Problems with mods in mega mod game

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 11:59 PM

Thank you, Dabus and Miloch! So this was an old v9.3 bug that is already fixed in 9.4? How boring.

Now look at the cre, look at code and you have a potential cause:

You forgot "and understand the code", which I don't, at least not just like that..

Hm, considering SCS probably didn't only introduce this one hobgoblin, I could fake it to make the area load but I guess reinstalling with v9.4 would be recommended?

#22 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 12:11 AM

...but I guess reinstalling with v9.4 would be recommended?

Well, if you wish to start a new game, and don't mind that you have just waited x hours just to play that 9.3 BWS game, then sure... But if you do mind, then I would suggest to use the old game.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#23 tomkaz

tomkaz
  • 992 posts

Donator

Posted 01 October 2010 - 08:41 PM

The other problem I had was that I could not kill Saverok. This was also fixed by not adding the three mods I listed in the original post.

However, another problem occurred. After the Mae'Ver cut scene, the game crashes when loading SOA. With BWP 9.4, it did not crash, but using my BWP 9.3 save files caused other problems.

Tom

#24 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 01 October 2010 - 09:54 PM

The other problem I had was that I could not kill Saverok. This was also fixed by not adding the three mods I listed in the original post.

Which mods? I just see your old WeiDU.log.

However, another problem occurred. After the Mae'Ver cut scene, the game crashes when loading SOA.

Post your baldur.err contents from after the crash.

using my BWP 9.3 save files caused other problems.

Well, yes... you never want to use old saved games with a new install - particularly not with something like BWP.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
================================================================
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#25 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 01 October 2010 - 10:17 PM

...but I guess reinstalling with v9.4 would be recommended?

Well, if you wish to start a new game...

With BWP 9.4, it did not crash, but using my BWP 9.3 save files caused other problems.

Well, I told you "Well, if you wish to start a new game..." and the text problems is a huge part of the problem, why you have to restart.

The other problem I had was that I could not kill Saverok.

Did you actually read what you have to do to kill Sarevok ? Cause you have to kill his whole party first before him, because of SCS's "#0 #6200 // Improved final battle".

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#26 tomkaz

tomkaz
  • 992 posts

Donator

Posted 25 October 2010 - 07:20 AM

I have a solution to two of the problems. They are the Gorion cut scene crash and the crash on going to Firewine Plains.

I used BWP 9.4 and was able to add SCS-v16 and TODv1.13. There were no problems with these mods.

In fact, BWP 9.4 fixed a lot of minor problems that were tolerable in BWP 9.3. Such things as enemies that failed to attack. I have completed the game up to Drizzt Saga with only two minor problems. One was Black Talon Elite fail to attack you party and the other was Jeremy was not in the Nashkel Inn. To get Jeremy, I went outside (easier to see Jeremy) and created him and the dragon fighter. Things went normal from that point.

Tom