• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 horred the plague

horred the plague

Scourge of the Seven Seas

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 03:26 PM

I made this little ditty to help with crashes due to the BP scripts. It's stolen directly from the BP tp2 file, and is meant to be applied at the end of the install. I clean them up in BP, but all the stuff installed afterwards can and will cause crashes. In my own megamod install, which was just a slightly enhanced 'recommended ' install, I caught over 550 innate spells not set to level one. Before this, I was gettting crashes every few seconds in one save game, when I ran BP Series scripts. They vanished after applying this.

:cheers:

Enjoy!

Attached Files

#2 alezaleg

alezaleg
  • 9 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 11:57 PM

should it be applied after generalized biffing?  Leo has it installed before.   Does the order matter.  I installed BWP and it didnt install the innate fix for some reason.  If the order doesnt matter, rather than reinstall BWP for 10 hours, I was just gonna manual install the innate fix on the end.

Edited by alezaleg, 26 March 2012 - 12:27 AM.

#3 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 03:31 AM

You can install it after biffing if you want. It probably only touches a couple dozen innates or so, so patching those to the override isn't going to affect lag at all (like having 1000s of unbiffed resources in the override can do).

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
================================================================
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#4 alezaleg

alezaleg
  • 9 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 11:02 AM

okay.  the creator of the mod says  it fixes 550 of them.  Guess its just a judgement call, but i understand what you r saying technically.

#5 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 10:06 PM

There seems to be a slight problem with setting every innate to level 1 as mentioned here :P There's a (kinda) list of all the innates that are referenced by CastSpellInnate() in an Expert BWP game in the third post there so it might be worth processing them on a case-by-case basis :cheers:

Edited by Lollorian, 10 August 2012 - 10:07 PM.

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#6 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 08:37 PM

There were some more changes, adding in exclusions for eSeries and the new files are here :P

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod