• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Eleima

Eleima

Geek Goddess

• Modder
  • 1861 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 09:57 AM

I was browsing the BioWare forums and found a pinned topic with some user's wishes for ME3 which caught my attention. It got me thinking, what did *I* hope for in ME3? Which led me to even more thinking (a bad sign, I know ;) ): what would *you guys* like to see in ME3? (Remember, this is just a wish list, it's just for fun and is therefore pure speculation. Also, I'm assuming that you won't look at this thread unless you've completed the first two games, so there will be spoilers)

First, here is said user's wishlist:

Give us levels that make us feel like we've accomplished something! (VERY IMPORTANT!)
What's the point in leveling up a character when you don't unlock something for getting there, or have a harder time fighting something as you level up. Let me give you an example. This game levels you up very well but you have no challenges. Enemies seem to stay at an incredibly balanced difficulty throughout the game. It'd be nice to have enemies outside of your level that are too difficult to kill, or much harder. Another thing would be level requirements for certain ship upgrades, guns, ammo, armor, etc. Give us the illusion that the higher the level we are, the stronger we are! IMHO there was no sense of this in ME2, and half the upgrades we got we never noticed.

Bring back the Inventory (upgradeable sizing)
There's always a good feeling knowing what's in your backpack. RPG gamers love looting! It's always exciting to pick up something that may, or may not be better than what you currently own. Another aspect of that great RPG feel could be to upgrade our bag size. Looting objects and selling them at different markets would be great. For instance selling something at OMEGA could be more valuable than at the Citadel.

Upgradeable weapons/armor (The NEW fashioned way)
I don't really like the new weapon upgrades as much as the first ME. I think that for ME3 something completely different would be great for everybody who enjoys this game. Give us content! Perhaps a new sniper rifle barrel, or a different scope/zoom distance. Magazine size/Ammo size. ETC. Something that really can make our weapons UNIQUE! Everyone can have the highest upgrade, but with this method of customization there's many more ways to enjoy killing the reapers!

Where did the vehicle go!? Please. . . Give it back!!
I loved the driving aspect of the game. It really gave you a sense of how large the game was. It mad me feel cramped having to walk around everywhere. I'm not exactly sure why, but for some reason whenever I got into the vehicle the game just felt that much bigger to me. I loved it. It may not have driven the best, but it sure was a great part to the game. I heard of talk about them creating a vehicle, but I've completed the game, and explored every planet with no success of driving one, nor did I see a place where one could be used.

Please, Make the citadel larger.
This one is crucial to me, but I'm not sure how this strikes other gamers. I really enjoyed the citadel in ME1, not soo much in ME2 though. It seemed a lot smaller and the fact that it was just a bunch of levels on top of each other wasn't much for me. I really enjoyed being in the Citadel in ME1 and loved to explore the life in it. The Citadel in ME2 seems lifeless, just a bunch of shops and levels. I guess it's hit or miss on this one with the community, but I though I'd point it out.

While doing missions, make them less linear.
Hard to get lost during a mission, it always felt like a hallway leading with doors to the objective. DON'T get me wrong, I don't feel as if the game is linear, but 80% of the mission are. There's usually only one way to go, one way to complete it, and one way in/out. Open it up! we want to explore!

Keep the Normandy just as exploreable/vehicle
Another big one for me. I think it'd be great to have the Normandy land on a planet, walk down to the cargo hold, get into a vehicle, and drive it out onto the unexplored planet. Something tiny, but it's this attention to detail that really makes a game shine!

More Normandy fights!
In ME2 we don't really use the upgrades for anything at all. We spend thousands and thousands on mats upgrading our ship. . . and for what? A quick dodge at the end of the game? I wanted to really see how the upgrades worked, all I seen was it go through some degree. Some dogfighting would be great.

Give us Earth! If ME3 really is the end of the trilogy (better not be!) than at least let us explore our homeplanet. Have the reapers invade it or something. I duno, just bring earth into the picture. I want to see it in the future.

Keep this as the best game I've ever played, just put some more RPG elements into it!

I'm going to go ahead and agree with what's already been said regarding the Citadel (too small in ME2, bring back the Presidium, the Tower and Flux!!) and the MAKO (I liked the feeling of open terrain to explore, but they just need to tweak it so that we don't go flying off mountain sides).
Other things I would like to see:
* My FemShep used to know how to dance, back in ME1. In ME2, she just kinda stands there, hopping from one foot to the other. Bring back the Shepard groove!
* Reunite ME1 & ME2 squads in ME3: That would make for a versatile crew, and just think of the potential romance conflicts!! I'd love to see Kaidan/Ashely complaining about Shepard putting the moves on Jacob-Garrus-Thane/Miranda-Tali-Jack.
* A Joker romance? After all they've been together, my FemShep is starting to have a soft spot for the man... :wub:
* More Illusive Man. Love him or hate him, he played a pivotal role in ME2, and there's bound to be some consequences from whatever choice you made regarding the Collector Base at the end (ie, keep it or fry it).
* More Blasto, the first Hanar Spectre!! ^_^ 'Nuff said. (Actually, no, I just plain want more hanar, there wasn't a single hanar in ME2).

These are the first that come to mind, just a few to get the ball rolling. Who's next? ^_^

Edited by Eleima, 22 March 2010 - 09:58 AM.

Check out my DeviantArt account, as well as my scribbling on FanFiction.net
RPGBadgeLarge.png

sig.gif

#2 WeeRLegion

WeeRLegion

TFP : D

• 2925 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 10:56 AM

Hmmm...

1)
I want a proper cover system where the cover is calculated purely by line of fire, as opposed to the currently in use system where being partially (or sometimes even completely!) in cover may do you no good at all unless you've triggered the 'in cover' stance.

With the current system, enemies occasionally shoot through solid walls and crates and stuff

Also, the deal with 'You're 100% safe in cover, UNTIL a magic heavy weapon knocks you out and you get shot the f* up!'.
It's bull, which brings me to point 2...

2)
Cut the crap with the target-tracking-slow-flight-projectile heavy weapons. Such an goddamn pain in the ass... xP

3)
More NPC initiated side quests. And not just silly crap like 'Ohai! I finds this trinket in big tower! You like?'.

4)
ME 1 style armor dress-up for party members.
I get that they want to keep them all looking unique... But some of the current standard outfits are just sickenicngly ridiculous. xP
While Shepard is walking about in a Space-proof battle-suit & a breather helmet, Miranda is proudly showing off her bare cleavage and wearing an unsealed oxygen mask. xD

Oh, wait, NVM, maybe she just stuffs herself into an invisible & radiation proof body-condom off-screen. That'd be just like her.

And don't get me started on Jack... FFS...

5)
An explanation for why the reapers are letting an deranged fool like Harbinger run the show.

6)
An explanation for why the reapers left a near-dead reaper floating around free (when they generally are thought to eradicate everything and mop up all hints of what happened).

7)
More different weapons. And not just the current (lame) better and worse, I want equal diversity. @_@

8)
An option to either throw Miranda out an airlock or the ability to perform an imitation of her 'Buaa! daddy didn't love me enough!' routine for massive renegade points.

Wait, no... Just leave her and her fake tits out of the game. xD

9)
The option to shoot TIM in the face.

10) Less forced choices.

11) More options to whine and bitch about the weight of the damn galaxy on your shoulders.

12) No more human reapers... Please... xD

13) MORE WREX!

15) This and that. .p

#3 Philiposophy

Philiposophy
  • 155 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 12:16 PM

Captain Kirrahe. He says in ME1 that he hopes to work with Shepard again. That surely meant they were going to do something with him, surely? Plus he was a badass. Definite Spectre material, tbh. I want him back to play a role, maybe as a recruitable character.

