REEVOR's cre

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 01:21 AM

I recently did an expert install (for the biffing thing :P) and these 2 errors seemed odd since they were supposed to be fixed according to this ...

So, basically, why is REEVOR so special, I've seen this same cre in many errorlogs :o Here for instance ...

The BWP Install.bat also has a reference to a special "reevorfixer" mod in it ...
%IFS%reevorfixer%S%reevorfixer%L%0%SK% 0 | %M%
... and a simple google search will show you that White Agnus has made something especially for this guy :( (second result in google if you still don't find it :doh:)

What makes this .cre go fubar??

Copying and patching 12154 files ...
ERROR: [REEVOR.CRE] -> [override/REEVOR.CRE] Patching Failed (COPY) (Invalid_argument("index out of bounds"))
Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [Three quarters of the potions dropped by slain enemies break and are lost], rolling back to previous state
Will uninstall 5252 files for [SETUP-SCS.TP2] component 5024.
Uninstalled	5252 files for [SETUP-SCS.TP2] component 5024.
ERROR: Invalid_argument("index out of bounds")
PLEASE email the file SETUP-SCS.DEBUG to www.gibberlings3.net
Automatically Skipping [Three quarters of the potions dropped by slain enemies break and are lost] because of error.
Revised Battles
We do not tamper with charbase.cre lightly.
ERROR: cannot convert i1 or %i1% to an integer
ERROR: [REEVOR.CRE] -> [override/REEVOR.CRE] Patching Failed (COPY) (Not_found)

ERROR Installing [Modify .CRE Proficiencies, Abilities & Effects. This component MUST be installed.], rolling back to previous state
Will uninstall 2045 files for [SETUP-REVISEDBATTLES.TP2] component 27.
Uninstalled	2045 files for [SETUP-REVISEDBATTLES.TP2] component 27.
ERROR: Not_found
PLEASE email the file SETUP-REVISEDBATTLES.DEBUG to erebusant@verizon.net
Automatically Skipping [Modify .CRE Proficiencies, Abilities & Effects. This component MUST be installed.] because of error.
Worth investigating??? :P

Edited by Lollorian, 07 January 2010 - 02:17 AM.

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#2 ScuD

ScuD
  • 492 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 06:47 AM

weidu --change-log reevor.cre and then check after which mod the CRE is changed incorrectly.

#3 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 07:33 AM

Aye, sorry bout that :P This be reevor.cre's changelog:

[WeiDU.exe] WeiDU version 21200
[WeiDU.exe] Using scripting style "BG2"

Mods affecting REEVOR.CRE:
00000: /* from game biffs */ ~SETUP-BGT.TP2~ 0 0 // Baldur's Gate Trilogy - Core
00001: ~SETUP-BGTTWEAK.TP2~ 0 2400 // Enemy items shatter
00002: ~SETUP-BPV179.TP2~ 0 0 // Big Picture AI/Enhancement Mod, version 179 weidu (beta)
<!---SCS goes here--->
<!---Revised Battles goes here--->
00003: ~P5TWEAKS/SETUP-P5TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #20 // Drop Items on Disintegration: v3
00004: ~SETUP-XPMOD.TP2~ 0 1 // Reduce to 50%
The errors seem to happen right after BPv179 :o (that was Bpv179d btw, not the latest e version :P)

And then P5Tweaks manages to patch the .cre without errors?? :wacko:

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

#4 Wisp

Wisp
  • Modder
  • 1353 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 07:49 AM

And then P5Tweaks manages to patch the .cre without errors?? :wacko:

It depends on which part of the file is hosed. As I recall, P5Tweaks does something with scripts, and if e.g. the item section of the .cre is hosed, P5Tweaks might not notice since scripts are earlier in the file than items.
Looking at the .cre file to try to determine how it has been ruined would likely be helpful. If you have the .cre files output by the change-log, someone can likely have a look at them if you were to upload them somewhere.

