Posted 24 June 2010 - 10:18 PM

Standart line is added : "Start Logging Session"

#22 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 11:56 PM

Hmph, well if there's no .err log it's tough to tell. I can't see anything wrong with the area offhand, but my install is probably old and maybe the CA folks changed something. How far does the "loading bar" get when you go to the area? This is some old info from seanas that may or may not help:

if immediate black screen of death: corrupted creature listed in the .are file; if it makes it approx 1/3 thru loading screen: corrupted .are file; if almost the whole way: something corrupted added via the .bcs file; if the whole way, area briefly shows then CTD: animation conflict.

You could try CLUAing every creature in the .are file. It looks like there's a lot, but many use the same .cre so there's only about 5 or 6 unique ones I think.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#23 HERD

HERD
  • Modder
  • 283 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 02:50 AM

Crashes on CreateCreature("TCCRYPT1")

Looking into it

#24 HERD

HERD
  • Modder
  • 283 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 03:26 AM

Changed animation, works
Thanks!

#25 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 02:23 PM

What animation did tccrypt1.cre have on your install? On mine, it has 0xe050 lich_black, which should be fine because it's a standard BG2 animation, but maybe they've changed it since then. Actually I just checked a (slightly) newer install, which has 0xe060 lich_white, which should also be fine, being an existing BG2 slot, but perhaps the CA folks forgot to copy the animation over (it's in IWD but not BG2, even though there's a BG2 slot for it, which coexists with the existing 0x7f0d MLIC slot).

Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#26 HERD

HERD
  • Modder
  • 283 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 06:38 AM

I have 0xe060 ic_lich in the creature file

#27 -Sir BillyBob-

-Sir BillyBob-

Posted 30 June 2010 - 04:04 AM

I may have forgotten to change back the animation file after removing IA from this version. I hope to re-introduce IA into the next release.

#28 HERD

HERD
  • Modder
  • 283 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 09:07 AM

Warning, possible spoiler!!!!!
Bug or easter egg...

Fun item! (looks like it is original BG item?)
Found letter, put it in the active slot, used it like a scroll.
It multiplied, was able to sell it for 3 something mill...
Edit: I can buy it back and do the same all over again, this time sells a little cheaper - 2 mill :)

Attached Images

• Letter.png

Edited by HERD, 30 June 2010 - 11:41 AM.

#29 leahnkain

leahnkain
  • Modder
  • 7658 posts

Donator

Posted 30 June 2010 - 09:00 PM

I never created the item, maybe SirBillyBob added it?

Longing for the old pen and paper modules of the 70's and 80's. Experience AD&D's greatest adventures using the infinity engine: Visit our homepage at http://classicadventuresmod.com/

#30 Sam.

Sam.
  • Administrator
  • 1292 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 09:33 PM

I never created the item, maybe SirBillyBob added it?

There were quite a few scrolls in BG1 (w/ToSC?) that could be put in the quick-item slot that shouldn't have been able too. This is one of those and seemingly got copied as-is (along with most of the other items from BG1) to BG2 when it was created. Cool way to cheat the game though :P .

"Ok, I've just about had my FILL of riddle asking, quest assigning, insult throwing, pun hurling, hostage taking, iron mongering, smart-arsed fools, freaks, and felons that continually test my will, mettle, strength, intelligence, and most of all, patience! If you've got a straight answer ANYWHERE in that bent little head of yours, I want to hear it pretty damn quick or I'm going to take a large blunt object roughly the size of Elminster AND his hat, and stuff it lengthwise into a crevice of your being so seldom seen that even the denizens of the nine hells themselves wouldn't touch it with a twenty-foot rusty halberd! Have I MADE myself perfectly CLEAR?!"

--<CHARNAME> to Portalbendarwinden

--------------------

post-10485-0-15080600-1348188745.jpg
___________Old pen and paper modules of the 70s and 80s.___________

CA Forums CA Homepage

#31 HERD

HERD
  • Modder
  • 283 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 01:04 AM

Mace of Disruption +2 (BLUN25.itm) has one of its two extended effects,
namely Use EFF File [177] with MESDIE as its source, mentioned also among its equipping effects.
The result is every time I load a game, it hurts the wielder, which would be fine, but then shouldn't it be mentioned in the item description?

#32 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 01:28 AM

I may have forgotten to change back the animation file after removing IA from this version. I hope to re-introduce IA into the next release.

You don't need IA or any .exe patching to use that slot, since it's in BG2 by default. However, the animations themselves are not, so you need to copy the MLIC*.bam files from IWD. They don't conflict with BG2's MLIC since one uses the IWD slot format and the other the BG2 format, so they can coexist. They both use the MLIC.2da file for sounds but that's ok, 'cause they're both liches.

If you didn't place that scroll specifically in CA, check it's not in your rnd*.2da (random treasure) tables. I think it's even in BG2 by default - the "Realistic random treasures" tweak in Aurora removes it.

#33 HERD

HERD
  • Modder
  • 283 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 02:57 AM

2 little things: the Merchant runs out of the inn when there is a fight, but never comes back inside and stays on the stairs (sailors blocking his path?), so everybody from then on sleeps outside.

Captan Beril, when ready to travel waits for you on the ship, but at the same time is still in his house with same first-time-talk dialog.

Attached Images

• merchant.png

#34 Ramoth

Ramoth
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 01:04 AM

Classic Adventure is a great work and gives a wonderful variety to BG.

I had so far no problems, the only one were the NPC dialogues.

For example:
  • No LT of Rilithar startet
  • Also I had the impression many of the NPC dialogues did not begin. The NPCs often turned to each other as if they wanted to say something but nothing happened
  • Icar fights against my PC always up to the death

This play through made a lot of fun to me, indeed, the few dialogues damped the play fun.
So it seemed to me at many places as if I was on the only one in the party.

Maybe I should try a new installtion?

#35 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 05:56 AM

There should be several banters between each of your party members. Normally when they turn to each other that is a sign that a banter will begin. If you added the banter accelerator option, be aware that you will run out of banters quickly for some NPCs. A few like Althon/Aesdale have many but some NPCs still only have 3-4. You could run through them in a day of game play and now have nothing left.

Tired of Bhaal? Try some classics mods instead:
Classic Adventures
Official Classic Adventures Website

#36 Ramoth

Ramoth
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 06:31 AM

There should be several banters between each of your party members. Normally when they turn to each other that is a sign that a banter will begin. If you added the banter accelerator option, be aware that you will run out of banters quickly for some NPCs. A few like Althon/Aesdale have many but some NPCs still only have 3-4. You could run through them in a day of game play and now have nothing left.

No accelerator
Most of the time my party was Dirbert, Rilithar, Vildamyr, Rihn, Alton.
There were dialogs between Vildamyr - Rihn and Rihn - Alton but nothing more.

Sorry for my english :/

#37 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 07:51 AM

All but Dirbert have several dialogs with you. Dirbert may have a few (can't remember anymore) but they won't be as detailed as the others.

No acceleration means it could be several days before banters trigger (game days, not real days). The accelerator triggers every game hour. You can see if there are any more banters by forcing them using CTRL-I. You should see the NPCs turn to each other everytime you use that command. If nothing happens, you ran out of banters that can be used in that area. Remember that some banters and dialogs will be based on where you are (Myth Drannor for example).

Classic Adventures

#38 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 08:11 AM

Okay, I finally got a free day to go over the posted bugs and see what can really be fixed.

* Suna Seni duplicatd attacks
I have changed the area scripts to see if that will fix the problem. Issue is always with the buggy OnCreation() command. I remember having problems with this command on other mods.

* Lord Mac not triggering caravan dialog
He will only trigger this if you defeated Erebus. The Mistmoor quest has to be completed and you must wait 3 days from the timer start.

* Selgaunt bridge has no Jak
Could be you were supposed to do the Inverness Tower. He won't appear if that quest starts. Only if Lizardman quests are done or Inverness is now done. I need more info to track it if something else triggers. Jak will not be upstairs until after you talk to him outside, if you bypassed him, that is the result.

* Kellanar (child at Westgate) still there
Fixed

* Rilithar's romance
Buggy. I am not the romance writer on the team. I haven't followed all his dialogs to see what is happening. Someday...

* Duplicated Slavers for Shadow and copies of Dwarf document.
As stated numerous times - don't do both quest stories. I don't force you to not do them but logically you are supposed to run to Saltmarsh, why are you wasting time going to the other area?

* Good Althon
Doesn't exist yet. We haven't finished out this storyline.

* Rivian not talking
Should be fixed now.

* Pelja doesn't talk again at Selgaunt bridge.
She shouldn't even be there. Another bug I haven't been able to fix.

* Crypts in A2 fortress (Markessa's area)
Crypt thing wasn't using correct animation. Fixed for next version.

* Aleigha romance not triggering.
I love loops in programming. Fixed.

* Bard potion
Works fine for me. The only timer is that you must wait 1 day for the potion to be made. He has not timer himself so I don't understand the problem.

* Entering Selgaunt too early in game
Fixed.

* Aesdale's romance.
See Ril above.

* Items from BG/TotSC
Fixed several scrolls/letters that you now can't put into quickslots. Don't ask me why Bioware made these.

* Mace of Disruption
Corrections to it are made in the BG2FixPack. However, they seemed to have also added the "fix" of damaging the welder. Maybe they have a fix in their next version.

* Bartender runs out of tavern at Westgate
Fixed, he should now return once slavers are dead.

* Captain Beril
Should not be at his home once he appears on docks, at least the script should be working now.

* Icar fights to death
Set now to 50% of his HP. He should pause and start the dialog. Your continual attacks may prevent this. Try to stop fighting after a few successful hits to see what happens.

Classic Adventures

#39 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 10:06 AM

Update:

Markessa's clone will now transition to Ceri when you use the scroll. I was missing a condition to check for in her script.

Classic Adventures

#40 -noirf-

-noirf-

Posted 19 August 2010 - 10:33 PM

Noticed a few NPC related bugs during my game, thought it would be helpful to report them.

- Narcissa, Bergon and Terra have no kick-out dialogues, causing Narcissa and Bergon to attempt to talk to the PC but triggering nothing, and Terra to simply remain still.
- In the Mistmoor manor, if Bergon is in your party, you cannot enroll Rihn because the line related to the date Bergon is supposed to say does not trigger. Had to kick out Bergon to take Rihn in, and since Bergon has no kick-out dialogue, had to get rid of him.

Apart from that, amazing job. Would love to run a finished version of the game.