More focus on the Spectres again. In ME1 there was a great emphasis on Spectres... in ME2 there wasn't. I accept that there were different circumstances, but I felt like there was something missing. I'd quite like it if in ME3 I get to sever my ties with Cerberus and start working as a Spectre properly again. Let's not forget that the Council want you out in the Terminus away from Council space mostly because of the Cerberus link. The Council may be a bunch of obstructive bureaucratic assholes who use patronizing air-quotes, but I'd rather work for them than a monster like the Illusive Man.

More variety on weapons. I did like how the weapons were more varied in clip size, effectiveness against certain defences and accuracy, but there wasn't so much chance to customize them as in ME1. Also there was less info on how the weapons varied. Just a bland "the Vindicator upgrades the Avenger". Yeah, it's true, but make it clearer why, give some specifics, etc.

#4 Vicen

Vicen

Swooping...is bad....

• 477 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 07:39 PM

Ill keep mine short and sweet

Earth - Since this is the last game and the closest we ever got to Earth was a random mission on the Moon I feel we should at least be able to visit it somewhere on that planet

Ship Combat - There are numerous amounts of Codex Entries on ship fighting but we never actually get to do any of it...I want too!

Romances - If you stuck with Ashely In ME1 and in ME2 Or say you switched to say Miranda in ME2 Id like to see them have some meaning in ME3 more then what they did In ME2

And last but not least...No more Planet Scanning! Its annoying and quite boring...Do something else

Check out my gaming oriented Youtube channel >>> https://www.youtube....er/viceiceman85

#5 Eleima

Eleima

Geek Goddess

• Modder
  • 1861 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 11:55 PM

1) I want a proper cover system where the cover is calculated purely by line of fire, as opposed to the currently in use system where being partially (or sometimes even completely!) in cover may do you no good at all unless you've triggered the 'in cover' stance.

I see what you mean, but from a programming point of view, I'm guessing it must a complete nightmare. But of course, my skills in that area are non-existent, so... what do I know!

3) More NPC initiated side quests. And not just silly crap like 'Ohai! I finds this trinket in big tower! You like?'.

Huh, now that you mention it... You know, I really hadn't noticed it until you pointed it out, since the missions are so focused on getting companions and their loyalty. Maybe that's why we don't have time to do "go fetch" quests. Can't say it didn't bother me all that much, but perhaps there's a middle ground between ME1 & ME2 in this regard.

4) ME 1 style armor dress-up for party members.
I get that they want to keep them all looking unique... But some of the current standard outfits are just sickeningly ridiculous. xP
While Shepard is walking about in a Space-proof battle-suit & a breather helmet, Miranda is proudly showing off her bare cleavage and wearing an unsealed oxygen mask. xD Oh, wait, NVM, maybe she just stuffs herself into an invisible & radiation proof body-condom off-screen. That'd be just like her. And don't get me started on Jack... FFS...

That's something that bugged me as well. Take the Collector ship, for example. Shepard has to wear a full environmental suit, but Jacob, Jack and Miranda can get away with using a little breather mask??? Hellooooo! There's no oxygen, temperatures are sub zero, why isn't their hair and top of their face exploding into a million pieces!?!? Heh, sorry, but that's one of the little things that get my back up. ^_^

7) More different weapons. And not just the current (lame) better and worse, I want equal diversity. @_@

This is something I missed from ME1: you had the option of picking in choosing between different weapons, the damage they caused, the heat they generated, and that allowed me to ponder my strategy a bit more (damage vs. speed dilemma). I also liked the interchangeable bullets (am I going up against synthetics or organics). In ME2, I just picked the weapon at the bottom of the list and barely saw the difference between the different types. At the very least, we need weapon stats back.

9) The option to shoot TIM in the face.

Hehe, I wouldn't go that far, but like I said... No way we've seen the last of him!!!

Captain Kirrahe. He says in ME1 that he hopes to work with Shepard again. That surely meant they were going to do something with him, surely? Plus he was a badass. Definite Spectre material, tbh. I want him back to play a role, maybe as a recruitable character.

I wasn't a huge fan of Kirrahe ("hold the line"...), but you got me thinking: I want to meet other Spectres. The only Spectres we ever meet are Nihlus and Saren, and they're both turians and dead now. But you're right, Kirrahe would make a good Spectre (and I think Mordin would make an excellent Spectre if he wasn't so "squishy" and died for no reason in the end mission...)

More focus on the Spectres again. In ME1 there was a great emphasis on Spectres... in ME2 there wasn't. I accept that there were different circumstances, but I felt like there was something missing. I'd quite like it if in ME3 I get to sever my ties with Cerberus and start working as a Spectre properly again. Let's not forget that the Council want you out in the Terminus away from Council space mostly because of the Cerberus link. The Council may be a bunch of obstructive bureaucratic assholes who use patronizing air-quotes, but I'd rather work for them than a monster like the Illusive Man.

I agree wholeheartedly! That does pose a few problems though: what if you went Renegade style in ME2 and threw the Spectre status in the Council's faces? I only did that once in my playthroughs, but that would be a problem in ME3. I completely agree that working for the Council would be better than working with Cerberus, however (remember what Tali said, "Cerberus thought it was good idea to experiment on thorian creepers and rachni").

More variety on weapons. I did like how the weapons were more varied in clip size, effectiveness against certain defences and accuracy, but there wasn't so much chance to customize them as in ME1. Also there was less info on how the weapons varied. Just a bland "the Vindicator upgrades the Avenger". Yeah, it's true, but make it clearer why, give some specifics, etc.

I'm with you on this one. Like I already said in response to WeeR, the weapons in ME2 might be easier to use, what with the weapons load-out, but... WIth no specifics, no characteristics to compare, it's pretty much all the same to me. We need to have at least some managing back.

Earth - Since this is the last game and the closest we ever got to Earth was a random mission on the Moon I feel we should at least be able to visit it somewhere on that planet

I'm also curious on what the homeworld is like now. From what we can gather via the Earthborn background, looks like it isn't all sunshine and rainbows...

Ship Combat - There are numerous amounts of Codex Entries on ship fighting but we never actually get to do any of it...I want too!

I agree!!! Especially now that we've got a badass Normandy!!! We could probably take anything the galaxy threw at us!!! :D

Romances - If you stuck with Ashely In ME1 and in ME2 Or say you switched to say Miranda in ME2 Id like to see them have some meaning in ME3 more then what they did In ME2

Apparently, from what I've gathered on the official forums, that's been more or less promised by BioWare. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed. During my first playthrough, my FemShep thought only of Kaidan (ie, turned down Jacob, Thane and Garrus), and I really, really, *really* would like to see her reunited with him in ME3. And like I said in my original post, reuniting the ME1 & ME2 crews would generate awesome romance conflict potential...

And last but not least...No more Planet Scanning! Its annoying and quite boring...Do something else

That one was so obvious, I didn't even think to mention it!! :D I think the developers know that *no*one* likes planet scanning.

I thought of another thing to add to my wish list:
I'd like to keep the SR-2 Normandy in ME3. Not only is it spacious and comfy, but I'm lovin' that Captain's loft. That, and I'm rather curious to see if they've got more potential for EDI. If you recall, there's some dialog options with her in the cockpit that contain restricted material (and I never managed to unlock them, although now that I think of it, maybe I should've tried to talk to her again after the Collector's attack on the ship). Anyways, as much as I hated EDI at first, I'd like to see her return in ME3.

RPGBadgeLarge.png

sig.gif

#6 DeusEx

DeusEx

Disappearing Member

• 757 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 12:19 PM

An inventory so i can sort trough stuff i gather on missions like in every REAL rpg.
No planet scanning to get minerals for stuff that have no real meaning other than surviving a pass through some damn relay.
Ability to remove my helmet and customize EVERY armor (main reason why I used only the default armor) and same goes for weapons (not that stuff you have to research).
Side missions could use an upgrade, they worked out locations but all of the side missions fell kind of same (go there kill that and done).
Actual sex scenes and not that crap they put in :devil:.(has anyone played The Witcher?)
Miranda gone, dead, I don't care. I hate that female MJ version, it makes me wanna kill her every time I see her.
Some romantic options for homosexual characters (if there are any I sure haven't found them and I tried my best) PS: Asari don't count.
Equipping and customizing armors to my crew.
Keep the Grunt. I AM KROGAN!! :lol:.
Jacob be gone, I hate him as much as Miranda.
More of Joker's humor :D.
Keep Samara, Jack & Tali. I just like all of them :lol:.
Either remove or improve Zaeed and Thane. Both are just boring most of the time although Zaeed had some interesting things to say when not on a mission and Thane side mission was quite good (you know bad cop good cop, following that politician).
I want to hear more of those two engineers from the Normandy, when I heard that conversation about Jack for the first time I just couldn't stop laughing :ROFL: , did anyone else robbed them at poker or whatever that game was (take it easy on the rookie:devil:).
Expanded citadel and ability to pay a visit to Earth (maybe some interesting mission if you have a gangbanger background :devil:)
Maybe Mordin could have a mission where he takes part in Earth searches a superstar :ROFL:
Rachni should have have an impact if you saved them (I did and saw a result, now that was cool)
Helping Krogans with the xenophage if you saved the results in ME2.
Oh and some more rpg options couldn't hurt.
I love the news so they should expand on that. You know that Hannar specter they mention, beware of his tentacles :ROFL: (i honestly can't imagine them in a fight), I think they should make a mission where we have to work with him to take down some crime syndicate, on Earth maybe?
I'm sure I'll find more once I replay the game when all those DLC's come out.
Oh and they should make a real expansion pack not just the DLC's where they try to suck out your last euro.

#7 darlarosa

darlarosa

A rush and a push and the land we stand on is ours!

• 384 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 04:42 PM

A bit more intrigue outside of the main storyline, it got better in ME2 than ME2, but I still found myself wanting an under current of something...I just felt trapped by the storyline. I think they could have some sort of political intrigue or something exciting like a Spectre conspiracy set up by that Turian on the Council or a group of Alien terrorists. The plot to both games was great, but I wanted something that would really put me in the world and not just the story if that makes sense.
We could argue all day about whether or not I'm a reprehensible human being...Posted Image

"Feeling unknown
And you're all alone
Flesh and bone
By the telephone
Lift up the receiver
Ill make you a believer"

- Depeche Mode

Posted Image ------Posted Image ]------Posted Image------Posted Image----------Posted Image---------Posted Image----Posted Image------Posted Image-------Posted Image-----Posted Image-----Posted Image-----Posted Image------Posted Image------Posted Image--------Posted Image-------------Posted Image-------------------- click my dragon if you luv meh!

#8 Cal Jones

Cal Jones
  • Modder
  • 1168 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 01:38 PM

Well, I've actually just started on ME2 (I was playing Dragon Age for 3 months, pretty much...once I get stuck into a game, I stick with it for a long time. And I didn't even install Awakening yet...)

Wasn't keen on the lack of inventory in this game. When I started I kept trying to find what key they'd moved it to. Then I realised. I guess they tried to make it simple for the FPS crowd. Well I suppose it's OK with the current set up but for the love of god, please remove helmets indoors, or at least for cutscenes, like Dragon Age.

Haven't recruited all the characters yet but glad to have Garrus back. More Garrus in ME3 please (and keep the romance. I'll be doing then next run when I play a fem Shep).
I like Zaeed as well. Make him a full character (with proper dialogue).

