Bug Report for 0.52

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#1 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 07:24 PM

There aren't any. (ha - crack myself up)

The new areas of Cormyr are not complete. So yes, they are therefore buggy. However, the idea is really for you to wander around and see our next part of the story.

There are some new NPCs, Porph and Erin. Both can be found in Westgate if you had Narcissa join your party back in Mistmoor. Erin is very new, not even a week old. He has no soundset yet and very few banters. However, Porph has many more and should be more useful for now.

The Worldmap has some corrections. Mistmoor was shown from Saltmarsh. This shouldn't happen anymore. Also, the areas within Selgaunt should show up on the map as you move to the edges of each area. New area TC4000 can be found West of Selgaunt's West Gate area. From there, you can go to Immersea and then up to Arabel. Arabel doesn't even have doors yet, let alone people or ambients.

Please post anything unusual that you are still seeing in the game. Thanks.

Tired of Bhaal? Try some classics mods instead:
Classic Adventures
Official Classic Adventures Website

#2 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 17 February 2010 - 07:17 PM

1. Ran into Suna Seni and crew three times
2. When Rilithar talks, the sounds come a few seconds late
3. Might just be me, but if you ask Lord Mac in Mistmoor what he's doing there, then the caravan timer won't expire. I waited 10 in-game days and used AdvanceRealTime codes, and he kept saying to wait. I reloaded and said "you said I should talk to you about the caravan trip," and it worked perfectly.
4. Selgaunt Bridge--in the Outlook Inn, Stein was there and Jak wasn't, so I couldn't do...anything. Spawned Jak via the console, talked to him, and it worked fine.

#3 -ELH-

-ELH-

Posted 18 February 2010 - 07:16 AM

1) In Westgate, my paladin (16 strength, 14 THAC0, mastery in bastard swords) did about 5 damage per hit with a normal bastard sword--about as much as Dirbert did on a critical hit with his fists. Kept playing and reloaded a couple times, and everything seems to be normal again.

2) Also in Westgate--if you talk to the child who offers to help you escape, then go through the caves back to Westgate, he's still there. So in theory, you can "escape" an infinite number of times.

3) N00b stupidity/RTFM? Rilithar has been in the party for about 7 in-game days and several real-time hours. He banters with other party members, and has nothing to say to my character. I was under the impression that the romance was partly written and coded.

#4 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 11:45 AM

Ril's Romance -

You must be either human, elf, or half-elf. Non-evil, Charisma above 10. That should be it.

Kellanar - Okay, fixed for next release. Thanks.

Classic Adventures

#5 -ELH-

-ELH-

Posted 18 February 2010 - 01:45 PM

RE: romance--PC is a half-elf fighter/cleric with 17 charisma, Lawful Good.

#6 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 10:27 AM

Upload a saved game. I'll take a look at the global variables to see which one isn't triggering correctly.

Classic Adventures

#7 -Alice-

-Alice-

Posted 08 March 2010 - 01:22 AM

Awesome conversion :lol:

Here are bugs/(or effects of me doing something very wrong) that I've found:

1. Slavers who are after Shadow spawned two times.
2. There's bug in coding preventing Aleigha flirts from starting.
3. After Mistmoore Mansion when I joined Rilithar for second time and then throw him out, he didn't start "throwing out" dilogue and didn't speak to me ever after ^_^
4. If Aesdale is in my party and PC is good, there is no way to get "GoodAlthon option" I've checked the code and found out that even when PC wants to defeat slavers with Althon help (not defeat and take over the bussines) PC still turns evil - I don't know if it's a bug.
5.I found two copies of "Dwarf document" - one in Silver Princess palace and one in Ravine.
6.After doing MD quest and going back to Bridge elf is still there and start the whole conversation from the begining as if I've never done the quest.
7.After throwing out Rivian won't talk to me.
8.I've installed CA version 0.52 two times (every time doing new BG2 install) choosing the "install all" option:
first time I could use only one magical protecting object per NPC,
now after second install I can use them all together ^_^
9.And last thing for now - but that's not the bug (just me being sad) - lack of option to play both Saltmarsh and UK quests :P

Sorry for my English,
CA is great mod :D

#8 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 02:15 AM

1. Slavers who are after Shadow spawned two times.

5.I found two copies of "Dwarf document" - one in Silver Princess palace and one in Ravine.

