A lot of stupid questions (BWP 9.1.0)

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 Suslik

Suslik

Investigator

• 500 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 07:09 AM

I think the time has come to stop spamming in BWP thread and create my own.

First of all i'm using "Standard" BWP installation without any tweaks. Here are my BWP Debug.txt and WeiDU.log: Attached File  Logs.rar   392.49K   217 downloads

And there are a few problems that i haven't managed to solve yet. If you have any ideas about this issues, please don't hesitate to submit:

//warning, possible spoilers below

1) [Aerie lag issue] If i have Aerie in party and play romance with her(well, sort of) and pick Imoen up in Asylum after a while game starts lagging terribly. It goes ~1sec and then freezes for ~0.7sec. If i try to talk to Aerie she always answers something about "Blha-blha, do you want something?" and the only reply is "Uh, no, sorry to bother you". The thing is when i kill aerie(corpse remains) lags totally vanish. If i resurrect her, lags appear again. If i exclude her from party, lags remain. If i kill her with critical(corpse destroyed) lags remain. So i was unable even to get rid of her and had to start a new game. Someone said that it's about troubles with imoen romance conflicts with aerie romance. But i do wish to have aerie in party and imoen romance. Any suggestions how to do that?

2) [Imoen flirts issue] During the first(with current installation) walkthrough i was allied with vampires and fought agains shadow thieves. Imoen successfully appeared in dreams about childhood and stuff with romance worked ok when i rescued her from asylum. But during the second walkthrough i was allied with thieves and due to unknown reason imoen did not appear in dreams at all. What has caused that? What did go wrong?

3) [Innate abilities bug] Just as i start the game i get into the small retrospection mod about childhood an chores. Gorion grants a couple of innate abilites, all is ok. But if i export the character and start all over, some abilities are lost after this procedure. For example i've lost "protection from evil" and "dispel magic". It seems that my mage character has lost his "scribe scrolls" ability. Well, gorion grants another "scribe scrolls", but the ability he grands does not work at all. i think it's about a large amount of innate abilities my character has. There are a couple for multiplayer mod(??, i don't know for sure), a couple from BG1 and so on. I don't need most of them at all, but new ones seem to replace old.

Edited by Suslik, 06 May 2010 - 07:10 AM.

#2 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 01:24 AM

I think these are all pretty obscure issues, which is maybe why no one else has had a clue. Except the Aerie stutter thing, which a lot of folks have observed even on a fairly unmodded game, but I don't think there's a solution for it as yet (there were some posts about it on gibberlings3.net fairly recently though). Not sure how to narrow down which mods cause the other issues. Maybe try a --change-log on gorion.cre for the 3rd one.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
================================================================
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#3 -Suslik-

-Suslik-

Posted 08 May 2010 - 03:19 AM

@Miloch
Oh, great, at least someone took a look at my problems. There Is actually very famous bug about aerie "stuttering", when aerie stop walking normally, interrupts spellcasting etc, it was even in unmodded game. But i've got another kind of problem - because of aerie the whole game somehow lags. Current "solution" - not to take aerie in party at all.
I've tried not to answer on her flirt and it did not help, in underdark lags are just unbearable.

[Imoen] I have no idea why her dreams disappeared. I've started over three more times, tried to play as different as possible, but her dreams(and consequent flirt options) do not appear. the only difference is last time i've seen her dreams was with 9.1.0 BWP, and now i'm using 9.1.1. Unfortunately i don't have previous weidu.log, only current. What mod should be installed in order do have those dreams?

[Scribe scrolls] I have not found a solution at all. I am kensai13/mage11 and i have 5 "scribe scrolls" from childhood mode, they do not work and i don't have my native "scribe scrolls" which worked before i started all over. I tried using shadow keeper to restore this ability, but SK says that "0" is a maximum amount of this abilities that i am able to memorize at this level.

#4 Suslik

Suslik

Investigator

• 500 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 03:24 AM

Oh, but there's a good thing: these are the most major bugs i've encountered yet. I had to use CLUA only once in side-quest, despite this i have not encountered any serious bugs.

#5 Suslik

Suslik

Investigator

• 500 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 06:17 AM

Sort of a simple question:

I've found a few items that enable the caster to cast 2 spells/round. They are twilight blade and a girdle of magi(the merchant from copper coronet). But neither of them seems to work: i'm still able to cast only one spell per round. What am i missing?

#6 10th

10th
  • 621 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 06:29 AM

Sort of a simple question:

I've found a few items that enable the caster to cast 2 spells/round. They are twilight blade and a girdle of magi(the merchant from copper coronet). But neither of them seems to work: i'm still able to cast only one spell per round. What am i missing?

Just a comparison:
Improved Alacrity has a stat value of 1 and works.

The Warblade of Twilight has a stat value of 0 and the girdle of magi probably too, don't work as advertised according to your report.

10th
Avast! You cannot defeat our titan-mounted submarine staffed by cannibal vikings! - Nodwick

"I grab his deceased spirit and piledrive it back into his body, duplicating raise dead." - Psyren Oots board

#7 Suslik

Suslik

Investigator

• 500 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 06:32 AM

@10th
So.. any suggestions how to fix it? Anyone has those items working? I've just checked that and improved alacrity does work.

Just to clarify, not the "Girdle of magi", but "Belt of magi".

What stat value are you talking about?

Edited by Suslik, 15 May 2010 - 06:36 AM.

#8 10th

10th
  • 621 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 08:08 AM

If you open those items in Near Infinity they have an increase spells per round effect. If you click to edit it you'll see the stat value property near the top of the newly opened window.

10th
Avast! You cannot defeat our titan-mounted submarine staffed by cannibal vikings! - Nodwick

"I grab his deceased spirit and piledrive it back into his body, duplicating raise dead." - Psyren Oots board

#9 Suslik

Suslik

Investigator

• 500 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 08:39 AM

That's from description of this belt(beltmag.itm), section about spells cast per round:
Type: Increase spells cast per round (188)
Target: Self (1)
Power: 0
Unknown: 02 00 00 00 h
Stat value: 0
Timing mode: Instant/While equipped (2)
Dispel/Resistance: No dispel/bypass resistance (0)
Duration: 0
Probability 1: 100
Probability 2: 0
Unknown: 00 00 00 a4 14 24 00 04 h
# dice thrown/maximum level: 0
Dice size/minimum level: 0
Save type: ( No save )
Save bonus: 0
Unknown: 00 00 00 00 h

Is it only this item's problem? Or have i messed something up? Or is it bwp? I wonder what's the reason those items do not work?

Edited by Suslik, 15 May 2010 - 08:51 AM.

#10 10th

10th
  • 621 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 08:57 AM

Change

to

Stat value: 1

and it should work.

10th

#11 Suslik

Suslik

Investigator

• 500 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 10:12 AM

@10th
Change

to

Stat value: 1

and it should work.

I've changed that value and spells start casting without delay at all. That's imba, no good. any other suggestions?

#12 Suslik

Suslik

Investigator

• 500 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 08:43 AM

I've heard something about scrollable mage spellbook. I have something about 20 lvl6 spells slot(which i can memorize each day), i can memorize and cast them, but only 12 of them are shown in the spellbook. is there any way to show them all? I also have more than 24 known spells, is there any way to show the rest of them, which are not shown in default 24 spell slots?

#13 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 09:35 AM

I also have more than 24 known spells, is there any way to show the rest of them, which are not shown in default 24 spell slots?

Well, if you install the scrollable spellbook, it should show you these(the rest), by clicking the top and bottom edges of the arrow that take you to the next level in the default spellbook GUI.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#14 Suslik

Suslik

Investigator

• 500 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 10:52 AM

I also have more than 24 known spells, is there any way to show the rest of them, which are not shown in default 24 spell slots?

Well, if you install the scrollable spellbook, it should show you these(the rest), by clicking the top and bottom edges of the arrow that take you to the next level in the default spellbook GUI.

Oh, wow. It works! I don't think i'd ever figure that out myself : D

#15 Suslik

Suslik

Investigator

• 500 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 11:05 AM

I've got CDT without a note in baldur.err when i trigger a trap in a door in AR3559(x = 249, y = 486). I wander what's wrong with it.

Of course it's possible to disarm it or jump throug with dimentional door, but i don't think CDT is ok.

Edited by Suslik, 04 June 2010 - 11:06 AM.

#16 Suslik

Suslik

Investigator

• 500 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 07:28 AM

Oh hai, me again.

I am using some 9.4 BWP version, which is a little old, but seems very stable for me. And there is a constant problem i can not get rid of.

There are a few items that, as they say, "double the number of spells cast per round". Sounds fancy, but unfortunately does not work at all. For example in the waukeen's promenade there is an elven strorekeeper who is selling "gloves of spell speed" which are supposed to give +3 to casting speed and to allow to cast to spells per round. Strange enough, but not only "double spells per round" does not seem to work, even +3 casting speed too :/ There was another item(cannot recall its name, like "girdle of mage"), which was supposed to do the same, but it did not work neither.

Can you please tell me if there is a solution to fix this bug and if it's my fault or modder's?

fixed:
oh, wait, i have asked about that "girdle of magi" a few posts above! so, was the solution found?

fixed2:
the gloves i am talking about are FWBRAC06.ITM
the firs issue was fixed, in near infinity i have found that "casting speed bonus" was set to "-3" instead of "3". yeah, cool, modders have been probably been testing this item quite thoroughly.
But "increase spells cast per round" really does not work.

Edited by Suslik, 29 April 2011 - 07:39 AM.

#17 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 07:46 AM

even +3 casting speed too :/ There was another item(cannot recall its name, like "girdle of mage"), which was supposed to do the same, but it did not work neither.

So what spell are you casting to test these, if it's Magic Missile, you can only cast them once per round unless you have an aura cleansing item... like the 10th showed, the above effect with the Stat value being 1.
The minimum value of the casted spell factor is one, so no matter how many "+3 casting speed" items you equip, you can only cast the spell with a speed of one... and then you need the cleaned aura to cast another spell, or wait for the round (six seconds) to end.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#18 Suslik

Suslik

Investigator

• 500 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 08:05 AM

Just to clarify.
There are two kinds of bonuses:
1) Increase casting speed factor(189)
This bonus works for me well, most spells with "+5" speed cast almost instantly, but no more than one spell per round. Fair enough, works as intended to.
2) Increase spells cast per round(188)
Take a look:
Type	Increase spells cast per round (188)
Target	Self (1)
Power	0
Unknown	02 00 00 00 h
Stat value	0
Timing mode	Instant/While equipped (2)
Dispel/Resistance	No dispel/bypass resistance (0)
Duration	0
Probability 1	100
Probability 2	0
Unknown	00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 h
# dice thrown/maximum level	0
Dice size/minimum level	0
Save type	( No save )
Save bonus	0
Unknown	00 00 00 00 h
By default the item has "Stat value" 0 and does not have any effect in game. If i set it to 1, i can cast infinite number of spells per round, which is imbalance, because the item is supposed to give me only two spells to cast each round. Any suggestions?

Edited by Suslik, 29 April 2011 - 08:11 AM.

#19 Suslik

Suslik

Investigator

• 500 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 06:29 AM

Another question.

There is a "Treaty of swordsmanship" book which is supposed to set longsword proficiency level to "++". As "stat" window says, it does. But neither i get bonuses to attack/damage/extra attack, nor i see added proficiency in shadow keeper.

#20 Suslik

Suslik

Investigator

• 500 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 08:40 AM

A question about BWP portability.

I have an installed BWP version like 9.4. When I reinstall my operating system, it works perfectly well(on the same computer). But when i try to migrate it(by copying) to another computer(my laptop) all graphics are messed up, because of widescreen mod: my laptop does not support 1280x1024 I set up for the game. So, my question is:

Is it possible to change widescreen mod resolution when it is already installed?