No Firewalker vehicle crap. I didn't mind the Mako but the Firewalker craft is just...well, I guess the whole thing is rubbish, really. No more of that, thanks.

#9 Eleima

Eleima

Geek Goddess

• Modder
  • 1861 posts

Posted 01 May 2010 - 01:42 AM

I finally got around to installing and doing the Firewalker missions since I last posted here, myself. The Firewalker missions weren't uninteresting, they just didn't add much, and they certainly didn't add to the sense of vastness that we had in ME1 with the MAKO. Not only that, but the Firewalker has very poor armor, almost no warning when it's about to implode (they think I can hear that tiny alarm over the gunfire?!?), and you can't save during the mission. Preposterous...
So my wish for ME3 would be some sort of craft which would be a hybrid between the MAKO and the Firewalker. By all means, keep the scanning and "explorable" planets from ME1 but have the vehicle a little more jetpack'y (if that makes any sense at all). So BioWare's made a step in the right direction with the Firewalker, in the sense that it's more maneuverable, but they did take a step back when they took any the vast expanses.
Regarding the inventory, I completely agree with your analysis, Cal Jones. I think they dumbed it down for the FPS crowd, and they took away the RPG'ness of it. I got the loot back! Just make selling it less tedious by allowing multiple selections.
The helmet removal is almost a big, obvious thing that should be fixed, but apparently, it's not going to happen, not with a patch at least. It's ridiculous, I got the Collector's armor, the Blood Dragon armor with my ME2, and I never use them. Because what's the point of tweaking your Shepard's appearance if you're not going to have a look at him/her every once in a while. It's just plain ridiculous. Let's hope they'll take the fans' protests into account on this one, for ME3.

Also, one thing... Where are the turian women??? :blink:

RPGBadgeLarge.png

sig.gif

#10 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 01 May 2010 - 10:00 AM

Also, one thing... Where are the turian women??? :blink:

Trivia:

No female turians are seen in any of the current games. This, at least in the original Mass Effect, was because there was insufficient development time and memory budget to support two different versions of the same species.

#11 vilkacis

vilkacis

Rashemen REPRESENT! Word to yo hamsta!

• Modder
  • 1571 posts

Posted 01 May 2010 - 01:06 PM

^^^

That doesn't excuse ME2. They could have done that instead of creating a separate model for Miranda with her tits hanging out.

What I want? I may have stated this somewhere before, but negative consequences for paragon actions.

The downs to renegade actions are obvious: kill people in ME1, and you don't get their quests/emails/references in ME2. So basically, the game rewards paragon choices, but it seems you get noticeably less content as renegade, even though the choices are supposed to be equal.

I really hate that "being good is better" railroading bullshit, and I was very happy when ME1 appeared to have stepped away from that. Once ME2 rolled in... not so much. (Sure, it's still better than some games, but it's still not good.)

So yeah, if you let the batarian terrorist go in "Bring down the sky"? I want him to come back and blow up something important, and I want it to be very clear that he could only do that because you thought saving three hostages was more important than bringing down someone who was willing and able to murder millions of people and clearly intended to make another attempt as soon as he was out of sight.

There are no "hard" choices if the blue option is always the magical "this is the correct choice" button.

#12 Philiposophy

Philiposophy
  • 155 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 02:41 PM

I think the main thing they need to sort out with renegade stuff is not awarding renegade points for evil actions.

Renegade is meant to be total consequentialist, get the job done, no matter what the cost, but the implementation is always a bit flawed.

They get it right for the most part, but it really irks me that the renegade option in Samara's loyalty mission is keeping Morinth. That is not a renegade action. That is an evil action, because Morinth is a monster. I would expect a renegade Shepard to still keep Samara. Unfortunately the game treats that as an out of character moment, given that it awards paragon points. Why?!

#13 Cal Jones

Cal Jones
  • Modder
  • 1168 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 04:58 AM

I agree. I see renegade more as sacrificing lives for the greater good or beating the crap out of a suspect to make him talk quicker. Not being rude to your colleagues and generally acting like a jerk.

#14 -Xarn-

-Xarn-

Posted 03 May 2010 - 09:26 AM

My bullet points for devs would be
1) Difficulty - When it is called nightmare, make it hard! Also balance out classes (When you have soldier with pistol outperform sniper with sniper rifle, you went wrong somewhere, also the bullshit that the immunity was in ME1)
2) Linearity - get rid of most of it, seriously. Also could use some plot twists. (I really dont like playing paint by numbers, you?)
3) Dialogues - get rid of the stupid mind map circle, I would prefer if morally ambiguous choices stayed morally ambiguous, instead of just knowing that upper right is paragon, bottom right is renegade, whatever do they say. Also since the morality split between paragon/renegade is supposed to be different then good/evil, stick with it ffs! Dont have some split correctly and then some by the good/evil axis. (Also, if you want evil choices, get someone who can write them)
4) Companions - make them useful, currently they just arent. That is because they are mind boggingly dumb (which they tend to be in all games, so thats pardoned) and because they have decreased damage with the same weapon... This is especially laughable when you have someone like thane, ultra super omgwtfbbq assasin, whos damage is inferior to any of the player classes until you max his class speciality, then it is roughly equal.
5) Inventory - bring it back, but in INTELLIGENT manner. Just have them stackable if they are of same type, so you dont have list of 20x the exactly same weapon. I mean DA:O had it, so it isnt like you didnt come across the idea before. Also, ditch scanning. (It was just horrible, even with the pros a proper OS and mouse get you.)
6) Combat system - Why the hell do we get automatic wallhack? Really, we dont need it, it is already laughably easy. Also while the powers curving around stuff are nice idea, make it so that when a companion uses power, it goes from HIM/HER not me.

#15 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 06:08 PM

Well, I finished the game on Veteran difficulty with everyone surviving, so here are my thoughts based on that run:

More Control Over Shepard
ME2 went a bit too far with having Shepard make up his own in certain situations without input from the player - please increase the level of player control over Shepard's actions, it's mandatory if you want to call ME3 an RPG. Even an Action RPG.

Bring Back The Inventory
This is essential for the game in my opinion - if you look at RPGs, even most Action RPGs, they have inventory systems. Moving away from this concept may simplify things, but it removes one of the more important components for every RPG pack rat.

Upgradable Equipment For Everyone
I'd like to see the Mass Effect 1 style upgradable equipment (armor, weapons) for Shepard as well as the squad members. Weapon mods, ammo types, armor upgrades and implants all need to make a comeback.

More Equipment Variety
The armor and weapons need more variety, similar to the situation in Mass Effect 1.

Make Armor Helmets Toggleable
Again, I don't know how some of the armors ended up being fixed with their helmets on, but this shouldn't be. The toggle button existed in ME1, and it needs to be there in ME3, otherwise it's just ridiculous - who uses a helmet on the Citadel? People stare you know. Really subtle.

No More Planet Scanning
As one of the few people who actually scanned every planet in the game with multiple probes, usually to the point of poor or depleted, I never want to see planet scanning again. Do you have any idea what it did to my wrist? Not only is planet scanning boring, but you also end up with enormous amounts of excess resources - or what do I do with over 600,000 units of spare Iridium et al?

Bring Back The Mako
The Mako exploration wasn't as bad as some loud critics made it to be; it was more interesting and felt much more important than planet scanning. It should make a comeback in Mass Effect 3.

Get Rid Of The Hammerhead
The Mako is a better solution for land exploration, get rid of the M-44 Hammerhead, it's not mandatory equipment for Shepard. Cerberus can have it.

Objective: Capture The Illusive Man
Add an option to capture the Illusive Man and hand him over to the Council.