#5 -Star Hawk-

-Star Hawk-

Posted 07 January 2010 - 07:54 AM

Imho, the problem arises at use BiG World Fixpack 8.2.8, вecause file setup-reevorfixer.tp2 missing in it

#6 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 08:23 AM

Here's all the backup(ed) :P reevors I found ...

Attached Files

#7 Wisp

Wisp
  • Modder
  • 1353 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 08:58 AM

Here's all the backup(ed) :P reevors I found ...

They're all borked. Whatever borked them did so by deleting the 8 bytes containing the item name of the third item (randmag06 in vanilla BGT). The 12 leftover bytes screwed up the file structure. The cre file also says it still has 3 items. Since this is a BG1 creature and the .cre file from BGT's biff is faulty, I'd guess this is a BGT bug. Probably related to this one.

#8 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 09:08 AM

Imho, the problem arises at use BiG World Fixpack 8.2.8, вecause file setup-reevorfixer.tp2 missing in it

Well, the reevorfixer.tp2 can be found here ;) Can it fix this if it's run after BPv179??

They're all borked. Whatever borked them did so by deleting the 8 bytes containing the item name of the third item (randmag06 in vanilla BGT). The 12 leftover bytes screwed up the file structure. The cre file also says it still has 3 items. Since this is a BG1 creature and the .cre file from BGT's biff is faulty, I'd guess this is a BGT bug. Probably related to this one.

Yes, it seems to be the exact same problem, but Ascension64 said he fixed it ... :ermm: (or is this different from that??)

#9 ScuD

ScuD
  • 492 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 09:09 AM

I would check REEVOR.CRE in BGTTweak backup folder and also in BP.
But I'm sure BP only changes the script. So the culprit is definitely BGTTweak.

#10 Wisp

Wisp
  • Modder
  • 1353 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 12:02 AM

Looks like it is a BGT issue. Installing just Exnem's Vault and BGT corrupts reevor, reevor2 and skelded in the same way.

#11 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 07:33 AM

The problem might well be that the BWP somehow discontinues the reevorfixer :wacko: since this guy seems to have it in a v8 install ...

The BWS even says that its supposed to be in the BWPFixpack:
[setup-reevorfixer.exe]
Name=Reevor Fixer v1
Link=Manual
Down=Manual
Type=R,S,T,E,F
Tra=0:EN,0:GE,0:SP
GE-Ext=Die Dateien Reevor.cre und Reevor2.cre werden manchmal beim Importieren beschädigt. Dieses Tool repariert sie wieder. Der ReevorFixer ist im "BiG World Fixpack" enthalten und wird automatisch direkt nach "Baldur's Gate Trilogy" installiert.
EN-EXT=The files Reevor.cre and Reevor2.cre are sometimes damaged when importing. This tool will repair them again. The ReevorFixer is included in the "BiG World Fixpack" and will be automatically installed directly after "Baldur's Gate Trilogy".
SP-Ext=Los archivos Reevor.cre y Reevor2.cre se dañan algunas veces cuando son importados. Esta herramienta los reparará. ReevorFixer está incluido en el "BiG World Fixpack" y automáticamente se instalará tras "Baldur's Gate Trilogy".
Save=Manual
so, while that might solve my problem, it doesn't identify the source. Why does this li'l guy get singled out??

#12 Wisp

Wisp
  • Modder
  • 1353 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 08:13 AM

Seems like a silly way to do things. Better to figure out why the cre files are broken and fix that.
But it doesn't seem "reevorfixer" can handle the new and improved corruption of these files. At least, I'm getting a out of bounds error when I test.

#13 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 08:33 AM

Is there anything that a mod can do to cause that kinda error?? I mean, how can something just snip off 8 bytes and leave the rest??