You shouldn't be doing those two things... although I always do... :whistling: ... you should actually go to the ravine OR the palace and then go to Saltmarsh...

Same goes with the 9. As it's really harder to balance a game with one option against another and yet still with both included. It's prefered for you do one or the other, not both. So OK, I found away to do both, but that's just me.

What comes to the 8., you should look into your setup-....debug files with notepad and find out the reason why one of the components didn't install.

Edit: swiched the above to sentences to make it sensiable.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 08 March 2010 - 03:49 AM.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#9 -Alice-

-Alice-

Posted 08 March 2010 - 03:39 AM

Thanks Jarno :lol:

I've always asumed that since I can enter both Palace and Ravine - that both quests can be done - for example one in first chapter, and the other one later (or both in first ^_^ )

Now that you wrote about it, I think that have an idea how to do both Saltmarsh&UK :devil:

Bug:

10. I can't change Markessa's copy back to Ceri and after I use the scroll she even stops talking to me.
11. I can't enter tombs in Markessa's stronghold - every time there is a big crush. Second install didn't help. Crush took place even when I transported my party there via CLUA. Might it be something with creatures spawning in that area?

#10 -Alice-

-Alice-

Posted 08 March 2010 - 05:52 AM

Bug:

12.Bard potion quest in Saltmarsh - no matter how quickly I do it, as soon as I get the potion he stops talkig to me - had to use SK to change global from 4 to 2 then every thing works fine.
13. I was able to enter Selgaunt (north-east area) from Bridge before going to Westgate - I think that's a bug?

#11 lfl

lfl
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 10:02 PM

I wasn't quite sure if I it was more appropriate to make a new topic for this, but since they're rather menial problems I'll post them here.
I just started playing yesterday and I've just noticed, after reaching westgate that most of my party members never talk to my pc and they just banter amongst themselves. I noticed since I've had Rillithar in my party for quite a long time now and he hasn't yet spoken to her, a few times it seemed like he was going to but instead of a dialog, the pc initiated flirts sort of initiated themselves on their own. I checked the globals on shadowkeeper. Anyway, I don't know what might be wrong here, Aesdale never ever talked to me, and I was under the impression he had a romance too. Only Paraway and Vildamyr have talk to my pc thus far. Is this normal? Just in case, I'll add that my pc is neutral good elf with 18 char, so it couldn't have been about that.
Thanks in advance.

#12 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 04:53 AM

Aesdale has a romance that should be working. Also, if you are romancing Ril, there is a conflict between them. So all of that should have triggered by now.

Classic Adventures

#13 Solar's Harper

Solar's Harper

Under Star & Sky.

• Modder
  • 2758 posts

Posted 10 April 2010 - 03:01 AM

Ok, this is strange. First time without a hitch, and now every time (yes, even with a redownloaded version) the install hiccups on the experience patcher from BGT-Weidu. The irony of this would be amusing if it didn't give headaches - and strangely enough the Rar file had no errors for once. ;)

In hindsight it also sounds rather similar to darthdave's problem. Anyone else receiving this problem?

Classic Adventures - a Total Conversion compilation dedicated to bringing many of the old and new PnP modules into the wonderfully dangerous world that is Baldur's Gate II.   Fancy link button to Downloads page.

CA Forum.  Bugs to be squashed, feedback to be welcomed!

Website at: http://classicadventuresmod.com/
~***~***~***~

When in doubt, lockpick a mudcrab!

Beware the nug conspiracy!

#14 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 10 April 2010 - 03:11 AM

Anyone else receiving this problem?

Well, I didn't, as far as I could tell... You might wish to update the archive tool and see if it can pick up something. And DD said to be .jzip file, when it's a ClassicAdventures052.RAR file by default on Firefox... don't know though if the problem he encountered was related to that or was he just thinking that the file was a .jzip cause he was able to open the file with a jZip program...

Implementing experience patcher from BGT-Weidu
Copying and patching 1 file ...
[BGMain.exe] loaded, 7839790 bytes
BGMain.exe copied to Classics052/Backup/0/BGMain.exe, 7839790 bytes
ERROR: COPY ~BGMain.exe~ ~BGMain.exe~ FAILED: cannot open target
Stopping installation because of error.

Hmm.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 12 April 2010 - 01:13 AM.

#15 Solar's Harper

Solar's Harper

Under Star & Sky.

