• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 09:38 AM

Heya rhere! :cheers:

I noticed there a miniscule number of creatures left to be patched by IA :)

Octavian's Drizzt (direct download)
DKEisT01.cre (Snow Troll)
DKEisT02.cre (Ice Troll)
ding0's Questpack
JY_00DB.CRE (Greater Displacer Beast)
JY_00DB1.CRE (Displacer Beast)
Dunno if this could be useful for you guys though :P Thanks!

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#2 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 02:51 PM

Dunno if this could be useful for you guys though

It is useful - will also have to be done for new mods that add creatures (unless they're already compatible with IA).

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#3 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 09:03 PM

I can do string searches of all the mods I have to find out whether they add a "Maurezhi" or a "Bebilith" (same way I found these :P) ... But I dunno how to help with regards to the more general components like the Undead/Peasant ones :unsure:

If you know any specific stuff to search for, I'd be happy to help :) (having the entire BWP Linkliste unpacked at all times helps :cheers:)

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

#4 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 12:30 AM

I can do string searches of all the mods I have to find out whether they add a "Maurezhi" or a "Bebilith" (same way I found these :P) ... But I dunno how to help with regards to the more general components like the Undead/Peasant ones :unsure:

You probably won't find too much more like that, because I used a couple of BWP "expert" installs of my own to compile the list of CREs to patch. I probably missed Octavian's Drizzt because it isn't compatible with Drizzt Saga or something. Might be a few more (minor) mods like that I missed, so you're better off looking at the CREs from such mods that weren't on my installs. Dunno how I missed anything from Quest Pack, but it could be all the components didn't install or something. Anyway, I'll attach both WeiDU.logs and the bwp-cres which is a list of all CREs from both installs. The CRE Lister in my signature produced these - you can use it yourself to produce such a list from your own install (and sort it by animation, name, etc., which is how a lot of the patches were produced). Also included are some CREs added to the patches from a list that Hoppy output from an install that had Improved Anvil, the latest NEJ and maybe some other pay-to-play mods :ph34r:.
Attached File  ia-cres.7z   673.32K   245 downloads

Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#5 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 05:10 AM

Hmmm, I understand now :)

I'll have a run of the cre-lister done after my next install then :cheers: But I don't install many mods for it to be called a "full" Expert install :P Every BWP Guide contains a HUGE WeiDU.log at the end with ALL the mods in that BWP version installed ... so someone from Kerzenburg might have a full Expert install around. Maybe if the cre-lister is run by them, it could give some relevant results?? ;)

PS: The second .xls has fewer columns than the first, is the cre-lister configurable or something?? :P

#6 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 04:50 PM

someone from Kerzenburg might have a full Expert install around. Maybe if the cre-lister is run by them, it could give some relevant results??

Like I said, I used 2 full "expert" installs to compile my list (one from a year or so ago, another fairly recent). So another such install probably wouldn't be all that useful, unless there have been some mods added since mine. And if that's the case, much easier to go through those individual mods for CREs. Now there may be some alternative mods that even a full "expert" install wouldn't pick up because they conflict with standard mods (like Drizzt Saga vs. Octavian's Drizzt or whatever, Longer Road vs. Redemption etc.). Those are the main ones that might be relevant right now.

The second .xls has fewer columns than the first, is the cre-lister configurable or something??

The tp2 is posted in my signature link for all to see (mostly Nythrun's code). If you can read basic tp2 code (which you should be able to do by now :P), you can delete or change the order of columns, or even add them with just a little basic IESDP literacy. 'Course, you can do most of that in your spreadsheet program after it's run also.

#7 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 06:33 PM

And if that's the case, much easier to go through those individual mods for CREs.

Soooo ... ummm, how do you do that?? :P Searching the .tp2 (or setup.tra) for creature names??

If you can read basic tp2 code, you can delete or change the order of columns, or even add them with just a little basic IESDP literacy.

:ermm:

You kinda hit the nail on the head :lol: Your mods have some of the most complex code I've seen ... So, if it's from Miloch, my mind says "DO NOT TINKER!!!" :P Won't be modifying the cre-lister.tp2 though ... moar columns is moar info!

#8 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 11:02 PM

And if that's the case, much easier to go through those individual mods for CREs.

Soooo ... ummm, how do you do that?? :P Searching the .tp2 (or setup.tra) for creature names??

Most mods that add new CREs have a "cre" folder or the like where they COPY them from. So you can go through that with DLTCEP or NI to see if there's any that have animations that should be changed. Some mods "clone" existing CREs by doing a
COPY_EXISTING ~somecre.cre~ ~override/newcre.cre~
  //Patch to change stuff
If it's just patching an existing CRE "in-place" (not copying it to a new .cre) then ignore it (unless it's changing the animation which is rare).

On the other hand, you could just install any mods I missed (by looking at my WeiDU.logs) and run the CRE lister, then upload the results and I can diff that with my file by running an Access or SQL "unmatched" query. Might be easier I guess.

#9 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 06:01 PM

Here's the output from the crelister and the accompanying WeiDU.log from my newest install :P (I know it's smaller than your .sls but ... who knows?? :P) I'll do a REALLY full BWP later though ... hopefully, it won't fry my disk :lol:

Attached Files

#10 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 06:41 AM

Whoops :doh:

Edited by Lollorian, 20 May 2010 - 06:48 AM.

#11 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 22 May 2010 - 07:04 AM

Huh? :huh:

There's a few new ones there. Nothing too major - mainly humanoid types that can be added to the PS:T/Moinesse/BG1 components. I'll add them to the next release, cheers.

#12 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 22 May 2010 - 10:27 AM

There's a few new ones there. Nothing too major - mainly humanoid types that can be added to the PS:T/Moinesse/BG1 components. I'll add them to the next release, cheers.

Awesome! :woot: I'd tried to sort out the results and posting just the relevant unpatched .cre's but had a MAJOR epic-phail-moment :ROFL: That's why you da master ...

Currently downloading Vecna - last mod I needed, for a full BWPExpert :D (hopefulle, the dialog.tlk doesn't bork and the resulting .xls doesn't have creatures called "I've been meaning to ask you this..." and "This sword was used by generations of..." :P)

PS: Wouldn't it be possible to make a mod that could extract all the creatures from a mod folder before it gets installed by scouring its .tp2 (and relevant .tra if present)?? :unsure:

Huh? :huh:

LOL :lol: Slight mishap with pm's, using a thread's quick reply box, tabbed browsing and loads of sleepiness :P (if you could delete that post, please go ahead :))

Edited by Lollorian, 22 May 2010 - 10:35 AM.

#13 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 02:14 AM

PS: Wouldn't it be possible to make a mod that could extract all the creatures from a mod folder before it gets installed by scouring its .tp2 (and relevant .tra if present)??

Possible perhaps, but it'd be very difficult and would require some nasty GET_DIRECTORY_ARRAY/ACTION_BASH_FOR type of loop to figure out where all the .cre files are (if there are any) because not everyone puts them in a "cre" or "creatures" folder. WeiDU isn't that great at recursing subfolders and searching for files. It's a lot easier just to slap any new or changed mods on a clean install and diff the CRE listings from both.

It might also help (for test purposes only) to use the PS:T/Moinesse/BG1 animation components at "all" or "most" on your next build. That way it's easy to sort the output by animation - if there are any CREs that didn't get the new animation then either they're new or were intentionally excluded. Most of the ones I added from your list were humanoids added in the last round of berelinde's mod updates.

#14 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 04:50 PM

Done :cheers:

Here's the .csv and the relevant WeiDU.log :D (with the ALL/MOST components chosen :P)

Attached Files

#15 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 10:58 AM

Cheers, added. A few obscure and possibly non-English mods there from the looks of it.