but it isn't bad. Anything is better than that terrible underwear.

"Imagination is given to man to console him for what he is not; a sense of humor, for what he is." - Oscar Wilde

berelinde's mods

#51 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 09:26 PM

It's a wonder that nobody ever got around to making a nude mod for BG2.

It's because the BG modding community is far too sophisticated for that. Heh, scratch that. I'm surprised I was even able to type it without LMAO.

But seriously, how could you tell? Certainly not on the tiny avatars, and the paperdolls wouldn't be much better (though WizWom did do a scantily-clad Imoen or something, for what that's worth).

I'm curious to know when the first 'big' mods will be released. I think there will be some great stuff out, eventually, but for now, it looks like face morphs and convenience mods will have to do.

That might be indicative of how it's going to go, I dunno. That seems to be what happened with the Oblivion community here anyway.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
================================================================
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#52 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 11:26 PM

I'm curious to know when the first 'big' mods will be released. I think there will be some great stuff out, eventually, but for now, it looks like face morphs and convenience mods will have to do.

That might be indicative of how it's going to go, I dunno. That seems to be what happened with the Oblivion community here anyway.

Until EA unlocks actual game content, i.e. dialogues, there's no possibility of that. Of course, it's theoretically possible to create stand-alone modules, like Harp and Chrysanthemum of NWN2 fame, but that takes a while to create. Figure six months to a year for anything quality. If EA ever unlocks game dialogues, I'm sure there will be things like flirt packs and unofficial romances, or added quest content, but until then, or until somebody figures out how to make an actual playable module, we're going to just have cosmetic mods and whatnot. Seriously, though, there's a lot of game to play with in the interrim.

I tell you, if EA ever does unlock game dialogues, the first thing I'm going t work on is quests for those named-but-forgotten characters. You see them all over the place. They have names, they are marginally interesting, but nothing ever comes of it. The cook in Arl Eamon's Denerim estate has a name, but nothing to do. Ditto the librarian. Anyway, it looks like there's plenty of room for expansion, if anybody ever can.

berelinde's mods

#53 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 12:50 AM

Rumor has it BioWare will unlock campaign content in the next few weeks in a toolset update. :)

#54 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 03:39 AM

Heh. If it happens, one of the first things I'm going to do is make it possible for the PC to have some kind of dialogue with Ser Cauthrien. She's just too cool to fade into silence. Could it be romance? Probably not, given her devotion to Lograin. Could it be something more casual? Probably.

berelinde's mods

#55 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 10:11 AM

Oh, gods, I was so happy to kill that bitch. She only has one phrase in Arl Eamon's estate, when Cauthrien is there with Loghain. It's "Watch your tongue when your betters are speaking, chirl," or something, pretty primitive. But by the gods, my character started hating her intensely - and it felt very, very good to be able to kill her afterwards. Even more than Howe, I'd say.

And if dialogue is available, I'd be happy to finally read the banter sheets. Reading the banter in-game by Camp -> Dalish Camp -> Camp route and listening to the audio just takes too long.

#56 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 11:14 AM

I usually just go to Orzammar and walk back and forth across the bridge to the Proving grounds. It's quicker.

Somebody out there posted an MP3 collection of the lines, on Petals and Thorns, I think, but I can't find it now.

berelinde's mods

#57 Crazee

Crazee
  • Modder
  • 533 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 11:32 AM

On the unofficial wiki, there's a page of almost all the banter, in text form. Go check it out. It's a gold mine.

#58 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 03:07 PM

On the unofficial wiki, there's a page of almost all the banter, in text form. Go check it out. It's a gold mine.

Link?

berelinde's mods

#59 Vicen

Vicen

Swooping...is bad....

• 477 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 06:50 PM

Until EA unlocks actual game content, i.e. dialogues, there's no possibility of that. Of course, it's theoretically possible to create stand-alone modules, like Harp and Chrysanthemum of NWN2 fame, but that takes a while to create. Figure six months to a year for anything quality. If EA ever unlocks game dialogues, I'm sure there will be things like flirt packs and unofficial romances, or added quest content, but until then, or until somebody figures out how to make an actual playable module, we're going to just have cosmetic mods and whatnot. Seriously, though, there's a lot of game to play with in the interrim.

I tell you, if EA ever does unlock game dialogues, the first thing I'm going t work on is quests for those named-but-forgotten characters. You see them all over the place. They have names, they are marginally interesting, but nothing ever comes of it. The cook in Arl Eamon's Denerim estate has a name, but nothing to do. Ditto the librarian. Anyway, it looks like there's plenty of room for expansion, if anybody ever can.

My guess for the cook was that if you were a male char and played your cards right and talked to her enough she would sleep with you or something...I seem to recall when I just finished my female char that was only 3 options to talk to her about instead of the usual 4 when I was a male...Then again I am sure it just one of those random things they put in there for no reason to get people to think about it.

#60 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 10:01 PM

Link?

Well, they are all divided to each companion, and so the companions main article should lead to the dialog article(in this case Leliana).

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.