• Modder
  • 2758 posts

Posted 10 April 2010 - 06:31 AM

That's the thing Jarno, it transfers over just fine - even better with my last retry. It's the install of that one specific component that seems to be creating such a large upset, it tries to access the BGMain Exe, and fails to do so thus leading to eight minutes of wasted install time. PowerArchiver in my experience, has never had much of a problem dealing with CA, or indeed anything else I've tested it on.
This debug file should help illuminate the issue hopefully.

Attached Files

Classic Adventures - a Total Conversion compilation dedicated to bringing many of the old and new PnP modules into the wonderfully dangerous world that is Baldur's Gate II.   Fancy link button to Downloads page.

~***~***~***~

#16 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 06:44 AM

I would say there is something off in the original installation, as your lines go:
WeiDU v 21100 Log

C:\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\Setup-Classics052.exe

[./CHITIN.KEY] loaded, 590551 bytes

[./CHITIN.KEY] 182 BIFFs, 41793 resources

[dialog.tlk] loaded, 8692747 bytes

[dialog.tlk] 74107 string entries

[./Autorun.ini] loaded, 1452 bytes

[./baldur.ini] loaded, 3040 bytes

Possible HD/CD Path: [C:\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\]

Possible HD/CD Path: [C:\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\CD1\]

Possible HD/CD Path: [C:\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\CD2\]

Possible HD/CD Path: [C:\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\CD2\]

Possible HD/CD Path: [C:\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\CD3\]

Possible HD/CD Path: [C:\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\CD4\]

Possible HD/CD Path: [C:\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\CD5\]

[./Keymap.ini] loaded, 5624 bytes

[./Mplaynow.ini] loaded, 230 bytes

[C:\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\Setup-Classics052.exe] Using scripting style "BG2"

[dialog.tlk] claims to be writeable.

[dialog.tlk] claims to be a regular file.

WARNING: parsing log [WeiDU.log]: Sys_error("WeiDU.log: No such file or directory")

Using Language [English]

[English] has 1 top-level TRA files

[Classics052/AddOns/Bg2fixpack/english/setup.tra] has 101 translation strings...
And my go:
WeiDU v 21100 Log

C:\Classic Adventures\BGII - SoA\Setup-Classics052.exe

[./CHITIN.KEY] loaded, 590551 bytes

[./CHITIN.KEY] 182 BIFFs, 41793 resources

[dialog.tlk] loaded, 11215624 bytes

[dialog.tlk] 93083 string entries

[./Autorun.ini] loaded, 1452 bytes

[./baldur.ini] loaded, 3532 bytes

Possible HD/CD Path: [C:\Classic Adventures\BGII - SoA\]

Possible HD/CD Path: [C:\Classic Adventures\BGII - SoA\CD1\]

Possible HD/CD Path: [C:\Clean Backups\BGII - SoA\CD2\]

Possible HD/CD Path: [C:\Clean Backups\BGII - SoA\CD3\]

Possible HD/CD Path: [C:\Clean Backups\BGII - SoA\CD4\]

Possible HD/CD Path: [C:\Clean Backups\BGII - SoA\CD5\]

[./Keymap.ini] loaded, 5615 bytes

[./Mplaynow.ini] loaded, 230 bytes

[C:\Classic Adventures\BGII - SoA\Setup-Classics052.exe] Using scripting style "BG2"

[dialog.tlk] claims to be writeable.

[dialog.tlk] claims to be a regular file.

Using Language [English]

[English] has 1 top-level TRA files

[Classics052/AddOns/Bg2fixpack/english/setup.tra] has 101 translation strings...
And my game should be clean patched and never modified game.

#17 Solar's Harper

Solar's Harper

Under Star & Sky.

• Modder
  • 2758 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 01:24 AM

Likewise, clean full install of both SOA and TOB, plus the necessary patch.

~***~***~***~

#18 HERD

HERD
  • Modder
  • 283 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 09:49 AM

Bug or glitch?
The game crashes when I try to enter TC1605 (from TC1604)

#19 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 04:38 PM

The game crashes when I try to enter TC1605 (from TC1604)

If you have 'Logging On=1' under Program Options in your baldur.ini, do you get any text back in a Baldur.err file after the crash?

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
================================================================
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#20 HERD

HERD
  • Modder
  • 283 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 10:13 PM

Nothing besides

Start Logging Session