ME2: Launch Party Thread

• Please log in to reply
132 replies to this topic

#21 Vicen

Vicen

Swooping...is bad....

• 477 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 11:05 AM

Ive got the game buy the collectors edition which was only 10 dollars more the normal version at my local gamestop...sadly it seems LOTS of people are having trouble with their cerberus network activation card as am I...at least all the other stuff works...but so far its a great game!

EDIT - Everything is in order now just took em a few hours to fix it I guess

Edited by Vicen, 26 January 2010 - 09:24 PM.

Check out my gaming oriented Youtube channel >>> https://www.youtube....er/viceiceman85

#22 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 01:08 PM

Looking on the positive side, they will probably have those problems fixed when I get my copy. ;)

That's the only positive side I find in having a delayed pre-order though.

#23 Tempest

Tempest

Cue Ominous Music

• Modder
  • 6572 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 01:20 PM

Something I've discovered from a friend who got their hands on the game before she was supposed to: it doesn't look like it at first, but it seems that ME2 does continue the big storyline from ME1, though apparently you only find out how it does so towards the end.

"The righteous need not cower before the drumbeat of human progress. Though the song of yesterday fades into the challenge of tomorrow, God still watches and judges us. Evil lurks in the datalinks as it lurked in the streets of yesterday, but it was never the streets that were evil." - Sister Miriam Godwinson, Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri

#24 Qwinn

Qwinn
  • Modder
  • 3092 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 01:34 PM

Got my copy! Woohoo! Just about done installing all the DLC's, and will be diving in soon.

Qwinn

#25 Qwinn

Qwinn
  • Modder
  • 3092 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 01:59 PM

Awww hell... I redeemed the promos and installed all the DLC's from the launcher, before actually firing the game up. Now it's asking me to log in to set up Cerberus, which I already did, and after putting in my email and password, it freezes on a Please Wait screen for over 15 minutes :(

Qwinn

#26 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 02:09 PM

From what I've gathered, they're having some problems with their servers right now.

#27 Qwinn

Qwinn
  • Modder
  • 3092 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 04:41 PM

Sigh. Not only did I get nailed with the Cerberus bug, but I can't play the game at all :( Freezing on the load screen as soon as I try to create a character.

This thread describes the problem. It's already been locked once because they thought it was a duplicate thread about the Cerberus issue. Sigh. That was half an hour ago. We've no evidence beyond that that they're even aware of the problem.

http://social.biowar.../index/772168/1

Those of you who won't get your hands on the game for a few days... trust me, you're better off.

Qwinn

#28 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 04:43 PM

Got mine--guess we'll see how it goes! Sorry to hear about your issues Qwinn :(

#29 Qwinn

Qwinn
  • Modder
  • 3092 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 05:17 PM

Well, for those only having half of my problems, looks like the Cerberus issue is fixed now.

Course, the forums seem to be down now too, sigh. Think I'ma take a nap.

Qwinn

Edited by Qwinn, 26 January 2010 - 05:19 PM.

#30 Qwinn

Qwinn
  • Modder
  • 3092 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 12:09 AM

Vicen, if I may ask, are you running on a single processor or a duo/quadro processor? There's a question as to whether the problem we're experiencing is related to that. If you're running on a single processor and doing fine, that would eliminate that issue.

Anyone else running fine on a single processor?

Qwinn

#31 Pain Elemental

Pain Elemental

Always here, just look harder.

• 643 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 01:59 AM

I've got mine!

And I've been playing it non-stop. :Bow:
Aside from some minor glitches, it's one of the best games I've ever seen.
After an eternity away from you all, I've returned.

#32 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 02:21 AM

Playing mine, too. Awesome so far! Can't wait to play more :D

#33 Qwinn

Qwinn
  • Modder
  • 3092 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 05:39 AM

Can the people who aren't having problems please report if they are running single or multiple processors? Thanks lots.

Qwinn

#34 Vicen

Vicen

Swooping...is bad....

• 477 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 07:40 PM

No problems at all at my end anymore...the game is awesome I am sure all of you will enjoy it...I am astounded at the amount of content you get when you import your mass effect 1 save into the game its quite awesome!

EDIT - Im not running on a single processor btw but the errors I had no longer happen

Edited by Vicen, 27 January 2010 - 08:31 PM.

Check out my gaming oriented Youtube channel >>> https://www.youtube....er/viceiceman85

#35 Pain Elemental

Pain Elemental

Always here, just look harder.

• 643 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 02:16 AM

Can the people who aren't having problems please report if they are running single or multiple processors? Thanks lots.

Qwinn

Quad core, and I had no problems at all.

And I finished the game, by playing the last few days non-stop. :woot:
Awesome of course, and the ending is very well done.
After an eternity away from you all, I've returned.

#36 Eleima

Eleima

Geek Goddess

• Modder
  • 1861 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 05:12 AM

You've finished already??? Wow! My copy isn't here yet (the site does say 3 to 5 business days, there *do* have to swim across a body of water to get here, I guess), so I'm insanely jealous in a way. In a way only, because I firmly intend to savor every moment and not rush through the whole thing (I do have this tendency to complete every side-quest, listen to every dialog, so my playthroughs are probably longer than the average gamer's).

Awesome, you say? So is it everything we'd hoped for? ^_^

Edited by Eleima, 28 January 2010 - 05:12 AM.

Check out my DeviantArt account, as well as my scribbling on FanFiction.net
RPGBadgeLarge.png

sig.gif

#37 Qwinn

Qwinn
  • Modder
  • 3092 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 05:21 AM

I was finally able to play, by taking the advice in that thread and overwriting most of the loading screen files with just a flat green screen. I still get awful freezing in some cutscenes, but most of the game plays very very smoothly. Smoother than ME1, actually.

It's looking like it IS a single-core processor issue. A totally trivial one, though, that should be resolvable via programming. Here's hoping. Unfortunately, looking at the box, it states dual core as a minimum requirement, which is crap if you ask me. When I preordered the game, the requirements weren't listed yet, so I had no way to know this would be a problem.

BTW, the game is fantastic. Seriously. Much better than ME1, IMO. And I've only recruited two people so far (the merc and the professor).

Qwinn

Edited by Qwinn, 28 January 2010 - 05:22 AM.

#38 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 07:54 AM

You've finished already??? Wow! My copy isn't here yet (the site does say 3 to 5 business days, there *do* have to swim across a body of water to get here, I guess), so I'm insanely jealous in a way. In a way only, because I firmly intend to savor every moment and not rush through the whole thing (I do have this tendency to complete every side-quest, listen to every dialog, so my playthroughs are probably longer than the average gamer's).

Awesome, you say? So is it everything we'd hoped for? ^_^

It's the same for me - my CE isn't here yet and the part about length of playthroughs. I spent 83 hours on finishing Dragon Age: Origins, but it's not my longest playthrough, you'd find that in the IE games section.

#39 Darziak

Darziak

Neutral

• 681 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 08:40 AM

Woo I got it a day early. :woot:

I got to play for three hours and it's lookin good. Now I'm stuck babysitting my nephew and watch him play it. -_-

I got the nice few goodies from CE and blood dragon armour from DA'O.

Just a one off glitch but when my nephew played and watching the intro the game froze when you get the first achievenment. (on xbox 360)

#40 Vicen

Vicen

Swooping...is bad....

• 477 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 08:51 AM

Heh im taking this game slow for me...I dont want to bum rush through it like I did with dragon age...