Photo

Assertion failed in ChDimm.cpp at line #7641

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 ilot

ilot
  • 574 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 09:09 AM

An italian player have CTD when he try to enter in BH2000 and his has this message in "baldur.err" file.

------------------------------------------

ASSERTION FAILED!
File: ChDimm.cpp
Line: 7641

Exp: pBiffHeader->dwFileType != mmioFOURCC('B', 'I', 'F', 'C')

Msg: n:\­cd3\­DATA\­AREA1300.BIF: attempted to use compressed BIF from CD, check free hard drive space
Run Debugger?

------------------------------------------

I know that this sort of problem could be solved copying the file from the cd# folder (or the CD itself) and other times it is possible use DLTCEP to decompress the BIF.

I suppose that in my case I must decompress "AREA1300" Posted Image Posted Image
But I not be able to use DLTCEP or decompress myself the file and I would like to know "step by step" Posted Image this two procedure

Thanks Posted Image

Italian mods tanslator!!!!

#2 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 03:38 PM

Hi ilot,

Try using that same procedure as that RoT crash and extracting the files for the area with DLTCEP. :ph34r:
?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

Posted Image The Definitive Guide to Trolls

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#3 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 03:46 PM

This happens when a mod area tries to use standard resources (typically ambients) referenced in another area's compressed biff. It's fixable by cloning those references to the mod's namespace (so for example COPY_EXISTING ~am1300.wav~ ~override/bh1300.wav~ etc.). If you look at the "Ambients" section for bh2000.are, there's a whole bunch of these vanilla ambients. If you want, I can provide code to do this (just need to dig it up on another computer).

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#4 ilot

ilot
  • 574 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 01:26 AM

Hi ilot,

Try using that same procedure as that RoT crash and extracting the files for the area with DLTCEP. Posted Image

Hi Hoppy Posted Image

Unfortunately I've not Secret of Bonehill installed in my PC!!!

PS: Here there is the item code about "The Darkest Day"...Posted Image

http://www.teambg.or...9e4&topic=214.0

This happens when a mod area tries to use standard resources (typically ambients) referenced in another area's compressed biff. It's fixable by cloning those references to the mod's namespace (so for example COPY_EXISTING ~am1300.wav~ ~override/bh1300.wav~ etc.). If you look at the "Ambients" section for bh2000.are, there's a whole bunch of these vanilla ambients. If you want, I can provide code to do this (just need to dig it up on another computer).

Can you provide....? Please Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

PS: For italian translation about "Aurora's Shoes" I've almost finished, 2/3 weeks......Posted Image

#5 -Miloch-

-Miloch-

Posted 18 September 2010 - 08:00 AM

PS: Here there is the item code about "The Darkest Day"...Posted Image
http://www.teambg.or...9e4&topic=214.0

This appears to be a different error entirely:

There appears errors and game crushes ( Assertion failed in ChVidPoly.cpp, line 523) , however there are some condition when it works ok (used in AR0300 in BG2) but exact results are unknown at the moment.

The full baldur.err message might help. ChVidPoly might have something to do with polygon vertices - not sure.

Can you provide....? Please

Working on it - not just for Bonehill but all mods affected by this (there are many it appears).

#6 -hoppy-

-hoppy-

Posted 19 September 2010 - 12:27 AM

[quote name='Miloch' date='18 September 2010 - 08:00 AM' timestamp='1284825639' post='497127']
This appears to be a different error entirely:
[quote]There appears errors and game crushes ( Assertion failed in ChVidPoly.cpp, line 523) , however there are some condition when it works ok (used in AR0300 in BG2) but exact results are unknown at the moment.[/quote]The full baldur.err message might help. ChVidPoly might have something to do with polygon vertices - not sure.
[quote]
[/quote]

I am currently attempting to fix the area for the next TDD release.

#7 ilot

ilot
  • 574 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 01:15 AM

Thanks Hoppy and Miloch Posted Image

I will follow this topic Working on it

#8 masterdisorder

masterdisorder
  • 109 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 06:58 AM

I too am an Italian player and I have this problem! :D
I enter in GArotten and within a few seconds CTD

---------------------Start Logging Session---------------------

ASSERTION FAILED!

Msg: d:\cd3\DATA\AREA1100.BIF: attempted to use compressed BIF from CD, check free hard drive space
Run Debugger?

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry Miloch , but I did not understand anything about what I do to solve the problem ...

#9 masterdisorder

masterdisorder
  • 109 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 10:52 AM

I too am an Italian player and I have this problem! :D
I enter in GArotten and within a few seconds CTD

ASSERTION FAILED!

Msg: d:\cd3\DATA\AREA1100.BIF: attempted to use compressed BIF from CD, check free hard drive space
Run Debugger?

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry Miloch , but I did not understand anything about what I do to solve the problem ...

Even when I try to go to Bone Hill :

ASSERTION FAILED!

Msg: d:\cd3\DATA\AREA1300.BIF: attempted to use compressed BIF from CD, check free hard drive space
Run Debugger?
---------------------------------------------------------------

Basically I can not continue the mod, I have to return to Baldur's Gate via CLUAConsole?

Edited by masterdisorder, 06 November 2010 - 03:09 AM.

#10 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 06:46 AM

I shelved the fix for this until the next WeiDU comes out but that seems to be taking a while. In the meantime, you can try uncompressing the area1100.bif with DLTCEP (Extraction > Uncompress BIF). Try the uncompressed biff in your /data folder and cache/data if that doesn't work. Do the same with any other .bif files you get an error for.

Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#11 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 06:57 AM

... the fix ...

Would this mean something like a general fixer-upper mod like the Crefixer?? :D

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#12 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 07:14 AM

Yes, but I need the new WeiDU biff functions for it. I suppose I could code it with the beta, see if it works at least. If I'm not doing 50 other things already :P.