Is there a pattern or function I can search for in all the mod files I have??Some function or something that deletes the 8 bytes?? :P

(omg :D questions :P)

#14 Wisp

Wisp
  • Modder
  • 1353 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 10:41 AM

REPLACE_TEXTUALLY ~8letters~ ~~ would do it. BGT uses R_T when it changes the random treasure items of the creatures imported from BG1 and the variable it uses to replace the old item is initialised to ~~. But the variable should be given a 8-byte value before the R_T is performed. Unfortunately I don't have the time to look into this properly (taking care of my sick cat really eats up my time), or I'd do something more than suggest BGT is somehow responsible in some out-of-the-way thread like this.

#15 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 11:05 AM

Ok, so BGT has these lines that REPLACE_TEXTUALLY ~RND<stuff>~
COPY + ~BG1CRE~ ~BG1CRE~ 
 REPLACE_TEXTUALLY "RNDTRE01" "%dest_tre1%"
 REPLACE_TEXTUALLY "RNDTRE02" "%dest_tre2%"
 REPLACE_TEXTUALLY "RNDTRE03" "%dest_tre3%"
 REPLACE_TEXTUALLY "RNDTRE04" "%dest_tre4%"
 REPLACE_TEXTUALLY "RNDTRE05" "%dest_tre5%"
BUT_ONLY_IF_IT_CHANGES

COPY_EXISTING + ~SKELDED.CRE~ ~BG1CRE~
 REPLACE_TEXTUALLY "RNDMAG03" "%dest_mag3%"
where:
SET next_idx_equip = 0
  SPRINT dest_mag3 ""
  SPRINT dest_tre2 ""
  SPRINT dest_tre3 ""
  SPRINT dest_tre4 ""
  SPRINT dest_tre5 ""
but you said that the thing missing in REEVOR is RNDMAG06 (which isn't in here :unsure:)

Anyway, here's Setup-BGT.tp2 (the latest one) for your viewing pleasure :P

Attached Files

Edited by Lollorian, 08 January 2010 - 11:12 AM.

#16 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 12:05 AM

Sometimes, searching for other posts before you start a new one can save folks a lot of effort :P.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#17 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 01:53 AM

In my defense, I'll just say that Wisp and me have already linked to that same topic :P (and it looked like A64 already fixed the issue there, but apparently, it isn't yet .. it may not have been related to BGT at all :unsure: ... atleast that's what I thought when I started this topic :lol:)

Edited by Lollorian, 11 January 2010 - 01:54 AM.

#18 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 02:38 AM

Ah, well why didn't you just continue the existing thread then? It's not like it's so old it'd be necroposting or anything. Seems odd how Wisp didn't come around to the problem until the 14th post here or so, when the exact same thing is stated in the 2nd post of the original thread (and really, you're repeating the same thing there just 2 posts up, regarding the REPLACE_TEXTUALLY and random treasure code in BGT :blink:).

I didn't look at this again, but offhand, I'd have to assume it's the same thing based on the description (was supposed to have been fixed in BGT and/or BWP Fixpack but wasn't).

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#19 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 03:12 AM

Aye then, can the discussion be moved here then??

#20 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 04:36 AM

The MegaMod forums seem to be a lot more busy compared to the BGT forums so it might be better to continue here anyway :P Continuing from the BGT thread linked above and Turambar's thread here (so as not to clutter that up meaninglessly :lol:)

Anyway, status update (after almost half a year :D): the problem seemingly still isn't fixed - nothing in Exnem changed that seems to be related to this problem but BGT did get an update that prevented assigning 8+ char items to cre files (which Miloch pointed out here) but Wisp did point out that the other problem with the reevors modded by Exnem is that they end up 8-bytes short :lol:

There is an old workaround though - install BGT after Exnem like Wisp pointed out in Turambar's thread

BUT but but but ... before anybody starts questioning and trying to debug this - we need to see if this problem still exists :ROFL: Anybody volunteering to do a test install with just 4 mods in this order??

1) BG2Fixpack
2) Exnem's Vault
3) BGT <- just check if BGT installs successfully
4) Revised Battles <- also check whether ALL components (that should be installed in the BWP) install nicely :P

Thanks for any help!
:cheers: