• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 horred the plague

horred the plague

Scourge of the Seven Seas

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 11:51 AM

In an effort to keep content additions in sync with other generous contributors to the BP mod, I'm releasing my work to date on the mod. There's some things here that were added by popular request, and should make this mod a bit more what people hoped for from it.

THE GOODS:

1) BP-Ascension is now a totally independent resource from the BP core. Note the name BP-Ascension. This is a combination of Gaider/IEEAIS scripting work, and my own work. BP Rules files, and core BP scripts and features, are added in where needed. What you have here is the closest thing to the real BP experience I requested permission from Gaider to make years ago; the most "BP-style" version since the pre-weidu days. Hopefully without all the bugs we've knocked out of the package since. :)

2) The "Improved" components are converted back into optional components, just the way they were in the original and in Weimer's package. They are "BP-Improved", just like the main Ascension package. Even moreso, in reality.

3) In celebration of this, I made a brand new boulder animation and icon (for those wicked Yaga-Shura fire giants). I haven't been able to view it in-game yet, so I'm not entirely sure it looks as decent as in the 3d editor. I know it can't look too much worse than the former :D

4) The famed BP Series is now officially a component of the BP package. It naturally will require the BP core, to work properly, and is set up to not install without it.

5) Various code cleanups, minor by comparison with some of Miloch's upcoming workings. Aimed at giving the mega-modders less reasons to hiccup on an install. Hopefully it helps; I didn't see any issues in the IDS and 2DA I checked after a moderate mega-install.

6) Unused drider animations causing conflicts, removed. If I ever get time to use them, I'll add them again in the new spot. End of drama...

BETA: While I gave the installer plenty of tests, and peeked at many files in the editor, I did not get to play through this much. I do not foresee problems, as I changed more install order than actual content.

UPCOMING:
The next version of BP will mostly be the work of Miloch, as he uses his Weidu expertise to help combat my sloppy old code. If I can find the time, I'd like to give the AI a 50,000-mile overhaul as well. My idea is to improve the base targetting, derandomizing it--but keeping the random element in the actual action blocks. I also got an ancient idea of Kensai Ryu's he never got to realize, a compeltely different type of random experience, that I might throw at you in a couple key battles--just for kicks. All of this should hopefully give both the more-intelligent feel you get from the SCS AI, combined with the "not the exact same thing over and over" re-playability that BP currently offers you.

THE FILES: I no longer have access to the FTP here, and haven't for some time...so I uploaded it to the Rogue Dao Studios' FTP for now. I trust somebody with FTP access here will transfer it eventually.

BPv180a.7z

#2 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 12:29 PM

Awesome! 8) but I can't get the link to work :( . Thanks for keeping BP going with the new updates and content :new_thumbs: .

EDIT: seems the Rogue Dao server had some issues and everything should be back to normal in a few hours so I will check again.

Edited by Hoppy, 06 June 2010 - 12:31 PM.

?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

Posted Image The Definitive Guide to Trolls

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#3 horred the plague

horred the plague

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 05:18 PM

Awesome! 8) but I can't get the link to work :( . Thanks for keeping BP going with the new updates and content :new_thumbs: .

EDIT: seems the Rogue Dao server had some issues and everything should be back to normal in a few hours so I will check again.

No server issues, I just forgot to put the "a" at the end of the file name. Try again.

#4 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 12:57 AM

Awesome sauce! :woot:

Anyway, some minor typos in the BPSeries scripts (sorry about not getting these earlier :crying:) Please consider these for the next version up :)

DSSPWI123 -> DSSPWI23
SPPERE -> SPSPERE

Thanks again!

Attached Files

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#5 ilot

ilot
  • 574 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 07:24 AM

Awesome! Posted Image but I seen that in the setup.tra there are not translate "all strings" in italian language.

Have I to translate the English strings or is not necessary?

Thanks!! Posted Image

Italian mods tanslator!!!!

#6 Fennek

Fennek
  • 355 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 10:31 AM

This is fantastic! :Bow: :cheers: :D

#7 horred the plague

horred the plague

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 11:07 AM

Awesome! Posted Image but I seen that in the setup.tra there are not translate "all strings" in italian language.

Have I to translate the English strings or is not necessary?

Thanks!! Posted Image

Some strings were added to the TRA file, a bunch actually because of making BPSeries a component. I did not have an Italian translation for BP Series, so this of course is lacking. Other languages have a string or two lacking as well.

This is why I made it BPv180a instead of BPv180. ;) I figure when the translations come in, along with the bug reports and fixes, we'll release a b/c/d/whatever to cover it. For now, I'm sorry but you'll have to rough it. I could probably half-fake a french translation, but only know how to swear a bit in spanish german and italian (and several others langs as well hehe) sorry.

#8 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 12:01 PM

This is why I made it BPv180a instead of BPv180. ;) I figure when the translations come in, along with the bug reports and fixes, we'll release a b/c/d/whatever to cover it. For now, I'm sorry but you'll have to rough it. I could probably half-fake a french translation, but only know how to swear a bit in spanish german and italian (and several others langs as well hehe) sorry.

But then the new attached English .tra files would help people to make the new .tra files. :P
As one member can attach a compressed 30MB file to these forums, and the text files do compress nicely, it would be really easy to attach the .tra files that way. Or am I deluding myself...

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 07 June 2010 - 12:04 PM.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#9 ilot

ilot
  • 574 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 11:47 PM

You Joined BPSeries at Big Picture I understand...is correct?

If I want translate BPSeries can I translate directly by big picture or not?

Thanks

Edited by ilot, 08 June 2010 - 12:45 AM.

Italian mods tanslator!!!!

#10 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 12:41 AM

Heya again! :cheers:

Some stuff:

1) There's a missing KRLICH.cre referenced in BPv180\KRLICH\COMPILE\KRLICH.BAF in line 57. Is it supposed to be KRLICH2?? :unsure: (which is in the package)

2) Many instances of RAT01.cre in
BPv180\KRGNOME\COMPILE\KRFAM02.BAF
BPv180\BAF\RE-BAF\KRDEMLCH.baf
BPv180\KRLICH\COMPILE\ARCHLICH.BAF
Should they have been simply vanilla RAT.cre (Rat) or BP's BPRAT.cre (Sumatran Rat)??

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#11 horred the plague

horred the plague

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 09:05 AM

Some stuff:

1) There's a missing KRLICH.cre referenced in BPv180\KRLICH\COMPILE\KRLICH.BAF in line 57. Is it supposed to be KRLICH2?? :unsure: (which is in the package)

Should they have been simply vanilla RAT.cre (Rat) or BP's BPRAT.cre (Sumatran Rat)??

Probably they were sent to one of the big three mods that used to be a part of BP, years ago, and they got overlooked until now. The rats were used by Kensai Ryu as a spotter creature, like most ppl use birds for that I see. It would explain if things weren't going quite the way they should have been in this encounter.

I'll have to check in KR's original package for the lich reference, to be sure what he intended. To be honest, the only reason these components became a part of BP, is because Weimer's Tactics was such a huge overwriter back in the day it broke other things. If that has changed, this and several other components could be removed from BP.

#12 Rubberduck

Rubberduck
  • 171 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 09:33 AM

Some stuff:

Probably they were sent to one of the big three mods that used to be a part of BP, years ago, and they got overlooked until now. The rats were used by Kensai Ryu as a spotter creature, like most ppl use birds for that I see. It would explain if things weren't going quite the way they should have been in this encounter.

I'll have to check in KR's original package for the lich reference, to be sure what he intended. To be honest, the only reason these components became a part of BP, is because Weimer's Tactics was such a huge overwriter back in the day it broke other things. If that has changed, this and several other components could be removed from BP.

First of all -> UNBELIEVABLE that your still working on this 'ole time classic :cheers: :Bow:
Anything i have to take a closer look at when installing it with BGT? Something noteworthy?

#13 horred the plague

horred the plague

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 03:37 PM

First of all -> UNBELIEVABLE that your still working on this 'ole time classic :cheers: :Bow:
Anything i have to take a closer look at when installing it with BGT? Something noteworthy?

Hey, long time no see. No, nothing really new for BG1 content yet; just the usual generic script overrides. I guess of note is that I tried to design the BP Series party AI scripts to handle the lower levels as well as the upper. I suggest giving them a try, and using that "Innate-Fixer" I just posted here to clean up any post-apocalyptic innate-spell install residue.

#14 Graoumf

Graoumf
  • 594 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 03:55 PM

Hello Horred, hello Miloch,

Here is the .tra files updated for the french translation. I tested its in an install and all works fine. :)

Cheers!

#15 10th

10th
  • 621 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 03:36 AM

Improved Random Encounters:
BEHDIR01 has no DV -> those ActionOverrides won't work.
Mage14C still has ActionOverride("Mage14T"... in the same script block. Result being the same as above
Amnleg1 has no DV -> those ActionOverrides won't work. But in this case the ActionOverride should point to DRAGRED, unless it is intentional that almost half a dozen legionnaires get 2800 GP each.

Those random shadowdruid encounters won't work if the core component is not installed as the relevant .cre files won't be copied without it.
Required creature files: BPDRU10A, BPDRU8A, BPDRU8B, BPDRUDT1, BPDRUFG1, BPDRUFG2, BPDRUMG1.

10th
Avast! You cannot defeat our titan-mounted submarine staffed by cannibal vikings! - Nodwick

"I grab his deceased spirit and piledrive it back into his body, duplicating raise dead." - Psyren Oots board

#16 10th

10th
  • 621 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 12:51 PM

Improved Random Encounters part 2:
Modification of vampsttp.bcs add amongst others, this block:
IF
Delay(10)
CombatCounter(0)
Range([PC],20)
!Range("ShThDr01",30)
OR(2)
TimeGT(DUSK_START)
TimeLT(DAWN_START)
Global("VampShadWar","GLOBAL",5)
Global("WorkingForAran","GLOBAL",1)
!GlobalTimerNotExpired("GBTrapsAll","GLOBAL")
!GlobalTimerNotExpired("VampShadTimer","GLOBAL")
!StateCheck([PC],STATE_INVISIBLE)
!Dead("C6Bodhi")
THEN
RESPONSE #100
SetGlobalTimer("GBTrapsAll","GLOBAL",0)
SetGlobalTimer("VampShadTimer","GLOBAL",0)
CreateCreatureObjectOffScreen("GBVamp1a",Player1,0,0,0)
CreateCreatureObjectOffScreen("GBVamp1b",Player1,0,0,0)
CreateCreatureObjectOffScreen("GBVamp1b",Player1,0,0,0)
DisplayStringHead("GBVamp1a",60225) // You are foolish to face my mistress!
END

All those creatures don't exist, the same applies to the Tactics component of the same name.

One or two typos, where it should be vvmale5 instead of vmale5 (doesn't exist)

Moreover there are another bunch of creature files, which won't get copied unless you install the main component:
BPSTHEF1, 2 and 3.

Additionally all BP*.cres have either some sort of BP*.bcs or wbasight.bcs assigned. These scripts will only be present if the core component is installed.

10th

Edited by 10th, 30 August 2010 - 01:10 PM.

Avast! You cannot defeat our titan-mounted submarine staffed by cannibal vikings! - Nodwick

"I grab his deceased spirit and piledrive it back into his body, duplicating raise dead." - Psyren Oots board

#17 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 01:29 PM

@10th: will look into it eventually unless horred or someone gets to it first. Sounds like the easiest solution for most of that would just be to make the core component REQUIRE_COMPONENT, or is there some reason folks might not want to install it (but install the subcomponents)?

(@Graoumf: ditto - grabbed the file a while back.)

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#18 10th

10th
  • 621 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 02:03 PM

@Miloch
In the present state of things, I like to mix and match the various AI mod components within reason, e. g. in my current install almost all of SCS II, but also improved random encounters from BP (It's more rewarding and varied, moreover it isn't limited to those random encounter areas).

My dream for the compatibility between SCS /II and BP would be the option to install their respective AI either for all creatures (this would then be the primary AI mod) or only for the creatures that they themselves install/create (this would be the secondary AI mod). This way one could have the best of both worlds.

10th

#19 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 03:43 PM

@Miloch
In the present state of things, I like to mix and match the various AI mod components within reason, e. g. in my current install almost all of SCS II, but also improved random encounters from BP (It's more rewarding and varied, moreover it isn't limited to those random encounter areas).

My dream for the compatibility between SCS /II and BP would be the option to install their respective AI either for all creatures (this would then be the primary AI mod) or only for the creatures that they themselves install/create (this would be the secondary AI mod). This way one could have the best of both worlds.

10th

Another Iron Maiden fan :lol:

I am just throwing this out here in case someone can check to make sure that 6 creatures from Check the Bodies are getting proper script replacements with BP180. Mainly the Race script is the concern as older verisons (BP177) wiped the scripts out so they only have a general CBWTMONS or something similar. That script has no attack commands.

Here are my findings:
http://www.shsforums...post__p__490810

Thanks!
?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

Posted Image The Definitive Guide to Trolls

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#20 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 08:14 PM

Mainly the Race script is the concern as older verisons (BP177) wiped the scripts out so they only have a general CBWTMONS or something similar. That script has no attack commands.

The latest version shouldn't be wiping any scripts that I know of. It just replaces some generic scripts with BP's versions (like wtasight => bpwtasgt).

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle