BG2+TOB Multiplayer game crashes upon creation

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 -Huub-

-Huub-

Posted 15 October 2010 - 05:10 AM

Hello,

I've got a problem with starting an multiplayer game. I've installed ToB and no mods. When i try to create a multiplayer game for SoA with any form of connection it exits. Im running it on windows 7, running it admin or competabel doesnt change the fact that it crashes directly after pressing 'new game'. Does anyone know how to fix this problem or is it just a random problem. I tried reinstalling but didnt change it.

Thanks in advance for any help.

#2 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 04:09 PM

1) Have you installed the official ToB v26498 patch?
2) If you put "Logging On=1" under Program Options in your baldur.ini file and reproduce the crash, does any text appear in a baldur.err file?

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
================================================================
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#3 -Bob Sapp-

-Bob Sapp-

Posted 03 December 2010 - 05:54 PM

Start the game in windowed mode and go back to full screen once your game is loaded.

#4 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 12:20 AM

Start the game in windowed mode and go back to full screen once your game is loaded.

You can also start in the fullscreen mode, and when you push the Start, the game doesn't actually crash, but it just becomes unresponsive, in which case you just push the Windows button, or Crtl+Alt+(a button, forgot what it is, should be the Delete) which makes the windows Explorer.exe up again, then you just deal with the problem that the windows Firewall is by allowing the BGMain.exe past it and then you just click the games process that's already running and proceed back to the multiplayer.
You then can go to the Control Panel, go to the Firewall settings and always allow the BGMain.exe past it.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#5 -Kristoaster-

-Kristoaster-

Posted 20 February 2011 - 02:35 AM

You can also start in the fullscreen mode, and when you push the Start, the game doesn't actually crash, but it just becomes unresponsive, in which case you just push the Windows button, or Crtl+Alt+(a button, forgot what it is, should be the Delete) which makes the windows Explorer.exe up again, then you just deal with the problem that the windows Firewall is by allowing the BGMain.exe past it and then you just click the games process that's already running and proceed back to the multiplayer.
You then can go to the Control Panel, go to the Firewall settings and always allow the BGMain.exe past it.

Hi guys, I've also got this problem with multiplayer games - allowing BG through the Firewall, or even turning the Firewall off, doesn't seem to help. I'm pretty sure I'm running the latest patch too. I'm playing unmodded on Win 7 - someone somewhere else mentioned it could be a lack of TCP/IP drivers?

#6 -Kristoaster-

-Kristoaster-

Posted 20 February 2011 - 04:04 AM

Hi guys, I've also got this problem with multiplayer games - allowing BG through the Firewall, or even turning the Firewall off, doesn't seem to help. I'm pretty sure I'm running the latest patch too. I'm playing unmodded on Win 7 - someone somewhere else mentioned it could be a lack of TCP/IP drivers?

Oop, sorry, fixed it now - started the game in Windowed mode, which made it work (?). Cheers anyway

#7 -jrbdiener-

-jrbdiener-

Posted 10 February 2013 - 02:41 AM

Yes the above solution about the fire wall did not work for me.

#8 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 07:44 AM

Yes the above solution about the fire wall did not work for me.

Quoting a wall of text and then giving scrap of info like you do, doesn't give us much to go on about, so you might want to give us more info to go on with.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.