No More Zaeed, Kasumi Style Dialogue
I'd like to see the point-and-click dialogue style of Zaeed and Kasumi disappear before ME3, it just kills the immersion. Why are there two dialogue systems in the first place?

Bring Back The ME1 Squad Members
I'd like to see the ME1 squad members return in ME3, and some of the ones in ME2 go separate ways with Shepard (with possible cameos in ME3). Wrex? Shepard.

Bring In The Rachni
If Shepard saved the Queen, bring in the New Generation.

Stop Simplifying And Reverse Course
Simpler isn't always better, be it armor and weapon upgrades, dialogue or the side quests. Return to the values that made Mass Effect 1 great, don't turn ME3 into a shooter with some dialogue. RPG players prefer RPGs, and shooter players have more advanced shooter games to play - the Mass Effect series shouldn't be about advanced ways to shoot stuff, it should be about Role-Playing. And no, ship upgrades don't equal that.

That's my 2 cents.

Edited by Archmage Silver, 14 May 2010 - 12:45 AM.

#16 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 09:27 AM

Just player the PC version of the >ME1-ME2> game through for the first time and like the game a lot, well except the pacing a bit was bad in ME2...

Bring Back The Mako
The Mako exploration wasn't as bad as some loud critics made it to be; it was more interesting and felt much more important than planet scanning. It should make a comeback in Mass Effect 3.

Get Rid Of The Hammerhead
The Mako is a better solution for land exploration, get rid of the M-44 Hammerhead, it's not mandatory equipment for Shepard. Cerberus can have it.

No More Zaeed, Kasumi Style Dialogue
I'd like to see the point-and-click dialogue style of Zaeed and Kasumi disappear before ME3, it just kills the immersion. Why are there two dialogue systems in the first place?

2 Mako&Hammerhead; Well, it's a good vehicle and all in ME1, but the Axenod had a few good qualities, although the no-sensor thing was a disastrous, and when one makes a vehicle that's flying in the movies, one should also make it fly in the game...
So we need 3 things(actually 4);
1) A Tank/Mako.
2) 'Plain'/Flying capable lighter tank... that doesn't drop like a stone when the predefined flight radius is exceeded, aka non-Hammerhead.
3) Shuttle

4) The ability to use/choose the one you like.

@talks, it's cheaper to make the casual non-conversations. :P

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 14 May 2010 - 09:33 AM.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#17 Philiposophy

Philiposophy
  • 155 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 03:39 PM

Grenades. They were there in ME1 but not really in ME2. Oh sure, there were Flashbang and Inferno grenades, but they were only available as bonus powers in DLC. It makes sense that they would be utilized, especially by soldiers. The first game had a decent selection that they could add, like Cryo and High Explosive.

#18 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 06:14 PM

I agree; they made them a power along with the ammo upgrades, which I think doesn't really cut it for either.

#19 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 05:32 AM

Grenades. They were there in ME1 but not really in ME2. Oh sure, there were Flashbang and Inferno grenades, but they were only available as bonus powers in DLC. It makes sense that they would be utilized, especially by soldiers. The first game had a decent selection that they could add, like Cryo and High Explosive.

I agree; they made them a power along with the ammo upgrades, which I think doesn't really cut it for either.

Well, one had the heavy weapons in ME2, one of which was a grenade launcher...
Of course more is more, and so it would be nice to have all kinds of gadgets, but some of them become obsolete... but of course I agree with you, at least in spirit.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 18 May 2010 - 05:35 AM.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#20 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 22 May 2010 - 12:54 PM

Well, one had the heavy weapons in ME2, one of which was a grenade launcher...
Of course more is more, and so it would be nice to have all kinds of gadgets, but some of them become obsolete... but of course I agree with you, at least in spirit.

Yeah, that can happen too, but I think this is more about making grenades available without a specific skill; they are in the game after all, just not widely available. The grenade launcher is a different beast altogether, obviously - if you have actual grenades, you can bring along other types of heavy weapons, not just the grenade launcher.