BuTcHeRy

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 DrAzTiK

DrAzTiK
  • 85 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 10:33 PM

index.php?app=downloads&module=display&s

Download and look the new readme of this mod herehttps://www.baldursg...2-et-bg2ee.html

File Name: BuTcHeRy
File Submitter: DrAzTiK
File Submitted: 11 Nov 2010
File Updated: 15 Nov 2011
File Category: Miscellaneous Released Mods

BuTcHeRY

///////////////////////////

Author: DrAzTiK
Language: English
Version: 3.2
OS platform: Windows
Homepage: non-existant, as of yet

INTRODUCTION :

3 components :
1 - Revisited fight vs Tazok & Dig_Dag.~
2 - Rebalancing a few generic creatures.(non spellcasters ORCS and OGRE)
3 - Rebalancing Tazok and Dig-Dag.

The main objectif of this little mod is to add a challenging and fun fight in Firkraag lair. in fact, it is really specialized.

I am a gamer one hundred percent but I like baldur's gate a lot so I have also made this little mod to be a minimum familiar with some modding stuffs.

Surely experts in modding will find my coding really pathetic but I think my mod should work correctly. I have tested it on a big install without notice bugs.

I am open to critics and suggestion, for sure.
I also hope my english will not hurt your eyes too much.

Secondary objectif are :

- allow the players to fight in a big room or large espace. Always fighting in corridor in BG2 is so boring, don't you think ?
- have a "butchery fight", a bit like in TOB. If you don't like to be surrounded by many ennemy, maybe this mod is not for you.
- make some non-spellcaster creatures a bit more challenging (while non cheated) using kit ability, having profeciency in weapons, etc.
- have challenging and charismatic boss.
- Have 100% compatibility and optimisation with Sword Coast stratagems II . (especially IA and More sensible choices of weapon proficiencies and kits for fighters components)
- Some optimisations with Item Revisions (especially potions revisions and Ardanis items re-allocation).
- Keep 100% content of the original game. I add some think but I don't remove a single one.
- Add a bit of fun dialogues and cutscenes.
- No big loots or new magicals items.

COMPATIBILITY NOTES :

BuTcHeRy should be compatible with most other WeiDU mods.

I have personally tested my mod in a big install without notice problems...

I add a area script for AR1203 (Firkraag room). If some players think it can be a problem with some others mods, they are welcome to make me aware of this.

ABOUT SCS II :

I hugely recommand to install SCS II (improved AI component).

You can install all my components before or after SCS II but considering :
- The SCS V16 component "More sensible choices of weapon proficiencies and kits for fighters " turn TAZOK into a berseker.

==> I recommand to install my last component "Rebalancing Tazok and Dig-Dag" after SCSII . If you install my component before, nothing dangerous will happen but Tazok will get some berseker rages in additions to barbares ones.

My mod is not compatible with improved Firkraag from revisited batlles. (don't expect crash but an impossible fight)

COMPONENTS :

1 - DrAzTiK revisited fight vs Tazok & Dig_Dag.~

==> I have always found the fight vs Tazok and Dig-Dag in Firkraag lair nothink more than a pathetic joke.

Obviously, Firkaag is supposed to be an optionel boss (like shadow dragon, and surely Faldorn too) umbeatable before Underdark. All banters and interjections suppose the party want to escape in front of Firkraag without thinking twice and come back later, really later.

So I assume Tazok and Dig Dag are supposed to be the boss of Firkaag lair and IMO the fight deserve to be a bit more challenging and fun.

With This component installed, the figt vs Tazok and Dig-Dag will now take place somewhere else. This component doesn't touch or tweak creatures at all except :
- A new script is added for Dig dag, letting him have some new dialogs and drink 2 potions before fighting.
- A new script is added to Tazok, allowing him to drink 2 potions before fighting.

Of course, this component also add some of my customs creatures and especially two fighters of my own composition. (with french soundsets sorry). They are here to protect Tazok and Dig Dag in the final fight.

2 - Rebalancing a few generic creatures.

This component alter "a bit" stats, weapons, profenciency of some generic fighters orcs and ogres. Most of them now have a barbarian or berseker kit, a weapon witch suit avatar etc.. but I ofen keep vanilla level. The list is :

OGRE01 ==> now Berserk level 5 (19STR, 19CONST, Morning Star+++)
ORC01 ==> now barbarian level 5 (19STR, 19CONST, AXE++)
ORC02 ==> now fighter level 5 (composite long bow +++)
ORC05 (orog) ==> now barbarian level 7 (20STR, 20CONST, 2HS++)
ORC06 (orog) ==> now berserk level 7 (20STR, 20CONST, 2HS+++)

Except high score in STR and CONST, theses creatures have now same features and obey same rules in comparaison to others humanoides. (thac0, saves, hit point, kit bonus etc..), except they remain a bit slow, have a incredible moral and a good AC.

Most of the time you will find theses creatures only in Windspear Hills and Firkraag lair. I also add a lot of them in my mod. (that's why I build this component)

A component of SCSII (Improved Random Encounters) also use these creatures a lot. Be prepared ! Maybe BGSPAWN also use some of them.

I don't touch vanilla fighting scripts at all. So if you don't install SCS II Smarter general AI, creatures will not use kit ability.

Of course, I am open to critics about my balance.

3 - Rebalancing Tazok and Dig-Dag.

In vanilla we have :
- Tazok : ORC Level 18 standart fighter.
- Dig Dag : ORC level 12 standart fighter.

This component add a barbarian kit for Tazok and a Berserk Kit for Dig Dag and improve their level by one.( level 19 and 13)

This component is also cosmetic. Tazok is now a half ogre again (as in BG1) while Dig Dag take the big ORC avatar.

Equipement, stats and profenciency are tweaked a bit, especially for Dig-Dag.

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////
//// Version History
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////

V 1 - 11 november 2010

V 2 - 30 november 2010
New feauture: French translation

V 3 - 1 march 2011
Better compatibility with SCS II ( especially More sensible choices of weapon proficiencies and kits for fighters component)

V 3.2 - 10 october 2011
Increase Tazok to level 19 barbarian
Add a magical armor to Tazok.
Increase Dig-Dag to level 13 Berseker
Decrease the number of Orcs spawn in final fight.

Click here to download this file

Edited by DrAzTiK, 11 November 2018 - 08:07 AM.

#2 yarpen

yarpen

Drunken Superhero

• 257 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 07:16 AM

You've finally published your little gem. ^^. Congrats on release. I'm a bit worried about french soundset (I've downloaded english BG2 only to not suffer a horror of multi-lingual installations) but probably will be present in my next BG2 mod-pack. :D

#3 DrAzTiK

DrAzTiK
  • 85 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 10:18 AM

Ty yarpen,

In fact, soundset have no incidence at all. I have made a lot of effort to elaborate them so surely the reason I speak about it.
It's soundsets for 2 enemy so you may heart some sounds during the fight but nothing really disturbing. ;)

#4 Fennek

Fennek
  • 355 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 04:32 AM

Very nice and interesting! :cheers:
That's something I really like, to give kits to monsters. If I run around as a berserker or barbarian, why shouldn't they?
I guess, however, that some of these guys will appear in BG1, although I'm not sure if this is something bad.
It's also very nice to have this fight a bit upgraded. It was a bit like the gnoll fortress in Bg1, lacking a proper boss.

But why did you use a French soundset? Use the hobgoblin-soundset... Vorwärts, Marsch! :blink: (I was really impressed, then shocked, then impressed again when I found out that hobgoblins talk German in the English version... I guess you use the Breton language-version? Hm, maybe you could find an English soundset in the Russian version, ja?).

#5 DrAzTiK

DrAzTiK
  • 85 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 10:10 AM

In fact, I use a lot of sound from hogblin, ogre etc... Foe next release, I will give to my 2 cre a soundset with vanilla sounds (if you have BG in english, sounds will be in english) but really it shouldn't be disturbing at all. :)

#6 psychlopes

psychlopes
  • 83 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 08:54 AM

after installing the mod ( not sure if it was installed in the correct mod order although I think it was) the orc fighters in the 2nd level of Firkraags dungeon will spawn indefinitely)
I had to CTRL-y the bastards but more of them spawned until the whole dungeon was filled with them, so I CTRL-j to near Firkraags lair and after killing him it took more than 10 min. to load the 2nd level again (where Samia and co. are) and my characters actually spawned at the area where you find a beljuril gem bec. there was no place to spawn at the entrance due to the insane number of orc fighters
also: only met Tazok after killing Firkraag ( is it supposed to be like this?)
hope what I said makes sense

Attached Files

#7 10th

10th
  • 621 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 07:05 AM

@DrAzTiK/infinite orc spawns
Consider increasing the wait(1) to something like wait(10) or wait(30) in D9AR1202.baf. Moreover set the variable D9someorcExists to 1 if you kill both Tazok and DigDag.

10th
Avast! You cannot defeat our titan-mounted submarine staffed by cannibal vikings! - Nodwick

"I grab his deceased spirit and piledrive it back into his body, duplicating raise dead." - Psyren Oots board

#8 DrAzTiK

DrAzTiK
  • 85 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 02:09 PM

Ok I have set the variable D9someorcExists to 1. It should fix the infinity spawn.

You are suposed to see Tazok before Firkraag. But you must before enter in AR1202 (the map where you had the pb with infinity spawn)in order to let map script move Tazok and Dig Dag in Firkraag room.

I think the spawning break all this psychlopes. Really sorry for inconvenience.

#9 psychlopes

psychlopes
  • 83 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 10:54 PM

no problem
and dont get me wrong. I loved your mod and the fights were definitely better

#10 Rigel

Rigel
  • 11 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 08:40 AM

Congratulations for your mod DrAzTiK, i'll try it on my next mega install ! :woot: I like the name too, in the direct line of "Groumf Encounters"... :doh:

Edited by Rigel, 23 March 2011 - 08:41 AM.

#11 DrAzTiK

DrAzTiK
  • 85 posts

Posted 01 November 2018 - 12:54 PM

This mod is uptaded and compatible with BG2EE and ETT.  You can download it and look the new readme on "la couronne de cuivre" website :

https://www.baldursg...2-et-bg2ee.html

I did receive a lot of help to make it uptaded. 

However, I don't know if I should update the download link on spellhold .

#12 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5148 posts

Posted 01 November 2018 - 01:13 PM

However, I don't know if I should update the download link on spellhold .
Should you, yes. Where that links into is a different thing. If you want to, you can link into a more official site that might be baldursgateworld ... But make the link obvious, so no hidden backpeddling .. or whats it called.
So after you decide to do this, you might want to also link to a forum in the assumption that people can't read French, and thread them there equally, not that I know you wouldn't.

Edited by The Imp, 01 November 2018 - 01:18 PM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#13 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 02 November 2018 - 09:44 AM

also hope my english will not hurt your eyes too much.

I also hope my english will not hurt your eyes too much.

It ain't bad, but y'know, my eyes are practically blind anyway. As for hosting, maybe contact Creepin (who speaks a bit of Russlish if that's familiar to you). Sounds like an interesting mod.

Edit @ Imp: baldursgateworld is a more "official" site? These ones are where the real players hang out.

Edited by Miloch, 02 November 2018 - 09:46 AM.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
================================================================
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#14 DrAzTiK

DrAzTiK
  • 85 posts

Posted 03 November 2018 - 01:50 PM

The last uptade of my mod is only avaible on baldursgateworld.fr. I think is is better.

#15 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5148 posts

Posted 03 November 2018 - 02:46 PM

Edit @ Imp: baldursgateworld is a more "official" site?

Like DrAzTiK IMPlied, it shouldn't matter what we think, it's up to the mod maker to up their products, and as long as the SHSforums has correct information about the state of the mod, it should be fine.
@DrAzTiK, could you edit the first post, and note that the downlink is in the "Téléchargement ..."
And correct the "(Dowload)" to be "(Download)" .. :whistling:  :hug: 

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.